Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,244 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (25666 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 11:55am On Jul 13, 2022
ajericho:

When can I come abeg?

At your convenience, of course.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2022
ajericho:

Is it going to be a daily Pay?

Depending on the company. Some pay daily, some two weeks and others monthly. Each with it's own advantages.

But the monthly payment is usually bigger.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 12:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
kenedyx:

Depending on the company. Some pay daily, some two weeks and others monthly. Each with it's own advantages.

But the monthly payment is usually bigger.

I would get back to you asap sir
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
ajericho:

I would get back to you asap sir

Note:
I'm not an employer. I will only point you to the companies I'm sure are employing. Then you can make your choice.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 12:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
kenedyx:

Note:
I'm not an employer. I will only point you to the companies I'm sure are employing. Then you can make your choice.
okay thanks
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
ajericho:
okay thanks

Welcome bro
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by SPAMBOX7: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all
LOL I'm not surprised you said Abuja. It's a very useless place for anyone thinking about legit hustle. They will turn you to a slave for crumbs.. BTW Which part of Abuja you live?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by HazzanTazzan(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
LienwaltAbel:
Some people are telling him to go and beg the egomaniacal baboon. See as capitalism plus Nigerian hardship don reduce people to slavesgrin

Get some sense ...

How can your superior station you at your post and you leave without taking permission ?

And you’re here calling the superior a baboon for sacking someone who left his duty post without permission...

You do not have an iota of what it takes to run a business
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by armyofone(m): 1:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
You made a mistake by not asking for excuse to go eat.

Next time pack your lunch to work....even if you open your own pos, pack lunch inside cooler and only take 30mins food break.

Buy two coolers - one for your eba and the other for soup. Warm your rice and stew and pack if that is going to be your lunch that day or carry your bread and groundnut.
Carry water and snack too. Work time - stay there till closing hour.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by shinabrown: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
To also butress your point further, you have been working there for over a year and you knew there was nowhere around to eat, you should have made adequate preparation for your lunch.

It's obvious you abscond regularly before closing hours hence the reason not to inform him. Your boss did the right thing or else his own job will crumble too
KristaPretty:
I've tried to actually read through and a bit shocked I found only one or two comments that told ypu the truth straight up!

What you did is completely unprofessional and a big neglect to your job, I would not blame your boss as he is on his own rights. What happened to you informing him before you leave? Please remove sentiment and emotions aside as these ones above me are saying.

These ones that are saying yen yen yen and all sorts of emotional stories should not deceive you as if you carry such attitude to your next job, you would keep getting fired.

Learn to act professional in the line of duty. You want to eat, inform someone. You are closing, inform as well.

Whatever action you put up is highly unprofessional, rude and unethical and the result is what you got. It's a lesson for your next job and act with caution

Now you can say that he was paying you only 50k without you saving and all sorts, before you were fired you never saw it as such. I personally think you were too confident and non challant and felt you could not be replaced.

I can only hope he calms down, else look for another job and stop lamenting over what was entirely your gadem fault! angry
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by obadisa: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2022
As much as you try painting your Boss bad, you also have your fault. On this very field, even your presence can't deter some labourers from playing fast ones on your site materials.

Depending on your relationship with your Boss, he might just be angry atm, try see or call him and explain things but also acknowledge your mistakes.

You need to also up your savings skills, I earn less than that in ilorin on that same field.

All in all, it's a phase and it will pass!
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by liver123(m): 4:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
SPAMBOX7:
LOL I'm not surprised you said Abuja. It's a very useless place for anyone thinking about legit hustle. They will turn you to a slave for crumbs.. BTW Which part of Abuja you live?
I leave in lugbe
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kremzo: 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
On point sir..God bless you
quote author=coputa post=114633071]@liver123 you left the site because of food,knowing too well that you're his only eyes in the site when he's not arround,what if something c6es up that need ur urgent attention,is this how you intend to become oga of your own in future.I will do the same if i am your boss.You must learn to be responsible,go and beg him.[/quote]
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by iamL(f): 4:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all

If I were your boss I will do same without accepting you back.

How can you leave the site to go HOME and eat? Home for that matter, Perphas You even didn't even bother to return.

And I doubt you even called or went to apologize to him.

Oga I don't think you are ready for life.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by iamL(f): 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2022
armyofone:
You made a mistake by not asking for excuse to go eat.

Next time pack your lunch to work....even if you open your own pos, pack lunch inside cooler and only take 30mins food break.

Buy two coolers - one for your eba and the other for soup. Warm your rice and stew and pack if that is going to be your lunch that day or carry your bread and groundnut.
Carry water and snack too. Work time - stay there till closing hour.

You took it out of my keyboard.

A Construction sites needs constant monitoring due to its nature.

A site manager shouldn't leave the site when it's not closing time without proper supervision of the days job and ensuring that materials are safe and secured.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by SPAMBOX7: 6:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
liver123:
I leave in lugbe
Too far. Nvm
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 10:21am On Jul 15, 2022
kenedyx:

Note:

Bro good morning,pls no vex say I dey disturb o,can you direct me to where their pay is daily,cause I don't have funds to sustain for a month
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2022
ajericho:

Bro good morning,pls no vex say I dey disturb o,can you direct me to where their pay is daily,cause I don't have funds to sustain for a month

Of course. Daily job abound. But in my opinion, you hardly save anything from daily job.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by rant19ade: 3:32pm On Jul 15, 2022
Bro in as much as we can say your boss was harsh, you too get your own blame.
How will you leave work and your excuse is you left because you were hungry. Reason am nah.
At least when he asked you, you for look for something more serious to give as excuse, like maybe a serious headache or stomach bug
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 8:41pm On Jul 15, 2022
kenedyx:

Of course. Daily job abound. But in my opinion, you hardly save anything from daily job.
i would manage it for a month
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 8:40am On Jul 16, 2022
ajericho:
i would manage it for a month

Okay bro
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 9:26am On Jul 16, 2022
kenedyx:

Okay bro
how do I contact you boss
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by kenedyx: 9:48am On Jul 16, 2022
ajericho:
how do I contact you boss

You can PM me
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by ajericho(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2022
kenedyx:

You can PM me

I don't know how that's done,

That's my WhatsApp number
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by lolu2019: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2022
liver123:
self reliance is key.on top 50k.e dey mad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Factory Work Na Hell On Earth. I Just Know Today / Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) Jobs And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.