Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben (27524 Views)

Peter Obi Meets Governor Ortom Of Benue State (Photos) / Jime Vs Ortom: Supreme Court Hears Jime’s Appeal Against Ortom Today / Ortom Of PDP Leads In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by seunayantokun(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Those who have security apparatus back zulum but send terrorists after ortom. He would have been killed....

Believe it or not, zulum is on the same plane as those who hold this country by the jugular.

What is covered now shall come to light later.
Ortom may not have done enough, or well enough, but there is no sufficient ground to compare him with Zulum.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by omaclarry(m): 11:46pm On Jul 23, 2022
I know most projects done in Bornu is finance by FG, NA and UN
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by colonelwealth(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Massdamm:
Why will you compare zulum with ortom the difference is clear?..
Zulum is most performed governor amongst those remaining governors in Nigeria take it or leave it....

I wish him to be president of this country one day if God granted him to be

In as much as I like Zulum and know he is a performing governor however don't always compare Zulum with Ortom or any other governor pair to pair.

Zulum has lots of NGO monies to work with(both local& international)
Besides the FG gives Borno extra resources.
Remember, immediately Presd. Buhari entered office he directed all international NGO& Multinationals to channel their assistance to NE especially Borno.
Aldo note that ask a vocal opposition to FG, they too will try to frustrate his government.

However, I admit Ortom has performed badly below expectations.....he acts incompetent.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by tctrills: 12:01am On Jul 24, 2022
Friend22:

Who/is getting FG support?.stop this nonsense blackmail.
Kaduna is still attacked by bandits and the like but El rufai is delivering.

Ortom is exactly what many of you are here- Noise makers!
Which of these states have you visited. Are you saying that I am blackmailing our dear beloved federal government because I don't get your point?
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Detuner: 12:02am On Jul 24, 2022
Ortom is the very epitome of failure.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by GeneralPula: 12:05am On Jul 24, 2022
ogatboy:
The comparison do not make sense. Let me explain why.

First, Borno was decleared state of emergency and because of the Boko Haram crisis, they have received lots of funds both locally and internationally. A lot of reconstruction projects are done by special funds and not even related to the government (they just monitor and guide). On the other hand, Otorm woes started mainly since Buhari's time. He has been blocked by Buhari to have access to some benefits as most governors will. I also think he can do more even though I understand his present challenges.

So ladies and gentlemen, do a audit of Borno state and you will understand what is really going on with the state allocation.

Trash..

Is it NGO and federal government that is helping zulum to pay salaries and pensions?

Ortom gets 1trillion Naira monthly from FG. Yet he doesn’t pay salaries, doesn’t pay pensions, no single project. Your question should be what does he do with the money he’s receiving monthly... But here you’re blabbing because he’s in PDP..

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by garfield1: 12:11am On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:

Which of these states have you visited. Are you saying that I am blackmailing our dear beloved federal government because I don't get your point?

What of ebonyi
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by tctrills: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2022
garfield1:

What of ebonyi
I don't understand your question.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by garfield1: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:
I don't understand your question.

Ebonyi collects far lower than benue but the governor is fantastic

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by tctrills: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2022
garfield1:

Ebonyi collects far lower than benue but the governor is fantastic
Now a different topic.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by garfield1: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:
Now a different topic.

No,I'm just proving to you that ortom is a total failure,the worst governor and has no excuse

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by tctrills: 12:33am On Jul 24, 2022
garfield1:

No,I'm just proving to you that ortom is a total failure,the worst governor and has no excuse
Ok
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Hangulsaram: 12:45am On Jul 24, 2022
Mandate2023:
Benue ppl must have experience 1 of d most terrible governance in Nigeria, just like Enugu, Edo, Abia and sokoto state
For not adding IMO State, you are bias cos IMO state should be no. 1
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by ogatboy(m): 12:47am On Jul 24, 2022
GeneralPula:

Trash..

Is it NGO and federal government that is helping zulum to pay salaries and pensions?

Ortom gets 1trillion Naira monthly from FG. Yet he doesn’t pay salaries, doesn’t pay pensions, no single project. Your question should be what does he do with the money he’s receiving monthly... But here you’re blabbing because he’s in PDP..

Lol. 1 trillion? How much is Nigeria's budget? Oga it's about N600 Billion monthly. The next question I'll answer is what is the percentage of civil servant in Benue to Borno?

And yes if most projects are already done by NGO it means you have spare cash to do other things.

Be logical and not sentimental. Look at facts and stop twisting stuff to make a point.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Okoroawusa: 12:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Ortom joined PDP to be following Wike upandan like handbag..

