Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions (11097 Views)

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE... / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2022
MadarasBlade:

Honestly i don't understand, if you're not talking about coding and shit just stfu.

Are you currently talking about coding? The guy i referred to was he talking about coding?
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by MadarasBlade(m): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

Are you currently talking about coding? The guy i referred to was he talking about coding?

i was referring to you.

Stop derailing this thread, thanks.

Please delete these comments @ admin, even mine.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 11:26am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

You are the One promoting nonsense.

Why didn't you stop that guy from denigrating the country in the name of leaving it?
He is free to go but must he insult the country.

He said he doesn't pay taxes, the country he wants to run to do their own citizens not pay Taxes even if it is being looted
which one is worse than being happy you don't pay your fair share? So those who pay taxes in Nigeria are fools ?.

A Wild animal in Africa is a wild animal in Europe.

--- The End ---

A wild animal in Europe is well fed by humans. A wild one in Africa is food for humans.

I'm neither for nor against Tensa's string opinions about Nigeria. But this isn't a thread about that. And you picking up his strong dislike about paying tax and making it a topic was kind of out of line. We all don't have to love Nigeria. Or hate it. I no dey pay shishi tax. Government have not done anything with the one I paid. Make dem hold dem self laidat

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:29am On Jul 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

A wild animal in Europe is well fed by humans. A wild one in Africa is food for humans.

I'm neither for nor against Tensa's string opinions about Nigeria. But this isn't a thread about that. And you picking up his strong dislike about paying tax and making it a topic was kind of out of line. We all don't have to love Nigeria. Or hate it. I no dey pay shishi tax. Government have not done anything with the one I paid. Make dem hold dem self laidat

You missed the point of my statement don't take everything you see literally.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

You are the One promoting nonsense.

Why didn't you stop that guy from denigrating the country in the name of leaving it?
He is free to go but must he insult the country.

He said he doesn't pay taxes, the country he wants to run to do their own citizens not pay Taxes even if it is being looted
which one is worse than being happy you don't pay your fair share? So those who pay taxes in Nigeria are fools ?.

A Wild animal in Africa is a wild animal in Europe.

--- The End ---
This isn't the place.

If you have a problem with him, take it up with him in another thread

It's that simple... THIS ISN'T THE PLACE

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 11:40am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

Only to destroy another man's country with your mentality? So when things are turning sour there you'll just find another stone to hide under?

I hear you.

you do know African diasporans are still the major reasons why we have a supply of dollars. I don't blame you for being patriotic but we are fed up, maybe you people can change things, while we just send money back home.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 11:43am On Jul 14, 2022
@DrLevi

I found this site visa DOT Db DOT io

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 14, 2022
Everyone should feel free to DM whoever annoys them or quote them on another thread but I expect we are all mature enough to read the rules in the first page.

The thread is barely 3 pages long and Nigerians are Nigerian-ing again... smh

Please create a thread about patriotism if you're patriotic
And create another about taxes if you pay taxes

mention whoever you want there and iron things out

but do not derail the thread. Keep the discussion about the topic

I dey beg una, make everybody respect themselves and each other. THIS IS SO NOT THE PLACE!

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 11:47am On Jul 14, 2022
That site shows all the country you can relocate to and their requirements

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by YoshihideSuga: 11:49am On Jul 14, 2022
Think4Myself:

Your behaviour towards your country is pathetic, didn't they teach you patriotism in social studies

Why should a Nigerian be patriotic?

I'm genuinely curious.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:49am On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

This isn't the place.

If you have a problem with him, take it up with him in another thread

It's that simple... THIS ISN'T THE PLACE

My only post before he posted what he said was about jobs. Tell him to keep his posts in line with this thread's rules that's all I am saying that is your job as the creator of this thread. I have no business with him

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by YoshihideSuga: 11:51am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

Only to destroy another man's country with your mentality? So when things are turning sour there you'll just find another stone to hide under?

