Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? (68239 Views)

"This Your Teacher Is Fine O" - Man Reacts To His Daughter's Drawing / Who Did This In Primary And Secondary School Because Of Wicked Teachers. / Ex-students Mocks Wicked Teacher Who Is Now An Uber Driver On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by maasoap(m): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:
I saw this on WhatsApp group.
If I were to head such a school, I will not approve such a comment.

Please what's your take on this kind of remark?

As a teacher/ head teacher, what would you have done differently?

As a parent, how will you react

Report the teacher to the owner. Withdraw your kid from the school if necessary
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by DrDunamis(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:

The teach could be right and the baby a demon baby, so relax and don't witch hunt the innocent teacher
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by maasoap(m): 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Even though this is highly unethical, I still feel some parents need to be informed of some strange or akward behavior their wards exhibit in school.

In my years of experience as a teacher, I've seen some behavioral problems that I sometimes wish to pen down similar reports in their scripts or assignments but then I remember the code of conduct and refrain from doing such. Though this does not stop us from discussing it in class among ourselves. I'm sure the teacher must have complained and discussed this with her colleagues who prolly advised her wrongly to go ahead and make such remarks.
Some students can frustrate ones career.

Teachers should be highly rewarded and appreciated in this part of the world because they are encountering a lot in this field/profession otherwise this kind of remarks will become the order of the day.

Note:
Before you come at me, note that I already condemned the act in my first paragraph.

How could you be sure? You are so wrong.......
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by ufuosman(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2022
Dat person is not suppose to be called teacher
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Omoslim26: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2022
BornKiller:
If na my pikin, dat teacher should prepare for the beating of his/her useless life.

The teacher sef suppose go back to Primary 5
"She is not behaving like human being" which kind of English be that one sef undecided
With that kind teacher how the pikin go take sabi book.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by rickleye: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2022
WibusJaga:

The teacher is simply not eloquent enough to express herself effectively in English Language. Perhaps she meant something else in vernacular.
In anycase the teacher is unqualified.

Reminds me of a man who was asked to give vote of thanks after a sumptuous meal who concluded by saying:
"... Infact We Are Fed Up". cheesy

This is infact the quote of the day /.... " Infact We Are Fed Up " Yoruba Translation lol
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by luvtoteach(f): 5:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
Some just posted that for fun, it's not real because the school principal didn't sign the report card.
Student/pupil can't go home without a report been sign by the school principal.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by luvtoteach(f): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2022
Someone just posted that for fun, it's not real because the school principal didn't sign the report card.
Student/pupil can't go home without a reportcard been sign by the school principal.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by tiswell(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:

I guess that's your child/ward.
Train ya child well at home and stop looking for validation from social media.

The teacher wrote what she observed sad
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by TheGift: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

Exactly. This approach is more professional than the way she went about it.

I don't think it's a case of "special needs" I think it has to do with the child's unruly behavior or even behaving possessed. Note that she said "he doesn't behave like a human being" and not "he doesn't behave normal"
They are two different things.

I once had an experience where after disciplining a boy for not paying attention and later failing the question being asked. This boy started staring at me in a strange and creepy way. If i rebuke him, he'll calm down, then start again and I kept rebuking him to stop staring at me like that and look into his book. I caught him like three times and kept rebuking. Now that's strange. Dunno what he was trying to do but I suppressed him grin.

That's one of the strange behaviors she might be talking about and so many I do not wish to say here.

Hope the parents take it in good fate.

That behavior you described is normal behavior for little/young human beings . Maybe it is you the adult who was abnormally upset by childish behavior.

If you were more understanding, you may have stopped the staring earlier. But you were focused on "Suppressing" the little child that you are meant to help with expressing.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by CJ310(m): 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2022
The teacher and the principal are both moving mad! This result isn’t so good and can be improved upon but it’s not a very poor performance. However, it seems like the child has known behavioral issues. They can address same specifically and professionally.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by brightDdon(m): 6:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
WibusJaga:

The teacher is simply not eloquent enough to express herself effectively in English Language. Perhaps she meant something else in vernacular.
In anycase the teacher is unqualified.

Reminds me of a man who was asked to give vote of thanks after a sumptuous meal who concluded by saying:
"... Infact We Are Fed Up". cheesy

smiley cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by WithFact: 6:07pm On Jul 25, 2022
The teacher need salary increment or regularly payment or I'll approve advance loan for the teacher.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by edunaragold(f): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
She is an alian
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by WithFact: 6:11pm On Jul 25, 2022
The teacher need salary increment or regularly payment or I'll approve advance loan for the teacher.

If I do all these things and he still experiencing the haulicination, I'll call pastor or Mallam for deliverance. He'll be fine and his normal looking will be restored. grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by maureensylvia(f): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
tiswell:
I guess that's your child/ward.
Train ya child well at home and stop looking for validation from social media.

The teacher wrote what she observed sad

You're wrong
Absolutely wrong
I don't have a grown kid of such age
My daughter is even in playgroup

Don't make hasty conclusions, doesn't speak good of you, sir.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by maureensylvia(f): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2022
CJ310:
The teacher and the principal are both moving mad! This result isn’t so good and can be improved upon but it’s not a very poor performance. However, it seems like the child has known behavioral issues. They can address same specifically and professionally.

