Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. (25633 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / My Boss Got A New Car But Has Not Paid Me For 3 Months / My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Konjiboii: 8:44pm On Jul 12, 2022
For construction site like that you suppose dey carry food for flask. Them no dey leave site just like that before closing.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by DaInferno(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2022
truthCoder:

Your excuse is lame.

You are a supervising engineer who left labourers at the site to go home because of the flimsy excuse of being hungry.

You knew there was no food vendor close by yet you could not package a lunch with you.

There are labourers on that site who work harder than you yet never left. What example are you showing? That anyone can leave when hungry?

You obviously have not worked outside of Nigeria, else you would not even contemplate going home before your shift ends. I have seen shop inviters stand full shift, smiling for hours, despite having narcissistic bosses, outside the shops in UAE. I have friends who work on construction sites in the US. Many people work as unloaders and packers worldwide. You bring your lunch.

Your job is to ensure that the job is done according to specs. You are the one to ensure that exactly the number of cement bags are mixed with the required quantity of sand and not pilfered. You left labourers to do as they please.

You believe you are justified in leaving because you have sent a report. Your job is not to auto generate reports. Your reports should come in after you have done your work.

If I was your employer, I would sack you too.

Good that you want to set up your own business. I hope you would smile at your staff when you find out they close shop to go home because they are hungry or their wife is Hot.
limau grin grin
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by imagrg(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2022
Go and apologise to him.
You should have eaten before leaving for the job.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Baldheaded: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
I don't believe a one time f up lead to his or her been fired. Nigerians dei talk only one side of story.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Akerele44(m): 8:55pm On Jul 12, 2022
When you finally went home to eat food of life grin
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Udemzy05: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
Call him and talk to him or go to the site and wait for him so you can talk man to man.

If he still insist you leave,well you know what to do.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Advancedman(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all

Pay or no pay the issue here is principle there are others at the same site you claim no where to buy food and the nearest place you could eat is home oga I doubt you are a worker at all.

2 Likes

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Coleman7(m): 9:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I work in a building construction site as an engineer under this man as the main engineer. Last Saturday I went to work and on reaching site I sent him report of site. I stayed till afternoon and I was very hungry and coupled with the fact that there was no place to get something to eat at site, I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site. He later came to site and called me and I told him that I am sorry I left because I was hungry. This morning I woke up to see his message that I should not come to the site again. I work like a labourer in that site for a salary of 50k without any other chance of getting money. See this life, the best thing is to invest in a business no matter how small and be your own boss. This I have tried for a one and half year of working with this man but how much can i save from 50k to start a business of my own leaving in this abuja that everything is expensive. This life no balance at all

08020536964......DM me
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Tzar(m): 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Your lack of planning fired you not your employer. Can’t you cook to work?! You left earlier that your agreed closing time without the consent of your boss & you expect me to blame your boss for firing you?
When you start that your business, allow this kind of your behavior o. I hope that your business will last more than 6months.
Nigerians and their warped worldview!!!

liver123:
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2022
Me seff resigned last week from one pro mfb to save my self embarrassment. grin
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by africantycoon: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

The era of anything goes in Nigeria and then blame leaders is over....if anything happened at that construction site while you were away all you will say is "sorry sir"....that's why nothing works in Nigeria. Nurse too will leave her post and go and eat at home. Patient came and die and everyone blame Buhari.

You are not even sorry that you did not do your job properly....all you are sorry about is that you haven't been able to start your own business.... what a shameful mentality....

There are many people abroad that make the equivalent of N50k with high rents and difficult life yet they still do their jobs well....

This attitude is the real problem with Nigeria and not any buhari or president.

And you think you can beg your way out? Employers are now smarter....

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by frozen70(f): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

He may have type that and send to you out of anger

So I will suggest you go to him and explain what happened that you left, you can even tell him that you are on drugs and it makes you hungry

He will listen to you

But before this, make sure you won't keep complaining of that 50k

Alternatively, look elsewhere for another job
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by babadee1(m): 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

How can you leave work before closing time to go home and eat? You sef no ready for work be dat. Live and learn bro.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by JAGS001(m): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
sofiscatedmoron:
Peter Obi will solve most issues like this,,

But you should have informed him, you know how difficult it is to get work in this country?
Some people are praying to have 40k job
Anada idiat peter obi wey no solve issues like that in Anambra, do you guys take us for fools like y'all PO followers, get sense abeg instead of you to give the person seeking for advice good one you are here talking about PO how would that solve his problem now.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by sulaak(m): 9:30pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:

I decided to leave before closing time so that I can go home and eat since there is no serious work on site.

