Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election (29233 Views)

Why Labour Party Cannot Win Lagos Gubernatorial Election / Peter Obi: Factions In Labor Party Leadership Threaten Presidential Ambition / Zoning Vs Winning The Election: South-South Cannot Win Presidency - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by deeva2: 6:27pm On Jul 17, 2022
my3name:

Make the drug dealer be the president
we no got vote PDP or apc

Hope u are aware that names like chidi, okoro, emeka etc dominates both local and international list of drug traffickers..

Find the fact because u argue..

2 Likes

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by advanceDNA: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Tamilore11:
May fire ur burn ur mouth on dat day. I see ur penis shrinking on dat day. I see u crying in pains as u watch ur penis being crushed. Cry me a river of sorrow. Let me see it flow.

Comedian....this one don dey run madt ooo...
Just becos we no gree vote for your recycled thieves....na him make u curse this much...??

Enjoy your day man..

May it be unto you as u wish for others
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by deeva2: 6:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
pacespot:

This is a warped analysis, a look at the SDP party performances, for instance, in both Ekiti and Osun States should tell you that people are not voting for political parties but the candidates. SDP came second in Ekiti state with 200k votes or so because of their flag bearer Segun Oni, but the same party could not even muster up to 1k votes in Osun.

Let me tell you this, most of PDP supporters in Osun will vote Peter Obi in the presidential election. Labour Party candidate in Osun, Lasun, came to the campaign rather too late, I only got to know about him just about a week ago, how can such person win a governorship election in Osun against for instance the Adeleke family that has been in the forefront of political campaign for decades?

So the outcome of this governorship election is not the loss of LP, Viz. Peter Obi, but APC. It is even more of a win to LP than a loss.

Keep deceiving urself..

U mean if Adeleke had run under LP or Accord he will get that number of votes..

Or Lasun under pdp, he wud get that shameful number of vote.

Obi's case go be like Madueke Godwin during Anambra election

1 Like

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by advanceDNA: 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2022
pfadom:
You need to recalibrate.

What kind of Obi presidency do you imagine, if Labour Party has no reasonable seats in the National Assembly? Do you envisage a presidency that is vulnerable to impeachment or at best would not be able to make any headway due to legislature politics?

Don't let people think that the Obidient are sheer ignorant and excluded from true politics.

It should also be about the party and not PO alone.

U do not get it...we are at tgat point where we will rather throw away our votes to obi or sowore....than give it to recycled thieves, convicted drug barons...

But if you are not there yet..no wahala ..vote for your drug barons or other recycled theives

Is it not whem APC won that people started decamping to APC......watch and see..
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Papichulostunne(m): 6:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
This election should teach Labour Party members a lesson , Labour Party has no structure and had less than 3000 votes in the whole osun. What does that tell you ? It tells you That APC and PDP remains the major parties in Nigeria. Be realistic to yourself and pick PDP if you know you don’t want the Muslim Muslim ticket or a drug dealer as our president!!

Good morning and happy Sunday

Madam before you rush to type nonsense, that is a state election.. Did Obi contest for the governorship election and didnt win? You seem to come from the breed of shallow thinkers.. My dear as wise as those people are they threw sentiments out the window and voted competency.. They voted their will through the ballot

If they repeat the same in the presidential before you beg your boyfriend for data to post shit. Thanks in advance

"I congratulate Senator Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), on his victory in the Osun gubernatorial election. The people of Osun have expressed their will through the ballot". - Buhari

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by zudozz: 6:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
In other words, you are saying PEOPLE cant win election?
Obi will win if the election is free and fair.
Even Buhari, Adesina, Lai Mohammed n co know this.

Better get used to that!
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by deeva2: 6:37pm On Jul 17, 2022
Newtownconcrete:

Why are you arguing with the majority?
Majority of Nigerians want Peter Obi. Abi na you want choose for the majority? Can't you feel the spirit in the air? Don't be left out bro. This is our last chance. It's not the name of the party that'll change Nigeria.

