Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. (1926 Views)

Army Officer Rushed To Hospital With A intimacy gadget Stuck In Her Private Part (Pics) / Ebonyi Man Dies While Having Sex, The Girlfriend Rushed To Hospital (Photo) / Lady Rushed To Hospital Because Her Boyfriend Got Married To Another Lady|| Pict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Ayanwukoma: 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
I was rushed to a mental asylum early this year due to substance abuse and had to spend a month plus in government centre hospital in my town.. the psychiatric section.. though my case wasn't at the mad critical stage but it was getting to it.. when I got there I realised that the doctors and nurses doesn't care if your mad or not as long as your their patient they treat you the same way they treat a mental violent patient....

the doctors insisted my mum can't be the one to look after me, that they required 2 able bodied men to be at my side at all times...but I wasn't misbehaving..like the violet ones there, they still insisted saying I won't be admitted if that's the case, we had to plead and employ a guy who works there and pay him 15k every week for doing nothing.

my elder brother was in school then, and we couldn't involve my cousins that means the matter will escalate farther.

it was a big hall with constructed chains on each bed, I met about 5 patients there.. 2 were violets while the rest were just like me calm who had the migraine in the head that comes and go. (like my head and ear wants to block from too much consumption of the drug that month) the expression on my mom's face really hunted me, her tears..because she was very scared and couldn't believe we were in this situation sleeping on a bed that had restraint and be looked at like a mad person from visitors who came to visit their people and passerbys in the hospital...

from what i observed been a mental patient, sometimes you can't just get a hold of yourself..it just like a container that's sealed tight and no penetration of air...the brain doesn't function at all.. like it's blocked from all sides....it's only God that saved me.
plus the expensive injection they injected me with everyday that costs 7k.. daily..(I took it for close to 3weeks)....that injection helps to make me sleep.. and when I wake up I feel refreshed and okay. but as soon as it wears off, the migraine starts coming back....

I could have opted to be discharged, but I needed thorough examining because I knew the road I was unto. thank God for my life, anyway it's been 3months have been discharged and doing mentaly okay.

please parents tell your children out there, to stay away from drugs it ruins...till now people who knew about my predicament..whenever they see me they still look at me as if I'm not balance yet. which is very annoying. but it's okay.
lalasticlala

14 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Bluezy13(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
"I could have opted to be discharged, but I needed thorough examining because I knew the road I was unto. thank God for my life, anyway it's been 3months have been discharged and doing mentaly okay."

This is the part that interests me.
I have done some research and read some books, yet I have not been able to come across a thorough, flawless and complete definition of "Madness".
An ex' madman once described madness as a totally different world of it's own which is peculiar only to the individual experiencing it. In his case, he used to see some glittering pieces like diamonds littered on the road of which he was always tempted to pick them...and he kept on picking them into his bag.
But in reality, he was picking rubbish in the streets and dumpsites. In the real world, he was seen as a madman but on the other side, he saw himself as a lucky person picking precious things.

Also, there is the common experience of talking while walking. But the individual experiencing it would always see someone or people communicating or following him while in reality, he is seen as a madman.

Does madness have a complete, flawless and generally accepted definition ? If there is any, I would love to know from others and please don't tell me what the dictionary or Google says; because they will give varieties of ambiguous and questionable meanings.
Preferably, anyone from the field of psychology.
Don't tell me that it is simply a mental disorder... you have to explain what you mean by "mental" and "disorder" in your context.

Please, I would love to know more of your experience of that state of mental disorder... How it was like.

6 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by EmzyT: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2022
Mad o

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by posty56: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

please parents tell your children out there, to stay away from drugs it ruins...till now people who knew about my predicament..whenever they see me they still look at me as if I'm not balance yet. which is very annoying. but it's okay.
lalasticlala
hmm thankGod for you ,did you interact with mad people? how was it?
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by nairalander2020(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2022
Thank God for your life.
In this life anything that doesn't fit you you should run from it that's what people say.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Toneypen247(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
Get well soon and stay out of drugs.

