Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 PM

Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice (35426 Views)

Lady Breaks Off Her Engagement With Her Abroad Boyfriend Because Of His Sister / 'I Need A Wealthy & Handsome Boyfriend, I Don't Care If He Is Gay- Lady / “My Boyfriend & I Broke Up 2 Months Ago, He’s Getting Married To Pregnant Lady" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
chatinent:

Uncle met you. He said he wanted to marry you within four months while in Nigeria.

I used to rate you but your comment on this matter belittles your intelligence, forget the likes. You assumed too much and sounded like one of 'em bitter redpillers. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Insectkiller: 10:28pm On Jul 14, 2022
For once:

Say the truth and shame d devil..

Tell him, u intended to leave dis hellfire(Naij) to earth (US).

Let him know that ur pvvzzy is ever ready and wetter that the oyinbos..

Thank me later

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Slmgirldippussy: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

So which one is I want to use him to travel now??

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad
Or how do I solve this issue??

Ps he has been U.S citizen from the beginning of our relationship.
Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.

Has he been sending you money
Have you been billing him

Has your family been calling him our husband
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Venekconsultt: 10:52pm On Jul 14, 2022
let me sum my observation in just 5steps
1. i believe{a greater percent } any1 who loves another{and is serious } will either make plans in making you move over or atleast come for a week- a month visit
2. you depend on him to a large extent
3. i feel you are a man with a female moniker
4. if no 3 is false then work on improving no2
5. breaking up or continuing depends on you after doing all the additions and substractions

i just hope you don't find the above disrespectful.

e author=Iamyemmie post=114716133]Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

The problem started when I started talking about marriage cos I want to settle down.
Now he told me he feels I want to use him to travel abroad, that statement really pissed me off because at the beginning of the relationship he was the one that wanted to marry like 3months after we started but I told him I wasn’t ready and I didn’t know him enough.

I feel like maybe because I keep talking about the marriage stuff, that’s why he thinks it’s because of traveling.

I’m thinking it’s only break up that can solve the issue. Cos if it comes from me, then that’s a clear message I’m not dating for abroad

Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.[/quote]
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Obitroy(m): 12:39am On Jul 15, 2022
[quote author=Kollins11 post=114716186]Your boyfriend is a real nigga. He knows you're a cheap girl and you don't have value just like ₦5.

You're talking as if you're a faithful girlfriend... Why can't you go settle down with Kunle that stays in Ikorodu? or Kareem that stays in Mushin?

Wait... If the guy was in Nigeria will you date him?? Because he stays abroad you wanna force him to come settle down with a "thing" like you.

Madam, go and marry that guy who stays in Ajegunle that has been disturbing you.. And leave that America dude alone.

Worthless wh*res everywhere.

[Men I love this GUY if all men can open eyes and be wise like you this world will be a bittersweet for the ladies open your eyes guy's]
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by wisemum: 3:24am On Jul 15, 2022
I see so many insults. But how have you been dating someone for 2 years who stays in the US? Are you sure you have a relationship at all? When the relationship was 3 months, you didn't know him well enough. How did you now know him well enough without him staying in the country? You've been dating yourself. The guy has nothing serious for you. You really come across as someone who just wants to use "marriage" to travel. Sorry.

4 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Wiinnd(m): 3:31am On Jul 15, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Hi everyone, so me and my bf have been dating for 2years + now, no issues. He’s in the states and I am in Nigeria.

Just didn’t accept cos he might be a serial killer or woman beater or something, I didn’t know him well enough.
Men, you have the time, let the ladies have the watch.

Men,
She's milk,
You're wine,

TIME is the ceteris paribus.

One spoils with time, the other matures with time.

If she wasted her time, she has no moral authority in seeking standards and self-entitlement.

Unfortunately, I don't make the rules.

#MasculinitySaturday
#Amerix

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by MadarasBlade(m): 7:14am On Jul 15, 2022
Ninisun:

You no dey dig gold too? Who poverty help? Abi you are praying for your sis' to be with poor men? You have time to be typing epistle on top person matter. Your own sisters might be worst sef. Your comment sounded so bitter, abeg change.

You no like poverty but can't work your way out of it, isn't that madness?

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 15, 2022
MadarasBlade:

You no like poverty but can't work your way out of it, isn't that madness?

And who told you the OP is jobless And who told you I am jobless too? Abeg carry your myopic mind out of my lane.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by juman(m): 9:05am On Jul 15, 2022
America.
The land of lot of money.
Where hard working people make load of money.
But the lazy type groan, grumble and lament blaming their village people.

American forefathers built a classical country.
But most of their politicians of todays are stupid.

God bless ordinary American.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by juman(m): 9:07am On Jul 15, 2022
The curse of God on the military generals that primarily ruined Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Nonexisting: 10:13am On Jul 15, 2022
I came late to the party but let me state it clearly that I'm proud of that our brother abroad. He has contributed towards restoring the dignity of man without knowing and may God bless him.

1 Like

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by omolasho: 10:22am On Jul 15, 2022
This long epistles you mad o!

chatinent:

Uncle met you. He said he wanted to marry you within four months while in Nigeria.

You said no. You said it was too early. You said you needed to know him better. You didn't even give him a timeframe as to when you think it's possible. No wahala.

Uncle travelled oversea. Some 24 months later, you are feeling insecure about what he'll be doing with ladies there and wants to settle down. Uncle is pissed off because he feels he had asked you before the abroad plan and you rejected because you wanted to seek God's info, but now he is abroad, you are certain he relocated from one estate in heaven.

