Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) (9728 Views)

Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. / My Snail Farming Journey / My Cucumber Farming Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 5:41pm On Jan 02, 2023
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!

May this year Favour every aspect of our life's...
Hope you guys are enjoying the new year in New Dimension.

Please save more and spend less.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 5:45pm On Jan 02, 2023
My older turkey end up in a pot of egusi and by God grace I will pound yam tonight to enjoy the good Labour of my work.

3 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 5:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
We are getting there slowly....

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Hamzashaf99(f): 10:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
Tommymoses:

Unfortunately she later end up in pot of Egusi, I kept to my words
Why now? I was so happy.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2023
Hamzashaf99:

Why now? I was so happy.
Emabinu Ma (am sorry Ma)

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
Good day all.....

My turkey are now fighting for superiority its high time I separated the two male I got.

I too love this journey so far and I pray I landed gloriously...

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Hamzashaf99(f): 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tommymoses:
Good day all.....

My turkey are now fighting for superiority its high time I separated the two male I got.

I too love this journey so far and I pray I landed gloriously...
Planning to join you soon, God willing.
I asked and was told that a male and female would cost me 5k at one month old.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 4:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hamzashaf99:

Planning to join you soon, God willing.
I asked and was told that a male and female would cost me 5k at one month old.
5k for 4week poult?
Pls check other place, 5k is too high for that 4week old poult.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Sukkyy2010: 5:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tommymoses:
My aim is toward what I can achieve with this turkey farming within 3 years of practice...

Good afternoon Great Farmer!!

I bought this turkey about 7 months ago and I was told is a male turkey.

I was confused and feel cheated because by now a 7 month turkey should at least be chasing people around my compound.

Pls I need clarification is this Male/Female turkey οΏ½?.
Three years experience and your yet to identify the gender actuality.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tommymoses:

5k for 4week poult?
Pls check other place, 5k is too high for that 4week old poult.

Oh. Thank you. I thought I was getting it cheap
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good evening guys...

Hope you guy are coping with this cashless policy, it's being a week now since my turkey feed got exhausted, the feedmiller said she won't accept transfer base on no network.

But have been giving them cassava waste to feed on.

One thing abi t the cassava waste is that, the cassava waste produce maggots by itself, a very big maggots and the turkey like it....

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Ryan03(f): 3:31pm On Feb 16, 2023
Tommymoses:
Good evening guys...

Hope you guy are coping with this cashless policy, it's being a week now since my turkey feed got exhausted, the feedmiller said she won't accept transfer base on no network.

But have been giving them cassava waste to feed on.

One thing abi t the cassava waste is that, the cassava waste produce maggots by itself, a very big maggots and the turkey like it....
pls which one is cassava waste? Cause my feed finished this morning and I don't have single cash to buy anything, I only have 80 naira with me at home. And with this recent protest in Benin, even pos sef, person nor see use. I refused collecting money before the protest cause I can't use 1k to collect 5k but with this one eh, If I see, I go collect.
I just hope they accept transfer in the feed shop cause that is my only option for now. Going there tomorrow

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:38pm On Feb 16, 2023
Ryan03:
pls which one is cassava waste? Cause my feed finished this morning and I don't have single cash to buy anything, I only have 80 naira with me at home. And with this recent protest in Benin, even pos sef, person nor see use. I refused collecting money before the protest cause I can't use 1k to collect 5k but with this one eh, If I see, I go collect.
I just hope they accept transfer in the feed shop cause that is my only option for now. Going there tomorrow
I feed them with cassava waste plus the maggots I generate from the cassava waste.

I only use the cassava waste as suppliment for them since they really loved it, you can get it from those people doing Fufu...

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 10:40pm On Feb 16, 2023
They're 5month now!! ❀

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2023
Wahala! Wahala!! Wahala!!!

Help!
My female turkey want to mate with my male turkey.

I was surprised when the male turkey bend down and the female turkey wanted to climb the Tom.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Dogzoneng: 8:09am On Mar 01, 2023
Really funny. Please how do you clean their room?
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 11:26am On Mar 01, 2023
Dogzoneng:
Really funny. Please how do you clean their room?
I make use of broom just to sweep the surface of the sawdust.

Or change the sawdust completely.

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by officialfestus(m): 10:54am On Mar 05, 2023
Interesting. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:15pm On Mar 07, 2023
One more step baby....

This hen turkey likes to climb my lap or sit on my hand just for me to cuddle her πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I pray she's good mother when the time come..

