Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,337 members, 7,829,857 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea (51020 Views)

Ibrahim Salisu Iriyos Signed For N5,000 By Super Stars Club In Kano / Raheem Sterling Apologises After Bizarre UCL Penalty (Photos) / Raheem Sterling’s Car Collection (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:05am On Jul 10, 2022
Jodano:
Sterling though a good buy but age is not on his side
he has age on his side, he is just 27
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2022
kingmsookwagh:
Mancity be selling their waste to other clubs.

Worst signing to me though..
if you call 131 goals and 97 assist wasted then ok.

2 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

I said it here that tuchel is nothing but a fluke, but my fellow Chelsea fans castigated me. What do we need Sterling for? We don't have a good CB, Midfielders, natural 9 and replacement wing backs, but he rushed to sign a winger he has abundance of. He will still fail this season.
which of your so called wingers scored more goals or provided more assists than sterling in the past six seasons. And you calling tuchel a fluke shows you know nothing about football.
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2022
richmanrichard:
comrade,so you self dey see wetin I dey see? Last season, we the Chelsea fans wanted a striker; Tuchel got us a wrestler a.k.a Okamgba.We are now asking for another 9; he now got us KEKE. I am in Sofia pains!
lukaku was an abramovich signing no tuchel's signing
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:11am On Jul 10, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Chelsea needs a new winger because the ones they have are crap, very unproductive....check Sterlings numbers at city in the last 5 years, even last year that he wasn't a regular, his numbers were pretty decent...Ziyech can go on laon to AC Milan..we will always be talking about Odoi's talent and prospect forever, man is not ready to fulfill anything.... Ziyech, Odoi, Pulisic, Werner all not up to 1, just run around for nothing....Chelsea needs a winger that will score 10 to 15 goals on a regular that will make runs for goals...., there were times we relied so much on goals from people that are not striker to achieve what we achieved over the years from William, Pedro, Joe Cole, Damien duff, steady goals coming from the wings, not all these inconsistent bunch we have, they can't score. They can't win penalties...Sterling will even win u penalties, takes the ball to ur opponent when u need goals, try to commit them.
tell them

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Shyboyk(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

We cannot manage other areas especially the midfield and defence. Defence was the reason we places fourth. And as for a top 9 any one they bring will still fail, because the Chelsea players are all selfish. Lukaku suffered not because he's not good but because majority of the time the selfish players would not pass to him in open space. If its not ziyech trying to score on his own, its pulisic, then the worst is kai havertz. That one would rather die than square pass the ball to you. If not for Mason mount we would not have qualified for UCL

Is it the EPL I watch last season that u watched too bcuz last season lukaku was playing rubbish he taught he was playing with lataro matinez why wingers go dae front and you would be behind and when they play the ball you would be stretching your hand the truth was that in epl they already knew how to mark him
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:13am On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

We cannot manage other areas especially the midfield and defence. Defence was the reason we places fourth. And as for a top 9 any one they bring will still fail, because the Chelsea players are all selfish. Lukaku suffered not because he's not good but because majority of the time the selfish players would not pass to him in open space. If its not ziyech trying to score on his own, its pulisic, then the worst is kai havertz. That one would rather die than square pass the ball to you. If not for Mason mount we would not have qualified for UCL
lukaku failed because of lukaku
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by noble2faith(m): 8:16am On Jul 10, 2022
richmanrichard:
big nyash =big misses.sterling=Werner.why is tuchel getting what he already has? Sterling can run fast but wud equally miss 9chances b4 he scores d 10th [b]1.Chelsea don't even need any winger because they have more than enof.[/b]Tuchel should just get a natural 9.I won't be surprised if he also buys raphinha whom is also a Wenger while Chelsea is lacking a top9.I am starting to believe that Tuchel is cursed of always making wrong signings.Last season; we were praying for haaland but he ended up getting us a boxer.WHO DOES THAT?

