Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election (29241 Views)

Why Labour Party Cannot Win Lagos Gubernatorial Election / Peter Obi: Factions In Labor Party Leadership Threaten Presidential Ambition / Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by brainhgeek(m): 4:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
This election should teach Labour Party members a lesson , Labour Party has no structure and had less than 3000 votes in the whole osun. What does that tell you ? It tells you That APC and PDP remains the major parties in Nigeria. Be realistic to yourself and pick PDP if you know you don’t want the Muslim Muslim ticket or a drug dealer as our president!!

Good morning and happy Sunday

Wrong assumption.
Nigerians are not voting Labour Party,they are voting Peter Obi
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 4:29pm On Jul 17, 2022
brainhgeek:

Wrong assumption.
Nigerians are not voting Labour Party,they are voting Peter Obi
in the ballot papers Peter obi isn’t written there

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by seunjungle1(m): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2022
Me no go follow you die there, na you only go die there alongside your co-obituary

advanceDNA:

Lol...leave realistic....why are you trying to cajole obi followers ..if e sure for you...wait till election and let obi lose honourably..

See we dont know about any other election ...people supporting obi dont even know other labor party contesters at state and other levels..
...but u see this presidential election...we die there for peter obi
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by pacespot(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
This election should teach Labour Party members a lesson , Labour Party has no structure and had less than 3000 votes in the whole osun. What does that tell you ? It tells you That APC and PDP remains the major parties in Nigeria. Be realistic to yourself and pick PDP if you know you don’t want the Muslim Muslim ticket or a drug dealer as our president!!

This is a warped analysis, a look at the SDP party performances, for instance, in both Ekiti and Osun States should tell you that people are not voting for political parties but the candidates. SDP came second in Ekiti state with 200k votes or so because of their flag bearer Segun Oni, but the same party could not even muster up to 1k votes in Osun.

Let me tell you this, most of PDP supporters in Osun will vote Peter Obi in the presidential election. Labour Party candidate in Osun, Lasun, came to the campaign rather too late, I only got to know about him just about a week ago, how can such person win a governorship election in Osun against for instance the Adeleke family that has been in the forefront of political campaign for decades?

So the outcome of this governorship election is not the loss of LP, Viz. Peter Obi, but APC. It is even more of a win to LP than a loss.

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by olwatoyinbello: 4:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol...leave realistic....why are you trying to cajole obi followers ..if e sure for you...wait till election and let obi lose honourably..

See we dont know about any other election ...people supporting obi dont even know other labor party contesters at state and other levels..

You die there, dem go Bury you for there.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by IncredibleWrite: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

Your trick to get us to vote PDP is dead on arrival. Forget Osun, you see this Presidential election? We full ground. We are voting individuals not party.

You should be smart to see the handwriting on the wall.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by sisisioge: 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
gentiles:

Local Yoruba woman, it is Actually, not 'Assually' Omo Ibadan

grin grin grin

I skipped that part in school....will go apply for a partial refund tongue
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by brainhgeek(m): 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
in the ballot papers Peter obi isn’t written there

I am sure you understood the use of words but if you claim you don't, I will say it in simple terms 'Nigerians are voting for the person of Peter Obi irrespective of the party whose flag he flies.
I am sure they would have rallied around him if he went to SDP too. It's a revolution, an uprising and to some, a revenge voting.
When was the last time you saw or heard of Nigerians donating money to sponsor the campaign of their preferred aspirants? I am very sure that at least, 80% of Obidients are not on the member list of the Labour Party. They just want to cast their vote for the man Peter Obi and make a statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by advanceDNA: 4:42pm On Jul 17, 2022
olwatoyinbello:

You die there, dem go Bury you for there.

No be today people dey die for nigeria..oga face your candidate
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by einsteine(m): 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
ccffwx:
Tell that to BAT. Peter Obi has already won the presidential elections. Keep crying!

Lol.

Mark this post. Peter Obi will not win more than one state and would come 4th overall.

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by advanceDNA: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2022
seunjungle1:
Me no go follow you die there, na you only go die there alongside your co-obituary

Face your candidate.....
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by franchasofficia: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

Osun people voted for the candidate not for the party. Even if Adeleke was in RDP, he would have won.

Adeleke won the election not PDP.

Nigerians are voting for personality and no longer party after APC and PDP combined failures.

Lasun does not have the personality to win Osun people's votes. Lasun was in APC not long ago, so Osun people still see him as part of APC who lost out and went to LP to try luck.