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:24pm On Mar 07, 2023
Welcome you all to their six months...

Turkey is fun to raise plus less stress, I await the arrival of their first ever eggs, let see how it's goes.

I just discover two of my were kind of cross breed and they're giant compare to other..

For instance, the multi-color Tom started gobbling at 5month while the other male is just roaming around their pen likewise the female is so big like their over 7 month.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Shuaib90(m): 11:37am On Mar 08, 2023
Hello @Tommymoses,

I was a turkey farmer too before I got a bank Job. Solution to you waiting for your turkey's eggs is this.

Kindly get a poultry where you can buy fertile eggs, then get a matured local hen (Chicken). let it lay and ready to brood, then exchange it eggs with that of the turkey, within 27 - 30 days, you would have turkey chicks. You shouldn't put more than 6 eggs of the turkey because of the size.

After it hatch the chicks let it keep them for like two week. Then they are good to go.

Also, they are good mothers compared to the turkey. By doing this, you're getting your chicks the best and secured local way.

Regards.

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 1:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
Shuaib90:
Hello @Tommymoses,

I was a turkey farmer too before I got a bank Job. Solution to you waiting for your turkey's eggs is this.

Kindly get a poultry where you can buy fertile eggs, then get a matured local hen (Chicken). let it lay and ready to brood, then exchange it eggs with that of the turkey, within 27 - 30 days, you would have turkey chicks. You shouldn't put more than 6 eggs of the turkey because of the size.

After it hatch the chicks let it keep them for like two week. Then they are good to go.

Also, they are good mothers compared to the turkey. By doing this, you're getting your chicks the best and secured local way.

Regards.

Thanks Sir..

I'll follow as you've instructed.
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Baitullah: 11:21pm On Mar 20, 2023
Hello, you are doing good bro. I also have turkeys from two months back. They are almost 4 months.

The problem I have is the pox forming around their mouths (two of them) and its degenerating, causing blindness.

though they keep growing since I manage the condition and help them eat well. I have used pox killers and all but it keeps coming back.

Have you had such experience? What was your treatment method if yes?

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 1:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
Baitullah:
Hello, you are doing good bro. I also have turkeys from two months back. They are almost 4 months.

The problem I have is the pox forming around their mouths (two of them) and its degenerating, causing blindness.

though they keep growing since I manage the condition and help them eat well. I have used pox killers and all but it keeps coming back.

Have you had such experience? What was your treatment method if yes?
I experienced it when they're 4month old, I did not buy any synthetic drugs, I no get money to waste. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I mixed kerosene and red oil together and apply it on the affected area and afterward rub lime orange on it.

Do this for 5 day and give God the glory....
Best wishes bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:25am On Apr 11, 2023
Happy 7th month to us from GoG farmπŸ¦ƒπŸ¦ƒπŸ’πŸ’
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 9:28am On Apr 11, 2023
Let the journey began!! ❀

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by ChngedChnges(m): 11:52am On Apr 11, 2023
Tommymoses:

I experienced it when they're 4month old, I did not buy any synthetic drugs, I no get money to waste. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I mixed kerosene and red oil together and apply it on the affected area and afterward rub lime orange on it.

Do this for 5 day and give God the glory....
Best wishes bro.
Lol, native doctor vibes

2 Likes

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:40pm On May 21, 2023
Happy Sunday guys!!

This is just the beginning of this 3years challenge. It was all fun and fantastic also had it bad days as well, to say the fact I enjoy every bit of this journey so far.

Yesterday Mark an historical event in this wondrous event has my turkey lay it first egg ever. I was filled with joy as I set my eyes and hand on the egg.

I pray the turkey become a good mother.
Amen...

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 7:57pm On May 21, 2023
Pic

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 3:58pm On May 22, 2023
I check where my super turkey lay the first egg I could see she had lay another egg making it two eggs.

My prayers is for her to be a good mother, have place some piece of cloth under the egg in other for it not to break.

I also talk to an electrician to help me some light in their apartment. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by markkyony(m): 12:10pm On May 23, 2023
I thought if you touched the eggs, it won’t hatch it
Re: 3years challenge with Turkey farming.. (journey with me) by Tommymoses(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2023
markkyony:
I thought if you touched the eggs, it won’t hatch it
Yes if your hand is wet.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Green House Farming: Curbing Tuta Absoluta. The Tomato Headache. / Fresh Lettuce.... The New Green Crude Oil / This Is For Agric Students And Farmers Who Want To Earn 7 Figures Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.