Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben (27551 Views)

Peter Obi Meets Governor Ortom Of Benue State (Photos) / Jime Vs Ortom: Supreme Court Hears Jime’s Appeal Against Ortom Today / Ortom Of PDP Leads In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by PharmacyStore: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2022
That's quite interesting
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by kolexy(m): 8:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Almaigaa:
Ortom is far better than Governor Obaseki of Edo State, Governor Ikpeazu of Abia and the Governor of Enugu State. These 3 Governor's are the worst in the history of this Country.

But Obaseki delivered a lot of MOU and MOA now. He also ended Godfatherism in Edo state.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by ogatboy(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
The comparison do not make sense. Let me explain why.

First, Borno was decleared state of emergency and because of the Boko Haram crisis, they have received lots of funds both locally and internationally. A lot of reconstruction projects are done by special funds and not even related to the government (they just monitor and guide). On the other hand, Otorm woes started mainly since Buhari's time. He has been blocked by Buhari to have access to some benefits as most governors will. I also think he can do more even though I understand his present challenges.

So ladies and gentlemen, do a audit of Borno state and you will understand what is really going on with the state allocation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Fmlao: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
tctrills:

I agree the Benue guy is a failure but don't forget he is not getting federal support.
The federal government seems to be enjoying what the herdsmen are doing in Benue

Not getting federal support is the propaganda that failed Ortom has been passing down over the years...

3 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Musty42gud: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
How could you compare Lionel Messi of Barcelona with the left side winger of Mbaitoli Community Grammar School Football Club of Imo State - Rochas Okorocha �

3 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by edego2up(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
The op is a very good record keeping jurnalism
Over 50percent of benue people are now in edo state they are very common in the southern part of the state just like their governor so they are
They would blame you for their failure .
You see them you see convectiousness.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by AK481(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2022
Freestyl:
Governance: Governor Zulum of Borno Vs Governor Ortom of Benue!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100000281130481/posts/pfbid0gRQcrDcr63ySEuoPvzQLUsdoLFuWaj7KDFQ1tLRdhQsxKC8Wwmw4Z78TCT93FB6gl/?d=n

Nonsense, when last was maiduguri attacked by boko ?

Benue no farmer can farm comfortably
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Sannisege: 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
AK481:

Nonsense, when last was maiduguri attacked by boko ?

Benue no farmer can farm comfortably
Exactly, Zulu was able to manage the Boko Haram crisis better than Ortom

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SunMusk(m): 8:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
Have you been to the state ??
Massdamm:

Really..
Can you mention one for me if you won't mind
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
I am not supporting benue state governor because he ought to do more. what I am saying bornu state receives more money and has more money at it Pocket than benue. so is no brainer for him to pay salary and gratuity. since many ngos are bringing funds and building infrastructures
you talk shyt like a preacher.xdd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by burninflamez(m): 8:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
Freestyl:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100000281130481/posts/pfbid0gRQcrDcr63ySEuoPvzQLUsdoLFuWaj7KDFQ1tLRdhQsxKC8Wwmw4Z78TCT93FB6gl/?d=n
A bias write-up tryin to justify muslem-muslem ticket! Dis is confusion nd clueless! Nigerians be warn! Evil plot ahead.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by onuman: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2022
Freestyl:

Don't compare insecurity in Borno state with insecurity in Benue state.

Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen are fighting for a Nigeria to be governed with Sharia criminal laws.

Politicians from Borno state adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws.
The difference between many politicians in Borno state and Boko Haram fighters, is like the difference between six and a half dozen.

But Benue state, including the state governor, is being targeted by Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram for occupation or destruction.
Who is comparing insecurity in Borno state to insecurity in Benue state?

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by AK481(m): 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sannisege:
Exactly, Zulu was able to manage the Boko Haram crisis better than Ortom

Zulum don't have any soldiers or policeman that reports to him . So how Is he managing the crisis ?
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by wiseoneking: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2022
Borno state received the highest allocation from special federal government trust fund for NE that worth billions more than many states of in Niger delta. So, sto your stupid comparison.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Almaigaa: 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2022
kolexy:

Buy Obaseki delivered a lot of MOU and MOA now. He also ended Godfatherism in Edo state.

