Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket (42180 Views)

Tinubu Visits Pastor Adeboye Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket / Tinubu, Amaechi, Oshiomhole On Collision Course Over NDDC MD Job / Tinubu, APC Governors On Collision Course Over Primaries - This Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Well in as much as the VP is right and we all are right to sympathize with our Christian community , what has the ticket of buhari and osinbajo muslim/Christian achieved since 2015 till date . I rather choose competence also but then you cannot just overlook the killing of the Christians and understand this country is not just ripe to have a Muslim/Muslim ticket at least for now ..

The Borno State Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Bishop Naga Mohammed, has described as untrue reports in the social media that he had supported the choice of a former governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Ibrahim Shettima by the All Progressives Congress as the running mate to its presidential flag bearer in the 2023 election, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to him, he neither granted any interview to any journalist nor issued any press statement to that effect.

Mohammed, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the story which had gone viral was taken from what he said in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno State at a time when Shettima was the governor.

He said, “I have not granted an interview to anybody and never issued any statement. Was it not yesterday (Sunday) they said they had appointed him (Shettima)? How come I granted interview at the APC secretariat?

“Nobody called me. No journalist called me, except when this thing happened, when the papers were carrying it viral, then people were calling me.

“Right now, I’m somehow angry and not even composed to talk very well. The story they are carrying was in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno when Kashim Shettima was the governor.

“They picked that story and I, being CAN chairman, they now levelled it against me. I am just framed up and I don’t even have trust speaking with journalists, including you, because I don’t know what else you will write.”

https://punchng
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Jagabanofafrica: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Osinbajo is a fool, he should keep quite if he does not understand politics, he should focus on his pastoral job after HIS appointment as VP.

Yoruba lokan
Tinubu is the man

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by jaxxy(m): 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
Godbless u Osinbajo and even Buhari disagrees with the selfish ticket.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Newton2024: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
helinues:
Nothing as such

Next news pls
The Borno State Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria, Bishop Naga Mohammed, has described as untrue reports in the social media that he had supported the choice of a former governor of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Ibrahim Shettima by the All Progressives Congress as the running mate to its presidential flag bearer in the 2023 election, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

According to him, he neither granted any interview to any journalist nor issued any press statement to that effect.

Mohammed, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the story which had gone viral was taken from what he said in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno State at a time when Shettima was the governor.

He said, “I have not granted an interview to anybody and never issued any statement. Was it not yesterday (Sunday) they said they had appointed him (Shettima)? How come I granted interview at the APC secretariat?

“Nobody called me. No journalist called me, except when this thing happened, when the papers were carrying it viral, then people were calling me.

“Right now, I’m somehow angry and not even composed to talk very well. The story they are carrying was in 2017 when Boko Haram was devastating Borno when Kashim Shettima was the governor.

“They picked that story and I, being CAN chairman, they now levelled it against me. I am just framed up and I don’t even have trust speaking with journalists, including you, because I don’t know what else you will write.”

https://punchng
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by taiwolomo1: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Tinubu thinks he is wise and smart. He knew that the North will be averse to his choice of a Northern Christian that is why he carefully took his poison. That shows to say it will be hard for a Muslim from the south to become President.
but he is... And hes gona win with landslide grin
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Karma111: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
proff010:
Whatever he says doesn't matter to us. He was against jagaban before so all this thrash hold no water at all. Before it was bullionvan now it is Muslim Muslim. All I know is jagaban will rule us come 2023. Vote Apc.
Then be prepared to bury all your children that is if you even have a family or can even afford to have a family. Suffer never tire u
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by LordOfTheGame: 10:39am On Jul 12, 2022
proff010:
Whatever he says doesn't matter to us. He was against jagaban before so all this thrash hold no water at all. Before it was bullionvan now it is Muslim Muslim. All I know is jagaban will rule us come 2023. Vote Apc.

Jagabandit will rule you and your family members.
Say Amen to that.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Enyimbamercedes: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2022
Meat dey talk, kpomo say e get idea!

