Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media (2690 Views)

He Doesn't Want A Relationship BUT... / I Am In A Toxic Relationship But I Don't Know How To Quit... / 6 Things That Sum Up What Guys Really Need In A Relationship But Never Ask For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 6:16am On Jul 09, 2022
Was pondering over this - how possible is it for a girl who's in a relationship but frequently on social media to cheat? Is it right for a girl to frequently be on social media when she is already in a serious relationship?
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Ebubu3: 6:40am On Jul 09, 2022
chymeze:
Was pondering over this - how possible is it for a girl who's in a relationship but frequently on social media to cheat? Is it right for a girl to frequently be on social media when she is already in a serious relationship?
i once dated one like that. before we started dating, i didnt know her to be a social media freak. she was barely online.

then we started dating, and if we are in same town she is barely online cause she'll almost be in my place all the time. but once i travel and she travels especially during ASUU strike, she'll be online steady and entertaining "toasters". she loves the attention and flattery she gains from being woo-ed. she even chats deep into the night with different guys.

i use to wonder, is it lack of handiwork that is causing this thing? someone busy won't have time to be online steady and engaging wooers, blushing and awwwwning to their toasting. i always perceive her to be vulnerable to cheating if she can't set boundaries to other men once she's inside a serious relationship.

i have once met a girl who either because she is into a relationship, or is not ready for a relationship when i met her; she set boundaries for us. told me she cant entertain me chatting her often, and frequently shuts down an initiation of chat with me. i respected that; ability of a girl to set emotional boundaries between her and other males.

But not where this my ex dey; even though she knows you want her romantically and sexually, she will entertain the chats and water them like a flower.

after we had broken up, all those men i asked her to distant from am while dating me who were really toasting her and she was awnning and throwing her time and attention to, she later had affair with each of them after the break up.

i think SOME women dont just know how to set boundaries between them and other men who are toasters while inside a serious relationship. i wanted to say it is common with students who are in a university but if they graduate and dont stop it, you will have graduates who are also like that.

right now, if i realize you dont set boundaries with other men while in a relationship with me i will leave you in that relationship because i personally do set boundaries between my manner of chat with other girls while dating you.

note: girls who cant set boundaries are prone to become careless and eventually commit cheating.

don't argue "have i married her" argument with me and say i haven't married her thus i shouldnt block her chances with other men. Don't say it cos women relax more inside marriage so whatever she does while courting, she will do it more inside marriage.

Moreover, dont stay in my heart and be looking outside, dont stay in an affair with me and be looking outside cos me i am not doing the same. if you must entertain toasters, do so as a single girl: it's disrespectful being in a relationship and entertaining toasters/wooers either for fun, or for options.

If you are trying this with me, i'll leave you in that relationship.

18 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Nostring: 6:50am On Jul 09, 2022
cool relationship matter don tire me as I dey, na to make money, chop well, sleep comfortably , if I see big yansh I like, bang with no strings attached sad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by drightguy(m): 7:06am On Jul 09, 2022
I once dated a girl who is a social media freak.
Every moment she is online making post of sexy dance, dressing almost naked. Always chatting with guys and taking voice and video calls even upto 3am.

When she is around she places her phone on aeroplane mode against her wish but immediately she is out she returns to her ways.
I broke up with her because I sees any girl that does that not ready for relationship.

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by HopeNeverDies: 8:28am On Jul 09, 2022
Same with the nincompoop I’m dating right now... I just don’t know how to hate her. I’m still looking for a way to do hate her.

I don’t know if whether she derives so much joy in guys asking her out or whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Demigod22: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2022
There's this girl I met in camp, she is intelligent and straight forward, we chat not very often and she knows how to end the chat. I remembered the day we were chatting about leaving camp and when I asked her of her favorite food, she ended the chat. She doesn't want to share anything personal, which is setting boundaries.

Most girls lack basic understanding of what is expected of someone in a relationship, or rather, are careless about it. Why giving guys soft group or leading them on while in relationship?