Obaseki is the worst of them all. If he is to recontest today, Edo People will vote him out. They are presently regretting reelecting him. He didn't do anything in his first term.

When it was time to campaign for his second term bid, the man was busy campaigning about Godfatherism. He couldn't mention any visible development, cause there was none. The thing don worst now. Edo no be Lagos truly.

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by wiseoneking: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
Massdamm:
Why will you compare zulum with ortom the difference is clear?..
Zulum is most performed governor amongst those remaining governors in Nigeria take it or leave it....
Zulum uses the special fund for Northeast development. Nothing like the most performing governor

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by kokoA(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
burninflamez:
A bias write-up tryin to justify muslem-muslem ticket! Dis is confusion nd clueless! Nigerians be warn! Evil plot ahead.
Don't go there Sir. I am from Benue and I am against Muslim-muslim ticket with my full chest but truly Orton is a failure.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Massdamm(m): 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2022
wiseoneking:
Zulum uses the special fund for Northeast development. Nothing like the most performing governor
That's how you see it from your own point of view
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by seunmsg(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2022
ogatboy:
The comparison do not make sense. Let me explain why.

First, Borno was decleared state of emergency and because of the Boko Haram crisis, they have received lots of funds both locally and internationally. A lot of reconstruction projects are done by special funds and not even related to the government (they just monitor and guide). On the other hand, Otorm woes started mainly since Buhari's time. He has been blocked by Buhari to have access to some benefits as most governors will. I also think he can do more even though I understand his present challenges.

So ladies and gentlemen, do a audit of Borno state and you will understand what is really going on with the state allocation.

Can you mention just one example of the benefits other states are enjoying that Buhari has denied Ortom of Benue?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by MissLeslie(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cruisecatcher:
Zulum is the governor of Zamfara state so the basis of comparison is wrong. According to you he may be clueless as a governor but you also are clueless as a writer.

Next time before you try to write an hitjob do your research very well.

That asides Zulum seems to be a better governor? Na zamfara people go fit answer that question �

Mr Zamfara, news una no go read, I don't think u know the full name of your state Governor.

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by shakdav(m): 8:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Bro Orton cannot compared himself with Zulum, in terms of leadership qualities, just leave Orton and complain na 5&6 always blaming the president for anything that happen in Benue state the food basket of the nation, where he can change and turn things around for the good of her citizen, tomorrow he will sit and be analyzing politics of Woke and Atiku instead to face the reality of his state

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Popoabio: 9:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
Comparing Governor Zulum and Ortom is like comparing White shirt with black shirt. Even president project can't be compare with Zulum project.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Abdulmumin412(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cruisecatcher:
Zulum is the governor of Zamfara state so the basis of comparison is wrong. According to you he may be clueless as a governor but you also are clueless as a writer.

Next time before you try to write an hitjob do your research very well.

That asides Zulum seems to be a better governor? Na zamfara people go fit answer that question �
You mean Zulum is governor of Zamfara? Who is now the governor of Borno state? Is like you also you clueless for not make your research well to know that Bello Matawale is Zamfara state governor not Zulum.