Yemi, sit out this one! You lost your voice for 7 years; it is too late to start speaking against your party over poor decision making.

Please stay quiet and next year you can retire into oblivion back to your chambers and pulpit!

SMD

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Jagabanofafrica: 10:40am On Jul 12, 2022
Dagenius53:
Who even take osinbajo serious?

An ingrate and useless man, dont mind the short man

Yoruba lokan

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Hydroxide(m): 10:41am On Jul 12, 2022
What Tinubu/APC is all about is to win the election and they are relying heavily on the uneducated, unenlightened northern votes to win. Tinubu should first of all, write off south south from his plans. Make he no just come south south to come campaign else we go Stone am. Insha Allah.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Softmirror: 10:41am On Jul 12, 2022
Honjoshy4u:
Osinbajo should wash his hands from that demonic muslim muslim ticket that will lead to the collapse of Nigeria if it scales through.

Tinubu is just a greedy desperate old man that will not perform or unify the country.
Every sane Nigerian must stop this wicked plot

OSINBAJO IS A LOSER. TINUBU HAS ALWAYS BEEN A WINNER IN ALL OF HIS LIFE. THIS NEXT ELECTION WON'T BE OTHERWISE.

JUST TAKE A LOOK AT THE FACE OF A LOSER WHO IS TALKING IN THE PICTURE BELOW grin.

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Zeemam: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2022
Muslim Muslim Ticket is unacceptable
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Komu1048(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2022
Dagenius53:
Who even take osinbajo serious?

Me smiley n who are you to speak for the people.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Princepioneer(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2022
Even Rochas and Orji uzor Kali are confused right now grin grin grin

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Senigentle(m): 10:44am On Jul 12, 2022
Now that is Muslim Muslim ticket, MURIC is silence...

That's a sign of hypocrisy...

If at hand we have a VP that is a Christian and the rate of killing Christian is this much, how much more when Christian does not have any representative in Govt..

This is an evil conspiracy and must be rejected at all cost

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Maynman: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Well in as much as the VP is right and we all are right to sympathize with our Christian community , what has the ticket of buhari and osinbajo muslim/Christian achieved since 2015 till date . I rather choose competence also but then you cannot just overlook the killing of the Christians and understand this country is not just ripe to have a Muslim/Muslim ticket at least for now ..

If Muslim/Christian couldn’t achieve anything, it’s now Muslim/Muslim ticket that will work? How does that logic work?
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2022
See Yeye Vice President that is even worse than a Buhari !!!���. Yes a hypocrite is worse than a perceived Enemy. Show where Osinbajo resigned to protest the senseless massacre of Christians Nationwide by Jihadist*?

Remind me again of how Osinbajo was of any importance to the Christians in Nigeria. I know Tinubu will show him pepper later though. For Reference purposes, see Ambode et Al.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Gentlevip: 10:47am On Jul 12, 2022
So osibanjo still get mouth to Chuck

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by syntekelite(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

Shettima is competence? You must be living overseas.... Below is part of the chess they played to destroy jonathan's presidency with shettima the spearhead.. also where is dasuki?? The so called looter of billions of dollars?? Kuje prison which has always housed political prisoners was broken into no mention of dasuki..till you get into the corridors of power just a lil bit before you begin to u.stand how dark it is..especially in naija..

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Ddokie: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

So shettima is competence personified right?

You should be talking to people from Bornu state let them give you gist about the type of person shettima is.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by frugal(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
Well in as much as the VP is right and we all are right to sympathize with our Christian community , what has the ticket of buhari and osinbajo muslim/Christian achieved since 2015 till date. I rather choose competence also but then you cannot just overlook the killing of the Christians and understand this country is not just ripe to have a Muslim/Muslim ticket at least for now ..
That's the problem. There's no competence anywhere. They're both highly incompetent and outdated for the job.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

But, christians arent the only one being killed muslims are victims too
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Ikpaitid: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
Judas still has a voice?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by simplesearch: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