There are two major sources of knowledge:
1. Rationalism
2. Empiricism

You had both, but one I think just worked effectively....that is if you employ the first one to abstain totally from it. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by RedChiefPriest: 4:24pm On Jul 21, 2022
Lol I don't understand and will never understand why people use drugs.
I know life can be cruel and hard but drugs won't solve it and it is even more stupid when people using drugs and harmful stuffs as a form of celebration and enjoying life.
Like what's wrong with buying better peppersoup and palmwine to enjoy yourself instead of buying molly.
Na una sabi sef abeg do drugs everyday, do it 24/7 infact do it every minute of your life please.

Dj! 2 keg of palmwine, 1 for me and 1 for this Op.
Barman! Play me"E go soon clear for your eyes" by Robert Mugabe and Sheyi shay.

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by rocknation62(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ayanwukoma:
I was rushed to a mental asylum early this year due to substance abuse and had to spend a month plus in government centre hospital in my town.. the psychiatric section.. though my case wasn't at the mad critical stage but it was getting to it.. when I got there I realised that the doctors and nurses doesn't care if your mad or not as long as your their patient they treat you the same way they treat a mental violent patient....

the doctors insisted my mum can't be the one to look after me, that they required 2 able bodied men to be at my side at all times...but I wasn't misbehaving..like the violet ones there, they still insisted saying I won't be admitted if that's the case, we had to plead and employ a guy who works there and pay him 15k every week for doing nothing.

my elder brother was in school then, and we couldn't involve my cousins that means the matter will escalate farther.

it was a big hall with constructed chains on each bed, I met about 5 patients there.. 2 were violets while the rest were just like me who had the migraine in the head that comes and go. (like my head and ear wants to block from too much consumption of the drug that month) the expression on my mom's face really hunted me, because she was very scared and couldn't believe we were in this situation sleeping on a bed that had restraint and be looked at like a mad person from visitors who came to visit their people and passerbys in the hospital.

from what observed been a mental patient, sometimes you can't just get a hold of yourself..it just like a container that's sealed tight and no penetration of air...the brain doesn't function at all..it's only God that saved me.
plus the expensive injection they injected me with everyday that costs 7k.. daily..(I took it for close to 3weeks)....that injection helps to make me sleep.. and when I wake up I feel refreshed and okay. but as soon as it wears off, the migraine starts coming back....

I could have opted to be discharged, but I needed thorough examining because I knew the road I was unto. thank God for my life, anyway it's been 3months have been discharged and doing mentaly okay.

lalasticlala

Omo cold catch me shocked

This is not a good experience I must say
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Vix805: 4:45pm On Jul 21, 2022
EmzyT:
Mad o
you no b am oh��
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Ayanwukoma: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2022
Bluezy13:
"I could have opted to be discharged, but I needed thorough examining because I knew the road I was unto. thank God for my life, anyway it's been 3months have been discharged and doing mentaly okay."

I have done some research and read some books, yet I have not been able to come across a thorough, flawless and complete definition of "Madness".
An ex' madman once described madness as a totally different world of it's own which is peculiar only to the individual experiencing it. In his case, he used to some glittering pieces like diamonds littered on the road of which he was always tempted to pick them...and he kept on picking them into his bag.
But in reality, he was picking rubbish in the streets and dumpsites. In the real world, he was seen as a madman but on the others side, he saw himself as a lucky person picking precious things.

Also, there is the common experience of talking while walking. But the individual experiencing it would always see someone or people communicating or following him while in reality, he is seen as a madman.

Does madness have a complete, flawless and generally accepted definition ? If there is any, I would love to know from others and please don't tell me what the dictionary or Google says; because they will give varieties of ambiguous and questionable meanings.
Don't tell me that it is simply a mental disorder... you have to explain what you mean by "mental" and "disorder" in your context.

Please, I would love to know more of your experience of that state of mental disorder... How it was like.
like I said I wasn't really mad like the point of pickin things...I was on the way to it... if I wasn't rushed that night.. trust me. . it would have been another story.