Besides, Osun people wanted to try a Christian in the person of Adeleke, so Lasun was out of the equation completely. Labour Party weren't even that interested in promoting Lasun in Osun left for social media outcry for Obi to visit Osun.

Lastly, supporters of Peter Obi know only Peter Obi for President, they have little or no interest in State Governorship elections for now, they are squarely focused on winning the Presidential election first and they know only Peter Obi for now.

What I am even scared of is that 2023 Presidential election might end up in a rerun because none of the candidates will win more than 25% in all 6 geopolitical zones.

Obi has won Southeast 98%

Obi is winning Southsouth by 65%

Obi is winning North central by 55%

Obi will get 35 to 40% votes in Southwest.

With this, Obi has already won the 2023 election, go and check the organic movement going on in all Nigerian regions as we speak, it has gone beyond online or social media noise like some called it initially
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by BluntCrazeMan: 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

Let us waste our votes..
And let whoever that wins win.
Don't distract us.
Who is the Mod who pushed this PDP Campaign post to the front page sef.??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Bigchristo22(m): 4:44pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

This man ideas are wrong, The reasonable Nigerians including some APC and PDP members and followers will be voting for Peter Obi in labor party, I once see Oshiomole campaigning for people to vote for Good luck Jonathan during his first tenure election in Benin and meanwhile Oshiomole is already a sitting governor then, Labour Party may have no structure but Nigerians will vote for the candidate they field as flag bearer, it’s a case of not voting for party but for the candidates.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
Osun people voted for the candidate not for the party. Even if Adeleke was in RDP, he would have won.

Adeleke won the election not PDP.

Nigerians are voting for personality and no longer party after APC and PDP combined failures.

Lasun does not have the personality to win Osun people's votes. Lasun was in APC not long ago, so Osun people still see him as part of APC who lost out and went to LP to try luck.

Besides, Osun people wanted to try a Christian in the person of Adeleke, so Lasun was out of the equation completely. Labour Party weren't even that interested in promoting Lasun in Osun left for social media outcry for Obi to visit Osun.

Lastly, supporters of Peter Obi know only Peter Obi for President, they have little or no interest in State Governorship elections for now, they are squarely focused on winning the Presidential election first and they know only Peter Obi for now.

What I am even scared of is that 2023 Presidential election might end up in a rerun because none of the candidates will win more than 25% in all 6 geopolitical zones.

Obi has won Southeast 98%

Obi is winning Southsouth by 65%

Obi is winning North central by 55%

Obi will get 35 to 40% votes in Southwest.

With this, Obi has already won the 2023 election, go and check the organic movement going on in all Nigerian regions as we speak, it has gone beyond online or social media noise like some called it initially
dreamers
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Chidex50(m): 4:47pm On Jul 17, 2022
If you think Adeleke won because he's in PDP,you lie. His people loves him. I even supported him in place of the Lasun of LP,AND that's to tell you that 2023 is not gona be a business as usual. Trust me,people won't vote based on Party lines again.Know that and know peace .Stop playing Psychological games on PETER OBI Supporters!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by JoeNL22(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

Oga.....we voted Jonathan because of personality. We voted Buhari because we wanted him to fight corruption. We will and must vote obi because we need not want a better Nigeria for our children unborn.
If you notice this trend since 2011 in Nigeria, you will see people voting for personality not party since 2011, aka "I have no shoes- Jonathan ".
And the reason why people tell other people to vote PDP instead of LP is because of structure. Bro, structures nowadays won't work, we saw it in 2015 & 2019 (Presidential elections), Edo no be Lagos, now Osun no be Lagos. Thank God the electoral act law is in place to checkmate anything funny. Afflictions will not rise again the 9th time. You should understand that Nigerian elections are changing. Hence politicians must work for their votes.

2 Likes

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Seunfunmi18(m): 4:51pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
that’s not correct , every state is alienated to a party with people who have followers that have followers that has followers, Winning an election is collective effort of important persons in a community.

