Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate (60370 Views)

Inauguration Of Tinubu & Shettima As President Of Nigeria, Vice (Live Update) / Kashim Shettima Confirmed As Tinubu’s Running Mate - Vanguard / Peter Obi Hugs Atiku Abubakar After Being Selected As His Running Mate. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Vistra40: 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Probably. Like I said...LP and APC are most likley to split the Southern vote. But PDP still has a lot of support in the South..and people may vote for a PDP they know...than a LP they do not know (Yes, LP has won elections in Ondo...but that was because PDP and APC were divided..and anyways, APC took over once Mimiko left.).

LP in my opinion has a lot of work to do. Ekiti election was a mess for the party...if it is hoping to win southern votes. It came tenth, and even came in behind SDP...which has less visibility than it does. For now, APC and PDP are the leading parties in the South..with PDP leading in the SE, SS, APC in the SW.

Of course, there is the Wike factor....PDP up till now does not know how to placate him.

Did you really expect people to have voted for LP in ekiti governorship? Probably you are one of those with the mentality of voting party abi “party is supreme”. The motivating factor is the candidacy of Peter obi and not the Labour Party. So it’s wrong believing LP ought to have won ekiti state

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by shinealight(m): 6:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
blaise26abj:

Without the south , the North wins nothing . This ticket is terrible . APC has no plan to play fair in the forthcoming elections . They will rig , use federal might to intimidate , assassinate any strong opposition . They didn’t just come up with that man . They have done their maths . Where they will win . Then where they have to rig

The Muslim/Muslim ticket will even help him more….just as it helped Abiola/Kingibe.
Keep watching so you don’t miss the action….it’ll be like abracadabra when it happens! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Angelfrost(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2022
Cromagnon:
the north will never Vote for a christian northerner

Okay... Time will tell.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Instead of people that want Tinubu to lose the 2023 election to be happy about this news they are crying....who does that?

Even Tinubu like let him pick Lucifer as his running mate I will still vote for him.

grin grin grin

Weyrey, read again. They are actually very happy. Tinubu just shot himself in the foot by thinking Christians are fools.

He'll be the president of Iragbiji Town Union in 2023 Insha Allah. Amin.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by faceland: 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2022
Tinubu should go and play with his grand- children. Useless.
He wants to marginalize us. If you tolerate this, it would be the being of the end of Christians at the Federal Level, the next level would be fulani/fulani ticket.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by mullerman: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2022
What a shame for Apc
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by faceland: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2022
shinealight:

The Muslim/Muslim ticket will even help him more….just as it helped Abiola/Kingibe.
Keep watching so you don’t miss the action….it’ll be like abracadabra when it happens! grin grin grin

Back then, I never in my life, hear any adult talk about the religion of the running mate... Today, it is a big deal.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Aramara1: 6:53pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:
At the end of the day the North still wins.

If not, why can't we have an SS and SS ticket?
Or SE and SE, or SW and SW?

It's because without the North, you can't win nothing

You and stvpidity shaa.

Can the North win without the South?
Why not NW and NW or NE and NE?
Stop spewing trash
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Bhol28: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Mere Political Calculation. Left for the people to decide.But the Calculation is that Obi will break up Atiku and Pdp's usual massive votes in SE and SS.SW will give Apc their usual 60% of votes.PDP ,APC and ANPP will share the northern votes as usual.Tinubu have no choice than picking a nothern running mate to stand any chance because SS and especially SE is no hope for APC as usual.To me none of all these candidates is reliable because they are all usual Naija politicians.God can only help by letting the one HE can easily touch his heart win

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by faceland: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2022
Zelenskyy:
Tinubu and Stupidity = Bread and Akara

Because the Ugly Notorious Drug Baron felt so insecure as an Inferior Muslim, he had to pick a Boko Haram Sympathizer as his running mate to prove a point to his Fulani masters that he is still willing to Lick their ass...

Nigerians will teach this useless APC party and their flag bearer a Serious lesson in 7 months Time.

Christians everywhere must wake up and smell the Islamization bread that the APC is baking....

Well meaning Nigerians are saying no to a Muslim-Muslim Ticket.

