Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,693 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency (62878 Views)

What Is Happening To Banks? Can't Receive Money Sent To Me / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2022
nurudeen181:
stupid and rubbish post.. how many times does naira rise in a year... all i see is when it rises.. when it falls you wont see.. it has always rise but never reach 800.. useless people kowai
Kontinue

The moment your man enter everything turn red, low and has remained like that ever since. U are very happy with this extreme hardship and hunger abi?

Naira devalue over 400% under his watch, now dollar very scarce. Businessmen can no longer import quality products any longer into the country because majority of Nigerians cannot afford it (your man don finish their purchasing power with bulldozer). Only Buhari family of which you (Nurudeen181 is a member) can afford them.

Now everywhere u go in Nigeria u see substandard products, fake, cheap products, second hand food, Nijeriya used automobile.

11 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Obi will win South but you see most Northerners are not as enlightened as South.Thats where the problem is for obi.

Hunger will enlighten them. It’s that simple

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Passionate888: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2022
Their darling daddy tongue
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by adanonso(f): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2022
Let it high more since I earn in dollars, I love it�♥️♥️⭐
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by erico2k2(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2022
masui:

These na people if they want anything done here, they will contact you to help them do it. But them no dey drop shi shi. Na my people, no stress your brain. I sabi them pass you.
story wey I don dey hear for 22 years and counting.Does what they want don involve you spending your own pocket money?if so why not ask for T fare instead of forming good face?Do you know howmuch people abroad have lost to family members?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Harmlesspill(m): 9:53am On Jul 23, 2022
Because we've leaders that are only strategists in only winning elections but not strategists in reviving our economy

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by pfadom: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2022
No matter the magnitude of the travails of Nigeria. Nigeria shall prosper and prosper, until she becomes prosperous.

Nigeria is our own Jerusalem. So we shall always prophesy for her peace and prosperity.

Psalms 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
“May they prosper who love you."

iamwilliamsfx:
Nigeria is doomed

Back to the sender.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by yesloaded: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2022
Prosper123:
I always receive some dollars into my dollar account. But how can I sale at 600 naira. If I decide to withdraw it banks and cbn exchange at 418 or so.

Do you mean your bank will not give you raw dollar in cash?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by SmartPolician: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Nigerian politicians have finished the country.God will never forgive them for their evil deeds.

Stop blaming the leaders without mentioning idiots who vote for them.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2022
nurudeen181:
stupid and rubbish post.. how many times does naira rise in a year... all i see is when it rises.. when it falls you wont see.. it has always rise but never reach 800.. useless people kowai
Lol

Clown
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by hrykanu231(m): 9:58am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Nigerian politicians have finished the country.God will never forgive them for their evil deeds.

It's even worse with followers who keep supporting them. Fools everywhere

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2022
Prosper123:
I always receive some dollars into my dollar account. But how can I sale at 600 naira. If I decide to withdraw it banks and cbn exchange at 418 or so.
Withdraw the $and go to aboki and change ur dollar. No ever change dollar for bank. They go Rip you

5 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by emmanuelbrown26: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Obi will win South but you see most Northerners are not as enlightened as South.Thats where the problem is for obi.
That's d raw truth
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by bigiyaro(m): 10:02am On Jul 23, 2022
Thomthom:
Effect of Leaders that don't even know the reasons their there.. But to win election..
the fulanis are at the helm of affairs of this fake nationa, the Fulanis are not progressive people, they have nomadism in their genes, their life rotates around ownership of cows. They don't understand anything outside moving cows from point A to B. Hence you see the North sevely underdeveloped despite having northerners at the center for ages.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Winters23: 10:02am On Jul 23, 2022
beautyhd:
If you have someone that sends dollars to you once in a while, call them and thank them.

Most buildings under construction in Nigeria are done by people abroad.

Most people abroad I know are happy with the current state of naira.

The effect of this is killing and frustrating home based Nigerians.

10k can’t comfortably feed a family of 3 for 3 days

you can be homebased and still be earning hard currencies

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by bigiyaro(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2022
GudHardDick:
This is exactly Why we need Peter Obi so that he can recused this country from these criminals.

Go and get your PVCs and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!!
do the BATistas and almajiries tell you that they want to be rescued?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Acidosis(m): 10:04am On Jul 23, 2022
Prosper123:

Are you sure you receive dollars? No bank will pay you in Naira for a dollar transaction in the first place.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Cmanforall: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
yes I have a lot of people abroad happy with the situation but 90 percent of Nigerians abroad are stingy.shishi they won't send to you.Dont depend on them
Why are you sounding entitled?
Giving is a freewill thing, if it is not refund.

When corona started hitting in the west, did you check on those abroad (you feel entitled to their money) to know how they are doing and coping with lockdown and loss of working hours?

RapistOnBail:

You are right.

Salary earners/Civil servants are the biggest losers here
I pity them.
Their salaries are fixed with a particular trend of increase depending on one's level. They can't hike price of goods (=their salary) to adjust to the current inflation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2022
googlepikins:

If you know economics you will know that they shouldn't be rejoicing too much. Cos they will be paying triple the amount of money they used to spend on items.

