Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions (11100 Views)

My Journey To Getting A Remote Job / Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE... / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by LikeAking: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
This thread fall hands.

I am out.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

This isn't the politics section. Please take your patriotism to the politics section or another thread

What is it with Nigerians and not following simple rules

DO NOT RUIN THE THREAD WITH YOUR NONSENSE!

Mannn...
Respectfully sit this one out. Are you trying to say because it's not the politics section I can't advice anybody on how to be a good citizen?
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
logik29:

I prefer to pay tax in Europe where I will see what the government used the tax for than to pay tax in Nigeria where the tax is just enriching the men at the top

And that is exactly why black people won't progress foward
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 2:20pm On Jul 14, 2022
I think to relocate out of the country these are the best ways

1. Freelance Job = Freelance Visa

As long as you have a freelance job, my advice is enter countries with low restriction and apply to another country from there.

2. Relocation Job
This is the hardest, it cost less to migrate an EU person than a Nigerian unless you are extremely too good .

No matter which way you go,

It's the same requirement

You need to be skilled to be considered

There is another route, but if you can run your company , have transactions running through it, you can have your own company employ you and you can show that you work for a company, this requires too much money.

So like Tensa will say study your Algo and DSA

@LikeAKing there's no golden rule to relocation/remote job, you have to be good to apply for jobs and pray for the best, sometimes it's luck and sometimes it's divine. My advice study your code and do more work, anything other than that is a waste of time.

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 14, 2022
LikeAking:

Pls say u can't, not we.

I am so frustrated this afternoon.
Sorry boss. I can't attract foreign investments.

I hope your day gets better

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2022
Think4Myself:

Mannn...
Respectfully sit this one out. Are you trying to say because it's not the politics section I can't advice anybody on how to be a good citizen?
Advise them outside the thread... SIMPLE!

This thread doesn't have "Social studies and Civil education" as its heading

Your insistent on being right is becoming annoying.

I'm politely asking you stick to the topic when you reply. This is not the place to give lectures on patriotism. PLEASE! make a thread and mention whoever offends you

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 14, 2022
Think4Myself:

Pathetic mentality. Why don't you become a US citizen, go to any of their space and create a topic not related to politics then go ahead and insult their country then you'll see that the Americans can also "Nigeria -ing"

Inferiority complex right here
I was referring to you breaking the very simple rules on the first post. Nigerians have a problem keeping with rules and this is clear with what your post have done to the thread.
You blame someone for not paying taxes and go ahead and ignore the basic rules of the thread. That is very hypocritical and annoying

I don't care what complex you think I have
I don't care what US citizens do and couldn't care less about about who defends what country
I am saying, keep it out of the thread... SIMPLE

Have a nice day!
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 2:34pm On Jul 14, 2022
@DrLevi you can create a slack group, we can have the convo there, most are civil, you can't govern NL. But I am serious about relocating, I was a major force in ensuring my babe relocated and even got her a job in Poland at Netguru, these things are not hard if you are good. We should talk more about it privately

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:
I think to relocate out of the country these are the best ways

1. Freelance Job = Freelance Visa

As long as you have a freelance job, my advice is enter countries with low restriction and apply to another country from there.

2. Relocation Job
This is the hardest, it cost less to migrate an EU person than a Nigerian unless you are extremely too good .

No matter which way you go,

It's the same requirement

You need to be skilled to be considered

There is another route, but if you can run your company , have transactions running through it, you can have your own company employ you and you can show that you work for a company, this requires too much money.

So like Tensa will say study your Algo and DSA

there's no golden rule to relocation/remote job, you have to be good to apply for jobs and pray for the best, sometimes it's luck and sometimes it's divine. My advice study your code and do more work, anything other than that is a waste of time.

1. I once checked out the freelance/digital normad visa, the requirements for income are very strict. It would be hard to earn that amount
2. I also think Tensa's DSA route is a very hard to come by. But he seems to have testimonies and some assurance that companies are really in need of talent to spent money and time with a relocation visa
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 2:37pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

1. I once checked out the freelance/digital normad visa, the requirements for income are very strict. It would be hard to earn that amount
2. I also think Tensa's DSA route is a very hard to come by. But he seems to have testimonies and some assurance that companies are really in need of talent to spent money and time with a relocation visa

1. Portugal's minimum earning is 500 euros monthly even with 3k monthly rent is like 500 euros
2. Mauritius just need to show enough to sustain no amount is required I read their Immigration document

It depends on what you mean by the amount because not all are expensive. especially less popular countries.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:
@DrLevi you can create a slack group, we can have the convo there, most are civil, you can't govern NL. But I am serious about relocating, I was a major force in ensuring my babe relocated and even got her a job in Poland at Netguru, these things are not hard if you are good. We should talk more about it privately
Nairaland is my favorite social media and I hoped to continue the culture of open information for all. I would not have been privy to some information if they were locked up in some special slack channel or WhatsApp group. This openness is something I've always admired about the white and a culture I enjoy.

