Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (25664 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Spizzy1: 7:44am On Jul 12, 2022
This your story is one sided. There are lots of things you didn't tell us.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by liver123(m): 8:21am On Jul 12, 2022
Stallionhorse:
You left site without taking permission from your boss thats very wrong! What if material worth millions were stolen or misused!! We can't blame your boss for wanting a more competent and reliable person.. Not somebody that succumbs to the calling of his stomach ahead of the job that gives him food.. You see always think from the perspective of the owner, not just your own perspective.. Imagine if your the owner of a site worth millions? That's why not everybody can be a boss in life.. This mentality of yours can't get you far..
mind you its Saturday, on a normal working days I wouldn't do that
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by liver123(m): 8:32am On Jul 12, 2022
KristaPretty:
I've tried to actually read through and a bit shocked I found only one or two comments that told ypu the truth straight up!

What you did is completely unprofessional and a big neglect to your job, I would not blame your boss as he is on his own rights. What happened to you informing him before you leave? Please remove sentiment and emotions aside as these ones above me are saying.

These ones that are saying yen yen yen and all sorts of emotional stories should not deceive you as if you carry such attitude to your next job, you would keep getting fired.

Learn to act professional in the line of duty. You want to eat, inform someone. You are closing, inform as well.

Whatever action you put up is highly unprofessional, rude and unethical and the result is what you got. It's a lesson for your next job and act with caution

Now you can say that he was paying you only 50k without you saving and all sorts, before you were fired you never saw it as such. I personally think you were too confident and non challant and felt you could not be replaced.

I can only hope he calms down, else look for another job and stop lamenting over what was entirely your gadem fault! angry
I know I was wrong but what about him to wait and when I come to work next, talk to me and correct me. Its not as if that is how I have been acting.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Oyiboman69: 9:38am On Jul 12, 2022
Nocommonsense:
bruh you no hustle pass those laborers for site so if life favour always thanks God for it not to use it to oppress others
he should have called to inform his boss of leaving the site. Put your self in his shoes,or would you you have slowed someone's project go wrong all because of your employees insubordination?.
Whatever Worth doing is worth doing well.
Me that is typing, do you know what kind of menial job I do to survive,... The guy should quit if he's not satisfied with the work rather than spoiling it because he knows clearly well that he won't be held responsible for any damage....
Abeg my phone no good, the back space no dey work, so try and understand my write up like that

2 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by heykims(m): 9:44am On Jul 12, 2022
BigYash:
If you get small savings, find busy area start pos business.. Its better than being a labour under a fool. Now,call the idiot and tell him,I said he is a mumu man. But I hope all you told us,na true sha..
My brother, I was passing by my busy area this morning and the POS kiosks I saw would be up to 10. Guess what? they all have the inscriptions 'PAY AS LOW AS 50NAIRA'. In fact, I saw one with 30 naira charge.
That line of business seems saturated guy.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Tallesty1(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2022
coputa:
life nor favour anybody,i don offload fish into cold room for yankee,i am just trying to send a messgage to these indomie generation that they have to take life hustle serious.
The OP is an engineer not a labourer so he has workers under him and I am sure he has someone he trusted among the boys that he must have left in charge.

Even if he was just a supervisor in the site, sacking him because he left the site to go and eat when you know too well that there's no food vendor around is too harsh. The only thing that will make me blame the OP is if that day was not his first day at the site, if was not then he knew he won't see where to buy food so he should have made arrangements before coming.

Forget what you've done to make money, we all have done same or maybe worse things to make ends meet. I singlehandedly dug the foundation of a church just to raise money to rent a shop after my apprenticeship.

I did some other things that I would never let anyone know even though they were clean and very legal. They are just too embarrassing. That we suffered to find our footing doesn't mean every other person must suffer.

Someone up there said site works is half day on Saturdays, that's not entirely true. We worked full day when I was really into it.

We all find fault in the OP because of the master - slave relationship that we Nigerians have with our bosses.

Way back when a bag of cement was N1500. I was handling a site at Wuye and I was buying cement from the dealers at the site.