When exchange rate gets messed up, inflation comes in to eat up everything you have .

Let me give you an example, if your sister sends you $1 in 2014 = ₦165 , you can buy 7 eggs(₦25) with it.

Today if she send you $1= 630 , you can still buy the same 7 eggs (₦80)

If prices of things were to remain low and stable then they can rejoice. But that's not possible in a messed up exchange rate
You are right.

Salary earners/Civil servants are the biggest losers here

9 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by harbarzzy(m): 10:06am On Jul 23, 2022
We promised you 1 to 1..Ain't we going to fulfil our promise? Going to 1 abeg
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RapistOnBail: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2022
akpunda86:

I can't wait for the revolution ,I'll start with Politicians,need guns during dat time cos End Sars will be a child play,Infact Killing of all politicians will be Blasphemy and Haran,Valuable body parts we keep,Nigerian Politicians including all needs to be killed including my broda Peter Obi but we need a lesser devil to get to the greater � devil.Im not God but Atiku and Tinubu needs to be have been buried since,why are innocent Nigerians suffering,Is Democracy in Africa suffering while Democracy in Europe and US Dividends.
Lugard may u burn in Hell,since this marriage can not be annulled,let's get a better admistrator that will manage us in name of Peter Obi.
Buhari Die,APC Die,Atiku Die,Tinubu Die,infact all the people that put us in this mess have refused to die,I believe God kept them alive for a reason while innocent Nigerians like me are dying like chickens.
APC Die
PDP Die Die

InshaAllah it will be well with us.
In the name of God it will be well with us.
Amadioha Du anyi ohh Ise.
Nke onye Na efe duwa anyi Ise.
Ndu Nwoke Ndu Nwanyi.
Buhari taa Nikita
Tinubu nyuo nshi
Atiku NEPA gbuo go there.
Obasanjo the nile a Na eme Na u cause am.
If Democracy no go work for is I beg let a military regime come and take over an kill them all.jerry Rawlings of blessed memory who will be like u in Nigeria,look at Prisoners wanting to rule over free Men.
ONLY IN NIGERIA THAT FREE MEN VOTE FOR PRISONERS.
Easy o. Suicide shouldn’t be your option pls

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by PharmacyStore: 10:06am On Jul 23, 2022
The situation is really bad
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Winters23: 10:07am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:

where do you think Atiku will get his votes?

Northern votes will be shared by Tinubu, Atiku and Kwakwanso - Obi have about half NC in the bag.

Obi is the only candidate with bloc vote from 2 regions.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Backpedal: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2022
TinubuNG:
No one can use economic situation which is actually affecting the whole world to force incompetent thief Obi on us.

Tinubu is all we need to balance things.
Get your PVC and vote Tinubu, God bless Nigeria.
Tinubu brought this disaster to us
That alone should disqualify him from running for office

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mywells: 10:08am On Jul 23, 2022
APC Buhari should return Nigeria the way they met it in 2015,or else peace would be his night mare.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Soukiss(m): 10:10am On Jul 23, 2022
BUHARI....i will make one nairA EQUEL TO one DOLLER
USA..ok let see how this nigger area shithole can make it.
na buhari mouth cos all this problem

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by RepoMan007: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2022
Thomthom:
Effect of Leaders that don't even know the reasons their there.. But to win election..
what about those who preferred a failed gov go another 4 years. 4 + 4 now feels like 32 years.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by femicyrus(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2022
GudHardDick:
This is exactly Why we need Peter Obi so that he can recused this country from these criminals.

Go and get your PVCs and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!!
How will he do the rescue?
Which rescue did he do in anambra state in 8years

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by masui(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2022
erico2k2:

story wey I don dey hear for 22 years and counting.Does what they want don involve you spending your own pocket money?if so why not ask for T fare instead of forming good face?Do you know howmuch people abroad have lost to family members?

T fare is sure. But this your last statement na true sha, streets don rough.

grin grin grin cheesy
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by femicyrus(m): 10:15am On Jul 23, 2022
Soukiss:
BUHARI....i will make one nairA EQUEL TO one DOLLER
USA..ok let see how this nigger area shithole can make it.
na buhari mouth cos all this problem

He actually meant $1 = N1k
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by 9jaRealist: 10:16am On Jul 23, 2022
rolams:
1$ equal #1,000 soon!
nairalander2020:
Very soon one dollar will be equals to one thousand naira, Nigeria is in free fall.

Perhaps when General Buhari promised the exchange rate will be 1-to-1, he forgot to add 000… grin grin grin

Nigerians looking for “changi” have only themselves to blame…
Some of us forewarned that change is NOT synonymous with progress, but got drowned out by “Sai Baba” chants! SMH

>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Mrpojj(m): 10:17am On Jul 23, 2022
guobe:
Let punish them 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Finally Gtbank Bans Use Of Their GT Mastercard On Paypal, Facebook, etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.