This your school of thought is really amusing.
Important persons you say, hence the reason why Nigeria is in a shit hole for 24yrs now.
My vote and who I'm giving is my decision and no one can influence that.
You prolly still dwelling in the past, seems you don't know how agitated Nigerians are.
Just campaign for your candidate and stop downsizing the influence obi is having.
People ain't voting for parties, I would implore you do the same also.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by franchasofficia: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2022
brainhgeek:

I am sure you understood the use of words but if you claim you don't, I will say it in simple terms 'Nigerians are voting for the person of Peter Obi irrespective of the party whose flag he flies.
I am sure they would have rallied around him if he went to SDP too. It's a revolution, an uprising and to some, a revenge voting.
When was the last time you saw or heard of Nigerians donating money to sponsor the campaign of their preferred aspirants? I am very sure that at least, 80% of Obidients are not on the member list of the Labour Party. They just want to cast their vote for the man Peter Obi and make a statement.
Sound it louder for these old party rats to understand.

I don't know how Labor Party membership card look like, neighter my friends. But we all, including my entire household are voting for Labor Party even if its raining with thunder that day unless INEC postpones the election.

99.9% of people campaigning for Peter Obi for President are not Labor Party member and don't care to become one but they care so much to vote for Obi and not just voting, we are contributing money to make sure he wins.

Peter Obi supporters aren't expecting him to give them a dime to make them vote, instead they are raising the fund to help him win but these our party rats don't understand what's going on.

2023 Presidential election is going to be a revolutionary election not just the normal one. People are so agitated and can't wait to cast their vote for Peter Obi. If Peter Obi decamps today to SDP, the same supporters will follow him there and vote without structure.

They should allow Nigerians carry out this first time experiment and let's see and learn from the outcome

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 4:55pm On Jul 17, 2022
pacespot:

This is a warped analysis, a look at the SDP party performances, for instance, in both Ekiti and Osun States should tell you that people are not voting for political parties but the candidates. SDP came second in Ekiti state with 200k votes or so because of their flag bearer Segun Oni, but the same party could not even muster up to 1k votes in Osun.

Let me tell you this, most of PDP supporters in Osun will vote Peter Obi in the presidential election. Labour Party candidate in Osun, Lasun, came to the campaign rather too late, I only got to know about him just about a week ago, how can such person win a governorship election in Osun against for instance the Adeleke family that has been in the forefront of political campaign for decades?

So the outcome of this governorship election is not the loss of LP, Viz. Peter Obi, but APC. It is even more of a win to LP than a loss.
just the same way APGA won’t get more than 2000 votes in delta state. We know these thing, some parties have good structures in some states, no be today , this is a general election and LP no fit win this election it will only share votes for pdp
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by JoeNL22(m): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
JoeNL22:

Oga.....we voted Jonathan because of personality. We voted Buhari because we wanted him to fight corruption. We will and must vote obi because we need not want a better Nigeria for our children unborn.
If you notice this trend in Nigeria that people started voting for personality over party since 2011, aka "I have no shoes- Jonathan ".
And the thing I have noticed about people tell other people to vote PDP is because of structure. Bro, structures nowadays won't work, we saw it in 2015, 2019, Edo no be Lagos, now Osun no be Lagos. Thank God the electoral act law is in place to checkmate anything. You should understand that Nigerian elections are changing. Hence politicians must work for their votes.
Ohhh.....1 more thing. I would rather waste my votes on the "STRUCTURELESS DEMOCRATIC PARTY"aka Labour party for peter obi, than to vote for a horrible ATIKUlated ABUBAKAR

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 4:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
Seunfunmi18:

This your school of thought is really amusing.
Important persons you say, hence the reason why Nigeria is in a shit hole for 24yrs now.
My vote and who I'm giving is my decision and no one can influence that.
You prolly still dwelling in the past, seems you don't know how agitated Nigerians are.
Just campaign for your candidate and stop downsizing the influence obi is having.
People ain't voting for parties, I would implore you do the same also.

then you obviously don’t know politics.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Morphinne: 4:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

Ok.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by brainhgeek(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
Sound it louder for these old party rats to understand.

I don't know how Labor Party membership card look like, neighter my friends. But we all, including my entire household are voting for Labor Party even if its raining with thunder that day unless INEC postpones the election.

99.9% of people campaigning for Peter Obi for President are not Labor Party member and don't care to become one but they care so much to vote for Obi and not just voting, we are contributing money to make sure he wins.

Peter Obi supporters aren't expecting him to give them a dime to make them vote, instead they are raising the fund to help him win but these our party rats don't understand what's going on.

2023 Presidential election is going to be a revolutionary election not just the normal one. People are so agitated and can't wait to cast their vote for Peter Obi. If Peter Obi decamps today to SDP, the same supporters will follow him there and vote without structure.