I pray I don't meet such girls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 9:17am On Jul 09, 2022
HopeNeverDies:
Same with the nincompoop I’m dating right now... I just don’t know how to hate her. I’m still looking for a way to do hate her.

I don’t know if whether she derives so much joy in guys asking her out or whatsoever.
lolz

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2022
Ebubu3:

i once dated one like that. before we started dating, i didnt know her to be a social media freak. she was barely online.

then we started dating, and if we are in same town she is barely online cause she'll almost be in my place all the time. but once i travel and she travels especially during ASUU strike, she'll be online steady and entertaining "toasters". she loves the attention and flattery she gains from being woo-ed. she even chats deep into the night with different guys.

i use to wonder, is it lack of handiwork that is causing this thing? someone busy won't have time to be online steady and engaging wooers, blushing and awwwwning to their toasting. i always perceive her to be vulnerable to cheating if she can't set boundaries to other men once she's inside a serious relationship.

i've dated a girl who just because she is into a relationship, or is not ready for a relationship when i met her, set boundaries for us. told me she cant entertain me chatting her often, and frequently shuts down an initiation of chat with me. not this my girl, even though she knows you want her romantically and sexually, she will entertain the chats and water them like a flower.

after we had broken up, all those men i asked her to distant from am while dating me who were really toasting her and she was awnning and throwing her time and attention to, she later had affair with each of them after the break up.

i think SOME women dont just know how to set boundaries between them and other men who are toasters while inside a serious relationship. i wanted to say it is common with students who are in a university but if they graduate and dont stop it, you will have graduates who are also like that.

right now, if i realize you dont set boundaries with other men while in a relationship with me i will leave you in that relationship because i personally do set boundaries between my manner of chat with other girls while dating you.

note: girls who cant set boundaries are prone to become careless and eventually commit cheating.

don't argue "have i married her argument with me cos women relax more inside marriage so whatever she does while courting, she will do it more inside marriage.
I really believe that girls who still hook up to social media even when in a relationship will definitely cheat. I mean who does she chat with on social media if not guys who would tempt and woo her in all directions. The pressure would keep building up until she caves in. I really wonder what a girl looks for in social media when she already is in a relationship

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by blinking001(m): 9:25am On Jul 09, 2022
chymeze:
She belongs to the streets. Never take a street prospect out of the streets. Pump and ensure you dump them back to the streets. She's married to the streets.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 9:35am On Jul 09, 2022
blinking001:

She belongs to the streets. Never take a street prospect out of the streets. Pump and ensure you dump them back to the streets. She's married to the streets.
Lolz I completely agree

2 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Ebubu3: 9:38am On Jul 09, 2022
Demigod22:
There's this girl I met in camp, she is intelligent and straight forward, we chat not very often and she knows how to end the chat. I remembered the day we were chatting about leaving camp and when I asked her of her favorite food, she ended the chat. She doesn't want to share anything personal, which is setting boundaries.

Most girls lack basic understanding of what is expected of someone in a relationship, or rather, are careless about it. Why giving guys soft group or leading them on while in relationship?

I pray I don't meet such girls.
omo i go like find that girl hold am ooo. you still get her contact? finding girls who set boundaries between them and other males now is an important asset. they have high value in themselves and have respect for the relationship they hold with their partner.

cos the way many young girls now entertain toasters and wooers in a committed relationship just shows they lack virtue or dont take their current relationship serious(have no respect for it and the person whom they are doing the relationship with). no one asks you not to have friends, but keep your boundaries in chat.

my ex used to visit male friends while in relationship, i use to warn her and she says; "have i done the thing?" "is it not just visit?" e no tey the sex mistakenly happened grin

this same girl picks up call by 11pm and dead midnights grin

lack of boundaries and pleasure of being "wooed" don make our girls lose focus finish!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by 2dice01: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2022
Girls just wanna have fun
Una dey find serious relationship grin

3 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Olagoods1: 9:45am On Jul 09, 2022
Wahala for who dey take Nigerian girls serious... That's then .. this 2022 only money I dey take serious. I know we are different, I can live without being in any relationship forever I don't care.. I'm happy with my life without them. Though sometimes I used to feel like chatting with girls or having a girlfriend but that shit na scam.They can't date you for friendship just for money and gift. Anytime I feel honey I will just use condom nack runz girl.