I can only tell you about the transition stage.. trust me is something you don't want to experience..
the mental pain that comes With it
the mental disturbance
A case whereby you feel like to jump from a bus that was the stage I was in..or run naked.
I knew where I was heading.. people who saw me then thought I was okay the way I tried to comport my self all through.

but seriously I was dieing within... mental death
if I start to talk all through that month, even After I was discharged..I still felt it worse coming.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Bluezy13(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

like I said I wasn't really mad like the point of pickin things...I was on the way to it... if I wasn't rushed that night.. trust me.

I can only tell you about the transition stage.. trust me is something you don't want to experience..
the mental pain that comes With it
the mental disturbance
A case whereby you feel like to jump from a bus that was the stage I was in..or run naked.
I knew where I was heading.. people who saw me then thought I was okay the way I tried to comport my self all through.

but seriously I was dieing within... mental death
if I start to talk all through that month, even After I was discharged..I still felt it worse coming.

I think the mental pain and disturbance that you experienced only manifested because you were partially conscious of your original self. It was like two individuals in one body fighting for dominance.
Perhaps the mental pain and disturbance may not have been felt by you if you had transited to the madness stage.
This is because, a fully transited madman is not cognizant of his real environment. A madman "does not" know he is experiencing mental pain and disturbance because he is not aware of himself.
Although this may depend on the category and degree the mental disorder called madness and the individual experiencing it.
I may be wrong.

I was made to understand that the difference between craziness and madness is that the former is triggered at intervals while the later is concurrent. Maybe what you experienced was "Craziness"... I may be wrong too.

I'm glad you're okay

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by tunji2wise: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
i can relate although mine was not drug induced

1 Like

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Bluezy13(m): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
tunji2wise:
i can relate although mine was not drug induced

What induced yours ?
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Ulunne777(f): 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2022
My cousin is still battling his.been in and out of mental homes for years.
Its a long road for some ppl

1 Like

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by willi926(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
For this Lagos state, most people need psychiatric homes, almost every everybody has an atom of madness. Sometimes I can be walking and someone will bruise me unknowingly, na me dey first apologise, cos the other person fit tell u say, e be like say u no dey see road

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Autobot05: 6:14pm On Jul 21, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

it was a big hall with constructed chains on each bed, I met about 5 patients there.. 2 were violets while the rest were just like me calm who had the migraine in the head that comes and go. (like my head and ear wants to block from too much consumption of the drug that month) the expression on my mom's face really hunted me, her tears..because she was very scared and couldn't believe we were in this situation sleeping on a bed that had restraint and be looked at like a mad person from visitors who came to visit their people and passerbys in the hospital...

from what i observed been a mental patient, sometimes you can't just get a hold of yourself..it just like a container that's sealed tight and no penetration of air...the brain doesn't function at all.. like it's blocked from all sides....it's only God that saved me.

lalasticlala

Lol sorry what drug were you doing ?

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️

1 Like

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by AlwaysPositive: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2022
Toneypen247:
Get well soon and stay out of drugs.

There are two major sources of knowledge:
1. Rationalism
2. Empiricism

You had both, but one I think just worked effectively....that is if you employ the first one to abstain totally from it. embarassed

Please explain
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by monerozi5590: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2022
Hmm! Hope they didn't place you on any drug? If yes, start weaning yourself off the drug if not you will just create a bigger problem for yourself. Wishing you total and speedy recovery.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by 40fy: 7:22pm On Jul 21, 2022

**Sounds like some real life shít!!!
** Absolutely, drugs gonna make you lose your looks, teeth, health and mental facilities!! At the end of the day, turn you into a fûckin' loser!!!

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Whazar(m): 8:49pm On Jul 21, 2022
I get one guy when him case worse finish, anytime we dey watch film and they start shooting guns he would be scared af and react like he is the target

Drug no good oo

Just take weed and don’t do it too much

You see all those ice,molly,codeine crack nah nonsense

1 Like

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 21, 2022
I just pray my younger cousin would stop smoking and stop doing drugs too.