We're following labor party not because of its logo, it's color or the name of the party, But because of the personality that's contesting for President.
dnt mistake the political atmosphere in ur region as nigerians

you are just being deceived by twitter.. if truly nigerians want obi as u assumed we wud know from that labourers rally in osun.

Madueke treatment await obi come nxt year.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by richmanrichard: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
This election should teach Labour Party members a lesson , Labour Party has no structure and had less than 3000 votes in the whole osun. What does that tell you ? It tells you That APC and PDP remains the major parties in Nigeria. Be realistic to yourself and pick PDP if you know you don’t want the Muslim Muslim ticket or a drug dealer as our president!!

always resist the urge to shalaye.don't divert the attention that APC lost.Wailer! Your APC don go court to wail,join them.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by pacespot(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2022
deeva2:

Keep deceiving urself..

U mean if Adeleke had run under LP or Accord he will get that number of votes..

Or Lasun under pdp, he wud get that shameful number of vote.

Obi's case go be like Madueke Godwin during Anambra election

Let me make something clear to you, Labour Party popularity is mostly presidential and centered around Obi, and this is because APC decided to play pranks with Nigerians by nominating a sickly old man like Tinubu as their Party's flag bearer. If another more credible candidate had emerged from APC, people wouldn't have been shouting Obi and LP as today. In essence, If Tinubu hadn't emerged, Obi's popularity, and consequently Labour Party's, wouldn't have gotten this much acclaim. APC and PDP remain the top two political parties at any other levels of elective positions in Nigeria today, but the presidency remains a three horse race between Labour Party, PDP and APC. The popularity of Labour Party in any election other than presidency would be determined by the candidate it presented at that level. So you get it?

2 Likes

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by danigbo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 17, 2022
The fact that pdp won in osun does not mean osun people will not vote Apc in the presidential election.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by victorsola: 7:07pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