Will definitely hit you up on Slack, I am a member of your koding-school space, maybe just use the remote channel there instead. Seems the only way things work in this country is by keeping information to a privy few

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

1. Portugal's minimum earning is 500 euros monthly even with 3k monthly rent is like 500 euros
2. Mauritius just need to show enough to sustain no amount is required I read their Immigration document

It depends on what you mean by the amount because not all are expensive. especially less popular countries.
I read something in the lines of £4k or so. Might have read wrong but it was for Germany though

You seems quite well read on Poland, have you researched how hard the immigration laws are on Work visas?
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

Nairaland is my favorite social media and I hoped to continue the culture of open information for all. I would not have been privy to some information if they were locked up in some special slack channel or WhatsApp group. This openness is something I've always admired about the white and a culture I enjoy.

Will definitely hit you up on Slack, I am a member of your koding-school space, maybe just use the remote channel there instead. Seems the only way things work in this country is by keeping information to a privy few

I don't bother about others, still post what info you want, those who want will use it, and those who want to derail will derail. Someone looking for a better life, will not be deterred because of people derailing the thread so continue.

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
Think4Myself:

I genuinely hope those Western countries you unpatriotic lots flee to start implementing stricter immigration laws and deport the rest of you

Imagine if US citizens were insulting and hating on their country when they first got independence, do you think they will be where they are today ?

I just tire for them my brother i don't even understand how some people think
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

I read something in the lines of £4k or so. Might have read wrong but it was for Germany though

You seems quite well read on Poland, have you researched how hard the immigration laws are on Work visas?

The issue is, it's easier if you are there. But their school is cheap, so pick a cheap school and port out, then apply for a job, I had an opportunity to be there but I'd rather go to Portugal the money is not much compared to where i work.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2022
LikeAking:
Op abeg close this thread.

I never get anything meaningful since this thread was created..

Now u guys are talking shit! Shit!! Shit!!!.

Tell us how to make it like u did, @ our stingy remote work guys or remote work fakers.

Move this thread forward or close it down.

Thanks.
How do you hope to get answers after calling them stingy and fakers?

Especially from people who are giving out this information freely

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

The issue is, it's easier if you are there. But their school is cheap, so pick a cheap school and port out, then apply for a job, I had an opportunity to be there but I'd rather go to Portugal the money is not much compared to where i work.
"School is cheap" doesn't correlate with the £8k+ block account money

Even as a remote worker, it would take an entire year to save that
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

I don't bother about others, still post what info you want, those who want will use it, and those who want to derail will derail. Someone looking for a better life, will not be deterred because of people derailing the thread so continue.
I was hoping to at least try to moderate the thread but I'm just going to take the sidelines from henceforth and contribute when I can.

Humans are hard undecided
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 3:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

"School is cheap" doesn't correlate with the £8k+ block account money

Even as a remote worker, it would take an entire year to save that

I disagree with that statement should I say in my own case that's not true. What stack are you using? if you have a 1k monthly sef you can put aside some cash and do other gigs on the side. 8k is not cheap but definitely not expensive compared to others
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by qtguru(m): 3:05pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

I was hoping to at least try to moderate the thread but I'm just going to take the sidelines from henceforth and contribute when I can.

Humans are hard undecided

I think you're stressing it, do your part and japa don't stress if others read it or not. pele smiley
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
qtguru:

I disagree with that statement should I say in my own case that's not true. What stack are you using? if you have a 1k monthly sef you can put aside some cash and do other gigs on the side. 8k is not cheap but definitely not expensive compared to others

we all don't earn mega sums + responsibility with family + school grin

There are limitation to how much we make even if we try

I guess that's one reason for the thread, to streamline the pipeline to get better paying jobs where saving 8k isn't that big a deal

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by elpsycongroo: 3:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

I guess that's one reason for the thread, to streamline the pipeline to get better paying jobs where saving 8k isn't that big a deal

qtguru here, NL Anti spambot blocked me.

You can earn mega sum is what I am saying, I have been freelancing for 8 years and trust me, you can, you just need complex skills people are willing to pay for, tell me your stack and I can strategize a way to earning big buck, hit me up on slack.

