Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency (62875 Views)

What Is Happening To Banks? Can't Receive Money Sent To Me / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note / Who Amongst You Used This Nigerian Currency [coins] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by MyAmericandream(f): 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
erico2k2:

lazy yut spotted.Did you help them get to were they are?if its that easy try it.

No mind them, Nigerians and this their entitlement mentality. Them just hear say person they abroad, they did not know how one got here.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by MyAmericandream(f): 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
mixta140:
Most shouting here ... Dollar up and down...
They and their chosen presidential candidates dont know how naira will equal to a dollar...
I can say it again and again...
Non of the aspirants can do it...
Aswear if Obi enter ... We go swear for am pass Buhari... The remaining two aspirants we know say them be oloriburuku... Before many will start quoting me tell me how your aspirants wants to do it ...

Non of the three most popular candidate can fix Nigeria. PO doesn’t have the technical know how to run an economy. The other two have very bad intentions. You know Nigerians anywhere belle face nai them Dey follow. Nigerians will never be ready for change even in the next 30 years.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Wwwq: 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
Blame the clueless government including the cbn governor who knows nothing about economy
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Harrykn: 4:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
DukeofUmueri247:

You are right..Most Nigerians abroad should never be depended on...But this is the right time at least to help ur kins in Nigeria as someone living abroad because even if you send 20 USD to someone in Nigeria now,he or she will thank you for the rest of the year.

$20 and I’ll thank you for the rest of the year ?
Poverty why!!!
Why!!!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by OgahBohz: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Brushstrokes20:
You can't wear a CROWN on a CLOWN and expect a KING !

Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER! undecided
Vote wisely come 2023, # ANYTHING BUT Apc!

That was how we wanted ANYTHING but pdp in 2015 nd we got ApC..

Pls o ..not Anything o..
We must Vote THE MOST QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB, TESTESTED ND APPROVED

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Obyino: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
And some people are still shouting Emilokan grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Brushstrokes20: 4:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
OgahBohz:

That was how we wanted ANYTHING but pdp in 2015 nd we got ApC..

Pls o ..not Anything o..
We must Vote THE MOST QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB, TESTESTED ND APPROVED
You're spot on, I concur grin
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by AlphaStyles(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
Naira don nose dive and this should be a warning to us never elect bad leaders we also need to look at other alternative currencies for trading and make our own African currency
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by IbeOkehie: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes 90% of Nigerians at home are very generous. Depend on them

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mixta140: 5:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
MyAmericandream:

Non of the three most popular candidate can fix Nigeria. PO doesn’t have the technical know how to run an economy. The other two have very bad intentions. You know Nigerians anywhere belle face nai them Dey follow. Nigerians will never be ready for change even in the next 30 years.
Did you say 30years ...
That your anywhere belle face... Mehn that statement over funny... We should do more of state and local governments... We should look morr into that ... Especially those craving for break should fisrt fix their states amenities ... Then they got something to fall back on...
We have short memory in this country... Nigeria dont always get better ... If you know the damage civil servant dey do for the country ... You go cry

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Alabaintprice(m): 5:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
MyAmericandream:

That means you have no idea about turning the situation of an economy around. You're a female, just sit and do what females do.
If you don't know that one of the things you can do is to stop from been a consuming country to a productive country is a step in the right direction. A very basic and easy thing anyone should know, but you've said there is nothing that can be done. Speak for the APC and PDP candidate please ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
mixta140:

Did you say 30years ...
That your anywhere belle face... Mehn that statement over funny... We should do more of state and local governments... We should look morr into that ... Especially those craving for break should fisrt fix their states amenities ... Then they got something to fall back on...
We have short memory in this country... Nigeria dont always get better ... If you know the damage civil servant dey do for the country ... You go cry
And in all these, the civil servants Papa, sai Bubu dey pretend to be deaf, dumb, blind.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Alabaintprice(m): 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
mixta140:
They and their chosen presidential candidates dont know how naira will equal to a dollar...
Aswear if Obi enter ... We go swear for am pass Buhari... The remaining two aspirants we know say them be oloriburuku... Before many will start quoting me tell me how your aspirants wants to do it ...