that means There was no dignity in obis labour on Saturday. With his confidence he got 2700 votes. Nice
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by zionstaar75: 7:09pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
the only reason you can say this is because your father is gay! So I don’t blame you
but it's an open secret nah,can u swear you don't know. He's the king of gays in Nigeria. I don't care about insults u see,I'm insulated to it and am just laughing at u
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by zionstaar75: 7:13pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
the only reason you can say this is because your father is gay! So I don’t blame you
hehehe why u taking it personal. Its an open secret. If u don't know then ure quite ignorant then.i don't insult people so I don't care if anyone insults me or not.your principal is the king of guy,read my lips
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 7:15pm On Jul 17, 2022
zionstaar75:
hehehe why u taking it personal. Its an open secret. If u don't know then ure quite ignorant then.i don't insult people so I don't care if anyone insults me or not.your principal is the king of guy,read my lips
it’s an open secret your father is gay !!
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Fahd11: 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2022
The truth that Obi supporters won't accept is that Peter Obi CANNOT win the 2023 election. You cannot just start a third force movement barely a year into a general elections and expect to ride to victory especially in a complex country like Nigeria. A third force riding on whose back? In 2019, a third force movement was created with some of the most brilliant heads there, where did it lead to? In reality, even Obi himself knows that to win an election, there must be structures in place especially the grassroots and the hinterlands where real voting takes place. Who is voting Obi in Damaturu? Ipoti Ekiti? Patani? Gbaramatu? and some other very remote places?
I am not a fan of Tinubu and will NEVER vote for him but looking at his emergence as the face of the opposition before APC came into power, it was clear he spent years building people at strategic places along the length and breadth of the country. That made it easier for him to control the people and movement he has today. Even among the political elites, Peter Obi isn't rated at all. He is not seen as a thorough bred grassroots politician, rather just a technocrat. Kwankwaso is even a bigger politician than Obi because he not only has a massive movement in his home state, he has visible influence to some degree in the North. If Obi and Kwankwaso contest a national election one vs one, Kwankwaso will floor him no doubt, that is the realiity.
Forget the tribal sentiments, Obi does not even have a whole region to himself. How many traditional rulers in Igbo land has drummed support for Obi? How many Igbo billionaires have spoken for the Obi movement? How many Igbo youth movements have emerged for the Obi agenda? The truth is that the Igbo tribe has never had a united front politically even if sadly they are viewed as the minority in the country. We see daily even on Nairaland here how Igbos bash Yorubas, Yorubas bash Fulanis etc . You think all that won't come into play when the elections come? You think Obi will now be a magical unifier for all? Even if you are bringing him from the right hand side of God, it is not now at all.
The labour party doesn't even have a state under her control in the whole of the South East. How many national assembly members belong to the labour party? Online supporters will continue to say NIGERIANS will vote Obi, where are the vast Nigerians that will vote Obi ? This is a country more divided than ever across tribes, religions etc . This is a country controlled by the two major parties and all political gladiators belong to them. Even Apga that is a regional party doesn't have full control in the South East, not to talk of Labour party.
We also can't rule out the influence of the international community on our elections and sovereignty. Do they rate him with a strong outside chance? Do the US,UK,EU,UN etc, see him and rate his supposed influence? All these factors play when it comes to elections but some of you don't see it at all.
Some of the online supporters are beginning to say that people are now voting for individuals and not party. Well, that was one of the things that Buhari rode on during the 2015 elections. Mr. Integrity bla la bla, became Mr. Corruption pro max. The people really want a change of government now even more than 2019. Peter Obi talks well, no doubt. He talks policies, plans, economic strategies etc , and he would have been a better VP candidate now for someone like Atiku better than 2019. He would have been a better man to lead an economic team and probably grow more political clout to take over government afterwards.
Talking about Tinubu, he is a selfish individual and picking a muslim VP at this critical time of the country is wickedness. No sense of belonging for the other religion knowing how much religion plays big in our country. The trash talk of having a christian wife is nonsense to me because who sees Remi as a Christian in the real sense not to talk of being a pastor. Oshi,iranu. Tinubu is egocentric and arrogantly driven by the vast financial war chest he has and his always selfish ambitions. There is no guarantee that he would do better than the present, rather a puppet to continually serve the Fulanis as long as his pockets are filled.
On a final note, Obi's supporters especially the online supporters will do his political growth and ambition some good by stop being violent and insulting in their campaign. You can't force everyone to vote Obi and if you need more people in your fan base, you must apply courtesy, respect and modesty. Continuously insulting people who aren't in support of the Obi movement is doing more harm than good for Peter Obi.
Respectfully..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by deeva2: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
pacespot:

Let me make something clear to you, Labour Party popularity is mostly presidential and centered around Obi, and this is because APC decided to play pranks with Nigerians by nominating a sickly old man like Tinubu as their Party's flag bearer. If another more credible candidate had emerged from APC, people wouldn't have been shouting Obi and LP as today. In essence, If Tinubu hadn't emerged, Obi's popularity, and consequently Labour Party's, wouldn't have gotten this much acclaim. APC and PDP remain the top two political parties at any other levels of elective positions in Nigeria today, but the presidency remains a three horse race between Labour Party, PDP and APC. The popularity of Labour Party in any election other than presidency would be determined by the candidate it presented at that level. So you get it?

You and other online supporters/biafran are the ones shouting obi..The sick Tinubu is more active and healthier than most of obi supporters/ipob.

Like I said.. Madueke treatment awaits Obi nxt year.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Dottormentor: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2022
God bless you, please tell the dreamers
Shugavee:

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by zolajpower: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
that’s not correct , every state is alienated to a party with people who have followers that have followers that has followers, Winning an election is collective effort of important persons in a community.

Before the 2019 general election , APC that has obaseki as the governor then couldn't win his own state but pdp did ..... So forget about that idea of no structure. Labour party can give the bigger parties the run for their money
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Krismas(m): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
if tinubu win just know say you still contribute to am
grin Wot promotes ur delusion that Atiku is better than BAT?
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by TwoPheus: 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

Why single out LP out other 14 parties. What's the position of Kwankwaso's NNPP? How about Sowore's?
Babe, chill! Anybody can win in Osun,it doesn't matter, but that of presidency, forget it.It's for Labour.Take my words to the banks.

