Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,075 members, 7,818,219 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians (679 Views)

Should Men Still Help Women In Any Way Or Should They Help Fellow Men Instead ?? / 3 People You Shouldn't Help Financially (Allow Them to Suffer) / Need Urgent Help Fellow Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by ChizzyBuna(m): 1:27am On Jul 18, 2022
I was in ikorodu today, i entered bus and on the way i noticed smoke coming out from back seat.
Turns out the old rusty bus has a leaking exhaust pipe.
I shout that something is burning, the conductor look at me with evil eye and said something in yoruba ( i guess he was insulting me).
I started telling them that the carbon monoxide that is leaking from exhaust to inside the bus can cause poisioning.

To my greatest shock, none of the passengers showed concern, they were just inhaling it like its normal.
I tried opening the window it got stuck, one lady at my back started complaining that what is wrong with me, that why cant i stay one place.
At this moment i told driver i want to come down. He later stop somewhere and then conductor started yabbing me say i dey form big boy, why i no use uber.
I was just dumbfounded at the level of ignorance.
The worst part is their is a woman carrying a baby that was sleeping and she is not even worried the baby is been exposed to carbon monoxide leakage from exhaust.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by ChizzyBuna(m): 1:27am On Jul 18, 2022
When you try to educate some Nigerians instead of them to have open mind and absorb new information and learn.
They insult you
They start saying you are talking trash.
They start arguing with you

Im from PH and im new to Lagos
This experience showed me how many yoruba people are so illiterate. This can never happen in Ph. Them go change am for the driver.

1 Like

Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 18, 2022
Na so some people be
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by Anaaximander(m): 4:35am On Jul 18, 2022
Na Ignorance dey kill us for this country ajee grin

3 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by dollytino4real(f): 4:59am On Jul 18, 2022
My bros no stop to give advice where necessary

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by luwiizy(m): 5:17am On Jul 18, 2022
Give your advice but dont force it

2 Likes

Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by Kobicove(m): 6:00am On Jul 18, 2022
So long as the bus is moving and fresh air is entering from some of the windows the risk of serious carbon monoxide poisoning is low
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2022
Kobicove:
So long as the bus is moving and fresh air is entering from some of the windows the risk of serious carbon monoxide poisoning is low
In traffic, car stops and smoke still entering inside bus.
Only 2 windows are open, others are stuck.
Anyway, when you develop lung cancer una go dey shout my enemies my enemies.
Not knowing you are your worst enemy
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by ChizzyBuna(m): 7:42am On Jul 18, 2022
dollytino4real:
So if you see something dangerous, you should keep quiet and watch people die?

Walahi, you lagosians are a different breed of wild animals. This type of nonesense cant happen in PH.
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by sorepco(m): 8:47am On Jul 18, 2022
I can still remember telling some one sweeping and dumping lumps of trash unto the gutter. I stopped and told them it was a bad idea. That when it rains the drainage systems shall be be clogged/blocked and may lead to flooding. I was looked upon as an alien! Just shook my head and left...

dollytino4real:
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by dollytino4real(f): 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2022
sorepco:
I can still remember telling some one sweeping and dumping lumps of trash unto the gutter. I stopped and told them it was a bad idea. That when it rains the drainage systems shall be be clogged/blocked and may lead to flooding. I was looked upon as an alien! Just shook my head and left...

dat one e go hard 4 9ja to stop! Unless taskforce don hold somebody n dem pay fine
Re: Why You Shouldn't Help Fellow Nigerians by dollytino4real(f): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2022
ChizzyBuna:

So if you see something dangerous, you should keep quiet and watch people die?

Walahi, you lagosians are a different breed of wild animals. This type of nonesense cant happen in PH.
wike taskforce dey correct us here wella

(1) (Reply)

"It Is What I Love Doing" — Nigerian Woman Who Is A Bus Driver Speaks / Guys And Gals,i Need Your View On This.. / Lady Shows Uncommon Restraint after finding Hubby In Bed With naked Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.