I can bet with my salary that this fellow will vote for Agbado and cassava come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:
@DrLevi

I found this site visa DOT Db DOT io
Beautiful resource. Having to go to each country's immigration website just to get visa info can be a chore

I will add it to the first post, amongst other resources shared

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:53am On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

I hear you.

you do know African diasporans are still the major reasons why we have a supply of dollars. I don't blame you for being patriotic but we are fed up, maybe you people can change things, while we just send money back home.

undecided Money and talent go hand in hand, if everybody leaves what else is left.

it is better to build a Tech city than to just send money back home for what exactly /
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2022
hendryjhon:
I am unable to understand that what are you saying. I will consult with my tax consultant that I hired from Coast One Tax Group to understand this thing.
SPAM
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 11:56am On Jul 14, 2022
YoshihideSuga:

I can bet with my salary that this fellow will vote for Agbado and cassava come 2023.

You just showed the world your level of reasoning. its a shame undecided cry
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

My only post before he posted what he said was about jobs. Tell him to keep his posts in line with this thread's rules that's all I am saying that is your job as the creator of this thread. I have no business with him
He was attacked by the patriotic guy first, he simply answered a question asked by another user about logistics of payment which is a terrible issue

@Think4Myself has no right to police anyone's answers here and even worse about patriotism.

Well now the thread has gone downhill. I hope we all are happy.

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
I have planned in mind Mauritius or Portugal. Mauritius rent is cheaper and food, and the internet is cheaper than Nigeria when I was there and faster.

Portugal has cheaper rent and is in the EU.

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

undecided Money and talent go hand in hand, if everybody leaves what else is left.

it is better to build a Tech city than to just send money back home for what exactly /
Build what exactly?

We can't even attract Foreign investments because of how everything in the country is. From openly corrupt officials, terrible laws, incessant power issues, slow internet, exchange rate... lets not talk about insecurity, 40 people murdered in a church and no one has been arrested.
You can't build a talent city with what is the current government

I mean, what are you building when your ATM can't pay for a simple VM instance + managed mongodb instance?

Today, no Naira card can pay for the $25 google play store fee, let alone the $99 apple store fee

Seriously, don't take this thread to where we've already been with so many threads already. These facts are in our faces and still you seem to have some unnecessary hope

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:
I have planned in mind Mauritius or Portugal. Mauritius rent is cheaper and food, and the internet is cheaper than Nigeria when I was there and faster.

How have you been unable to secure a work visa with your experience

what would you say is the bottleneck?
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Anonime1105(m): 12:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
They are here!!!!
Gbas gbos everywhere they go
grin grin grin

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

Build what exactly?

We can't even attract Foreign investments because of how everything in the country is. From openly corrupt officials, terrible laws, incessant power issues, slow internet, exchange rate... lets not talk about insecurity, 40 people murdered in a church and no one has been arrested.

I mean, what are you building when your ATM can't pay for a simple VM instance + managed mongodb instance?

Today, no Naira card can pay for the $25 google play store fee, let alone the $99 apple store fee

Seriously, don't take this thread to where we've already been with so many threads already. These facts are in our faces and still you seem to have some unnecessary hope
grin
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 12:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

Build what exactly?

grin So the companies getting foreign investment's daily in Nigeria are from Fairyland, Make a good product and you'll get investments there are so many willing VCs here.

1. That's the job of the banks so what exactly are you talking about.
2. Are there not virtual cards you can use?
3. I am just being real with you where exactly do you want to run to that you will not face the same problems you are facing here.

The inflation rate in Europe and America is ridiculous right now, the peanuts that guy who talked about corn is making if he were living in Europe he would be basically living hand to mouth. That one proudly screaming about not paying taxes here what will be left after paying your taxes and levies in Europe?.

A lot of the laws you knowingly flaunt here you cant over there what about the tenement rate most of you don't pay that here minus that from your salary that is if you can even afford to own a house over there what is left?

These are just simple things that you people take for granted.

4 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

grin Well said. My point exactly
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

grin So the companies getting foreign investment's daily in Nigeria are from Fairyland, Make a good product and you'll get investments there are so many willing VCs here.

