Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions (11096 Views)

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE... / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by aidameoryou: 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2022
DrLevi:

Nice questions

1. Previously, Upwork => payoneer and some to Grey => Payoneer to my Dom(dollar account in the bank) and Grey to my Naira account
Currently everything goes through MoneyGram to my Dom account

2. Taxes... Lol

3. Provided my Voter's card, although they asked for any Government ID preferably my International passport data page

4. Didn't get any background check, like you said, its impossible

Bro am having issues with my payoneer, could you help me with procedures

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
aidameoryou:

Bro am having issues with my payoneer, could you help me with procedures
I'm no payoneer expert, but do share what issues you're facing, maybe someone can be of help
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by aidameoryou: 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2022
DrLevi:

I'm no payoneer expert, but do share what issues you're facing, maybe someone can be of help

They refused to give me a dollar acct after registering.
Even till now
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
aidameoryou:

They refused to give me a dollar acct after registering.
Even till now
I have no idea about how receiving account works unfortunately. I never had issues with mine(I don't even use it)

You can check out the FAQ or mail their support
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by aidameoryou: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2022
DrLevi:

I have no idea about how receiving account works unfortunately. I never had issues with mine(I don't even use it)

You can check out the FAQ or mail their support
Alright, where are you resided.
Could I make use of yours?
Could it be possible
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by semmyk(m): 8:17am On Jul 17, 2022
aidameoryou:
They refused to give me a dollar acct after registering...
Perhaps you should email them (that is if you've not already). You can then share here the reason(s) they gave; obviously, you'll only extract and post the essential part with no personal detail.

I don't know if this might work or not. Open a Dom account with your bank. Withdraw from payoner into your USD Dom acct.

https://www.payoneer.com/solutions/local-bank-withdrawal/
Nigeria: Supported currencies: EUR, USD, GBP

How can I add a new bank account?
- Sign in to Payoneer.
- From the main menu, go to Settings
- ... ...

I also came across the following:
WITHDRAW PAYMENTS TO YOUR LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT
Whichever currency your clients or marketplaces pay you in, convert your earnings to your local currency. We support withdrawals to local bank accounts in over 150 countries and currencies.
Manage Currencies
Payoneer enables you to convert your funds to different currencies, within your account.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by semmyk(m): 8:31am On Jul 17, 2022
Payoneer
PS : ... claims to unlock a universe of opportunities, including making international payments, receiving funds ...

Why Was My Application Declined?
https://payoneer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5997
There may be a few possible reasons for an application not to be approved by Payoneer:
Applicants who are under 18: We are unable to approve accounts for applicants who are under 18.
Applicants from restricted countries: Payoneer operates in compliance with regulations from the US Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), according to which we cannot provide services to residents of certain countries.
Incomplete account registration: If, for some reason, your application forms are incomplete, our team will not be able to review and approve your account.
Email address is already associated with an existing account: You cannot apply with an email that is associated with an existing account.
Applicant already has an account: If you already have an approved Payoneer account or previously applied for a Payoneer account and didn't complete approval process, your application might be declined.
Applicant that had an account that was blocked: If the details in your application are associated with account that was previously blocked by Payoneer, your application might be declined.
Attempt to register with false details: If the details in your application form can't be verified by Payoneer, your application will be declined.

For further details, we recommend that you check your email inbox and locate the email that Payoneer sent you regarding the status of your application, as you may have been requested to provide additional information.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 17, 2022
aidameoryou:

Alright, where are you resided.
Could I make use of yours?
Could it be possible
That's an impossible ask

There are others that offer such services, e.g Wise, payday and geegfinance. I'm sure you can get a usd account from one of them
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by aidameoryou: 9:34am On Jul 17, 2022
DrLevi:

That's an impossible ask

There are others that offer such services, e.g Wise, payday and geegfinance. I'm sure you can get a usd account from one of them

Alright thanks
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by longlife101: 10:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
qtguru:

Send PM
Sent you a DM, kindly revert
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Tobedated(m): 12:11am On Jul 18, 2022
qtguru:

Send PM

I've sent a PM
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by oyekanwahab(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2022
qtguru:

Send PM

I pm u too

Want to join the slack channel

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by ReactJs(m): 4:14am On Jul 19, 2022
nice thread! for me, i'm so laid back with this relocation thing. The only thing that makes me fantasise about relocating is the internet. Our internet is big mess but now that this elon musk's starlink coming to nigeria maybe my internet problem is about to be solved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by oyekanwahab(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2022
ReactJs:
nice thread! for me, i'm so laid back with this relocation thing. The only thing that makes me fantasise about relocating is the internet. Our internet is big mess but now that this elon musk's starlink coming to nigeria maybe my internet problem is about to be solved.

Same here, not everyone really buy the idea of this relocating eg me

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2022
ReactJs:

If not for anything, do it for your children. Having your kids with a Nigerian only passport is a very serious handicap. I rather not have children than have Nigerian only kids. I despise my parents for making me a Nigerian but theres nothing I can do about it than make sure it doesnt happen to any of my own kids.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 11:44am On Jul 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

If not for anything, do it for your children. Having your kids with a Nigerian only passport is a very serious handicap. I rather not have children than have Nigerian only kids. I despise my parents for making me a Nigerian but theres nothing I can do about it than make sure it doesnt happen to any of my own kids.

Tensa, it’s not about Nigerian only passport. It’s about money. There are loads of people with only Nigerian passports that can go anywhere they want on earth because they are loaded. I’m personally not keen to leave Naija. And if I see an opportunity to remain and be in a lot of money, I will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Tensa, it’s not about Nigerian only passport. It’s about money. There are loads of people with only Nigerian passports that can go anywhere they want on earth because they are loaded. I’m personally not keen to leave Naija. And if I see an opportunity to remain and be in a lot of money, I will

Its not about money. If its about money, Nigerian politicians and wealthy business people will not bother running abroad to give birth. No politician's child is a Nigerian citizen. In tech, most startup founders are married to foreigners. The ones married to Nigerians their kids were all born abroad. If Nigeria is so great and amazing with money, why dont the rich birth her. You dont see rich swiss or rich australians or rich japanese people dying for their kids to have an American or Canadian citizenship. Theres more to it than money.

8 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by ReactJs(m): 12:26pm On Jul 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Lol bruv you’ve made a good point. That’s another strong reason to want to leave. I just think I’ve gotten very comfortable with juxtaposing things i can currently get in Nigeria and things i can get abroad.

Most of the stuff can make aboard appealing are things that i probably already have.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 12:39pm On Jul 19, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Its not about money. If its about money, Nigerian politicians and wealthy business people will not bother running abroad to give birth. No politician's child is a Nigerian citizen. In tech, most startup founders are married to foreigners. The ones married to Nigerians their kids were all born abroad. If Nigeria is so great and amazing with money, why dont the rich birth her. You dont see rich swiss or rich australians or rich japanese people dying for their kids to have an American or Canadian citizenship. Theres more to it than money.

It is about the money. They go abroad because they can afford to pay for the more expensive private hospitals abroad. They don’t want their wives giving birth in the cesspool grin grin that is Nigeria. Many give birth in the UK were citizenships by birth doesn’t exist. Many buy multiple passports. And they bring those children back to Nigeria to come and continue being politicians. I understand your position about permanently emigrating. And it’s fine. Personally, for me I’m not too keen. But if I see a chance to be stupendously rich in this country. I’m going nowhere. Na lack of money dey make me reason probable emigration.

Oya make we leave socioeconomics alone and focus on bagging the money cheesy
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Hailleys: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
All my colleagues and masters in the building, I am grateful I just secured a remote-based job with a book publishing firm.
But I am facing a lot of issues setting up a work environment.
I need your help with setting up Vultr and GCP accounts.
I was asked to set up a working environment on those websites but all my effort was abortive.
I am having an issue with the billing information stages.
I would be glad if you could help me out so as not to lose this job.