You are a useless professional and rightly sacked, you don't deserve to work in the engineering and construction industry. You are totally unreliable with no shame.

You left your post during the agreed working hour. You could have picked up a sandwich before going to work but no you felt that you can just work offsite and leave your boss's business site to expose.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 12, 2022
Stallionhorse:
if you own a pos business and you employ someone to look after it for you. And the person leaves your pos point for hours to go home and eat or rest cause the person feels customers will not come.. What will you do?
sacking him wasn't the best thing to do. Admonition is appropriate here. A good boss, focuses not only on the succces of the business but on the wellbeing of his workers.

A good boss will say, "pls inform me before leaving the site and should you need food, let me know". Life no hard, na humans dey make am hard.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by sulaak(m): 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I know I was wrong but what about him to wait and when I come to work next, talk to me and correct me. Its not as if that is how I have been acting.

I think you are a joker. You can be this stupid and ignorant.

I hope this is a joke because I can't believe Nigerian youth can be this stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by goggle48: 9:37pm On Jul 12, 2022
He only sacked you for upliftment.God never sleeps
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by tctrills: 9:53pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
This is why you would make the same mistake again. You were wrong to leave work before closing no matter how hungry you were. Learn to take responsibility, this was all your fault. Learn from your mistake and don't repeat it ever again.

1 Like

Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Lastpharoah33: 9:58pm On Jul 12, 2022
From my little experience about life and it's difficulties, my advice to you is;

*Try getting in touch with him, take all the blame he might throw at you, he might still come around if he is the understanding type.

* Try taking out as little as 20% from your salary and save it.

*Even if you are to start any business now, you need capital. Go out there and look for a construction site where you can stay and gather some money. Staying home won't do you any good.

God bless.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Okobola146: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2022
You went home to eat? You be small pikin wwy dey leave work go home go chop?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by bsalawu: 10:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
Can you relocate to Lagos or Ogun if you can work on my site... Though that’s the planned Salary for now. We can get you an accommodation and also, it an Estate we are building. We sell lands and build houses to sale. You work will be mostly supervision. You will also be encouraged to do you personal business or PP to add up

liver123:
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2022
Joyless004:

bros!
u see this life, no where e easy oooo. even the biz u de rush wan go na die

cheesy grin
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by mcgodison2531(m): 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
Send him text message
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by africantycoon: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2022
franciskaine:
sacking him wasn't the best thing to do. Admonition is appropriate here. A good boss, focuses not only on the succces of the business but on the wellbeing of his workers.

A good boss will say, "pls inform me before leaving the site and should you need food, let me know". Life no hard, na humans dey make am hard.

Sacking was the appropriate thing to do because liability would have arisen while he was onsite....
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by africantycoon: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
From my little experience about life and it's difficulties, my advice to you is;

*Try getting in touch with him, take all the blame he might throw at you, he might still come around if he is the understanding type.

* Try taking out as little as 20% from your salary and save it.

*Even if you are to start any business now, you need capital. Go out there and look for a construction site where you can stay and gather some money. Staying home won't do you any good.

God bless.

The sack was deserved there's nothing to be understanding about here....it's time to introduce some discipline into the system....
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by sofiscatedmoron: 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2022
JAGS001:

Anada idiat peter obi wey no solve issues like that in Anambra, do you guys take us for fools like y'all PO followers, get sense abeg instead of you to give the person seeking for advice good one you are here talking about PO how would that solve his problem now.
Your father is an imbe that's y you look like your father grin
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Lastpharoah33: 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2022
africantycoon:

The sack was deserved there's nothing to be understanding about here....it's time to introduce some discipline into the system....

I was never against the dude being axed, his actions were unprofessional.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 12, 2022
africantycoon:

Sacking was the appropriate thing to do because liability would have arisen while he was onsite....
okay óò.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by africantycoon: 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
franciskaine:
okay óò.

I meant to say while he was off site.
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by liver123(m): 10:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
bsalawu:
Can you relocate to Lagos or Ogun if you can work on my site... Though that’s the planned Salary for now. We can get you an accommodation and also, it an Estate we are building. We sell lands and build houses to sale. You work will be mostly supervision. You will also be encouraged to do you personal business or PP to add up

OK sir, can I reach you on phone?
Re: The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. by JohnnA1: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
liver123:
I know I was wrong but what about him to wait and when I come to work next, talk to me and correct me. Its not as if that is how I have been acting.
You know you were wrong but you started a thread like this to make your former boss look bad??
You are NOT serious...
You are not ready...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Firstbank Of Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Help Me Choose Between These Two Job Offers / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.