Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,668 members, 7,851,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team (45547 Views)

Maduka Picks Obi Kenneth Ifeatu As His Running Mate (Pictures) / Edo North Youths Reject Ize-Iyamu, As Gani Audu, His Running Mate Escapes / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Kzinne: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:

1. The North is where the APC votes are. And those votes are in the Muslim majority states In 2015, APC won almost all the 19 states in the North (except Nasarawa, Plateau and Taraba) while it lost almost all the 17 states of the South, except for five states in the
Southwest (lost only Ekiti to PDP). Again, in 2019, Buhari/APC scored only 4/177 in the South. That was a dismal
performance. APC/Buhari lost the two states it won in 2015 Ondo and Oyo. Lost the latter by only 1,461 votes.
Also, except for Niger and Kwara states in NC, all the states in the North that supported

Tinubu in the primary election are in the NW and NE-al of them Muslim majority states.

2. All the governors from the North who
supported him are Muslims.

While CAN's purpose is to have a balance, Tinubu's purpose is to win. So you know the direction he's going to go.
Of course, it's said that the only thing you can guarantee about a prediction is that it can be wrong. So let me attach a numerical value to the prediction: 80% certainty.

APC could do that's well cos Buhari was the candidate. Now no Buhari factor any longer. Now you have a corrupt southerner facing a former northern VP who is also very popular in the north himself. Coupled with Kwakwanso spoiling North West votes
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by saintkeppy(m): 10:33am On Jul 10, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Go and verify Nwanne. Obituary is a born tribal biggot. Obituary is an IPOB project. And as such, I'm sure you yourself know that an IPOB cannot be president in the zoo.

You're using this your NigeriaIsGreat moniker &be posting rubbish all over Nairaland Forum,
Emancipate yourself from this mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Can’t you read in between the lines? It is Shettima that was allegedly chosen.
they said it was Zulum and Shettima too. They don't know anything. I was just saying I hope it's not El Rufai in the end
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Angelfrost(m): 10:35am On Jul 10, 2022
Tomilola360:

If this elections was a xtian vs muslim thing. You have lost out already. Dont be unfortunate

Atiku is a Muslim, and has a Christian running mate... Or y'all think this is solely about 2 Southerners running?!!

Nigeria is at a very delicate balance ethnically and religiously... Every smart politician knows there will be no stability when a major religion is disregarded or misrepresented! Even Muslims that I know very well will burn the nation if two Christians get to Aso Rock!

I sense the Political Northerners have already mentally left APC for Tinubu but haven't come out to say it yet!

Haven't you wondered why PDP and Atiku have been in the shadows observing closely! They did their primaries, picked a running mate, and sat back to enjoy the show!
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by NigeriaIsGreat: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2022
saintkeppy:

You're using this your NigeriaIsGreat moniker &be posting rubbish all over Nairaland Forum,
Emancipate yourself from this mental slavery
An IPOB cannot be president in the ZOO cheesy
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Tflex01: 10:35am On Jul 10, 2022
vicdom:

You are delusional. Let Tinubu go and pick Elrufai and see how the chances of Christians voting him will diminish drastically.

Stop mistaking me for your father.
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Voiceofthestree: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2022
Kagd10:

All these are Tinubu's achievements I repeat.

Now list Peter Obi's achievement if he's got any.

And it's "dumb", not dump.

You're welcome.