It will not be an easy task but it will certainly be achieved. After all during PDP administration, why was dollar not upto 600 then what happen now that dollar has hit 600..... Cluelessness and useless policies. That's the problem.

Stop capping
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Framel: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
abbey621:

If elections were won on social media then even Don Jazzy could be president. There's still time, if you can waka the entire Northern region campaigning for the right candidate then maybe Nigeria can truly change but for now, talk is cheap and Nigeria will elect another old goon.

What happened to you ? I thought you'd wanted to bring it on. grin

So you're just a CHICKEN.

When did you realize I can send you to Lagos in a heartbeat? grin grin

You feel it's ok to hit a woman sometimes and you even support a rapist. I wonder why you haven't attempted any of those in Atlanta.

Oh it's on NL you are are forming Ibrahim.

Coward, let me see you jump now. This house borrower who thinks he's a Landlord.

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by TinubuNG: 5:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bizibi:
you really get mind!!
Get mind say what? See this one grin

You think na by online noise, sit down theretongue
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by lexy2014: 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Testimony

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by IbeOkehie: 6:12pm On Jul 23, 2022
marenkurz:
That is not true. Any Patriotic leader would need 16 years to undo the damage that has been done. Don't get me wrong, Buhari is useless. However, Obi can't do anything meaningful in four years. The best he could do is to remove subsidy, which means more inflation. Considering Nigeria is already borrowing to service debt, I don't see anybody including Obi doing any magic. Nigerians are fu#ked

Thanks for a much needed realistic assessment. Nigerians, especially the youths, need to take their time and think through what has to be done to revive the economy. Basically Peter Obi must enact some very unpopular policies.

To the point of this discussion, he has to float the naira, let it find it's TRUE market value. I hope everyone is ready because it won't be easy.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Conestone(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
DM me for your dollar exchange (090@$$_186'&'506____79
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Bizibi(m): 6:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
TinubuNG:
Get mind say what? See this one grin

You think na by online noise, sit down theretongue
hehehehe....e go shock you!!!!

The more the defend the more you look clueless.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by guobe: 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
armyofone:

Life abroad is expensive.
You need your car to go to work for that money and it is costly to fill it up with gas/petrol every week.
Price of rent is up - mortgage - home - apartments
etc all went up -
Groceries Price is so damn high -
Everything hot - so not them fault.
who is stingy is stingy.Not all are stingy but majority are.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mixta140: 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Alabaintprice:

It will not be an easy task but it will certainly be achieved. After all during PDP administration, why was dollar not upto 600 then what happen now that dollar has hit 600..... Cluelessness and useless policies. That's the problem.

Stop capping
What is capping ... Dollar was not up to 23naira in 1998 ....see how PDP left it .... What's capping here...
If Buhari comot na still up e go dey go
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mixta140: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Stop capping
How much was dollar before PDP?
Did you ask yourself that.... Nawa sef...
Alright then ...
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mixta140: 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Stop capping
How much was dollar before PDP?
Did you ask yourself that.... Nawa sef...
Alright then ... No one person will solve Nigeria's problem... Una just dey deceive una sef

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by zegeijuwa: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Tinubu buying dollars to give bribe instead of giving in Naira. Creating unnecessary demand for the dollar. And he wants to rule.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Totiemide: 9:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
As anyone noticed that the naira itself has lost quality? 1 A4 paper is thicker than the so called Nigeria currency. Try putting 5k or 10k inside envelope (in 1000 denomination) you won't feel the heaviness of the money unlike before.

If 1 US dollars equate 660 in Nigeria currency and some Nigerians still feel they need to vote emilokan urchins in power, I give up.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Desusi: 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2022
[quote author=GudHardDick post=114997876]This is exactly Why we need Peter Obi so that he can recused this country from these criminals.

Go and get your PVCs and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!![/quote
My friend,put no hope in man!Vain is man's help. If God would not deliver us,no one can do that.Are you sure beyond that peter obi is the God sent Moses of our time?
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by FullBlastLight: 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
iamwilliamsfx:
Nigeria is doomed

Hey, hold it there!

