Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) (41745 Views)

Man Arrested In Delta For Stabbing 19-Year-Old Girlfriend To Death (Photos) / Fake Sylvester Stallone Bags Two Years Imprisonment Over $200 Internet Fraud / Baba Ijesha Has Been Sentenced To 16-Years In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Jhoanner(f): 4:30am On Jul 09, 2022
They should have been given life imprisonment. Who gave you the right to take a life you didn't create?
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by longifilis(m): 4:52am On Jul 09, 2022
TheWolfen:
The wicked soul frustrated the poor maid.
RIP.
She is in a better place now.

There is no doubt the good souls find peace in the afterlife. Humans had been told that.

Heresy. Some people were burned for "heresy" that a maid die out of frustration, wickedness of her boss or for her personal conviction shouldn't be a criterion or yardstick that she's in a better place, we aren't saved out of self pity but we're being saved by our confession and good deeds
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by johnnychuks(m): 5:03am On Jul 09, 2022
Minime10:

The judge sef no try at all, wetin be 14years in a case of first degree murder of a young girl of 19.
Night and day is counted as two days in serving jail term.
The murderer will be out just after 7yeaes embarassed
honestly the judge mess up big time for a high degree of murder case like this charging them just 1 year and 7, if day and night counts, that's unaceptable to me.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Iwanttoto: 5:35am On Jul 09, 2022
NewSoul:

Nothing of such. The day and night story na wash. She's serving 14 complete. See her in 2036 undecided

U want see her in 2036. You sure day u go dey alive then?
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Unclefemolala(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2022
We4all:

No, 14 years in jail ain’t the regular 14 years outside jail. They count differently.
False , bring proof
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Unclefemolala(m): 6:31am On Jul 09, 2022
Addme:

A new day in Prison starts around 6pm.
A day is not actually a day.
A year in prison calendar is 8 months. She will be serving 9 years plus and with the charges, there wouldn't be a bail prior to the verdict,so it would start counting from 2020, the period of their arrest.
False , bring your proof
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by DimChukwuOjukwu: 7:44am On Jul 09, 2022
Igbo women are a cancer and plague to children that are not theirs. Spits.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by mmsen: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2022
jimmyolasun:
I still dey reason why most female are toxic and wicked.. naa so one babe wey i dey reason one time misbehave. E get one small boy for street wey dey help me run errands and do cleaning on weekends while i give him stuffs and sometimes he stays to play with me. Boy wey be say me and him dey always play game together oo, wey Sabi all the girls wey I dey run well well. Very good OBIdient boy. E reach her turn to be main chick she begin give the boy attitude and dey cold towards him. Babe even get liver tell me make I no allow the boy come my place for no reason o because I had to ask her why..

Well no story, I kicked her out of my life. Because naa small small e dey start. Before you cut me off my families too.. now the boy don turn big man now and I be him big uncle as he dey always remind me of back then say e dey fear say i go send am away.. last last naa the boy carry me nephew for house now..

I don't believe in god but I'm sure that there are many devils walking amongst us.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by godofuck231: 8:24am On Jul 09, 2022
sharone21:

Na lie....Wickedness dates back to even women of old.

Not feminism nor runs girls....When one is wicked, she is wicked.... Whether in 1929 or 1950 or 2020
this is common with women who have gone through dehumanizing conditions so they feel others should be abused too , old or new they feel the younger girls should fear them , they died the loss of power in their circle

1 Like

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 8:26am On Jul 09, 2022
babzo:

I'm assuming you havnt yet traveled on a plane overseas or being to Europe, China or America; if you had, you ll quickly accept the fact that unless you declare yourself to be a Nigerian, no traveling for you grin

No I've not traveled on a plane, I've been using camel.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by val4sure(m): 8:37am On Jul 09, 2022
Minime10:

The judge sef no try at all, wetin be 14years in a case of first degree murder of a young girl of 19.
That's a rumour, 14 years in jail means 14 years in the outside world, nothing like day and night count, unless you are been pardoned for good behaviour..

Google is your friend..
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by nuelyoyo(m): 8:49am On Jul 09, 2022
Minime10:

I am not a lawyer, but I understand basic legal and criminal terminologies. If you read the news article up there in detail, you would have seen where the woman's crime was termed 'involuntary manslaughter'.

