Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) (9736 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Snail Farming Journey / My Cucumber Farming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
fashionnisir:

Any improvement, the male turkey seems to be bigger than the felmale tukey. The male organ will not be able to deposit it sperm for ferlization.
Our compound is secure with a well fence and a gate, but they gate is always open during the day and if I let loose my turkey it won't stay indoor.
My turkey like bushing area and love to roam around the street.
That's how okadaman almost crush her to death...
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:

I kept it inside a cage and I just want to move it inside our kitchen.

Okay. Hope it won't use poopoo to finish your kitchen sha

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by kay29000(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:

Our compound is secure with a well fence and a gate, but they gate is always open during the day and if I let loose my turkey it won't stay indoor.

Has the turkey started chasing people now?

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 5:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
kay29000:

Okay. Hope it won't use poopoo to finish your kitchen sha
grin

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by fashionnisir(f): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
Tommymoses:

At the point of laying eggs, always check the busy to see if it laying somewhere, in other to pick there eggs, they like laying in the bush.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
fashionnisir:

At the point of laying eggs, always check the busy to see if it laying somewhere, in other to pick there eggs, they like laying in the bush.
Thanks I will do that.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Subonbon(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
eskuvoisrael:
How does one differential between Male and female turkey?
it's a female turkey bro...... Female always have a shorter snood.... It doesn't grow longer...
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Hamzashaf99(f): 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
This your turkey story ehn. So funny.

Hope she can lay some eggs before Christmas so we won't have to eat her.

3 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:57am On Oct 09, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
This your turkey story ehn. So funny.

Hope she can lay some eggs before Christmas so we won't have to eat her.
LOL.
I was even contemplating to kill it today...

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Ade3131: 12:23pm On Oct 09, 2022
Tommymoses:

LOL.
I was even contemplating to kill it today...

I knew it'll get to this sooner than later from moment you said you're relocating it to the kitchen. I said to myself that the pot is closer than ever.

Just to note. Your Turkey won't start laying anytime soon and the reason is that she's probably still recovering from the hit and okada accident. She doesn't really look healthy enough for me, and this imply that you need to either get her multivitamins and good layers mash chicken feed. Her calcium levels need to be at the right amount to develop egg shell internally. Those 2 accidents must have taken it's toll on her.

5 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ade3131:

I knew it'll get to this sooner than later from moment you said you're relocating it to the kitchen. I said to myself that the pot is closer than ever.

Just to note. Your Turkey won't start laying anytime soon and the reason is that she's probably still recovering from the hit and okada accident. She doesn't really look healthy enough for me, and this imply that you need to either get her multivitamins and good layers mash chicken feed. Her calcium levels need to be at the right amount to develop egg shell internally. Those 2 accidents must have taken it's toll on her.
I concur with you, but av done that about 3weeks ago or so when she bend down by herself ready to mate.

But ever since then she's not showing any signs of laying eggs after she has mate Several times.

Even my dad said I should just kill it today....
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Nicepoker(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2022
Tommymoses:
My turkey of 9months is yet to lay.
And the male of 1year plus I borrowed 3weeks back cross it.
I also pined down the female so the male climb her and mate her still no results.

Pls any suggestions?
you pined down the female grin

4 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:37pm On Oct 11, 2022
Just got another set of poults!!!

Will later post their Pic....

Should I open another thread for my new babies turkey, or I should do it here.

Any suggestions?.

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by FarmTech(m): 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2022
Tommymoses:
Just got another set of poults!!!

Will later post their Pic....

Should I open another thread for my new babies turkey, or I should do it here.

Any suggestions?.
Better to continue here. I've been contemplating turkeys too.

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:02am On Oct 12, 2022
FarmTech:

Better to continue here. I've been contemplating turkeys too.
Thanks buddy for following D thread.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2022
I bought the turkey @ the rate of #3800.
I was surprised when the dealer said she beg to find the one I bought from her.

I bought five of them (3hen poult 2tom poult).
Let see how this one goes..
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2022
Their Pic........

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2022
I don't want to misplace priority, that's the essence of creating this topic.

I'll open a new tread trend for my new turkey, in order not to mix the 2 together....

Thanks All..
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by todto: 1:32am On Oct 17, 2022
Tommymoses:
I bought the turkey @ the rate of #3800.
I was surprised when the dealer said she beg to find the one I bought from her.

I bought five of them (3hen poult 2tom poult).
Let see how this one goes..
Do you mean #3800 per one or the total of them all?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:06am On Oct 17, 2022
todto:

Do you mean #3800 per one or the total of them all?
#3800 per each at 8weeks...
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by todto: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2022
Tommymoses:

#3800 per each at 8weeks...
It is quite expensive there, at myside in Enugu state an 8 weeks turkey geos for 2500 to 3000

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2022
todto:

It is quite expensive there, at myside in Enugu state an 8 weeks turkey geos for 2500 to 3000
Very expensive the last one I bought, I bought it at the rate of #2500 this year Feb directly from farm.
But this one is from middle-men so I knew he put his own charge over it...

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good evening great ppl..

Have discussed this my turkey issues with lot of people, but at the end of discussion (EOD) I knew the turkey can not lay neither hatch due to the incident that happened about how bike man crushed it.

So I decided to roast it this December with special egusi soup with pounded yam(Iyan to fele bi eti grin).

Thanks for following this thread.
Note: I would continue this thread with the new poult turkey I just got.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Today make it exactly one week I got the 5 poult turkey...

During the course of the week, I noticed 3 of them are not eating neither drinking. Immediately saw their reaction,i combat it with my super combo of scent leave and bitterleave.

They are doing better now and they at like hungry lion.

4 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
I bought the 5 turkey at the rate of #19000
#3800 PER EACH.

I know they dump me but
"WE MOVE"

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2022
Happy new month.....

I'm super excited to watch how this my turkey grow rapidly they're just 2month plus.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:50pm On Nov 29, 2022
I decided to change this thread topic in order to give it a new look.

You can journey with me(follow this thread) on this new adventure, have wanted to start this project since year 2020, but due to unplanned circumstances I just did a batch of it and later kill all the rest of my turkey.

I bet you can start with me and you wouldn't regret......

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2022
I clear their new house on 27th Nov 2022, I use our abandone kitchen for their new house..

3 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
I went to sawmill for sawdust to spread on the floor, I packed till I got exhausted...

I brought the sawdust home to spread on the floor

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
I later transfer the turkeys to their new home...
They feel reluctant because of the new atmosphere...

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by stanvesco(m): 11:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
Tommymoses:
I clear their new house on 27th Nov 2022, I use our abandone kitchen for their new house..

Ara adugbooo come ohhhh.
Come ohhhh
Turkey don get 2bedroom flat ohh

Araaaaa adugbooo

Seun

Lalasticlala ooh

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is For Agric Students And Farmers Who Want To Earn 7 Figures Income / We Specialize In Supply Of CASTOR SEEDS / Semi-automated Battery Cages And Incubators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.