E gbo Oro buruku lenu eiye
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:18am On Jul 10, 2022
richmanrichard:
sterling is on the same wavelength as Werner.Werner would score more a city team.
Werner would not get into mancity team.
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:20am On Jul 10, 2022
43Ronin:

Bros do you know how many times we drew from a winning position? Do you know how many points we lost from a winning position. The picture below speaks for itself
do you know how many times Chelsea failed to kill of games by scoring with the chances they create
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Dearlord(m): 8:21am On Jul 10, 2022
Akfrenzy:
grin why is it that CHELSEA has this love for players that have YANSH grin grin

IVANOVICH

LUKAKU

STERLING grin grin

...hmmm so, others are watching football and you are watching players YANSH?
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by oakinshield: 8:23am On Jul 10, 2022
richmanrichard:
a forward is judged by his conversion rate not necessary number of goals.Tammy Abraham scored lots of goals last two seasons for Chelsea and finished among top scorers that season but was still rated low because of his conversion rate.miss 6 chances or 9 b4 scoring 1.sterling played in a city team that creates chances for for but finds it difficult to ever score 20+ goals in leaque a season. Remind me how many goals he average at Liverpool b4 switching to city
yet he has 131 goals and 97 assist for city
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by william944: 8:43am On Jul 10, 2022
I no really like his style..I wonder why Chelsea didn’t sign Mane..I no really like his style..I wonder why Chelsea didn’t sign Mane.....
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 8:51am On Jul 10, 2022
oakinshield:
yet he has 131 goals and 97 assist for city
yet city fans hates him.why?
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Legendrysailor(m): 8:53am On Jul 10, 2022
Akfrenzy:
grin why is it that CHELSEA has this love for players that have YANSH grin grin

IVANOVICH

LUKAKU

STERLING grin grin

U forgot to add Eden hazard
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Ezmans: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2022
Arysexy:
This guy can run pass ball, while pushing chest forward and his big nyash dragging him back.

Don't know him and Ahmed Musa who run faster than the ball
nairaland is too funny

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 8:57am On Jul 10, 2022
oakinshield:
Werner would not get into mancity team.
now yes but b4 he joined Chelsea; he would have literary walked into city's team.for your info, city+Liverpool+Chelsea pursued his signature b4 he choose Chelsea.just like jorgingho; then he could have walked into city's 1st eleven before he joined Chelsea but now he would only sit on their bench because he had shown his true colours
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:57am On Jul 10, 2022
oakinshield:
if you call 131 goals and 97 assist wasted then ok.
Na history go play this season ahbi?
If history works, Man utd would have gone to the champions league.

If you like, no dey use your head think.
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 8:59am On Jul 10, 2022
GreatVocalist:

I can see a number of people kicking against his signing, calling him a flop. That's a clear indication of being written off. Sterling is a needed player down that flank. A player like him is needed as much as a striker and replacement defender. His presence will give us a little feel of Hazad's presence that we've missed, other players deployed for that role have lived below expectations, so this is a good buy.
hazard's feeling! Hahaha.I laff in Chinese language
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Broveens42(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2022
william944:
I no really like his style..I wonder why Chelsea didn’t sign Mane..I no really like his style..I wonder why Chelsea didn’t sign Mane.....

Sterling is a great player. He is not only a goal threat but also a presser. He breaks play like a pro DMF. Chelsea will now have not less than 4 players with great work rate in N.kante, mount, James and now Sterling.

It's bad news for our rivals, especially Liverpool. You see all those matches we would have won Liverpool at open play?
This time around, chances will be taken before the 80th minute mark.
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 9:01am On Jul 10, 2022
BENEAMATA:
comparison is a sort of measurement .you said he is too sluggish for premiership , so i mentioned three premiership household names he is faster than even if sluggishness here means more than pace . Yes kanu and berbatov has more poise and ball retention skills , but less skillful forwards than sadiq has had their glorious days in the premiership so talk of him not cutting it in the prem is speculative at best .
goodluck to him oh but if I was his agent; I would never allow him go to england.Spain n Italy suits his game.EPL is suicide.
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 9:06am On Jul 10, 2022
abbey621:

It doesn't matter what Chelsea needs the most, what matters is what we can get.....Hope say una dey study the gtransfer market, when it comes to Chelsea if e never pass 70 million, nobody wants to sell to us. So let's celebrate the little we get and hope by the time the transfer market closes, Father Boehly comes through grin grin grin
at least Chelsea still gets players cheaper than many big clubs like man u,man city,PSG,barca n real; so that's no excuse.Boehly has all the signs of Wenger(stingyness) written on his face. The future with that man& his other co owners are not bright atall

2 Likes

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Broveens42(m): 9:07am On Jul 10, 2022
Shyboyk:

Is it the EPL I watch last season that u watched too bcuz last season lukaku was playing rubbish he taught he was playing with lataro matinez why wingers go dae front and you would be behind and when they play the ball you would be stretching your hand the truth was that in epl they already knew how to mark him

Lukaku plays like an armature. How can you anticipate pass while relaxing on a defender. It is quite different from when a defender rushes you from behind as the ball is being passed.

You step out , pick the ball, release, move to the right or left when the center is crowded. That guy needs to watch drogba or Costa's clips since he claims a traditional 9

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Shyboyk(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2022
Broveens42:

Lukaku plays like an armature. How can you anticipate pass while relaxing on a defender. It is quite different from when a defender rushes you from behind as the ball is being passed.

You step out , pick the ball, release, move to the right or left when the center is crowded. That guy needs to watch drogba or Costa's clips since he claims He is a 9

Exactly
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 9:13am On Jul 10, 2022
oakinshield:
lukaku was an abramovich signing no tuchel's signing
you can say Czech& that woman's signing. Abrahimovich has hands-off interfering in transfers since 2012
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Broveens42(m): 9:15am On Jul 10, 2022
Shyboyk:

Exactly

As it stands, Chelsea don't need a traditional Nine. I laugh when people say we don't need wingers. We do need productive wingers because we are unpredictable like that.
Just ordinary wing banks in chilwell and James were causing harvorc before the unfortunate injury.
Chelsea need one more deadly winger in case of injury.. and a defender, they are good to go
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Broveens42(m): 9:18am On Jul 10, 2022
richmanrichard:
at least Chelsea still gets players cheaper than many big clubs like man u,man city,PSG,barca n real; so that's no excuse.Boehly has all the signs of Wenger(stingyness) written on his face. The future with that man& his other co owners are not bright atall

Lol. You guys overthink too much. Chelsea has always been known for signing @ deadline or near deadline. What's the noise about?
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2022
GreatVocalist:

How could you also forget Hazard?

God bless u.. with thick nyansh..

Even Gallas
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by akeeng: 9:19am On Jul 10, 2022
Arysexy:
This guy can run pass ball, while pushing chest forward and his big nyash dragging him back.

Don't know him and Ahmed Musa who run faster than the ball
Pius Ikedia na their mentor

1 Like

Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by rickleye: 9:22am On Jul 10, 2022
Wanbissaka:
45 million euros wasted

Na your money ?
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by Broveens42(m): 9:23am On Jul 10, 2022
oakinshield:
which of your so called wingers scored more goals or provided more assists than sterling in the past six seasons. And you calling tuchel a fluke shows you know nothing about football.

People calling Sterling's signing a fluke, are unsettled rival fans. By the time we add Frenkie de jong to the mix, they will start shouting we don't need MF! we don't need MF ! What we need is defence grin

#you can never win a league without pressers
Re: Raheem Sterling Signed For Chelsea by richmanrichard: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol. You guys overthink too much. Chelsea has always been known for signing @ deadline or near deadline. What's the noise about?
well I don't really put all the blames on the Chelsea's boards. Part of d blame should also go to Lakaka. Chelsea wanted to still retain him for next season but he handed in a transfer request but Chelsea declined and both party finally settled on loan. Lakaka number of goals was not too poor considering his number of appearances but his attitude was very poor. He would have scored more if he worked a little harder.Lakaka delayed Chelsea transfer business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Footballers With Funny Names / Samuel Chukwueze And His Mother On A Boat Cruise (Photos) / Five Female Footballers Who Removed Their Jerseys To Celebrate A Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.