Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Relationship Dilema - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Dilema (334 Views)

Relationship Dilema / Relationship Dilema Pls I Need Advice / Pregnancy Dilema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Dilema by Faithy99: 12:53am On Jul 17, 2022
My relationship is causing a rift between I and my parents. I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for six years, we started dating from our university days.

I'm currently working and he owns a business of his own. I earn higher than him, he also doing well in his business.

We both plan on settling down before the year runs out but my mum has vowed never to give her approval. Her reason for this is that he is not up to the standard of man she envisaged for me, she wants someone of high class.

I am deeply in love with this guy and have no plans of leaving him. All attempts to plead with my parents to see reasons with me has been futile. We both live in different states, the nature of my job allows me to relocate.

Each time he comes to my house to visit, he is not given any attention. My dad on the other hand says as long as my mum doesn't approve he wont partake in it

My boyfriend is getting fed up of the whole situation because each time I travel down to see him my mum calls him on the phone and rains insults on him to leave her daughter alone.

I have been quiet with my parents just to give them that respect but I currently cannot take it anymore.
Re: Relationship Dilema by uchenageme(m): 2:20am On Jul 17, 2022
Very simple. If you are sure he won't disappoint you. Get pregnant for him. Your parents will be begging him to come and marry you

1 Like

Re: Relationship Dilema by Hizzojay(m): 3:13am On Jul 17, 2022
uchenageme:
Very simple. If you are sure he won't disappoint you. Get pregnant for him. Your parents will be begging him to come and marry you

Whilst this to me is going the extreme to prove your love for this young man in question, I’ll also want you to be aware that it may lead to the “outright disowning” from your parents. Even though I’m not in support of your mum’s choice of dislike towards this young man, I don’t think you’ll be able to handle the output of their venom.

Your parents, most especially your mum, is wrong for her verbal outburst to your man, your dad is also not helping matters and behaving like what our kids on this forum will call “a simp”. They are supposed to encourage you, ‘cos in the end, they won’t live in the marriage with you. Should anything happens to you during the marriage, all they’ll be saying is “Shebi we warned you?”.

I really do hope that this man you’re fighting this battle for is worth the “bloodshed”, otherwise your fighting is in total futility.

Tbh, if I were the man, I would have called it quits with you from the first sight of your mum’s venomous insults to me. Same I did with one of my exes when she said her aunt weren’t in support of her r’ship with me because I come from the same tribe with her dad. Apparently, her dad maltreated her mum before she died. Guess what, years later she regretted listening to them and allowing our relationship to die a natural death.

If you truly love this man and won’t want to live a life of regret in a decade’s time, do everything possible to make sure you stick by him. Don’t be like my regretful ex!
Re: Relationship Dilema by HopeNeverDies: 3:17am On Jul 17, 2022
Damnnn!!!!! If definitely you love him and you see future with him... Pray to God to let him Guide you.

I swear to God, few of the crashed marriages outside now is casued by most parents... And it's usually those moms.

They tend to grow old and leave the daughter alone to face her life as time goes on.

Sometimes you need to defy your Parent warnings or whatever for whom your heart choose.
Re: Relationship Dilema by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 17, 2022
Re: Relationship Dilema by WorldsNumber1: 7:15am On Jul 17, 2022
If I was in your bf’s shoes, I will simply walk away even tho the love is true. Not being in good terms with in-laws can be very disastrous.

(1) (Reply)

Funniest / She Almost Made Me Fall / NEVER Care What People Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.