1. That's the job of the banks so what exactly are you talking about.
2. Are there not virtual cards you can use?
3. I am just being real with you where exactly do you want to run to that you will not face the same problems you are facing here.

The inflation rate in Europe and America is ridiculous right now, the peanuts that guy who talked about corn is making if he were living in Europe he would be basically living hand to mouth. That one proudly screaming about not paying taxes here what will be left after paying your taxes and levies in Europe?.

A lot of the laws you knowingly flaunt here you cant over there what about the tenement rate most of you don't pay that here minus that from your salary that is if you can even afford to own a house over there what is left?

These are just simple things that you people take for granted.
You seriously call the $1M and $2M you see on twitter once ever quarter, "foreign investment daily"
The moment you said "Banks are responsible for FX" you ended this conversation.

Let people do what they want
If you want to build, build.
If they want to run, it's a fundamental human right, they should

Thank you. Looking forward to what you build man

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 12:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

You seriously call the $1M and $2M you see on twitter once ever quarter, "foreign investment daily"
The moment you said "Banks are responsible for FX" you ended this conversation.

Let people do what they want
If you want to build, build.
If they want to run, it's a fundamental human right, they should

Thank you. Looking forward to what you build man

1. What major product apart from Flutterwave and Paystack does the Nigerian industry have that anybody would invest $250mill is it the thousands of payment or loan apps in the oversaturated industry?

When I said money and talent go hand in hand do you now understand.

Lets take Nairaland as an Example.

Seun Osewa makes a lot of money from Nairaland, especially from Ads just like Facebook and Google that is what a lot of people don't know even if the UI is simple.
You only go to VCs when you need to grow rapidly I am sure he has his reasons for not seeking investments he probably has his own personal goals for the platform

Most Startups in Nigeria do not need more than $25k-$2m investments and most of them are into payments as an investor would you be willing to invest $250mill in yet another payments platform with just 10k users grin

2. I Never said this "Banks are responsible for FX"
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

How have you been unable to secure a work visa with your experience

what would you say is the bottleneck?

So in 4 days I will go for capturing, and then after that, start applying. Mauritius na backup just incase since it is free but you need to travel there on 2 weeks visit then apply for permanent stay.

Everything just boils down to money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

1. What major product apart from Flutterwave and Paystack does the Nigerian industry have that anybody would invest $250mill is it the thousands of payment or loan apps in the oversaturated industry?

When I said money and talent go hand in hand do you now understand.

Lets take Nairaland as an Example.

Seun Osewa makes a lot of money from Nairaland, especially from Ads just like Facebook and Google that is what a lot of people don't know even if the UI is simple.
You only go to VCs when you need to grow rapidly I am sure he has his reasons for not seeking investments he probably has his own personal goals for the platform

Most Startups in Nigeria do not need more than $25k-$2m investments and most of them are into payments as an investor would you be willing to invest $250mill in yet another payments platform with just 10k users grin

2. I Never said this "Banks are responsible for FX"
It's fine man but this isn't a thread about startup financing or why people should go or stay or whether or not you said its the bank's job to ensure ATM cards can pay for basic serverless architecture

We can create another thread about that and argue at length

please let's stay on the topic at hand. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by LikeAking: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
Op abeg close this thread.

I never get anything meaningful since this thread was created..

Now u guys are talking shit! Shit!! Shit!!!.

Tell us how to make it like u did, @ our stingy remote work guys or remote work fakers.

Move this thread forward or close it down.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Patriotism to what exactly this shithole of a zoological republic. Even your leaders aren't patriots angry

I genuinely hope those Western countries you unpatriotic lots flee to start implementing stricter immigration laws and deport the rest of you

Imagine if US citizens were insulting and hating on their country when they first got independence, do you think they will be where they are today ?

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by LikeAking: 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

Build what exactly?

Pls say u can't, not we.

I am so frustrated this afternoon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Work At Google: Journey Of A Software Developer / Who Can Tell Me Why Professional Hackers Use Satanic Names? / Application For The Free 3MTT Programme Is Ongoing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.