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by CommonSense1967: 9:14pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ortom = failure.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by burninflamez(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2022
kokoA:
Don't go there Sir. I am from Benue and I am against Muslim-muslim ticket with my full chest but truly Orton is a failure.
After de amnesty deception comes de inversion nd genocide bro.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by 4ward4: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
You have made your point Void of Logical Analysis .Comparing A State that is specifically targeted to eliminate its citizenry with no intention of the attackers occupying it and a State that conquering and taking control of the state is the sole aim of the attackers with the intention of letting the inhabitants live once they don't rebel.
Have you Been to Maiduguri in recent years and the special interventions been given to them. I won't want to say the government in power made it easy for thr governor as all dues are given as and at when due, and all NGOs are given a good pass. A good percentage of people currently in Maiduguri and other areas are on same Level of Those working in OIL companies, Good money is flowing from NGO and even special Govt Jobs there .
I know all this because I was there of recent and even the grooving for clubs get levels there..
Benue on the other hand is whose major source of IGR is from farming is experiencing a situation where ,the attackers main aim is to kill and frighten them. Majority of the villagers are in Makurdi IDP currently. But the reverse is the case in Borno, in Borno the attackers even live among the people and provided there isn't a snitch the people are good and are allowed to go about their activities. Recently ZULUM was able to settle all IDP to their villages, can Benue try that without the attackers coming hard on the people.
When they say a State who isn't on same frequency with the federal is bound to suffer , do not underestimate that. Even if the opportunity comes from The federal government to recommend profiting NGOs to your state, that will be cornered and you will end up getting nothing.
Gov. Ortom in his little state Resources have been able to do so much in bettering the condition of living in Benue state, any Blame about Benue should be Given to AKUME AND SUSWAN. He Ortom met 70billion Pension been owed he was able to cut it down to 30Billion.
To the best of what is available in the state Ortom have been transparent in his dealings.
And Mind you ORTOM isn't a Pastor, make that correction on your post.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Agboconsult1(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2022
Am from Benue State. Sometimes I feel like am not from that state. Even though I didn't grow in that state. Passing through the state while traveling and just some google search, the only result I see is huge negativity. No development..
Ortom is an ortomatic failure.
All the state in the middle belt r on thesame train.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Shascky33: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
An Ortom without an Atom of intellectual leadership disposition.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by blackpanda: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wintertime:
Ok stylishly promoting Muslim Muslim ticket
Abi
Rubbish and ingredients

But the christian christian ticket failed.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by asobo1: 9:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Massdamm:
Why will you compare zulum with ortom the difference is clear?..
Zulum is most performed governor amongst those remaining governors in Nigeria take it or leave it....

I wish him to be president of this country one day if God granted him to be
Did I just read best performing governor? Do you know the number of international NGO's in Borno state. If a free and fair election is conducted today in Borno state, Zulum will lose woefully. Don't take my words for it. Visit Borno state for yourself and forget what you see on television
4ward4:
You have made your point Void of Logical Analysis .Comparing A State that is specifically targeted to eliminate its citizenry with no intention of the attackers occupying it and a State that conquering and taking control of the state is the sole aim of the attackers with the intention of letting the inhabitants live once they don't rebel.
Have you Been to Maiduguri in recent years and the special interventions been given to them. I won't want to say the government in power made it easy for thr governor as all dues are given as and at when due, and all NGOs are given a good pass. A good percentage of people currently in Maiduguri and other areas are on same Level of Those working in OIL companies, Good money is flowing from NGO and even special Govt Jobs there .
I know all this because I was there of recent and even the grooving for clubs get levels there..
Benue on the other hand is whose major source of IGR is from farming is experiencing a situation where ,the attackers main aim is to kill and frighten them. Majority of the villagers are in Makurdi IDP currently. But the reverse is the case in Borno, in Borno the attackers even live among the people and provided there isn't a snitch the people are good and are allowed to go about their activities. Recently ZULUM was able to settle all IDP to their villages, can Benue try that without the attackers coming hard on the people.
When they say a State who isn't on same frequency with the federal is bound to suffer , do not underestimate that. Even if the opportunity comes from The federal government to recommend profiting NGOs to your state, that will be cornered and you will end up getting nothing.
Gov. Ortom in his little state Resources have been able to do so much in bettering the condition of living in Benue state, any Blame about Benue should be Given to AKUME AND SUSWAN. He Ortom met 70billion Pension been owed he was able to cut it down to 30Billion.
To the best of what is available in the state Ortom have been transparent in his dealings.
May God bless you for this. I was dumb founded when the locals told me that Zulum will lose in a free and fair elections. That we should forget what we see on TV
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Elidrisy20: 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
They are uncompairable,zulum is exceptional while ortum is a werey in disguise
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by nuruajao: 9:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Freestyl:

Truly ZULUM pass ortom in time of projects and development

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / Certificate Controversy: Abuja Lawyer Drags Buhari To Court / Kiki Osinbajo Steps Out In Lovely Gown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.