I am not a supporter of Peter Obi ok, I am a Yoruba man from Lagos state I be confirm Awori ok..... All of you shouting Tinubu there don’t know anything. Nothing good can come out from Tinubu nothing good can come out of APC if no devil deh control you everything that as been happening in Nigeria since 2015 you still deh shout Vote for Tinubu can you see that your mumu never do suffer no deh tire you ?? I just ask a question ooo suffer no deh tire you or 30k monthly make you lose you sense?. What can that 30k even buy for market bag of rice is 36k in 2015 a bag of rice is 8,500 do you know that ??. Why can’t people just think why can’t people just use there sense for once. I was there at APC rally in Ibadan 2015 I can quote everything Tinubu said when he raise Buhari hand up he was suppose to come out and apologise to Nigeria not to come out to campaign for he was among the people that brought us here. And he will only add to the problem Mark my words
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Angelfrost(m): 10:37am On Jul 10, 2022
Spirit04:
they said it was Zulum and Shettima too. They don't know anything. I was just saying I hope it's not El Rufai in the end

It won't matter.... Atiku and PDP will love this! grin
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 10, 2022
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by sotall(m): 10:39am On Jul 10, 2022
Tflex01:

I can't say much about the North, but anybody that tell you that Muslim-Muslim ticket will reduce Tinubu's chances in the South West is just being clownish. Tinubu has the Christians on lockdown here.

Seriously?

Which of the Southwest Christians?

Winners Chapel

RCCG

Deeper life

MFM

Or which other denomination?

Currently all these churches are mobilizing their members for PVC and guess what they have been preaching about islamazation of Nigeria.

You dont know whats going on.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by brosom(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2022
nameo:

That is the key phrase: it is a test run.

Just look at Kaduna, APC is presenting another Muslim-muslim ticket again in the next election.

They tried it in 2019, and it worked(i.e they won the elections). This is what is going to continue in Kaduna(at least that is the plan). The very large christain indigenous population in Kaduna south have been finally "conquered".

Again, a test run.

What happened to Christains and southerner under Buhari would be a childs play
glad I'm not the only who had observed it.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Kyase(m): 10:41am On Jul 10, 2022
fergie001:
Hahahahahahahaha
i just Dey observe boss
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Kagd10: 10:41am On Jul 10, 2022
Harmlesspill:

You mean achievement that he couldn't even build common drainage

Like Peter Obi's Anambra?

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Addme: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2022
VoteObi2023:

Read to understand.

Why should Hausas in NW vote for a VP candidate from NE when they can get more than that by voting for a presidential candidate from the same region.

Shettima and Atiku are both from NE. So why should they vote for VP when they can get the president with Atiku.

It doesn't make sense.

Why should NW vote for a NE VP when they can get the president with Atiku?
You see that you are contradicting yourself now..
The second bolded is your comment and I ask, how would NW get the president with Atiku?
Or you meant "Why should North vote for a VP when they can get the president with Atiku"?
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Rooomage: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2022
GboyegaD:
If this is true, any reasonable person shouldn't support Tinubu. If he can't find a competent Christian from the North, he isn't worth it as it is an indication ahead of time that he cannot be fair.

I'm sure a choice of Masari as a placeholder was to test the waters and he's observed that many acted like they don't care and had given him the audacity to actually play the card.

One thing I think is he has allowed himself to be played by the North. They have successfully divided his vote in the Southwest which is their agenda to support their own indirectly.

If only you can think deeply above religious sentiments that is when you can understand why he picked a muslim running mate.

Consider below questions if it will help you:

1. What is the fear of having muslim - muslim ticket? Islamisation of Nigeria? If yes, do you think this is even possible?
2. What did the Christians benefit specifically when Obasanjo (a Christian) was the president?
3. What have we Christians benefited or currently benefiting as we have a VP Christian in person of Osinbajo? He is even a senior pentecostal pastor.
4. When did Sharia system start in Nigeria and who was the president at that time?
5. Who was the president when Boko Haram started?

Let us do away with primordial sentiments and vote people with records of achievements. People with ideas and competence that can lift us up from where we are now. I am not talking of the one doing radio & tv talk shows with lies and voodoo statistics and "I will do this, I will do that". He was governor for 8 years but cannot mention an undisputed and verifiable records of achievement.

