Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,169 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben (27549 Views)

Peter Obi Meets Governor Ortom Of Benue State (Photos) / Jime Vs Ortom: Supreme Court Hears Jime’s Appeal Against Ortom Today / Ortom Of PDP Leads In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ortom is just a talkative
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by lawrenzooo: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mandate2023:
Benue ppl must have experience 1 of d most terrible governance in Nigeria, just like Enugu, Edo, Abia and sokoto state
You forgot to mention kogi...! Haba
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by AminuRano87(m): 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Almaigaa:
Ortom is far better than Governor Obaseki of Edo State, Governor Ikpeazu of Abia and the Governor of Enugu State. These 3 Governor's are the worst in the history of this Country.
And they are all PDP

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Ingocof(m): 9:44pm On Jul 23, 2022
dyera:
According to Agbadorians, Tinubu was the one that developed Lagos state, Shettima was the one that developed borno state.

And Peter Obi developed Anambra
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by nedzuby: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Massdamm:
Why will you compare zulum with ortom the difference is clear?..
Zulum is most performed governor amongst those remaining governors in Nigeria take it or leave it....

Honestly, I see it as insulting to the person of Zulu. It’s like comparing light with darkness
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Cognitivereason: 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
The entire Benue state is literally a failure..never seen a state so miserable.. Ortom is simply a curse.. inshort the state has never been lucky with good governance..from akume to suswan.. all were failures..

the only thing that keeps the state moving is drinking to stupor ,cult clash and herdsmen

4 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Ayilara1(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Our future president - Mallam zulum - in Shaa Allah

When zulum comes out to contest we'll see whether this Igbo people will say Obi is better than him.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Ingocof(m): 9:45pm On Jul 23, 2022
Almaigaa:
Ortom is far better than Governor Obaseki of Edo State, Governor Ikpeazu of Abia and the Governor of Enugu State. These 3 Governor's are the worst in the history of this Country.

You mean PDP governors are the worst in this nation?

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Cognitivereason: 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
okeysoninv:
rubbish comparison, compare also many international ngo funding bornu state government, north east development commission, how many is benue state getting. don't argue blindly
you are the one arguing deaf and dumb..

what exactly stops benue state from executing projects.. are you telling me Benue is the most impoverish state in Nigeria.. Yahaya bello has multiply projects.. did he get the money from NGOs?..what about Ebonyi and Nasarawa dat just built a cargo airport..did the governor of nasarawa run to UN and NGOs for help..is there anything like north central development commission giving nasarawa and kogi an advantage over benue?..go and check the poorest states in Nigeria is Benue amongst top 10? so what are you saying

do you know Benue states yearly budget?..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by 010okoogar: 10:00pm On Jul 23, 2022
till today Nigerian eyes never clear of jihadis that is going on , while Zulum is cashing out Otom is the victim but very soon your eye will clear of what is going on .
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Cognitivereason: 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ogagun57:
The Bishop is confused man. In the North today, Borno receives highest fund donation from overseas. This is much more than any state of the federation.

It is as a result of foreign funds going into Borno which is the most hit state of terrorism that made the money available in Borno state.

can you be explicit about the foreign aids borno has and how much the state has received
this is not even about projects..

Ortom can not pay common salary.. there is nothing you can use to justify that..Ortom is a failure

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by allicare: 10:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
delpee:
Gov. Ortom hasn't done well but he clearly doesn't have the funding that is available to Borno. There are specific reconstruction projects funded by FG and World organisations in respect of Borno State.
I don't know if such facilities were made available to Benue State.
You are on point. The writer seemed or pretend not to be awared of these factors
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Afamed: 10:13pm On Jul 23, 2022
Wintertime:
Ok stylishly promoting Muslim Muslim ticket
Abi
Rubbish and ingredients

The world has left you behind. Don't forget tomorrow,ask for the religion of your Drs, when you need a medical attention

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by tctrills: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
Fmlao:

Not getting federal support is the propaganda that failed Ortom has been passing down over the years...

No excuse for his actions but it's important to note that the federal gov seems to be enjoying what is happening in Benue. Benue is about the most dangerous states that no one is reporting about. I have traveled the state severely and I can give first hand report on it.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Mandate2023: 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2022
lawrenzooo:

You forgot to mention kogi...! Haba

Yahaya bello has been commissioning project here and there

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Lorddominic(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2022
Sluacoast:
Please you guys should help a brother. I'm really starving right now. I'm a salary worker and I'm currently penniless. Please I got siblings to look after as well. I've never begged in this platform. I've been on nairaland for over 3 years. Please help a struggling brother. I promise to pay it forward if I could to the less needy. God bless. Account details----two zero nine two one eight six eight seven five (Uba Bank)

You are a potential criminal/fraudster....pls moderators, you are meant to filter out all online begging comments from all threads so dat innocent nairalanders don't fall victim to their antics.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SU50: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
kenedy175:
You can't take it from Prof. Zulum, he's the best performing governor in Nigeria irrespective of the insecurity in Borno.

This is what you get when you have a technocrat heading the government.

