Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? (3693 Views)

"We Started Out As Flower Boy And Girl” – Man Weds Childhood Crush / Who Is A Narcissist And How Are You Sure You Are Not Dating Or About To Date One / Can A Boy And A Girl Be Best Friends Without Falling In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by magnum247: 12:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
You go just dey create nonsense post
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by pansophist(m): 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
In the rare situations where both of them ain't attracted to each other, then yes it's possible. And by rare situation, I mean it in the context of when one is gay, and the other is a lesbian.

It takes a high level of self-control and moral excellence to be true friend, as in bestie of the opposite sex. Nature doesn't care about your morality.

6 Likes

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2022
stanliwise:
Noted.
But There is no really friendship between them, what is OP still doing with him. Both are playing a game.
Read the OP again. They were friends before he began acting up. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
Itzurboi:
Then make your partner that friend...
Because na only her partner fit be your friend? undecided
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Itzurboi(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Because na only her partner fit be your friend? undecided
I support that opinion of yours, are we good now?
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Savedday: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2022
9ja girls don't love and dey will never love u.

They are nothing but useless. All of them...

Know this and know peace
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
No, eventually friendship leads to intimacy, it may linger but is bound to happen sooner than later, speaking from experience

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Lindalilian: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
I've a female friend and since 2015 till date nothing sexual has happened btw us.

Beautiful 100%
Fair yes
Kind oh my God yes over kind de worry her
Can cook 100%, what else?
Sometimes we even eat and feed eachother in her dad's house...... Her dad once called me and asked me to marry her, we both talked about it and both agreed that we don't want each other, I'm Igbo she's Yoruba, she don't want Igbo, and I don't want yoruba. There was never ever any single feelings till date.

We literally exchange everything, cloths o to slippers and even boxers, food and what have u... No secrets hidden, all excapades and all must be discussed no lying! Damn she was all in one for me.

She's now married and we are still friends, the husband even knows me as her best friend, she now has a baby she gave birth to last month, she lost one baby previously.

She's the best friend I ever had!

I can have a female friend without sex or feelings - don't make me friend zone you or sister zone you, you probably won't like it �

She's been brooding about her husband lack of over recently and carefree attitude coupled with womanising, I feel for her...... I wish she could take things easy and not marry yet but, well... I don't know, I want to replace her with another friend, I don't want to meddle in her marriage life, but letting go is just hard.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Aklee4994(m): 11:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
In MAY D voice have you ever seen a lion chilling with the dog...omo nah to chop am oooo
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by RaptObserver: 3:29am On Jul 28, 2022
kmaster007:
I have a very close male friend. We are not dating and we haven’t really done anything romantic although we have told each other almost everything about ourselves and we have spent a lot of time together gisting and generally having good times.

I just like him as a friend but I am not sexually attracted to him.

He actually hasn’t ever asked me out but sometimes he sends me some odd text messages talking about how much he cares for me and how much our friendship means to him and all that.

Also he has dated and broken up with about five girls since I knew him.

I see him as just a normal friend, more like a brother but I am beginning to suspect that he sees me as more than a friend because he gets angry when he sees me talking with other guys and he always tries to act over-protective.

It became so annoying that one day I had to ask him what his problem was. When I tried talking to him about this attitude of his, he got angry and started acting funny. Now we are not on talking terms because I told him to respect himself and give me some space.

He is my very good friend and I like him because he’s a nice guy and I don’t want to lose his friendship.

The moment I meet girl I don't wish to be intimate with, we can be friends for hundred years and I won't cross the line. I don't give my body to women anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Nobody: 4:58am On Jul 28, 2022
Petyprincess:
Yes it possible but extremely rare.
I don’t even make male friends anymore because they end up trying to confess their feelings and it’s so annoying!!!

I was finally happy I have a male friend in school that cook for me whenever I am busy and was thanking God that finally I have a genuine friend, since we got home for holiday, he also started confessing his feelings for me even when he knows I have a partner, it’s honestly so tiring and sad.

Sometimes we ladies needs just a friend.

Look for your fellow woman if you want friends. Only dumb guys fall for that friend nonsense because they hope someday you'll end up in their arms.

I know why you ladies just want so many guys as patonic friends. So they'll be catering to you without you stressing about paying back with s3x. At least if you have like 10 of the mugu that cooks for you grin you'll share responsibility amongst them.