I am busy so I can't earn as much as I'd love because of multi jobs, once I start to outsource gigs, I am telling you money will come.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by elpsycongroo: 3:15pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

I agree. but with the noise here, it won't be a focused group, this is a forum.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by jesmond3945: 3:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

grin So the companies getting foreign investment's daily in Nigeria are from Fairyland, Make a good product and you'll get investments there are so many willing VCs here.

1. That's the job of the banks so what exactly are you talking about.
2. Are there not virtual cards you can use?
3. I am just being real with you where exactly do you want to run to that you will not face the same problems you are facing here.

The inflation rate in Europe and America is ridiculous right now, the peanuts that guy who talked about corn is making if he were living in Europe he would be basically living hand to mouth. That one proudly screaming about not paying taxes here what will be left after paying your taxes and levies in Europe?.

A lot of the laws you knowingly flaunt here you cant over there what about the tenement rate most of you don't pay that here minus that from your salary that is if you can even afford to own a house over there what is left?

These are just simple things that you people take for granted.
if you step one feet in abroad, you would use your hand, brush and mop and clean all your post in the thread. Even the government brought out a report that fdi has fallen to mere 1 billion dollars. We are just oil and gas away from turning into sri lanka. That inflation rate you are talking about, their minimum wage is increasing with the inflation rate. Only lazy and entitled people complain of inflation rate. Please put your interest first in everything you do, how can you pay tax and mr agf will steal 80 billion of it and you are here talking about cursing the country.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by elpsycongroo: 3:56pm On Jul 14, 2022
jesmond3945:
if you step one feet in abroad, you would use your hand, brush and mop and clean all your post in the thread. Even the government brought out a report that fdi has fallen to mere 1 billion dollars. We are just oil and gas away from turning into sri lanka. That inflation rate you are talking about, their minimum wage is increasing with the inflation rate. Only lazy and entitled people complain of inflation rate. Please put your interest first in everything you do, how can you pay tax and mr agf will steal 80 billion of it and you are here talking about cursing the country.

I've sat in FIRS office in Abuja, we built something to track earnings and the people at FIRS told us point blank, that they "Maritime Agents and others" will not allow us because of the money they are stealing. I won't waste time arguing with anyone, but I won't discourage our patriotic members because we need a place to come back to with our investments. Everybody wins, Diasporians contribute vastly to the development of the country. some build, some provide resources, roles dey for everyone. Nigeria is a shithole and that's a fact, you need to bribe your way now to get anything Visa appointment, drivers license, Passport or even NIN /PVC so what are we talking about.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2022
jesmond3945:

Time for arguments has passed, please...
Dr Levi

Can you like create another thread and let us get back to the main reason we are here
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Oem18(m): 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2022
elpsycongroo:

I've sat in FIRS office in Abuja, we built something to track earnings and the people at FIRS told us point blank, that they "Maritime Agents and others" will not allow us because of the money they are stealing. I won't waste time arguing with anyone, but I won't discourage our patriotic members because we need a place to come back to with our investments. Everybody wins, Diasporians contribute vastly to the development of the country. some build, some provide resources, roles dey for everyone. Nigeria is a shithole and that's a fact, you need to bribe your way now to get anything Visa appointment, drivers license, Passport or even NIN /PVC so what are we talking about.

Off topic...
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 4:06pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

This is a fact though. Younger bro who isn't in tech was headhunted by a UK firm based solely on his experience on a Naija job. 6 months down the line he moved to Jand on a work visa with a parting advise "Bros, do make you leave this country. Me I don japa"

1 Like

Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by airsaylongcome: 4:09pm On Jul 14, 2022
DrLevi:

I second the slack move. I'm also on qt's slack channel and have a private channel there that I haven't started using. Half of the people that come to the programming section are toxic. The other half are looking to get a foreign remote job from information gleaned in the programming sub forum and can leave "those idiots on NL"
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by elpsycongroo: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2022
Oem18:

Off topic...

The thread is dead already.
Re: Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I second the slack move. I'm also on qt's slack channel and have a private channel there that I haven't started using. Half of the people that come to the programming section are toxic. The other half are looking to get a foreign remote job from information gleaned in the programming sub forum and can leave "those idiots on NL"
I agree with you that the slack channel will be a better media to have fruitful discussions. Having the ability to remove people is something every discussion should have

My thoughts were misplaced when I thought this thread would benefit others, especially newcomers.

Well, what a waste

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Who Can Tell Me Why Professional Hackers Use Satanic Names? / I Want To Work At Google: Journey Of A Software Developer / Application For The Free 3MTT Programme Is Ongoing!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.