And yes, that it was it is, the woman did not plan to kill the maid, she beat her to death without the intention of killing her, a wicked act I must say.

Other examples of involuntary manslaughter would be driving and knocking a pedestrian down, and it leads to his/her death; fighting with someone, and the person slumps and dies; administering medication on someone, and the person dies. I stand to be corrected by a lawyer though, by the examples I have given.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Amayabor1: 9:01am On Jul 09, 2022
Never give your children as maid to an Igbo woman. They are very good at maltreating children that live with them that are not theirs.

They have this anger and frustration towards their maid that you can't even explain. Very bitter and wicked people. And to think nobody forced them to go get a maid.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by mickyeddi(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2022
What's the deal with all these lazy young couples and housemaid? Unless you live in a huge mansion you should be able to look after your own home yourself.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 09, 2022
Iwanttoto:

U want see her in 2036. You sure day u go dey alive then?

Ask yourself? By the grace of God almighty, I will be alive, hale, hearty and prosperous. And will be a very successful 40 year old man in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2022
mickyeddi:
What's the deal with all these lazy young couples and housemaid? Unless you live in a huge mansion you should be able to look after your own home yourself.
Women of today are very lazy na undecided they don't want to cook, clean, wash plate and clothes. All they want is enjoyment (new clothes, new phones, new shoes, expensive outings and restaurants). And every Saturday an unfortunate man puts a ring on of the lazy bunches finger undecided
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by babzo(m): 11:08am On Jul 09, 2022
SugarGirl44:

No I've not traveled on a plane, I've been using camel.

Sorry if i sounded insulting. People do travel across some Africanborders without passports
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by SugarGirl44(f): 1:00pm On Jul 09, 2022
babzo:

Sorry if i sounded insulting. People do travel across some Africanborders without passports

No wahala.
Temi ye mi.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by torvickof1312(m): 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2022
Una no like her, why not sent her back to her people??

If you can't take care of her then let her go for everyone need a touch of love, if you can't give her love send her back to her people
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Pootle: 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2022
jimmyolasun:
I still dey reason why most female are toxic and wicked.. naa so one babe wey i dey reason one time misbehave. E get one small boy for street wey dey help me run errands and do cleaning on weekends while i give him stuffs and sometimes he stays to play with me. Boy wey be say me and him dey always play game together oo, wey Sabi all the girls wey I dey run well well. Very good OBIdient boy. E reach her turn to be main chick she begin give the boy attitude and dey cold towards him. Babe even get liver tell me make I no allow the boy come my place for no reason o because I had to ask her why..

Well no story, I kicked her out of my life. Because naa small small e dey start. Before you cut me off my families too.. now the boy don turn big man now and I be him big uncle as he dey always remind me of back then say e dey fear say i go send am away.. last last naa the boy carry me nephew for house now..

you na real g...more power bro
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Wwwq: 4:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
Oh
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by fineberry(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2022
No let poverty make you put picking for somebody place o, e get why.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by H4CK3R5: 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2022
make God no allow dem make dem kee you grin grin
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 11:22am On Jul 10, 2022
kingthreat:
Good one. Fortune 14 years and Steve 2 years. Steve should be released soon and get married to another woman. As for the wicked sadistic madam, she go turn chairwoman for jail.

BOTH of them are wicked and deserve long jail terms…
Sadly, these sorts of things will continue to occur until Nigeria outlaws this quasi-SLAVERY of “househelps”.

May the dead RIP.
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by Maberu: 1:19am On Jul 11, 2022
ebukajay184:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfwFv2dtb0q/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Igbo Biafra couple not Lagos couple. nyanmiris are criminals
Re: Lagos Couple Sentenced To 16 Years Imprisonment Over Maid's Death (Photos) by zaza1955: 3:42am On Jul 11, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Idongesit Udom, Exxonmobil Staff's Hand Amputated By Kidnappers In Akwa Ibom / 3 Thieves Caught In Igbo Ukwu Anambra, Stripped Unclad - Pictures / Keke Driver Stabbed To Death During N350 Argument (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.