Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) (9726 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Snail Farming Journey / My Cucumber Farming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Saemyhal(m): 12:16am On May 26, 2023
Hello bro .. Congratulations on your Journey.
Please I have a few questions for you ..
1, What do you feed your mature Turkeys?
2, My Turkeys are laying egg but they are breaking it, what do I do?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Raph82(m): 4:31pm On May 27, 2023
Saemyhal:
1, What do you feed your mature Turkeys? It all depends on your target. Are you planning to fatten them up for slaughter/ live sales, or you want to raise female turkeys to produce fertile eggs to hatch with incubator? If for producing poults (Turkey chicks), then once around 7% to 10% of your flock is laying consistently, you can change your feed from grower to layer mash.
2, My Turkeys are laying egg but they are breaking it, what do I do? You have extra work to do then, some factors can bring about that. Check if the pen is conducive enough for them, avoid overcrowding.
How many are the females? How many males do you have in the same pen with them?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by sunbreaker: 10:20pm On May 27, 2023
Saemyhal:
1, What do you feed your mature Turkeys?
2, My Turkeys are laying egg but they are breaking it, what do I do?
just kill it,once they have the taste of egg yolk no egg will survive again.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2023
Morning my fellow farmers.

Quick update!!

My turkey refuse to lay another egg for like 3good days, I was down and stress plus not feeling happy about her new development.

So, I was told it will lay again due to this is her first time of laying egg.
On Sunday I packed the 3eggs she layed and take it home to enjoy my sunny day.
Funnily she layed again on that Sunday afternoon, I was so pain.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:17am On Jun 02, 2023
My wonderful turkey is doing her work. She's now giving me egg everyday.

If she can later hatch all her egg, I will really treat this egg with love.

I may carry her go one eatry to just surprise her and buy her a lot of candy 🍬 and chocolate... 😂 😂

4 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
My turkey started brooding yesterday 6th 06 2023. Hopefully in the next 28 days I should be expecting a new poult to strengthen my journey.

She layed 10eggs in total, but I chop 3 out of it. I need to eat the fruit of my Labour. 😂 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by doctorexcel: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
Joining the thread late. I hope there is space for latecomer.

All in all, you are doing well
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:00am On Jun 08, 2023
doctorexcel:
Joining the thread late. I hope there is space for latecomer.

All in all, you are doing well
The night is still young!!
You arrived at the right time.
Thanks for joining the journey....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2023
Having difficulty to post since morning what wrong @seun. grin grin
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hurry!!! ❤

My turkey hatch 0n (02 /07 /2023) with a total of 8poults.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2023
Am having it hard to post their Pic.....

I think it time to open another trend for this journey.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
Pic

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Foodqueen(f): 4:49pm On Jul 04, 2023
Why not collect those babies and nurse them seperately. I heard turkey aren't good at taking care of their young ones. ( Uncommon opinion though).
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 5:28am On Jul 05, 2023
Foodqueen:
Why not collect those babies and nurse them seperately. I heard turkey aren't good at taking care of their young ones. ( Uncommon opinion though).
Have done that already, she hatch all her eggs.
I'm supper excited... 😋😋

6 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Wiseking00(m): 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2023
Did you take the poult away from the turkey as they are hatching it or what? Because my two turkeys were killing theirs as they were hatching them one by one.

I took the last one they hatched and they didn't hatch the remaining eggs.

One is currently sleeping on the eggs now . please advise

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:26pm On Jul 07, 2023
Wiseking00:
Did you take the poult away from the turkey as they are hatching it or what? Because my two turkeys were killing theirs as they were hatching them one by one.

I took the last one they hatched and they didn't hatch the remaining eggs.

One is currently sleeping on the eggs now . please advise
No, I waited till she hatched all the eggs before I packed the chick 🐥 to a safer room to brood...

More so, I treat my turkey in a special way when she's sitting on the eggs....

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Good morning all, been a while I posted my journey here. I've been busy plus I feel like giving up along the way.

But ain't giving up, am still strong despite the challenges.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2023
How my turkey chick journey went.....

I lost two out of the 8poult
Sold 2 when they're 2week old

I sold another 3 about 2week ago
Total amount I sold the 5poult =#15,000

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2023
Tommymoses:
How my turkey chick journey went.....

I lost two out of the 8poult
Sold 2 when they're 2week old

I sold another 3 about 2week ago
Total amount I sold the 5poult =#15,000
Why did you sell?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2023
Pic of the 8poult

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:13am On Oct 10, 2023
Am left with just 1 out of the 8poult, I reserve just one for breeding purpose.

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2023
My mother turkey started laying again after 3month she hatch last batch.

Will post the Pic later today....
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:51am On Oct 10, 2023
Hamzashaf99:

Why did you sell?
People are on my neck to sell for them, as far as delta state I got a call that I should way bill the like 5poult to them...

And man need money.... 😂 😂

3 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:53am On Oct 10, 2023
Tommymoses:
My mother turkey started laying again after 3month she hatch last batch.

Will post the Pic later today....
I got to their pen today I realize they've broke the egg....
We move regardless..

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Goodnews!!!

My turkey layed another egg today, after they step on the previous egg.

I pray she lay upto 20eggs and hatch it all this time around....

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2023
Good news!!

My turkey will hatch her 6egg tomorrow ..
The egg has crack already.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by rainmoredays: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2023
You are Congratulated

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by AgubataAkokwa: 9:24am On Nov 14, 2023
Interesting

Op pls how many months does it take from hatching to market size

What is the current price of poults now

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:02am On Dec 05, 2023
AgubataAkokwa:
Interesting

Op pls how many months does it take from hatching to market size

What is the current price of poults now
7month for local turkey.
3500 for 6weeks

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Foodqueen(f): 5:19am On Dec 10, 2023
Tommymoses:

7month for local turkey.
3500 for 6weeks

Hi, my turkey is brooding and I discovered she didn't even come out to eat yesterday at all. Is it normal?

And it's started brooding when the eggs was 8, but it has increased to 12 now. Thought it was suppose to start covering after she might have lay all her eggs.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2023
Foodqueen:

Hi, my turkey is brooding and I discovered she didn't even come out to eat yesterday at all. Is it normal?

And it's started brooding when the eggs was 8, but it has increased to 12 now. Thought it was suppose to start covering after she might have lay all her eggs.
That's their nature! Just leave her to do her thing.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05
Pls my people I never forget to update you guys but for now, Corn3 too hard.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Green House Farming: Curbing Tuta Absoluta. The Tomato Headache. / Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil / This Is For Agric Students And Farmers Who Want To Earn 7 Figures Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.