Nig isn't doom, APC & PDP are!

Take note!
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by tonyson010(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thomthom:
Effect of Leaders that don't even know the reasons they are there.. But to win election.. And effect of Fellow country men voting people based on Na Muslim, Na Christian, Na Igbo, Na Yoruba, Na Hausa man.. We need to put Nigeria first I use God beg una.. I don see person wey him brother Na Governor.. But Na husltle the guy man dey while Governor Children and him wife people Children dey UK dey enjoy our Tax payers money.. I no vote Jonathan and am from the south because Buhari manifesto was appealing with Nigeria I pray for.. But today Buhari did not do all those things that he promised. Most especially the refinery, Boko haram, and epileptic power supply . They only come to lie to win Election after they win, they bring anti people policies in other to frustrate the people.. and the people will put the frustration on each other thereby causing disunity and hatred for each other..

well said. life has become very difficult for us.
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
APCnaPDP:
APC is happening to it. It will get to N1000 by December. You will buy a loaf of bread for 2500 very soon while your income remains the same.

This got me big time. Truth and Reality at their Peak..

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
mixta140:

You have Just said the plain truth. I'm an AfonJa or how do the tribalistic people call It. No one can make this nation great, I mean no one. Because there are too many parasites now benefiting at the expense of this nation. The best solution to start with Is by disintegrating first then each ethnic will start looking for solutions Internally. The Marauders who are benefiting from this nation will never make It work starting from the "British, The Elites, The Politicians, The Capitalists, The Religious Leaders, The Fulani Oligarchy, The Tribalistic People" Have you seen It's a very Tedious & Rigorous process. My condolences are with the Zombies..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by Cromagnon: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Thomthom:
Effect of Leaders that don't even know the reasons they are there.. But to win election..

That is the reason for them to be there?

And effect of Fellow country men voting people based on Na Muslim, Na Christian, Na Igbo, Na Yoruba, Na Hausa man

Welcome to democracy

.. We need to put Nigeria first I use God beg una.

Nobody hold you

. I don see person wey him brother Na Governor.. But Na husltle the guy man dey while Governor Children and him wife people Children dey UK dey enjoy our Tax payers money..

That should say a lot about guy man

I no vote Jonathan and am from the south because Buhari manifesto was appealing with Nigeria I pray for.. But today Buhari did not do all those things that he promised. Most especially the refinery, Boko haram, and epileptic power supply . They only come to lie to win Election after they win, they bring anti people policies in other to frustrate the people.. and the people will put the frustration on each other thereby causing disunity and hatred for each other..
needless shalaye
Re: What Is Happening To Nigerian Currency by mixta140: 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2022
Evolutionlove:

You have Just said the plain truth. I'm an AfonJa or how do the tribalistic people call It. No one can make this nation great, I mean no one. Because there are too many parasites now benefiting at the expense of woes of this nation. The best solution to start with Is by disintegrating first then each ethnic will start looking for solutions Internally. The Marauders who are benefiting from this nation will never make It work starting from the "British, The Elites, The Politicians, The Capitalists, The Religious Leaders, The Fulani Oligarchy, The Tribalistic People" Have you seen It's a very Tedious & Rigorous process. My condolences are with the Zombies..
This dollar thing sef... If you see as some people dey cash out steady on am... Bro no ones really cares... Some don build house buy car with the business but still not satisfied...
If Obi gets there and ready to do it ... People wey vote for am go cry tire ... Cuz as it is a lot of people will get hurt for Nigeria to take shape... And that's what people don't want to feel ... Cus many are doing things the wrong way that needs to be corrected... If you have been a supervisor in a small sector of an organisation ... You will see how hard it is to lead Nigerians ... E no easy ooo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

POS Operators Increase Charges For Withdrawal, Deposit / Shoprite Ibadan Imports Banana And Watermelon From Ghana And SA / Finally Gtbank Bans Use Of Their GT Mastercard On Paypal, Facebook, etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.