4 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by helinues: 10:40am On Jul 09, 2022
Office don dey online now.

One can work from home when Badoo, and other hook up sites are there

cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Silentgroper(m): 12:23pm On Jul 09, 2022
It is one thing to get wooed, it is another thing to have an affair with the wooer.. Me, i do not have a problem with a being active on social media.. As long as she's nt sleeping or having an affair with dem. No problemo on my side..

I wouldnt lie though. Some of u niggaz sound insecure as fvck.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
Silentgroper:
It is one thing to get wooed, it is another thing to have an affair with the wooer.. Me, i do not have a problem with a being active on social media.. As long as she's nt sleeping or having an affair with dem. No problemo on my side..

Point is, what is she looking for again chatting with different guys on social media when she already is in a relationship? There is a huge difference between her being wooed spontaneously (maybe if she's walking on the street etc) and her subjecting herself to being wooed and persisting in it when she already has a lover. I mean when she does that, does she really think those guys she chats up are only there for special prayer sessions or what? I mean she already knows that those guys would be after her, so why then deliberately throw herself at them?
And just in case you don't know, it only takes persistent pressure for a lady to fall prey, no matter how good or saintly she is. As long as the pressures keep coming from guys in different angles she'd surely give way. Now I'm not saying she shouldn't communicate with guys. But she ever finds herself in such situation she ought to draw that line or cut off rather than giving them the green light by persistently engaging in communications that could lead to "had I known". To me, it's an instant recipe for disaster.
And mind you, an affair always comes from the wooing. So it's inappropriate for you to try to draw the line between the two because one is the inevitable result of the other if she persistently continues and doesn't draw that line.

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Nyascobar1414: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2022
All the niggas up there wanna privatise another human's private part...

So pathetic...

Y'all reek of Insecurity...

To the streets they emanate from and to the streets they would go.
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 1:26pm On Jul 09, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
All the niggas up there wanna privatise another human's private part...

So pathetic...

Y'all reek of Insecurity...

To the streets they emanate from and to the streets they would go.
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Coinwarrior: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2022
Silentgroper:

you are not matured as far as woman psychology is concerned.No 2 you don’t have good understanding of what the opp is trying to say.who is talking about insecurities here? Op is talking about current age ladies ills and mentality that made them falleable and you are here talking about insecurities.

2 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Silentgroper(m): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2022
Coinwarrior:
you are not matured as far as woman psychology is concerned.No 2 you don’t have good understanding of what the opp is trying to say.who is talking about insecurities here? Op is talking about current age ladies ills and mentality that made them falleable and you are here talking about insecurities.
Ok.
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Tozic: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
Ladies keep keeping guys in oblivion. cry

The thing is, lady that's going to cheat will still cheat, whether online or offline. No much explanation to that.

If you want a lady who isn't too glued on social media, go with the overly, serious one, who will only strictly use social for promoting her business. Those ones no de send. They chat less, and are opened to business.

3 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Sukkyy2010: 5:41pm On Jul 09, 2022
Olagoods1:
Wahala for who dey take Nigerian girls serious... That's then .. this 2022 only money I dey take serious. I know we are different, I can live without being in any relationship forever I don't care.. I'm happy with my life without them. Though sometimes I used to feel like chatting with girls or having a girlfriend but that shit na scam.They can't date you for friendship just for money and gift. Anytime I feel honey I will just use condom nack runz girl.
Well spoken, only the fact that you patronize community project is what I detest grin

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Olumaeme: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2022
I don't understand.

