Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner (29285 Views)

If You Had Known This Earlier, I Believe You Wouldn't Spend Lavishly / How This ATM Card Fraud Sent Me Back To Village - FATTKAY / Banks! Why All This ATM Card Maintenance Charges? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by realmindz: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2022
alphaconde:
that card cost 1075 only

considering transport and queue in the bank

i think the best thing to do is to destroy the card becuase thats what the bank will still do.

hope u will b this kind if you found money or a phone?

Before he even steps out, the bank would have destroyed the card and moved on
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by RZArecta(m): 11:14am On Jul 24, 2022
realmindz:

Card is just 1k, why so much ado, destroy the card and move on
something tells me the reason he picked the card at all is because he thought he could guess the PIN if not, what's his business ?
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Abimagicfine: 11:17am On Jul 24, 2022
I lost mine last 2weeks Abiola Olatunji on it in ABUJA
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Originalsly: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2022
If the person dropped the card yesterday .... maybe to this point doesn't know the card is missing. Tomorrow ... can't find the card... believes he has misplaced it ... and be searching for it. Meanwhile ... the card is still active and you turn in the card to the bank. Who do you give it to? ... what makes you think that person will do the right thing? ... would you be putting the card in the hands of a scammer?... or one with scammer connections? ... that will drain the account then throw the card on the street? .... do you know if you found a card that scammers already drained and threw away?.... do you know if the owner of the card was robbed and murdered? ... and here you are with the victim's card? ... do you think you can really explain if the Police are called?

Is for you to decide if to turn in the card to the bank or destroy it.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by nawa4naija(m): 11:29am On Jul 24, 2022
MITCHELL96:
Don't forget you're in Nigeria where they pay evil for good, you're a young guy, they'll definitely think you're a yahoo boy and stole the card yourself

Just break the card, the owner can always get a new one from UBA, it's just 1,050 naira

Don't try to be that good Samaritan now, it's not worth it in today's Nigeria, "Maybe it's worth being so in other cases)
You for sell am
I remember when I saw a live ammunition in my village, just at the back of my family house, I took it to my uncle and told him where I saw it, he told me that there was riot some years ago there, so it must have been the reason the bullet was still there burried on the ground, I told my uncle I'll take it to the police station to return it (me trying to be a good Samaritan na) grin

My uncle slapped me immediately and said 'boy, don't you know you're in Nigeria" ? Who will believe you just saw it on the ground ? Do you have any tangible evidence ? " Make Nigeria police no go say na you dey sponsor bandits with bullet oo"

N.B. it was 6 bullets.

Naso I just mellow, I had to look for a pit toilet and throw it inside.

Nigeria no be USA grin
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Highman56: 11:33am On Jul 24, 2022
rave1070:
Return it to the bank.
u wan put someone in trouble ba cheesy
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by baralatie(m): 11:34am On Jul 24, 2022
HeadNigga:
How you wan take return am to the owner? Just break it and throw it away... burn it if possible so that fraudsters won't get hold of it before the owner disables the card. That's the only favour the owner needs from you.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by phemmyfour: 11:34am On Jul 24, 2022
Kimiso:
Please I don't want to do a favour that would put me into trouble i found this UBA ATM card of someone lost it looks too current than to think the owner intentionally doesn't find it anymore useful am thinking of returning it to the bank so that it would not end up in the hands of scammers for fraudulent activities,
.........thanks am awaiting your opinion tomorrow is Monday which is when the bank would resume

Happy Sunday

No need, the owner would have probably blocked it
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by alaska4life: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2022
Is not needful! Since it's safe in your hands. What the owner needs to do, is to go and retrieve a new one, which will just cost him or her a thousand naira only. That to get yourself into problem, problem in a sense that If someone had already used the card to withdraw money from the account. Then you become a victim of circumstances
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by alizma: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2022
talk2hb1:
Go give it to the nearest UBA bank security now
That is risky, the card is not even safe with a dubious bank staff talk less of their security.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by hokafor(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2022
Just destroy the card as most people here has advised you ,and save your self unnecessary stress before you enter Nigerian police trap.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by MITCHELL96: 11:49am On Jul 24, 2022
Bobmarie:
He could’ve told you that without slapping you though and you will still understand. Things that we will not try with adults, we will be oppressing kids because they are small.

Lol, it wasn't that kind of aggressive slap shaa, it was mild but still painful grin you know as a teenager then, talking about 2010.

He's an uncle that's always correcting and making sure his sister's children are not wayward.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Stevo35: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2022
Take it to NTA they will announce for the owner to come and collect it.

Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Halo22: 11:56am On Jul 24, 2022
@OP, in case you have not grabbed the message, let me add my own. My town man once picked First bank ATM and returned it to the bank. Unfortunately for him, the card had been used by a fraudster who wiped off all the money in the account. Like play like play, nah so they called EFCC to arrest the man and till today, he is still paying back the money on instalments, about 350k. So oga, just need to the advices above.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Doyou2019: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
silvoclaira:
A friend robbed a supermarket
in Lagos years ago. He stole
about 216,000naira. He felt bad
about it and returned to the store
to apologize and give the money
back. This is where he got
arrested for robbery and he is
spent the next eleven (11) years
in jail.
sad

OMG!
And this is the same country where criminal politicians are let off easily in the name of plea bargain.
Nigeria isn't for the poor and weak. The system will bully you till you have no more energy to keep taking it.
There was a country.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by ZeroChil: 12:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
talk2hb1:
Go give it to the nearest UBA bank security now
Don't listen to this man! I repeat, don't listen to this man! Cut up or burn the darn card.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by VanuatuWycombe: 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
Take it to any UBA ATM machine and press wrong PIN like 3 times. The machine will swallow it so the branch management will see the card in the ATM and dispatch it to the branch where it was collected.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by freeman67: 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
Firstly, You can't locate the owner through the card except you found it with other of his/her items that has his/her phone number on it.

Secondly, taking it to the bank is as good as wasting your time as it will eventually be destroyed. Except you deliver it directly to his/her branch. The probability of that is like 1 over how many UBA branches in the area you found the card.

Thirdly, It might be that the card was not misplaced but stolen with other items from the owner at gunpoint. If so, presenting the card anywhere might make you a suspect too not minding that you were not the person that stole it. Our security system here is yet to flexible and friendly to understand such. So you may be remanded till investigation proves otherwise.

Lastly, your best bet and final help to the owner is to destroy it to avoid scammers laying their hands on it. By now, the owner would have contacted his/her bank to block it. A new 1 might have even been issued. Thus, what you have now is useless.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Judd007: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sure say, you never check am, say no money for the card?
Kimiso:
Please I don't want to do a favour that would put me into trouble i found this UBA ATM card of someone lost it looks too current than to think the owner intentionally doesn't find it anymore useful am thinking of returning it to the bank so that it would not end up in the hands of scammers for fraudulent activities,
.........thanks am awaiting your opinion tomorrow is Monday which is when the bank would resume

Happy Sunday

Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Smif(m): 1:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Now d security agencies know dat u r in possession of d ATM card of one Adesesan Adelowo.
Dis social media kati kati no go kill us
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Akpuoru: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
I suggest you destroy the card.
Certainly the owner must have blocked the card or about to do so if he is aware of the loss. If he is not aware of the loss yet, you would've protected him or her from unpleasant activities of fraudsters.
Don't expect any appreciation from anybody.
My experience comes to mind.
I took my wife to the park to board a vehicle. Later in the day when she had gotten home, she called that she saw someone's ATM card in her bag. The suspicion was that it could be from one of the co passengers. She gave me the name on the card.
The following morning, with the inconveniences, I dutifully went to the park to see if I could reach the owner. Good enough the motor company was helpful and I found a number to call.
Now when I called, it was someone who said she was a friend to the owner that picked. She coldly told that the owner had blocked the line and dropped the call.
At that moment I regretted all the efforts I put in the whole thing. The response really hurt my feelings. I told my wife to discard the card immediately.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Ashirioluwa: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
Cut it to pieces bro……don’t put yourself in unnecessary police wahala
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by PharmacyStore: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
Just do the right thing by returning it
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by FREEBNB: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2022
you are just jobless
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by chigoizie7(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kimiso:

Happy Sunday

Just destroy the card, let the owner go request for new one.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by emonis88: 1:41pm On Jul 24, 2022
Better cut up that card n throw it away, unless u want Nigeria to happen to u.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by ToniBlaize: 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
Burn it... Even if you take it to the bank... They will destroy it.. banks don't return ATM cards anymore....
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by lomprico(m): 2:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kimiso:

Happy Sunday

Just burn it or cut to pieces. The owner fit don block am Tay Tay sef.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by djojo(m): 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2022
If you love your life go and burn the ATM card, that card might be dropped by thief and you want to take it to bank in this current situation of Nigeria. I pity you. If you know you actually want to do good for that person just put fire and burn it.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by Sunnyski: 2:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
In Nigeria you don't need to be a good citizen if not you will land in jail. All you have to do to stay alive is be a bad person and your days on earth will be prolonged.

This is Nigeria, where everybody is a criminal.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by DallasMike77: 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
How do you want to locate the owner?is phone number and address written on it?
kindly destroy it pls.
Re: Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner by luluman: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kimiso:

Happy Sunday

Just destroy it, by so doing nobody can steal with it, you too are safe and the owner can always get another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Most Uneducated People Are More Successful In Business - Johnspeak Uwangue / Gezawa Commodity Market Kano: Nigeria's First Agro Commodity & Exchange Market / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.