They should allow Nigerians carry out this first time experiment and let's see and learn from the outcome

Good to hear. Please let us take it one step further by educating our old folks with the knowledge of what the Labour party logo looks like. They won't see the name or image of Peter Obi on the ballot paper, only logo of the party. I believe that that is where we can equip our old folks to win this race for themselves, their kind and their children.
It is indeed an experiment worth trying
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Seunfunmi18(m): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
then you obviously don’t know politics.

I don't even have the energy for this.
I accept, I don't know politics.. Are we good?
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 5:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Seunfunmi18:

I don't even have the energy for this.
I accept, I don't know politics.. Are we good?
we weren’t bad, we are very good , if you don’t know the influence of people in politics then no wahala
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Jack500: 5:08pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
I’m a southerner, it’s better than allowing tinubu win with his Muslim Muslim ticket.

I am southerner too, and no way for another Fulani man after Buhari in 2023, Osibanjo is a Christian VP how did he help you or help the south? Traitors like you need to be dealt with
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by pfadom: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
You need to recalibrate.

What kind of Obi presidency do you imagine, if Labour Party has no reasonable seats in the National Assembly? Do you envisage a presidency that is vulnerable to impeachment or at best would not be able to make any headway due to legislature politics?

Don't let people think that the Obidient are sheer ignorant and excluded from true politics.

It should also be about the party and not PO alone.

advanceDNA:

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:10pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

I will respond to you using Ekiti gubernatorial election. Segun Oni, who was loved by the people moved to SDP, a hitherto very weak almost inconsequential party and came second with tens of thousands of votes. Don't forget that Obi left PDP, he is a southern Christian, infact the only serious Southern Christian in the ballot. Asiwajus Muslim/Muslim ticket will completely divide votes for him in the South West with most Christian voters going for Obi. Already Pastors are ready to Campaign heavily for Obi. I mean very heavily.

You will understand the concept of voting for individual and not voting for party. In Osun State, the Labour party candidate Mr Lasun was a member of APC just a few months ago and people still see him as a member of APC albeit an aggrieved one. So, that was the dynamics that played out. Wait when Obi goes to Osun to campaign for President, you will see the difference!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by franchasofficia: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
dreamers
One of my Zonal Pastors who was viciously supporting Osinbajo and even convincing members to vote Osinbajo is now Obidient. In his words, what an insult on the followers of Jesus Christ. He said what they (referring to Tinubu and APC) are saying is that followers of Jesus Christ in the whole Northern Nigeria are corrupt and incompetent to be ordinary VP talk more of President. Which means that Christianity only breeds corrupt people while Islam produces upright people. He was so angry saying this.

He said to all Christians in Nigeria, if you for any reason vote for APC, then it means you do not trust and believe in Jesus Christ, it means you agree that Jesus Christ cannot produce men and women of integrity, it means you are wasting your time as a Christian, you better convert to Islam.

This is a known Yoruba Pastor not Igbo not Ijaw.

Nobody in the south is even talking about Atiku because we all believe its the turn of Southern Nigerians and not just Southern Nigerians but the turn of Southern Christians to produce the next President after a Northern Muslim if not, Muslims will rule Nigeria for decades before Christians will ever smell that seat again.

As for middle Belt people, Fulanis have killed them enough, fulanis have thought them bitter lessons and they will never support another Fulani man, that's why Benue State Governor isn't throwing his support for Atiku. Middle Belt will never vote massively for Atiku after Buhari have shown them shege, if they do, in fact I have friends there and they are saying God forbid!

So relax, wait and see. We want to experiment new idea with Peter Obi and if it fails let whoever wins win and lets all suffer whatever consequences together
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by OKC22: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
2023 elections is between APC and PDP
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by franchasofficia: 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
pfadom:
You need to recalibrate.

What kind of Obi presidency do you imagine, if Labour Party has no reasonable seats in the National Assembly? Do you envisage a presidency that is vulnerable to impeachment or at best would not be able to make any headway due to legislature politics?

Don't let people think that the Obidient are sheer ignorant and excluded from true politics.

It should also be about the party and not PO alone.

As soon as Peter Obi wins bro, you will see a mass decamping of politicians to Labor Party. As soon as Peter Obi wins in 2023, APC will die a natural death like SDP after 1993 election. Watch and see.

The only hope of APC continuing as a political party is if Bola Tinubu wins in 2023 but God forbid BAT thing!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

36 State Governors' Message To Gambari, Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff / Pictures Of Projects Commissioned By President Buhari In Ogun State. / Okowa: It Is Unlawful For Zamfara To Control Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.