He surrounds himself with those who depends on him financially so they can't tell him the truth. If these two reach Aso Rock, we are finished. They wouldn't allow a Christian into Aso Rock again. Some of these stupid pastors that are buying private jets and ugly designers cloths better start buying us weapons because the violence would reach the doorstep of their churches because the terrorist would be more confident.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 10, 2022
Vistra40:

Did you really expect people to have voted for LP in ekiti governorship? Probably you are one of those with the mentality of voting party abi “party is supreme”. The motivating factor is the candidacy of Peter obi and not the Labour Party. So it’s wrong believing LP ought to have won ekiti state

Well, I was not expecting LP to win in Ekiti...that would have been a dream too far...but my point ultimately is their performance in Ekiti shows that they have a lot of work to do.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Franking: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:
Malam Shettima or Pastor Shettima

Considering the religious diversity in my family - it's a Win-win.

Yoruba lọ́kàn
Southwest to Aso rock

How's it Yoruba's turn? OBJ spent eight years as President. Osinbajo eight years as Vice president and u still claim it's Yoruba's turn?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
naija4life247:

Mental Health should be taken serious in Nigeria. This poster is definitely suffering from psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

Tinubu is the god of Nigeria's South Western politics, he and his boys have won 98% of all the elections they contested from 1999 till date. No human or spirit in Nigeria has that record

Stop spewing lies while trying to arrogate importance to Tinubu. Lastly, your statistics is very wrong. Please correct it.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by kilonshele101(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2022
Franking:

How's it Yoruba's turn? OBJ spent eight years as President. Osinbajo eight years as Vice president and u still claim it's Yoruba's turn?

Okay, it's your turn.

But I'm voting tinubu
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by faceland: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:
At the end of the day the North still wins.

If not, why can't we have an SS and SS ticket?
Or SE and SE, or SW and SW?

It's because without the North, you can't win nothing

My brother all these democracy are a concept, it is imaginary. There is no power without our consent.

I just pray Dokubo regains his senses and just release weapons. They don't need to fight, just release weapons to those that has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by ayo2008: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
kilonshele101:

The bolded shows you are not from southwest as you claimed.

As diverse as the southwest is, 85% of our governors are Christians, we've had Christian-Christians governorship tickets in the past and they were voted in, last Ekiti state election is an example. As a matter of fact, in this same diverse south west, PDP is currently flying a Christian-Christian ticket in Osun state and no south western is calling it 'insensitive'. Insensitivity is telling us not to vote for a 'Yoruba Muslims' as you people always call them, despite them tolerating the above.

My dear, if this same Muslim tinubu could give a Christian Osinbajo and other 'Yoruba Christians' a political essence, Telling Christians to vote against Muslim tinubu is insensitive.

Be proud of your tribe my brother

Yoruba lọ́kàn

Am an Ekiti man so I dnt need you to believe the region I am from..am not clouded by those premodial sentiments of southwest lokan or Yoruba lokan.
President Buhari is from the north has it reduced the spate of insecurity in the north? When GEJ was the president, did the Niger Delta people enjoyed the region better. Better jettison that your chanting of Yoruba lokan and seek for a leader that can fix this nation ASAP.

N:B: Doubt you read what I posted earlier very well. Pls read again
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by mema900: 6:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Compliant:
PDP JUST GOT THE UPPER HAND

You mean Labour Party?
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by DOD88: 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
Bad and wrong choice, what a historic mistake
Who told you told that. You no sabi politics. The best choice so far. Go and learn, we know you enemies.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Zelenskyy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2022
faceland:

He surrounds himself with those who depends on him financially so they can't tell him the truth. If these tow reach Aso Rock, we are finished. They would allow a Christian into Aso Rock. Some of these stupied pastors that are buying private jets and ugly designers cloths better start buying us weapons because the vilence would reach the doorstep of their churches because the terrorist would be more confident.

Exactly....

That is why I am still shocked that the Redeemed Christian Church of God has not come out openly to say no to a Muslim-Muslim Ticket....

They should not leave the talking for PFN or CAN alone.

Daddy G.O should make a bold statement and condemn this Evil........ Regardless of whether tinubu's wife is a Political Pastor in RCCG.

The RCCG should come out and kick against this Evil plans of the APC party.

It is now official, ..... APC is an Islamic party and their Islamization agenda would gain ground if individual pastors don't cry out about this Evil Party and their Presidential candidate.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by AntiWailer: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
excel127:
Tinubu is finished.
Celebrate the finishing and go do something productive with ur life till 2023
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by marsman: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Perfect choice as far his opponents are concerned!