Ayade is also a technocrat. grin
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Onelove508: 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
4ward4:
You have made your point Void of Logical Analysis .Comparing A State that is specifically targeted to eliminate its citizenry with no intention of the attackers occupying it and a State that conquering and taking control of the state is the sole aim of the attackers with the intention of letting the inhabitants live once they don't rebel.
Have you Been to Maiduguri in recent years and the special interventions been given to them. I won't want to say the government in power made it easy for thr governor as all dues are given as and at when due, and all NGOs are given a good pass. A good percentage of people currently in Maiduguri and other areas are on same Level of Those working in OIL companies, Good money is flowing from NGO and even special Govt Jobs there .
I know all this because I was there of recent and even the grooving for clubs get levels there..
Benue on the other hand is whose major source of IGR is from farming is experiencing a situation where ,the attackers main aim is to kill and frighten them. Majority of the villagers are in Makurdi IDP currently. But the reverse is the case in Borno, in Borno the attackers even live among the people and provided there isn't a snitch the people are good and are allowed to go about their activities. Recently ZULUM was able to settle all IDP to their villages, can Benue try that without the attackers coming hard on the people.
When they say a State who isn't on same frequency with the federal is bound to suffer , do not underestimate that. Even if the opportunity comes from The federal government to recommend profiting NGOs to your state, that will be cornered and you will end up getting nothing.
Gov. Ortom in his little state Resources have been able to do so much in bettering the condition of living in Benue state, any Blame about Benue should be Given to AKUME AND SUSWAN. He Ortom met 70billion Pension been owed he was able to cut it down to 30Billion.
To the best of what is available in the state Ortom have been transparent in his dealings.
And Mind you ORTOM isn't a Pastor, make that correction on your post.

The writer calling him a pastor even though he is not is part of his tricks, to make it look like a pastor governor is this bad whereas a Muslim governor and Muslim deputy are doing very well in their state. That write-up is so so pointless, bias and deceitful.

The second to the last paragraph is another mindplaying trick.

Yet he claims to write for God and his conscience.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SU50: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2022
tctrills:

I agree the Benue guy is a failure but don't forget he is not getting federal support.
The federal government seems to be enjoying what the herdsmen are doing in Benue

Lol, with his wailings what has he been able to do?

Herdsmen are not doing or have done 1/10 of what BH was doing, man us just irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by kenedy175(m): 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
SU50:

Ayade is also a technocrat. grin

The probability of a technocrat doing well is alot higher
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SU50: 10:36pm On Jul 23, 2022
delpee:
Gov. Ortom hasn't done well but he clearly doesn't have the funding that is available to Borno. There are specific reconstruction projects funded by FG and World organisations in respect of Borno State.
I don't know if such facilities were made available to Benue State.

What has he been able to do with his state's funds? Ortom is not the one handling the whole humanitarian crisis arising from there, NGOs and the FG through NEMA are there, what projects has he done?

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Drbarmes(m): 10:37pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mandate2023:
Benue ppl must have experience 1 of d most terrible governance in Nigeria, just like Enugu, Edo, Abia and sokoto state
pls include taraba state o
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Onelove508: 10:40pm On Jul 23, 2022
Agboconsult1:
Am from Benue State. Sometimes I feel like am not from that state. Even though I didn't grow in that state. Passing through the state while traveling and just some google search, the only result I see is huge negativity. No development..
Ortom is an ortomatic failure.
All the state in the middle belt r on thesame train.

Ortom is not the first governor of Benue state, he is rather the most embattled. Akume and Suswam should share ur in ur blame allocation.

I bet u indegens of at least 30 out of the 36 state will say the same thing you just said about their state and their governors. Bad governance is not peculiar to ur governor. The issue here is it's unfair to compare Ortom and Zulum, baba!
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SU50: 10:42pm On Jul 23, 2022
Cognitivereason:
The entire Benue state is literally a failure..never seen a state so miserable.. Ortom is simply a curse.. inshort the state has never been lucky with good governance..from akume to suswan.. all were failures..

the only thing that keeps the state moving is drinking to stupor ,cult clash and herdsmen

Someone who knows.

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by SU50: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
kenedy175:

The probability of a technocrat doing well is alot higher

Just saying do away with the blanket statements. grin
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by kenedy175(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2022
SU50:

Just saying do away with the blanket statements. grin

I get you.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Pastorsmile: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2022
Zulum enjoyed Buhari and his security apparatus support.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Friend22(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2022
tctrills:

I agree the Benue guy is a failure but don't forget he is not getting federal support.
The federal government seems to be enjoying what the herdsmen are doing in Benue

Who/is getting FG support?.stop this nonsense blackmail.
Kaduna is still attacked by bandits and the like but El rufai is delivering.

Ortom is exactly what many of you are here- Noise makers!

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by omostar: 10:56pm On Jul 23, 2022
Lexicon123:
Fact remains that Ortom is the worst governor Benue has ever had. Continues to cry and wail about the FG's failures, but does absolutely nothing to improve things within his control.

Most governors in Nigeria are about that bad. If only they can do just a little better, Nigeria won't be in this sorry state. No President can do magic if the components are these rotten, especially in a democracy that force cannot be applied.

This is just the plain truth. We are always only complaining about the fg, forgetting that if only the states and even local governments perform their roles, then we will be way better off.

2 Likes

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by meditator(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support honourable Peter obi for the president's of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain
We don't want Nigeria to be in shackles and mess like Anambara

1 Like

Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Indispensable85(m): 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2022
Freestyl:
Governance: Governor Zulum of Borno Vs Governor Ortom of Benue!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/100000281130481/posts/pfbid0gRQcrDcr63ySEuoPvzQLUsdoLFuWaj7KDFQ1tLRdhQsxKC8Wwmw4Z78TCT93FB6gl/?d=n

Ortom is the failure of the universe. Rev Alia will sweep his party out of Benue.
Re: Governance: Zulum Of Borno Vs Ortom Of Benue - Angula Bishop Reuben by Billsclinton(m): 11:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
Mandate2023:

You forgot plateau state bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers And Boko Haram Exchange Gunfire Near Maiduguri / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari In India / Babagana Kingibe: Why I Joined Abacha’s Government As Minister, Abandoned June12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.