Before you start to think I am biased, let me make it clear that I am a Christian.
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Kagd10: 10:43am On Jul 10, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

I am not a supporter of Peter Obi ok, I am a Yoruba man from Lagos state I be confirm Awori ok..... All of you shouting Tinubu there don’t know anything. Nothing good can come out from Tinubu nothing good can come out of APC if no devil deh control you everything that as been happening in Nigeria since 2015 you still deh shout Vote for Tinubu can you see that your mumu never do suffer no deh tire you ?? I just ask a question ooo suffer no deh tire you or 30k monthly make you lose you sense?. What can that 30k even buy for market bag of rice is 36k in 2015 a bag of rice is 8,500 do you know that ??. Why can’t people just think why can’t people just use there sense for once. I was there at APC rally in Ibadan 2015 I can quote everything Tinubu said when he raise Buhari hand up he was suppose to come out and apologise to Nigeria not to come out to campaign for he was among the people that brought us here. And he will only add to the problem Mark my words

Says Him Tu lie disciples who lie shamelessly like their principal.

Meanwhile, your brain should tell you Tinubu isn't your current president.

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Naijamallam: 10:45am On Jul 10, 2022
It's the audacity for me
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by newnigerdelta1: 10:46am On Jul 10, 2022
Shut up bad Belle,Just as Devil has baptized you also....owner go dey form saints for social media,but your stinky bedroom is on fire....
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Vistra40: 10:48am On Jul 10, 2022
Ibkhaleel01:

1. The North is where the APC votes are. And those votes are in the Muslim majority states In 2015, APC won almost all the 19 states in the North (except Nasarawa, Plateau and Taraba) while it lost almost all the 17 states of the South, except for five states in the
Southwest (lost only Ekiti to PDP). Again, in 2019, Buhari/APC scored only 4/177 in the South. That was a dismal
performance. APC/Buhari lost the two states it won in 2015 Ondo and Oyo. Lost the latter by only 1,461 votes.
Also, except for Niger and Kwara states in NC, all the states in the North that supported

Tinubu in the primary election are in the NW and NE-al of them Muslim majority states.

2. All the governors from the North who
supported him are Muslims.

While CAN's purpose is to have a balance, Tinubu's purpose is to win. So you know the direction he's going to go.
Of course, it's said that the only thing you can guarantee about a prediction is that it can be wrong. So let me attach a numerical value to the prediction: 80% certainty.

So whipping up religious sentiments and not by your manifesto is the best way to win an election?
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Voiceofthestree: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2022
Kagd10:

Says Him Tu lie disciples who lie shamelessly like their principal.

Meanwhile, your brain should tell you Tinubu isn't your current president.

You be odeee zoombie is Tinubu not APC Awon weere emi lo kan people. Lolz Nigeria is not your property we have try PDP we have also try APC and now we move already to the next if nah same we proceed to the next simple as that quote me I get your time. Anybody that want APC bloodsucking party 2023 God will never let them see the 2023 people are tired of suffering if you and your family are not tired then go and vote for them stop campaigning for Anyone here oloriburuku awon set awa lo kan
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by aydelicious: 10:50am On Jul 10, 2022
We are all looking...
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Agadinaagwuofe: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2022
GboyegaD:

If he emerges from a few and fair election, good; it will only tell anyone that Nigerians have chosen not to love/ value their lives.

Anyways, it's s matter of months away and I pray God spare our lives to witness the outcome of the elections.

I wonder what type of reasoning this is. If the kidnap is your justification and you are truly a Christian in Nigeria, you can continue to defend him. It is a matter of time and we all will be served our rightful breakfast based by our choices.

It is an exercise in futility when you try engaging people online because most are either pushing agenda or trying to earn their pay so don't even bat an eyelid on online supporters. Go out and assess response NO CHRISTIAN will be happy about a Muslim/Muslim ticket not after the massacres that has actually become the hallmarks of Buhari tenure. Forget all these I am Redeemer, I am Anglican it doesn't matter, THAT IS AN UTTER RUBBISH! What this shows is that the masses are not in the plan because it is clear that the plan is politically motivated and many Christians will like to make statement with this. If this is allowed to see the light of the day then who will now tell northerners after 8 years not to run again on Muslim/Muslim, you see the danger it portends, it means the antecedents has been set and it will be hard for Christians voice to be heard.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by shinealight(m): 10:54am On Jul 10, 2022
kenedy175:
As earlier predicted, Tinubu will likely choose Shettima.

