Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) (41713 Views)

Man Arrested In Delta For Stabbing 19-Year-Old Girlfriend To Death (Photos) / Fake Sylvester Stallone Bags Two Years Imprisonment Over $200 Internet Fraud / Baba Ijesha Has Been Sentenced To 16-Years In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by ebukajay184: 3:45pm On Jul 08, 2022
A Lagos State High Court on Thursday, July 7, sentenced a couple, Fortune and Steve Nwankwo, to 16 years imprisonment for the involuntary manslaughter of their 19-year-old maid, Joy Adole, IgbereTV reports.

Both were accused of killing Adole on April 20, 2020, at their residence located at No. 18, Ogundola St., Bariga, Lagos.

They however, denied the allegation, claiming that Adole committed suicide by hanging herself in her bedroom.

Justice Oyindamola Ogala found the couple guilty of conspiracy and manslaughter.

While delivering judgment in suit no ID/13178C/20, Justice Ogala held that the prosecution had proved the charge of manslaughter, conspiracy and attempt to pervert justice and misconduct as regards the death of their maid in their house at Bariga, Lagos State.

The court convicted Stephen of the charges of conspiracy, attempt to pervert justice, misconduct and accessory after the fact of felony.

The judge held that the court was convinced that the testimonies of the prosecution witnesses were not only strong but also corroborated the fact that the housemaid died due to the beating by Fortune (first defendant).

"The first defendant beat the deceased which caused her death as she had not been feeling well prior to the incident.

“The defendants did not inform or call the family of the deceased from 5am when they found out she had died until noon when the second defendant called the sister of the deceased and asked for her full name and other personal information so as to enable them to embalm her in the morgue.

“The second defendant, having found out that the first defendant had killed the deceased due to the beating, assisted her in perverting the course of justice by hanging the body with a rope.

"There were three adults in the house: the defendants and the housemaid. The defendants were the last two adults that got in contact with the housemaid before her death.

"The hanging was staged, the deceased was hanged by a rope and the position the police found her body did not depict suicide as her feet were on the floor,” she said.

Ogala also held that the defendants tampered with evidence when they embalmed the body, which made it difficult for the toxicologist to carry out an autopsy.

The judge, thereafter, sentenced Fortune to 14 years in jail, while Steve bagged two years imprisonment.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfwFv2dtb0q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by donaldking10: 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
amateurs.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Oxb90: 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
May God grant me His grace to be able to train all my children before I die. The level of maltreatment maids receive from their masters and especially mistress is out of this world.

176 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 4:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
ebukajay184:

The judge, thereafter, sentenced Fortune to 14 years in jail, while Steve bagged two years imprisonment.

Good one. Fortune 14 years and Steve 2 years. Steve should be released soon and get married to another woman. As for the wicked sadistic madam, she go turn chairwoman for jail.

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by backnbeta(f): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
Stupid Steven should have cautioned the unFortunate woman! Steve will remarry before Fortune comes out of prison

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Golan007: 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
May her soul rest in peace.

Always try to manage your anger.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by judedwriter(m): 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2022
This life and wahala na 1 and 2.

God have mercy!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by jimmyolasun: 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
I still dey reason why most female are toxic and wicked.. naa so one babe wey i dey reason one time misbehave. E get one small boy for street wey dey help me run errands and do cleaning on weekends while i give him stuffs and sometimes he stays to play with me. Boy wey be say me and him dey always play game together oo, wey Sabi all the girls wey I dey run well well. Very good OBIdient boy. E reach her turn to be main chick she begin give the boy attitude and dey cold towards him. Babe even get liver tell me make I no allow the boy come my place for no reason o because I had to ask her why..

Well no story, I kicked her out of my life. Because naa small small e dey start. Before you cut me off my families too.. now the boy don turn big man now and I be him big uncle as he dey always remind me of back then say e dey fear say i go send am away.. last last naa the boy carry me nephew for house now..

325 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by adecz: 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2022
Its a wonder that the average Nigerian wife hates any children in her house that isn't
her biological children...❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Minime10(f): 5:50pm On Jul 08, 2022
ebukajay184:

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

The judge sef no try at all, wetin be 14years in a case of first degree murder of a young girl of 19.
Night and day is counted as two days in serving jail term.
The murderer will be out just after 7yeaes embarassed

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Asianjollof007: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
"Lagos couple?" even when the evil deed is done by the hatred and bitterness filled tribe. Anything to paint lagos and the entire west bad.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by TheWolfen(m): 7:28pm On Jul 08, 2022
The wicked soul frustrated the poor maid.
RIP.
She is in a better place now.

longifilis:

Better place.what did you say? How do you know? Have you been there before?

There is no doubt the good souls find peace in the afterlife. Humans had been told that.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by TheWolfen(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2022
adecz:

Its a wonder that the average Nigerian wife hates any children in her house that isn't
her biological children...❗️❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️
The reason why women don't like to leave their children in other women care.
They can do anything to stay alive and care for their kids

11 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
I hope justice was served.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Ceejay94: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2022
What a wicked world
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by DropsMic(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hmm
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Peacemaker5128: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Na dem
Very wiked gorillas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by AZControversial(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Justice has been served!
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by BabaOfLagos: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
Children can be stubborn at times, but adults should learn to exercise patience...
For those who understands Basketball profits.. See the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/7169675/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by RedPiller(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
grin
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Seypagan: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
If you are reading this, it is not too late to become OBI-dient and YUS-ful to your life by getting your PVC, vote on election day & also protect your vote from BATS or else A ti Ku o!

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by specialmati(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
embarassed embarassed embarassed chai rip young blood.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by loffers(m): 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Be calming down.

Asianjollof007:
"Lagos couple?" even when the evil deed is done by the hatred and bitterness filled tribe. Anything to paint lagos and the entire west bad.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Wintertime: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nawao

This old case..thank God justice is served

If you can't use your own eyes to endure someone's child don't bring such fellow to your abode

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by epagane: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2022
16years is too little

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by hubfire: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by RedPiller(m): 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
Obi is the answer.

Get you PVC, tell the couple to get theirs and chase out this evil government...

They will heal by 2024

You are not Obedient if you didn't like this comment

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Iamvetlander(m): 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
Nah wa for these kind women.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Pbabi(f): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2022
ebukajay184:

if you can't handle someone else child kindly let them be. I'm sure most of them won't allow Thier children stay with even their relatives because of the mindset they have towards other people's children.

What a wicked world.

Rip.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by SIMONEKPA7: 8:26pm On Jul 08, 2022
smiley
Nigerian women are so wicked to other children that are not theirs. I blame simps husband's

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sergeant Bello Kills 6 Colleagues At Police Headquarters In Maiduguri / Keke Driver Stabbed To Death During N350 Argument (Disturbing Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Arrested With Weapons In Kaduna By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.