It was actually electrical work that we were doing. The initial piping done before decking was rejected so we were running surface wiring using flexible pipes. We used the cement to cover the pipes to make them firm and protect them from being damaged.

I was using 8 bags of cement per floor. The dealer would give me blank invoice and the main engineer would write 20 bags per floor before submitting to the company. He pockets the money for the extra.

So one day, we were out cement and the supplier wasn't around so the main engineer bought from inside town at N1400 per bag.

He came to the site and was furious. He said I had been stealing from him because I was buying at N1500 per bag at site.

I told him to wait until the dealer comes so we would both go there to buy so he would confirm the price by himself. He refused.

When Saturday came and it was time to pay, he removed N100 for each bag that I used from 1st to 8th floor.

Unfortunately for him, he mad the payment on the 8th floor so I and my boy communicated in my language and blocked the two entrances with hammer in hands.

I told him to complete the money or he would be carried down dead. He froze for some seconds before throwing someone N1k notes to me. I took my money and left and I lost site that day.

Some of these main engineers are wicked.

By the way, the rabbit in my story is a Lebanese.

3 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by cozy7(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all
I feel your pain brother, I suggest u go to d site when u sure he will be there, see him one on one n talk to him man to man.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 12, 2022
coputa:
@liver123 you left the site because of food,knowing too well that you're his only eyes in the site when he's not arround,what if something c6es up that need ur urgent attention,is this how you intend to become oga of your own in future.I will do the same if i am your boss.You must learn to be responsible,go and beg him.

Some of you just come online to talk rubbish. Thank God you are not his boss, and one day he will become his own boss.

Those of you who see yourself as alpha and Omega especially when someone is working with you should better stop it. Even tho he didn't tell us the full story, but from his own side, he was hungry. Remember an hungry man is an angry man.

He should stay in site and die in hunger.

He did the right thing by going home to go and look for food.

I am yet to meet a good Nigerian bosss.

I have even worked with a pastor, he has is own fault too.

Foreign companies are the best and especially if your superior is an expertraiats.

Reminds me of those days I will leave my food when my boss will call me to come now.

In hunger, i will still remain and loyal to that sheep in wolves clothing. Little me just trying to be calm and patient.

Not all boss deserve it.

In summary if i am in this guy's shoe, i will never call him only if he has paid my last pay. But if he stills owes me i will collect my money amicably and get out from his presence.

There are times your loyalty can even take you to the grave and hide you from potentials you could have explore.

5 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Stallionhorse: 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
mind you its Saturday, on a normal working days I wouldn't do that
you claim to be an engineer but you don't know that Saturday is the most important day in the hustle of site work.. You deserve to be jobless bro cause you don't know your job.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Stallionhorse: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
BigYash:
I have in real life... I do give the four of them feeding money daily.. I don't treat my workers as trash.So since they aren't leaving the shop until 5:30pm,there is always provision for feeding.. Cux who dey hungry no go work well. You gerrit?
you've not answers my question.. If your staff leaves your pos point to go home and eat or sleep what will you do?

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by liver123(m): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
Stallionhorse:
you claim to be an engineer but you don't know that Saturday is the most important day in the hustle of site work.. You deserve to be jobless bro cause you don't know your job.
guy be calming down, in a well structured construction company, it half day on a Saturday, don't come here to claim I too know