Hanty, so you no know say man wey tell you e wan marry after three months of dating has no time for the long dating waiting process...and fit don marry within two years?

I know you didn't want to agree then so you wouldn't look cheap or desperate, but how can you look cheap then! No bi him suggest am? No bi him meet you? Una Naija girls tho. If you no fit marry am you tell the person, no bi say it's too early. It's too early for marriage but not too early for dating for two years? Na diploma? Na this same “I don't want to look cheap and desperate” don make Bisola turn 49 and all her prayer points don bi “God when.” Of course, because society has time to remember every lady out there unmarried and getting overripe.

Person propose to you, you reject am. How dare you propose now? You get mind o.

I no dey force you into marriage but if you mah know say he is marriageable, by now una for don marry with kids, probably with him overseas.

NOW, THAT'S YOUR OWN STORY. HERE'S WHAT I THINK HAPPENED:

You didn't want to marry him while in Nigeria because he seemed broke to you!

Na as you hear US later, oil begin commot your body.

You ladies are funny sometimes. You need revelation from God for six months to know if a not too wealthy guy is for you but a rich man is the answered prayer and your opportunity comes but once...and you feel the rich guy has no common sense? You feel he doesn't feel he is doing you a favour?

A lady who says she is not ready for marriage then that is now disturbing for marriage is actually inviting sb to use and dump her. If you say you aren't ready for marriage then, keep quiet until he asks again. Repeatedly saying it is suspicious abeg.

To me, dating is for marriage straight-up. Since I don't cheat, I no get time to come dey share girlfriend with dick-hungry Nigerian wild guys. Now imagine the girl disagreed and I come travel from that location she come dey yarn okoto later. No nah.

If you wanted to end it, you would have...na the abroad string wey dey make am difficult for you.

Believe me, if the true story is that you rejected his advances while in Nigeria but are now eager for marriage while he is abroad, you have been dating yourself....and will continue to be used by him...yet the one thing about you that will relocate abroad will be your imagination.

Uncle is now woke and has realized that after all, you aren't bringing anything to the table. I know you'll say you are the table. Well, you don't have table manners.

Please break up with him.
I have no option for peace.

Sorry, I don't mince words.
Have a nice century.

Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:50am On Jul 15, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Nothing, but they are a prized possession among Nigerian ladies.

No be for this same Nairaland you dey shun one of your colleagues wey dey seek a diasporian guy. grin

Or a certain Cyn.thie55 who clung unto a relationship with her boyfriend in Italy despite tell-tale signs it was over.

Let me not even mention many of the countless real life examples I have encountered. grin

You fit no rate them oh, but many of your colleagues do.

Who no like better thing? cheesy

Well, while you may be right, it's different for me.

In fact, when a man tells me he is abroad and I'm here in Nigeria, the relationship has 90% tendencies of failing. Plus, they act like demigods who think every girl is out to use them to "japa". Abegi. Empty mindset. Prized possession indeed.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Raalsalghul: 11:05am On Jul 15, 2022
In fact, when a man tells me he is abroad and I'm here in Nigeria, the relationship has 90% tendencies of failing.

Long distance relationship na waste of time (PDP): people deceiving people.

Plus, they act like demigods who think every girl is out to use them to "japa". Abegi. Empty mindset. Prized possession indeed.

But there is no lie in the bolded, however I guess it's their reaction to such knowledge that you have especially one that comes with pomposity.
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by opeyy(f): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2022
wisemum:
I see so many insults. But how have you been dating someone for 2 years who stays in the US? Are you sure you have a relationship at all? When the relationship was 3 months, you didn't know him well enough. How did you now know him well enough without him staying in the country? You've been dating yourself. The guy has nothing serious for you. You really come across as someone who just wants to use "marriage" to travel. Sorry.

wisemum, Please collect cold malt and suya, on me!! cheesy

OP, please know that this is the 'default' position of many peeps in diaspora. I would suggest that you don't take it personally, if you truly love him, he would know/feel this. If you feel that breaking up will make him realise how much you mean to him, do this, however, you should know that it does not work for everyone and if he does not love you, he would move on very quickly.

Have you both been seeing each other, i.e. does he visit you often?
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by olagunjuolawuyi(m): 11:51am On Jul 16, 2022
dear little sis i want you to believe and have faith because we men are scarce, so scarce.but he you don't love him you can quit
Re: Problem With Abroad Boyfriend,i Need Advice by Loreettaa: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
cooooooks:
Ah. How will I know about baby mama-ship (which cannot even be an insult as a strong minority of our people are baby mamas/papas).

These are the overall themes that I recall from interactions. Perhaps, if it was a year ago, I would have had more specific issues.

As for the guys, I respond to them too. Even on this trend, there is a guy that has colonial mentality with the white women or nothing mindset.

Even in an earlier comment, I said gender wars are stupid. That, surely, was directed to all. Finally, I have been using the "Alfa Mail" phrase to parody many (fake) men's rights rabble rousers (I believe I got that from Loreettaa).

Do you see now...

You and begoniaa sitting on your bed
K-I-S-S-I-N-G

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DJ Bullet Ugwumgbor Emmanuel Is Dead, Electrocuted In Delta (Photos) / Cute Pre-Wedding Pictures Of Two Lawyers / Help! My Girlfriend Caught Me With Her Mother On Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.