I agree with you
"behavioral issues"
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Ppp1p: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2022
Really
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by elinaxy(m): 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
You are now specifying to a male child meanwhile the original specify to a female
Blessedmercy8:

Exactly. This approach is more professional than the way she went about it.

I don't think it's a case of "special needs" I think it has to do with the child's unruly behavior or even behaving possessed. Note that she said "he doesn't behave like a human being" and not "he doesn't behave normal"
They are two different things.

I once had an experience where after disciplining a boy for not paying attention and later failing the question being asked. This boy started staring at me in a strange and creepy way. If i rebuke him, he'll calm down, then start again and I kept rebuking him to stop staring at me like that and look into his book. I caught him like three times and kept rebuking. Now that's strange. Dunno what he was trying to do but I suppressed him grin.

That's one of the strange behaviors she might be talking about and so many I do not wish to say here.

Hope the parents take it in good fate.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by tiswell(m): 6:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:

You're wrong
Absolutely wrong
I don't have a grown kid of such age
My daughter is even in playgroup

Don't make hasty conclusions, doesn't speak good of you, sir.
No,you misinterpreted my position.I said 'I guess"...

It's relative,not definite.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by TheSpellChecker: 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2022
The teacher's grammar is somewhat poor.

I believe it should be "a human being".
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by maureensylvia(f): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2022
tiswell:
No,you misinterpreted my position.I said 'I guess"...

It's relative,not definite.

Ok sir
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by placeofallure(f): 6:46pm On Jul 25, 2022
Alapojamesy:
Some parents really needs to work on their children.. Most of them were seeing these signs, but they're too busy to put them in statutory position.. They will just bring their children and dump them in school and japa..
Some have been given prior noticed of their children's derogatory activities or attitudes but they choose to to care..
Well, to train a child includes both the parent and the school. They both have roles to play..

You can compare a teacher and what he sees to Musa at the gate and what he sees too.

I once told a parent that the daughter is a "roughian" I mean the notes and her work generally, only for the mother to say she's not rough in Jesus name. Na me be devil abi?
The thing is some parents don't want to hear the truth about their children. Me I don't know how to sugarcoat. I try to be as professional as I can be, but I'll tell you the truth. I don't know how to play dilly-dally with a child's life.

In the case above, what the teacher wrote is unethical, especially on a record that's gonna stand forever. She should have facilitated a meeting with the parents instead.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Alapojamesy: 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2022
placeofallure:

You can compare a teacher and what he sees to Musa at the gate and what he sees too.

I once told a parent that the daughter is a "roughian" I mean the notes and her work generally, only for the mother to say she's not rough in Jesus name. Na me be devil abi?
The thing is some parents don't want to hear the truth about their children. Me I don't know how to sugarcoat. I try to be as professional as I can be, but I'll tell you the truth. I don't know how to play dilly-dally with a child's life.

In the case above, what the teacher wrote is unethical, especially on a record that's gonna stand forever. She should have facilitated a meeting with the parents instead.

You're right.. But most times, desperate time comes.. Probably the teacher is just being transparent..
Some religious parents, once you tell them the deeds of their children, they will you religious fallacy to debunk you..
Most people should know that some truth can cause damages, likes in this case..
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by OBTOREPA(m): 7:06pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:

Nothing but to train the child well ma
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Buffalo2(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Even though this is highly unethical, I still feel some parents need to be informed of some strange or akward behavior their wards exhibit in school.

In my years of experience as a teacher, I've seen some behavioral problems that I sometimes wish to pen down similar reports in their scripts or assignments but then I remember the code of conduct and refrain from doing such. Though this does not stop us from discussing it in class among ourselves. I'm sure the teacher must have complained and discussed this with her colleagues who prolly advised her wrongly to go ahead and make such remarks.
Some students can frustrate ones career.

Teachers should be highly rewarded and appreciated in this part of the world because they are encountering a lot in this field/profession otherwise this kind of remarks will become the order of the day.

Note:
Before you come at me, note that I already condemned the act in my first paragraph.

You have said all my brother. Teachers are seeing hell nowadays from stupid students being backed up by half-baked parents. Money seeking school owners also add to the issue with some draconian and morale killing rules.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Duokc: 7:18pm On Jul 25, 2022
How's the teacher wicked? Guess she said the fact in unprofessional way..
It's better you take a proper look at your child..

quote author=maureensylvia post=115065021]I saw this on WhatsApp group.

[/quote]
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Veeryeasy(m): 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2022
I'll meet up with my child's teacher to know how she's behaving
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Sleekfingers: 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2022
maureensylvia:

Make una see a 21st century teacher for naija ooo
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Egobekeone: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2022
Haba, that was too harsh.
Am a teacher who understands how anoying these children can be.
There are better words to use instead of that.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Emdebby2: 9:10pm On Jul 25, 2022
The teacher didn't study education.
Re: What Kind Of Wicked Teacher Is This? What Would You Do As A Parent? by Kooldame: 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
I am a teacher and I can just simply say
He/she is not a well- behaved student
He /she is an irresponsible student
A very rude student
He /she behaves like a tout e.t.c
He /she is not a good student

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Professor Sanjay: The Most Published Researcher In Nigeria Is Not A Nigerian / When Daddy Graduated From The University Through Runs (Photo) / I Am Finished. Bet9ja Virtual Has Ruined My Education,my Life And My Soul. HELP!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.