Some of you people reasoning need to be checked.

Is social media only for dating or finding boyfriend?
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by chymeze: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2022
Olumaeme:
I don't understand.

Okay let's be specific...social media chat platforms such as messenger. And don't tell me that she's constantly and always on the chat platforms chatting with her fellow ladies cos we know that's practically not possible except she's lesbian
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Fiscus105(m): 2:40am On Jul 10, 2022
Olumaeme:
I don't understand.

Oga, let me tell you bitter Truth, any girl/woman or even wife that you always seeing on social media, whre she can chat with variety of people (and mostly it's opposite sex they chat with), there is 99% chances that she is cheating.

Thre is high tendency to fall for guys, when you exposed yourself too much for guys' attentions

1 Like

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Fiscus105(m): 2:53am On Jul 10, 2022
chymeze:

Point is, what is she looking for again chatting with different guys on social media when she already is in a relationship? There is a huge difference between her being wooed spontaneously (maybe if she's walking on the street etc) and her subjecting herself to being wooed and persisting in it when she already has a lover. I mean when she does that, does she really think those guys she chats up are only there for special prayer sessions or what? I mean she already knows that those guys would be after her, so why then deliberately throw herself at them?
And just in case you don't know, it only takes persistent pressure for a lady to fall prey, no matter how good or saintly she is. As long as the pressures keep coming from guys in different angles she'd surely give way. Now I'm not saying she shouldn't communicate with guys. But she ever finds herself in such situation she ought to draw that line or cut off rather than giving them the green light by persistently engaging in communications that could lead to "had I known". To me, it's an instant recipe for disaster.
And mind you, an affair always comes from the wooing. So it's inappropriate for you to try to draw the line between the two because one is the inevitable result of the other if she persistently continues and doesn't draw that line.

You said it all, but for women they are song is nothing will happen, until something happens and fall yakata.

......the only lady which I can't win her heart is the one who doesn't give me opportunity to talk/express my mind....

I have gone down severally with such strong headed girls/women in the past, when they keep giving you opportunities to express yourself, you would be offering them different kind of gifts, money, romantic quotes and admirations, a time would come that her heart would melt for you naturally......when she finally falls , it will be yakata.

Go and near loverboy/playboy and see their tactics.

No be juju o but game !

2 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Fiscus105(m): 2:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Silentgroper:

I laugh in Swahili! Please endeavor to do something for me, when you are together, just tell her to give you her phone without prior information that you want to check her chats.

Make sure you strong to withstand tsunami oooo.

2 Likes

Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Silentgroper(m): 8:34am On Jul 10, 2022
Fiscus105:

I laugh in Swahili! Please endeavor to do something for me, when you are together, just tell her to give you her phone without prior information that you want to check her chats.

Make sure you strong to withstand tsunami oooo.
I got no girl at the momento. tongue
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Stillwhites(m): 9:03am On Jul 10, 2022
It depends, if her work is one that she needs to be online then it's right.But if reversed is the case, then there's a question mark.Being on social media almost all time practically makes her less productive, but this does not justify the conclusion that she's a cheat.
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Justkatty(f): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2022
Nothing person no go read for nairaland smh

So for one to be online 24/7 means the person is cheating wtf

Someone can't be doing online business again because of this gender.
May God help us.
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Ebubu3: 11:49am On Jul 10, 2022
Justkatty:
Nothing person no go read for nairaland smh

So for one to be online 24/7 means the person is cheating wtf

Someone can't be doing online business again because of this gender.
May God help us.
if it is business oriened; a business that requires social media presence that is fine; including ashawo business.
Re: A Girl In A Relationship But Constantly On Social Media by Justkatty(f): 1:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
Ebubu3:
if it is business oriened; a business that requires social media presence that is fine; including ashawo business.
So far it has the word business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have Found The Truth About Our True History! Everything Makes Sense Now. / My Relationship With A Priest. / Why I Don’t Like Nor Rate Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.