PDP is already rejoicing!

I am very much interested in the yarn they will spin to Christian voters across the nation!

You can't tell me religion doesn't matter when these same Muslims stone people to death at the slightest opportunity!

Maybe Nigerian has become an Islamic nation without us knowing about it.
Its a matter of numbers, he has the southwest on lockdown. And the now 70% of the north with this choice.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Mina79(f): 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2022
Are you sure Tinubu knows what he's doing?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by HIPROFILE(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2022
The North knows exactly what they are doing They are going to vote Atiku and have power returned back to them…Atiku won last election but Buhari was announced he wanted to drag it in the court but the northern elders called him to order hence a promise to ensure he gets back power after Buhari that is why we are seeing all this games being unfolded.

However e pains me that every now and then the southwest would claim they are too smart in politics only for their political grand master to play into the plan of the North.

Its a pity the southerners can not just unit in politics hence the reason the Northerners are having a field day in our national politics.

The north knows how to play the politics no doubt but they have terrible leaders who does not have the interest of the One Nigerian Project at heart.

Peter Obi - Baba Ahmed is the Answer right now!

All will surely play out in favour of Labour Party.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Femabol01: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

Keep your choice to yourself and don't come to the public domain and anger peoples' emotions....it will get to a time when you will be receiving slap outside because of your dumb choice....!
The public domain is for only you and your family? Who told you that your own selfish choice will transform Nigeria? Are you not one of those ignoramuses that voted Buhari? Go and vench your anger on who you voted for, not me. Be guided.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by marsman: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Zelenskyy:
Tinubu and Stupidity = Bread and Akara

Because the Ugly Notorious Drug Baron felt so insecure as an Inferior Muslim, he had to pick a Boko Haram Sympathizer as his running mate to prove a point to his Fulani masters that he is still willing to Lick their ass...

Nigerians will teach this useless APC party and their flag bearer a Serious lesson in 7 months Time.

Christians everywhere must wake up and smell the Islamization bread that the APC is baking....

Well meaning Nigerians are saying no to a Muslim-Muslim Ticket.

When fools talk its better you Ignore. But let me correct you this one time.

Shetimmah is Kanuri not Fulani.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Vistra40: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Subsidywise20:

Well, I was not expecting LP to win in Ekiti...that would have been a dream too far...but my point ultimately is their performance in Ekiti shows that they have a lot of work to do.

Trust me, LP isn’t resting on their oars. Thankfully, this isn’t like in the past when candidates emerge just four months to elections. It’s seven months away from now.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Raph82(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2022
Immanuelsnr:

On tinubu preek I stand grin
Guy u go fall yakata, Im preek no dey stand again fah.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by LongBig(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:

People who were never going to vote for APC are the most pressed about the religious bent of APC's ticket. Your statement won’t deterred us!!
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2022
kramer:

Actually the joke is on SE who have never managed to elect a president or VP. The north have consistently had a representative as VP or president

grin grin grin

This is the kind of illiterates we have roaming Nairaland and spewing trash. When someone like you is corrected, you bark like a rabid-infested little dog.

Who was Alex Ekwueme in Nigeria? I know you don't read but listen to Agbado lies spewed on the radio. Continue abeg.
Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by Zelenskyy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
marsman:

Its a matter of numbers, he has the southwest on lockdown. And the now 70% of the north with this choice.

Are you the one that gave him the Padlock to lockdown the South West ?

You must be Joking...

Tinubu just lost the vote of Majority of Southwestern Christians.

Or Something is deceiving you that Muslims are majority in the South West ?

You better wake up from that sleep.

The Church of Jesus that has major headquarters in the South West would kick against this Evil that the APC want to unleash on the church.

A Muslim-Muslim Ticket is a Big Slap on the face of Christians. Especially to those of them in the South West and Tinubu would pay dearly for this mistake

Re: Tinubu Confirms Kashim Shettima As His Running Mate by PigTormentor: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2022
God1000:
That's your next President.
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Deal with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Declare Atiku Winner Now - PDP Tells INEC / Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / DSS Had Knowledge Of An Impending Attack On MKO Abiola Stadium - David Hundeyin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.