Thanks in advance.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hailleys:
All my colleagues and masters in the building, I am grateful I just secured a remote-based job with a book publishing firm.
I was asked to set up a working environment on those websites but all my effort was abortive.

Thanks in advance.

What are the issues you are facing? Which bank cards are you using? A number of Nigerian bank cards have been failing for international transactions lately
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 8:03pm On Jul 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What are the issues you are facing? Which bank cards are you using? A number of Nigerian bank cards have been failing for international transactions lately

Massively everything is affected, it shows how one plug can ruin one's startup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2022
Hailleys:

Thanks in advance.
Get your employers to pay for the servers. It shouldn't be your job

Every other idea will take a couple weeks and so far the surest idea is to get a Dollar card from a Nigerian bank, I think those ones should be working

A senior dev mentioned paywithmoon to be working, you can check it out

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Hailleys: 12:11am On Jul 20, 2022
The card is declined whenever I try to pay.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Hailleys: 12:16am On Jul 20, 2022
My man, Nigeria is hard and the family is waiting for daily bread, I don't want anything that will make them change their mind.
That's the reason I'm looking for possible solutions, whereas if not for this country's bad policy, I would have done it without having any issues.
Some server service providers state clearly not to accept virtual cards.
This shit is making me go crazy.

Anyway, I appreciate your contribution sir.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by mikebabs101: 4:56am On Jul 20, 2022
oyekanwahab:

Some Europe countries don't require that
It's very rare , most of them needs you to be north America or in Europe
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 7:27am On Jul 20, 2022
Hailleys:
My man, Nigeria is hard and the family is waiting for daily bread, I don't want anything that will make them change their mind.
That's the reason I'm looking for possible solutions, whereas if not for this country's bad policy, I would have done it without having any issues.
Some server service providers state clearly not to accept virtual cards.
This shit is making me go crazy.

Anyway, I appreciate your contribution sir.

Why do you have to provide Vultr and GCP for the job role though?
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by gimakon2(m): 7:31am On Jul 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You no try o. You just chop my eye. Day do your thing. It is well sha , God bless. Just day do your thing.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 7:44am On Jul 20, 2022
gimakon2:

You no try o. You just chop my eye. Day do your thing. It is well sha , God bless. Just day do your thing.

Who read this your message now go think say you give me money and I run. Abeg tell them how I take “chop” your eye since you wan bring something come public? If you nor talk me I go talk. So tell them how I take chop your eye
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by gimakon2(m): 7:54am On Jul 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Who read this your message now go think say you give me money and I run. Abeg tell them how I take “chop” your eye since you wan bring something come public? If you nor talk me I go talk. So tell them how I take chop your eye

You no chop my money. The thing i say make u help me do, how far, you just lock up like that. Life sha no be so.
Ya doing well.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Hailleys: 8:14am On Jul 20, 2022
TheChrisader:
I've got some questions geared towards the logistical side of things that I think a bunch of us could benefit from knowing about.

Please, if you've got experience dealing with these areas, help us out by answering.

If you've got a job working for a company overseas, how do you receive payments? Do you have a dollar account at a bank, or do you use third part services like PayPal?

How do you deal with taxes? Do you have to pay abroad, and then in Nigeria, or just in Nigeria (if you pay taxes at all, lol)

What sort of identification do they require you provide? NIN? Passport? Do they even require you to prove that you are who you say you are, or is a virtual face to face interview enough?

It's practically impossible for companies to do a proper background check on us, so do they even try?

Does anybody here work, or knows someone that works, at any of the big tech companies (Microsoft, Google, Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc) remotely from Nigeria? I'm not talking about their branches here in the country, I mean for the actual companies abroad.

Stuff like that.
I need your assistance to recommend the kind of legal document to send to my employer for my employment validation to avoid any issues in the nearest future especially the payment agreement.
Although, the job is remote-based and only NDA and W-8BEN were sent to me by the employer to sign.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Want To Work At Google: Journey Of A Software Developer / Who Can Tell Me Why Professional Hackers Use Satanic Names? / Application For The Free 3MTT Programme Is Ongoing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.