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Smoketight007: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2022
I wan stop to dy smoke loud, once I just do bored � I don roll loud and light up, I remember 2020 I go 8 months without smoking, i nor know how i take fall back, and once i high like this i dy get unnecessary fear

1 Like

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Sammy101111(m): 12:12am On Jul 22, 2022
Bro your rihab still better oh if you go Aro
You go fear fear i had a relative that was admitted there i visited him 2 time in a month then he used only 3 month and he went for data 2 month total 5 month now he is married he's wife knows all about he's past he even sends me money if i ask him .

Rihab is not for mad people only
Rihab is for people with addictiveness
May be drink , cigarette, tobaco , smoke , drugs ,alcohol
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by BlaqJosh: 12:19am On Jul 22, 2022
Okay
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Vijuchoco(f): 12:26am On Jul 22, 2022
Thank God for you.

Some people are made to learn from personal experiences..
We've been begging my cousin to stop taking hard drugs for a while but he's refused. The annoying thing is he keeps denying it even when you catch him red handed, he's less than 20 years old.

I just hope and pray that by the time he comes back to his senses, it wouldn't be too late for him.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by guobe: 12:51am On Jul 22, 2022
The way youths take drugs these days is alarming. Happy you are back on your feet again.stay out if drugs man.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Kaykay999(m): 12:56am On Jul 22, 2022
Seriously my bro been battling with this mental issue,
He takes meth(ice) and he has a light brain.
He has gone to rehab like 3 or 4 times
His not broke at all but when this mental stuff starts he will spending any how, even debts on his head.
He goes to club every night
Was almost shot one day because of this issue.

Am his jnr bro and I use to lock him up or use chain to lock him if he starts behaving abnormal.
is not easy
Hard Drugs is very bad
Pls avoid it
U can smoke ooo but u see all this crack,ice dem plenty biko avoid it
Working boys will tell u it makes dem to stay woke omo that shit go drain ur money ur health and later give you mental issue if ur head. No strong.
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Kaykay999(m): 1:02am On Jul 22, 2022
Many Rehab nah scam
They just give patient injection to sleep nothing more.
No treatment or check ups upon all heavy fees.

2 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by chidera39(m): 2:16am On Jul 22, 2022
Ayanwukoma:

lalasticlala

Alot of things to be grateful for brother. Speedy recovery
May I ask, what kind of drugs
Some people believe weed can put one in this kind of situation.. I'm trying to better understand
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Slmgirldippussy: 6:04am On Jul 22, 2022
Bluezy13:

An ex' madman once described madness as a totally different world of it's own which is peculiar only to the individual experiencing it. In his case, he used to see some glittering pieces like diamonds littered on the road of which he was always tempted to pick them...and he kept on picking them into his bag.
But in reality, he was picking rubbish in the streets and dumpsites. In the real world, he was seen as a madman but on the other side, he saw himself as a lucky person picking precious things.

To get real definition of.madness pls get mad first
Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by Ayanwukoma: 6:09am On Jul 22, 2022
Smoketight007:
I wan stop to dy smoke loud, once I just do bored � I don roll loud and light up, I remember 2020 I go 8 months without smoking, i nor know how i take fall back, and once i high like this i dy get unnecessary fear
that fear is the transitioning bro, soon your Head will be getting cold and block on a normal. even without smoking..
anything sound will be like disturbance to you.
you need to stop before it's too late.

4 Likes

Re: I was once rushed to a Psychiatric Hospital, please stay away from drugs. by stanleyLTC(m): 9:54am On Jul 22, 2022
But to me LOUD ,ARIZONA ,and other weeds are not classified as drugs(the one You where taught as drug abuse in primary schools) instead this substance are herb �, nice herb � , it help to reset your brain to become rigid , the won you classify as drugs should be (ICE, tramadol ,molly , Mint , and many other artificial highness ) but weeds is natural highness from nature .
I will always speak for you, my love (WEED) �.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Visited My Ex And A Chemistry Happened / List Of Men That Are Good In Bed / Your First Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.