2 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nocommonsense: 3:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Oyiboman69:
he should have called to inform his boss of leaving the site. Put your self in his shoes,or would you you have slowed someone's project go wrong all because of your employees insubordination?.
Whatever Worth doing is worth doing well.
Me that is typing, do you know what kind of menial job I do to survive,... The guy should quit if he's not satisfied with the work rather than spoiling it because he knows clearly well that he won't be held responsible for any damage....
Abeg my phone no good, the back space no dey work, so try and understand my write up like that
bruh I can’t put myself in his shoes because we are using different sizes I’m not saying he did the right thing by leaving the site but doesn’t warranty sacking he can actually warn me never to do that again
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Oyiboman69: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nocommonsense:
bruh I can’t put myself in his shoes because we are using different sizes I’m not saying he did the right thing by leaving the site but doesn’t warranty sacking he can actually warn me never to do that again
if you've not done it before the sacking...then I guess you guys are not in a conducive working relationship together before which is bad. I hope you find a better job or you can still try to reach out to him to settle it.
However, try and inform him if you will be taking a break from the site or better still tell him to buy you something to eat if he's coming to the site or you always prepare yourself.
I hope there's a next time for both of you though....
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by BigYash: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Stallionhorse:
you've not answers my question.. If your staff leaves your pos point to go home and eat or sleep what will you do?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by BigYash: 5:26pm On Jul 12, 2022
Stallionhorse:
If he is a first time offender and has been very good in doing the job I employed him or her for.Sincerely I will pardon him and ask him not to do such shit again.. And if it repeat itself, then I will definitely FIRE. But I guess this was not op's case,although we are yet to hear his ex boss side of the story .. Abi na u be him ex boss??

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by BigYash: 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
heykims:

My brother, I was passing by my busy area this morning and the POS kiosks I saw would be up to 10. Guess what? they all have the inscriptions 'PAY AS LOW AS 50NAIRA'. In fact, I saw one with 30 naira charge.
That line of business seems saturated guy.
Look for a nice location . The business works with location.. And it mustn't be pos alone.. You think out of the box and add something people will easily buy... In a month,the gain should be more than 50k...
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Coldfeets: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all

So sorry for your sacking

I pray something hooge will come your way soon.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Osatarris: 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Sucolee(m): 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Na person wey get work fit relate.......how can I retrieve my missing PVC?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Melodydoctor: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Eleyi gidigan
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by crafteck(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
Nocommonsense:
bruh you no hustle pass those laborers for site so if life favour always thanks God for it not to use it to oppress others

Stop supporting laziness
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by africantycoon: 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

You are in the wrong. You should obtain the permission of your supervisor prior to going home for the lunch break; that is the protocol. We cannot be lawless that's the process... lawlessness is the problem with Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by tunapawizzy: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Well you did wrong, but is that enough to get you fired especially if its the first time you are doing that(only you can tell yourself the truth)? Sorry about that......sadly, its a dog eat dog world out there. Just do what you have to do so you dont get eaten, i am not saying u have to stay eating someone

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by seanwilliam(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
You should not have left without informing him .. most especially, you going hungry throughout that day won’t kill you ., you have to follow the rules and regulations pls..

2 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by harmony75: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Sorry dearie everything will be fine.. Apologies to him and go to the site to say sorry and explain the situation all the best. It may be God's about to change your situation for the better.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajealadick(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Why am I feeling that you are lying? You abandoned a site put in your custody, supposing in your absence materials for work are stolen nko? Sorry you lost the job, on your next one please ensure you are more serious, life is not as easy as most youth see it in this country. No shortcuts.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ItrendNaija(m): 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
Something bigger and better is coming next for you. That job was probably holding you back. As I’m counting down to the launch of Oraimo watch 2 pro, you too should start counting down on your next big break

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Zeezenho: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

What kind of business espirience do you have?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by EkoErrands: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

I know your type, you are very unserious in character...its better you told your boss that you went to shiit than you went to eat. You for kuku tell am say you go bleep.

Anyway on a positive note...na this kind nonsense way your boss do make me become a boss on my own today....so its a blessing in disguise...whatever u start now ...in 10yrs time it will be worth it. Just start
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ipobarecriminals: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
sad not that u leave site to go end eat but ur usual I DONT CARE ATTITUDE.No BOSS will wake up one fine morning and FIRE his staff just because he leave out to ear.#STOP LYING to urself
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by tunapawizzy: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
harmony75:
Sorry dearie everything will be fine.. Apologies to him and go to the site to say sorry and explain the situation all the best. It may be God's about to change your situation for the better.
you should also advice him not to abandon his duty post without approval when God changes his situation and gives him another job
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Peskid147: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
So are u saying e can not go and eat again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.