Harry Trumer accepts that whatever the turn of events in US as far as he presides over its affair he takes the blame. A president takes all the blame not with his VP even though it's a joint ticket, because it's a known fact that most leaders with their unbridled ego hardly take cogent advise from their vice except where it becomes impossible to do otherwise. Reason deputies are known as spare tires. You can see the few instances Osibanjo held sway in Buhari's absence, people wished he never returned because he was able to unite the country and settle age long grievances where they exist, that's the litmus test. Take this, meritoriously for every one competent Muslim, there are 20 competent Christians for the same position. So excuse for Muslim joint ticket on the ground of competence is irritating to the ears, even military didn't toe this line during their time not to talk of now that we are in a democratic dispensation.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by theamazonguru(m): 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

Don't let's lie to ourselves.
For once let's be true to ourselves.

Does the candidacy of KASSIK SHETIMMA answer the Competency question?
One with a questionable allegiance with the Boko Haram terrorists?
An alleged sponsor of the dare devil group?

Is he more competent than the arrays of options the APC has?

Honestly we are a bunch of unserious people. We deserve the kind of leaders we get.

We are not ready yet.
We need to learn from the people of SRI LANKA.

Gosh.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Mathew5000: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2022
True Christian in Apc supporting Islamization in Nigeria are playing with Hell fire not good for the gospel of Christ. An anti-christ is your Vp.This is an anti-christ movement which must be resist.What shall it profit a man to gain the world and loose his soul.There is judgement
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Softmirror: 10:49am On Jul 12, 2022
Zeemam:
Muslim Muslim Ticket is unacceptable

DEMOCRACY IS A GAME OF NUMBERS. IT IS SIMPLE ARITHMETIC AND SO STRAIGHT FORWARD. A PEOPLE MARRIED TO TWO,THREE, FOUR WIVES PLUS SO MANY CHILDREN IS FAR A BETTER CHANCE AND CHOICE BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY, MAJORITY CARRIES THE VOTE. IT IS THE REALITY WITHOUT SENTIMENT.

THAT A MUSLIM FAMILY IN THE NORTH WILL CHUNK OUT MORE VOTE THAN A CHRISTIAN FAMILY OF ONE MAN AND ONE WIFE WITH ONE OR TWO CHILDREN.

TINUBU IS A PRACTICAL MAN.

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by PHIPEX(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2022
Tinubu wants to use his remaining few years on earth to great a generational problem for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by kingyakos: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:

Nonsense
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Ournolly: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Funflipper:

Even with the country in such a mess?
Osinbajo isn't in charge, we all see how well he did when afforded the opportunity.
Tinubu is a walking fraud.
Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by Ofiadiegwu: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Totilopussylick:
APC may have shot itself on the foot with this kind of ticket, and the tensions going on in the party and the country since the announcement was made is a bad thing,” the source said.

This is one choice Tinubu will forever live to regret.

As obnoxious as this matter is, just ask yourself: Muslim+Muslim ticket/Christian+Christian ticket;
Is Nigeria actually for one faith?

Has the Constitution of Nigeria been neglected to this extent?

So Tinubu is also skewed in mind like this?

Yoruba Muslims are indeed problem to this country, (except for few good ones)

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo, Tinubu On Collision Course Over Muslim-muslim Ticket by MRSALT: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2022
phemmyjohnson:
which competence? If competence is considered, is Tinubu more competetent than Osinbanjo? Is Shettima more competent than Boss Mustapha, the SGF? I believe Tinubu was made deaf by the gods, to rescue Nigeria from Buhari Pro-Max experience. Imagine Nigeria where Tinubu as President is in London hospital for treatment, and Remi, his wife, Sheyi, his son, and MC Oluomo, his ADC form the new cabals. Nigeria will not last 2 years of Tinubu Presidency.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wike: Why I Did Not See Obaseki When I Visited Edo / Dokpesi’s Car After Assassins' Attack / MURIC Accuses Governor Adeleke Of Marginalizing Christians In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.