That's all...
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by subcbouy: 2:19am On Jul 24, 2022
Commentor:
Ortom.

grin

That one na failure.
Ask why Federal govt is blocking him from accessing funds externally.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Wintertime: 2:33am On Jul 24, 2022
Afamed:

The world has left you behind. Don't forget tomorrow,ask for the religion of your Drs, when you need a medical attention

I pray the Muslim Muslim ticket should pull through

Then you can enjoy the Nigeria you struggle to have.but this time we the People you love to be with... And then word will be a reality

This time a Nigeria but never include us. Cause what will come will be a shock

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Wintertime: 2:35am On Jul 24, 2022
blackpanda:

But the christian christian ticket failed.

I pray the Muslim Muslim ticket should pull through

This time a Nigeria but never include us. Cause what will come will be a shock

Lol so saying Christian Christian fail how does it effect other tribes of different faith

It looks like you can dare too much
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by benardtotti(m): 3:17am On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:

I agree the Benue guy is a failure but don't forget he is not getting federal support.
The federal government seems to be enjoying what the herdsmen are doing in Benue

This has nothing to do with FG , kaduna is under siege yet you can't say that el-rufai didn't deliver quality governance to his people ( even with his flaws) the main issue here is Ortom keeps using insecurity to justify his failed administration, don't also forget he was in the Apc in his first 4 years .
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Commentor: 4:45am On Jul 24, 2022
subcbouy:

Taa.
Na that one be excuse?
Persin wey dey owe severely.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Steve0979(m): 4:56am On Jul 24, 2022
delpee:
Gov. Ortom hasn't done well but he clearly doesn't have the funding that is available to Borno. There are specific reconstruction projects funded by FG and World organisations in respect of Borno State.
I don't know if such facilities were made available to Benue State.
u no get sense o.go to ebonyi state n see development where is Dave umahi getting his own money to develop d state
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Frontend: 5:37am On Jul 24, 2022
Mandate2023:
Benue ppl must have experience 1 of d most terrible governance in Nigeria, just like Enugu, Edo, Abia and sokoto state
Including osun,ogun,oyo,kogi and ekiti
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Maghan37: 5:59am On Jul 24, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support honourable Peter obi for the president's of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain
Although i will agree with you regarding him being the best candidate but i do not believe he is the only one.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Johnnygill(m): 6:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Ortom has bought half of Benue with his ill gotten wealth.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by nyorbem: 6:19am On Jul 24, 2022
It's even an insult to the Governor of Borno State to compare him with his Benue counterpart in terms of achievement, education, reputation and self discipline.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by bbyby01: 6:20am On Jul 24, 2022
tctrills:

I agree the Benue guy is a failure but don't forget he is not getting federal support.
The federal government seems to be enjoying what the herdsmen are doing in Benue
He has every support required bros. The man is now the richest man in Benue. Looting wan kill am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by bbyby01: 6:22am On Jul 24, 2022
subcbouy:
Because he will share it among his family members and close aids. Like he always does.
The several loans, bailout funds etc they gave to him nko
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by mensos544: 6:27am On Jul 24, 2022
Ortom the Idiot Beast. Look at d idiot Nonsense of the Highest Order shege
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Mandate2023: 7:08am On Jul 24, 2022
Frontend:

Including osun,ogun,oyo,kogi and ekiti

All those 5 states u mentioned are better than d 5 states in south east, u need to leave ur mud region and travel to see hw ppl leave in peace with d little infrastructure that's impactful tho not enough
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by adagba001: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2022
I wish was financially capable. I would have sponsored the capturing of this in all major newspapers in Nigeria. I said it before, a new synonym for failure should be added to the dictionary. When someone says Ortom, know he means total failure. That is what he is.
Even the devil is disappointed in Ortom... Useless somebody.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by ahonzi: 8:48am On Jul 24, 2022
MarryWhiteasap:
Ortom got his flaws so to say but zulum performance attributes to support of zamfara and Kano state incl Kaduna shower support to him. But Benue is left with kogi , nassaraw, part of platuea to ravaged and generate IGR.
Why would people support you? They would when they see the effort you are putting in dealing with a situation. Let's stop making excuses that make no sense. Ortom is a waste. Can't imagine the kind of lady that's married to such a man.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by nathyx(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2022
The financial capacity of Zulum comprising of security votes, federal allocation, international monetary fund, NGO support is highly greater than that of Benue state Ortom. nevertheless Gov Ortom has displayed a high sense of mismanagement and lack of development ideas, coupled with his frequent verbal abuse of F.G, he has been sidelined from Federal benefits and made to stand alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola And Kwankwaso Honoured By Babcock University (Photos) / Tinubu Is Converting Non Supporters Everyday / President Buhari Presides Over Virtual Launch Of Gold Purchase Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.