This may gain him some popularity in the NE, but won't stop Atiku from winning the NE handsomely.

The emergence of Tinubu as flag bearer of APC put them in this difficult situation. A Muslim/Muslim ticket will do a lot of damage to him

The Muslim/Muslim ticket will even help him more….just as it helped Abiola/Kingibe.
Keep watching so you don’t miss the action….it’ll be like abracadabra when it happens! grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Tomilola360: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Atiku is a Muslim, and has a Christian running mate... Or y'all think this is solely about 2 Southerners running?!!

Nigeria is at a very delicate balance ethnically and religiously... Every smart politician knows there will be no stability when a major religion is disregarded or misrepresented! Even Muslims that I know very well will burn the nation if two Christians get to Aso Rock!

I sense the Political Northerners have already mentally left APC for Tinubu but haven't come out to say it yet!

Haven't you wondered why PDP and Atiku have been in the shadows observing closely! They did their primaries, picked a running mate, and sat back to enjoy the show!

Atiku is the only sensible option
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Kagd10: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2022
Voiceofthestree:

You be odeee zoombie is Tinubu not APC Awon weere emi lo kan people. Lolz Nigeria is not your property we have try PDP we have also try APC and now we move already to the next if nah same we proceed to the next simple as that quote me I get your time. Anybody that want APC bloodsucking party 2023 God will never let them see the 2023 people are tired of suffering if you and your family are not tired then go and vote for them stop campaigning for Anyone here oloriburuku awon set awa lo kan

Noisemakers who want to impose Pandora Peter Obi without achievement on us. You must be having a laugh. You haven't wailed yet.
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Echoban: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2022
Sweetplum:
We know it's El-Rufai

Is El-rufai a former Governor?
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by olacio: 10:58am On Jul 10, 2022
[quote author=SadiqBabaSani post=114586807]We wait for him

I am glad Tinubu Dared all Nigerian Christians.

His candidature was a flawed one bur because of his greed Mr Agbado and Cassava refused to allow a more competent Osibanjo or Amaechi believing that he can buy his way through everything, now the battle line is drawn between Tinubu and all Nigerian Christians whom Tinubu holds in high contempt.

Even if he picks Rev Father, Christians still won't vote him. Atiku and Kwankwaso has a Christian VP, will Christians Vote them
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Voiceofthestree: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2022
Kagd10:

Noisemakers who want to impose Pandora Peter Obi without achievement on us. You must be having a laugh. You haven't wail yet.

Lol aren’t you ashamed?. Are you talking about achievements...... Yes I see Tinubu achievement before he was nobody then after senator and Lagos governor he become a billionaire that bullion’s van now pack in his garage and 10% of Lagos tax goes to his company Alhpa bet month that’s a good achievement. Emi Lo kan
Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by Omodua(m): 11:00am On Jul 10, 2022
vicdom:
With Shettima, Tinubu's chance of emergence has risen and coast is clear for his winning.

Garfield1 Fergie001 Kyase
Lies!Tinubu is doomed with his Muslim/Muslim ticket.
Mark my words!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Has Chosen His Running Mate – Campaign Team by just2endowed: 11:01am On Jul 10, 2022
vicdom:
Tinubu is wise to have chosen Shettima. That bespectacled pygmy with baggage of Islamic fundamentalism would have marred his chances.

Tinubu can't choose El rufai na... Shettima is better than a fundamentalist that his view are mostly extreme.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Joe Igbokwe: Tinubu Will Win In 14 States / Student Loan: Nigeria Students On Thank You Visit To President Bola Tinubu / Senator Smart Adeyemi Attacked In Kogi During Bye Election (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.