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Bayyajidda(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
if tinubu win just know say you still contribute to am

Who is this one? Gerrout... You emotional blackmail won't work. We ain't voting a criminal in the name of PDP.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Krismas(m): 8:06pm On Jul 17, 2022
Fahd11:
The truth that Obi supporters won't accept is that Peter Obi CANNOT win the 2023 election. You cannot just start a third force movement barely a year into a general elections and expect to ride to victory especially in a complex country like Nigeria. A third force riding on whose back? In 2019, a third force movement was created with some of the most brilliant heads there, where did it lead to? In reality, even Obi himself knows that to win an election, there must be structures in place especially the grassroots and the hinterlands where real voting takes place. Who is voting Obi in Damaturu? Ipoti Ekiti? Patani? Gbaramatu? and some other very remote places?
I am not a fan of Tinubu and will NEVER vote for him but looking at his emergence as the face of the opposition before APC came into power, it was clear he spent years building people at strategic places along the length and breadth of the country. That made it easier for him to control the people and movement he has today. Even among the political elites, Peter Obi isn't rated at all. He is not seen as a thorough bred grassroots politician, rather just a technocrat. Kwankwaso is even a bigger politician than Obi because he not only has a massive movement in his home state, he has visible influence to some degree in the North. If Obi and Kwankwaso contest a national election one vs one, Kwankwaso will floor him no doubt, that is the realiity.
Forget the tribal sentiments, Obi does not even have a whole region to himself. How many traditional rulers in Igbo land has drummed support for Obi? How many Igbo billionaires have spoken for the Obi movement? How many Igbo youth movements have emerged for the Obi agenda? The truth is that the Igbo tribe has never had a united front politically even if sadly they are viewed as the minority in the country. We see daily even on Nairaland here how Igbos bash Yorubas, Yorubas bash Fulanis etc . You think all that won't come into play when the elections come? You think Obi will now be a magical unifier for all? Even if you are bringing him from the right hand side of God, it is not now at all.
The labour party doesn't even have a state under her control in the whole of the South East. How many national assembly members belong to the labour party? Online supporters will continue to say NIGERIANS will vote Obi, where are the vast Nigerians that will vote Obi ? This is a country more divided than ever across tribes, religions etc . This is a country controlled by the two major parties and all political gladiators belong to them. Even Apga that is a regional party doesn't have full control in the South East, not to talk of Labour party.
We also can't rule out the influence of the international community on our elections and sovereignty. Do they rate him with a strong outside chance? Do the US,UK,EU,UN etc, see him and rate his supposed influence? All these factors play when it comes to elections but some of you don't see it at all.
Some of the online supporters are beginning to say that people are now voting for individuals and not party. Well, that was one of the things that Buhari rode on during the 2015 elections. Mr. Integrity bla la bla, became Mr. Corruption pro max. The people really want a change of government now even more than 2019. Peter Obi talks well, no doubt. He talks policies, plans, economic strategies etc , and he would have been a better VP candidate now for someone like Atiku better than 2019. He would have been a better man to lead an economic team and probably grow more political clout to take over government afterwards.
Talking about Tinubu, he is a selfish individual and picking a muslim VP at this critical time of the country is wickedness. No sense of belonging for the other religion knowing how much religion plays big in our country. The trash talk of having a christian wife is nonsense to me because who sees Remi as a Christian in the real sense not to talk of being a pastor. Oshi,iranu. Tinubu is egocentric and arrogantly driven by the vast financial war chest he has and his always selfish ambitions. There is no guarantee that he would do better than the present, rather a puppet to continually serve the Fulanis as long as his pockets are filled.
On a final note, Obi's supporters especially the online supporters will do his political growth and ambition some good by stop being violent and insulting in their campaign. You can't force everyone to vote Obi and if you need more people in your fan base, you must apply courtesy, respect and modesty. Continuously insulting people who aren't in support of the Obi movement is doing more harm than good for Peter Obi.
Respectfully..
grin grin By their ATIKUlation you shall know them. grin
Ur view on OBIdience maybe right, yet ur premise for ATIKUlating ur stance is ERRONEOUS grin
BAT’s choice of Muslim VP is political expediency more than any SELFISH considerations.
If u ask me, I never give any TOSS about political religion, to begin with. The present VP does not serve Christianity in any discernible way though he is a pastor!
In recent times the call has been intensified that political office holders should be made to swear oaths of office by local deities like Ogun, Sango etc. Because it almost an empty ritual placing their hands on the Bible. They just all false-Christians!
Then the problem BAT has up north is the feeling that he is difficult to control. He rides on ur platform then cease the platform from you completely. E.g AD from Afenifere! So, dats contrary to ur assumption that he is coming to cater to the whims and caprices of the Fool-ani.
Atiku on the other hand is the SELFISH ONE here. He left PDP to APC in 2011 under the pretext that it was NORTH’s TURN to produce the president. 8yrs later he still think its north’s turn? or president can come from anywhere bla-bla?
Obi can’t VP him. He already has led the PDP into considerable BLUNDERS and I honestly don’t even see how he will perform better in office than BAT
I will rather have BAT than have ATIKU
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2022
zolajpower:

Before the 2019 general election , APC that has obaseki as the governor then couldn't win his own state but pdp did ..... So forget about that idea of no structure. Labour party can give the bigger parties the run for their money
lol this comment is so naive. Pdp structure in edo state is not today’s market.
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Shugavee(f): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Krismas:
grin Wot promotes ur delusion that Atiku is better than BAT?
atleast Atiku is healthier
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by truthfinder319: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Obi can't win 60 per cent in the Southeast. PDP will share the region with Obi. Asiwaju will win SW, NW, part of NE and NC .
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by gulfer: 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2022
Nigerian youths will vote ab desired person come 2023 and not any of the humongous parties of thieves.... Osun voted Adeleke as a person and had nothing to do with PDP. Smell the cheese, all emilokan exponents, it is no longer business as usual. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by truthfinder319: 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2022
4th with 2k votes while 1st scored 403,000 and second scored 375,000. Is that even a 4th or some void votes mistakenly cast.

MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin
Labour Party with the all their big grammar even came 4th position in Osun State election
Labour Party should collapse their structure for Atiku like they did in 2019
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by aderoju3921: 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Keep deceiving yourself, mu.mu!!Keep deceiving yourself, mu.mu!!...
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Krismas(m): 8:22pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:
atleast Atiku is healthier
grin U couldn’t be so DEFINITE grin
Buhari didn’t look sick run up to 2011 or was he?
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Advancedman(m): 8:34pm On Jul 17, 2022
Shugavee:

You be tata and your logic stink.
The osun outcome will rather tilt people to their conscience and affirmation that any party or individual they chose will win as their vote shall COUNT.

Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Geenosko: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
Focus on your candidate and stop masturbating over labor party and Peter obi
Re: Labor Party Cannot Win The Presidential Election by Ajibocode1: 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2022
OSUN STATE ELECTION: The Power of the Masses Structure.

Out of the 9 members of house of representatives, PDP has 2, the rest are APC.

Out of the 3 Senators, PDP has 1,

Out of 26 members of the Osun State Assembly, PDP has only 2 and the rest are APC members.

The rest,

The Governor

Deputy Governor

Speaker

Deputy speaker

All the Commissioners

DGs

SSA

SSG

Tinubu factor

APC National Secretary

Vote buying

Power of Incumbent etc

Yet with all these so-called structures very active in state and national politics they couldn't make sure APC retain the state?

Don't be deceived, the structure is the masses. Once they decided on who they want, no political structure can change it.

The MASSES structure is the greatest Structure, not the political structure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link / SARS Killings: No More Use Of Gun During Operations – Police IG / Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.