The present mugu will be cooking for you as you have stated

Second mugu will be sending you recharge card

Third mugu will be in charge of changing your wardrobe and buying accessories

Fourth mugu will be in charge of outings, dinner dates and food provision

5th mugun will be helping with house maintenance and repairs especially if he's an electrician or engineer

6th mugu will be in charge of your transportation since he owns a car he can come and pick you up wherever you are and if he can he can order Uber for you

7th mugu will place you on monthly allowance of like 50k to sort some things out

8th mugu if you are still a student is the one that will help with school work, do assignment, type project and even be your personal tutor

9th mugu will be in charge of renewing your phone when it is old and outdated

10th mugu will definitely be the one to sort out your rent

But there is one unfortunate fool that these 10 mugus are working for grin he never does anything for you but he gets what does 10 mugu are paying and hoping to get for free smiley . He's the lucky bastard, the macho man. The 10 mugu friends do all the work for him.

You need guy friends and not your fellow women because your fellow woman no send you undecided and you can't extract those favours and benefits from them. Una and una fish brain thinking smiley

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by stanliwise(m): 7:04am On Jul 28, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Read the OP again. They were friends before he began acting up. undecided
They are not friends. It’s clear that word only was used so as they should do what they wanted
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
stanliwise:

They are not friends. It’s clear that word only was used so as they should do what they wanted
Come on! So it is only friendship if it is defined exactly your way? undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 28, 2022
Petyprincess:
Yes it possible but extremely rare.
I don’t even make male friends anymore because they end up trying to confess their feelings and it’s so annoying!!!

I was finally happy I have a male friend in school that cook for me whenever I am busy and was thanking God that finally I have a genuine friend, since we got home for holiday, he also started confessing his feelings for me even when he knows I have a partner, it’s honestly so tiring and sad.

Sometimes we ladies needs just a friend.

When we advise you to make friends with your gender, you'll refuse because you know you cannot cheat or use them to your advantage. Imagine a guy taking his time, effort, and money to cook for you and you think it's free.

Madam, it's not free. Food is never free. To whom food is given,relationship is expected. if you know you will reject his relationship down the line, reject his food at the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
Can goat and yam be friends? Men and women can never be friends. When a man and woman become too close as you and that unfortunate guy are right now, one would begin catching feelings for the other. It's not him or you, it's nature.
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Lamas2012(m): 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
Just a matter of time remember friendship leads to another level...except the intention is pure and based on fate if not we are still here and not tired of please hide my identity post.
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by stanliwise(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Come on! So it is only friendship if it is defined exactly your way? undecided
if two people truely see each other as friends then they are friends.
Else one of them is front friendship and someday the OP experience is near
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2022
stanliwise:
if two people truely see each other as friends then they are friends.
Else one of them is front friendship and someday the OP experience is near
Relationships don't operate on a fixed status. The bond fluctuates over time and it is for those involved to reevaluate the tie between them. As OP explained, they were friends, until the one decided it had to be something else and on his terms and that is where the friction began. You cannot force another to be more than just friends with you. And so, OP finds herself where she is today. That doesn't change the fact that they were just friends before this point in time, and nothing of this says they cannot go back to the way they used to be after all this blows over. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by stanliwise(m): 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Relationships don't operate on a fixed status. The bond fluctuates over time and it is for those involved to reevaluate the tie between them. As OP explained, they were friends, until the one decided it had to be something else and on his terms and that is where the friction began. You cannot force another to be more than just friends with you. And so, OP finds herself where she is today. That doesn't change the fact that they were just friends before this point in time, and nothing of this says they cannot go back to the way they used to be after all this blows over. undecided
Actually you have a point but isn't it that this friendship has now hit the rock?
You can't still be forming friend for someone who has showed interest in you.
It is cake either 'eaten' or 'have it', one can't have the two.
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2022
stanliwise:
Actually you have a point but isn't it that this friendship has now hit the rock?
You can't still be forming friend for someone who has showed interest in you.
It is cake either 'eaten' or 'have it', one can't have the two.
Not necessarily! It has hit a rock but that doesn't mean it cannot bounce back stronger after it. It all depends on how valuable the friendship is or was to those involved. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by stanliwise(m): 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Not necessarily! It has hit a rock but that doesn't mean it cannot bounce back stronger after it. It all depends on how valuable the friendship is or was to those involved. undecided
you can't have a cake and eat it.
Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Aug 01, 2022
stanliwise:
you can't have a cake and eat it.
I can tell that you are probably very young and inexperienced is all. undecided

Many of those I have as friends today used to be people who at one point in time I believed I had feelings or some sort of crush on. In life, as you mature, you realize these emotions are fluid and depend mostly on what you choose to do with them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Guy And Girl Be Close Friends Without Dating Or Romance? by Autobot05: 2:41am On Aug 02, 2022
Yeah but these girls usually convert us to simps in the name of asking for Favors… so I stopped

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Loves Me But She Is With Another Guy..what Should I Do? / Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me / JEEZZ!! Maheeda Uploads New Raunchy Photos (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.