Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,128 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? (1544 Views)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. / Why Are Muslims Ashamed Of How Muhammad Died? / Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2022
El Elohe Yahshrael!

2 Kings 2: 23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”

The attempt was to ridicule Elisha and make him feel inferior. This was Satan's aim, seeing that Elisha was highly esteemed and had just taken over from EliYah, the tormentor of his kingdom of darkness. The exact seed that Satan wanted to use those miscreants to sow in the mind and life of the great servant of YHVH Almighty never found its way.

Those miscreants wanted to reduce Elisha to the level they could trample upon, but his Maker, YHVH Almighty, who had called and anointed him, would have none of it.

Should men be ashamed of baldness?

Does baldness have any impact on the quality of life of an individual?

El Elohe Yahshrael! Hallelu YAH!
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by bottlewater1(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2022
Ashamed of what and why !?
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by AntiChristian: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

Yes o! That's why He cursed the lads!

I remember this curse hmm!

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-24)
23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
bottlewater1:
Ashamed of what and why !?

That is what we are here to find out.
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
AntiChristian:

Yes o! That's why He cursed the lads!

I remember this curse hmm!

Elisha and the Two Bears (2 Kings 2:23-24)
23 Then he (Elisha) went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Are you saying that men should be ashamed of baldness?
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:

Are you saying that it is just for 40 kids to die gruesomely for jeering your prophet?

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:
El Elohe Yahshrael!

2 Kings 2: 23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”

The attempt was to ridicule Elisha and make him feel inferior. This was Satan's aim, seeing that Elisha was highly esteemed and had just taken over from EliYah, the tormentor of his kingdom of darkness. The exact seed that Satan wanted to use those miscreants to sow in the mind and life of the great servant of YHVH Almighty never found its way.

Those miscreants wanted to reduce Elisha to the level they could trample upon, but his Maker, YHVH Almighty, who had called and anointed him, would have none of it.

"Go up [in a whirlwind], you baldhead"

The baldhead was not the provocation, doesn't it remind you of when Satan misquoted scripture to Jesus, telling him to jump down. And Jesus said, tempt not the Lord God.
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

Are you saying that it is just for 40 kids to die gruesomely for jeering your prophet?

grin

What exactly do you want to hear?

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

grin
do bears kill or they maul? Did the Bears maul them?

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:

What exactly do you want to hear?

Your answer.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 1:14pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
do bears kill or they maul? Did the Bears maul them?

What are you trying to say?
Do not be afraid to bring out your point pls.

grin
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

What are you trying to say?
Do not be afraid to bring out your point pls.

grin
it is written, Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

why assume they were killed?

My point is that they may have just be wounded, and what's your agenda if they were killed? Are you saying you are better than hurting those who mock you
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
it is written, Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys.

And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

why assume they were killed?

My point is that they may have just be wounded, and what's your agenda if they were killed? Are you saying you are better than hurting those who mock you

You sef know deep inside you that what they did was not worth being mauled - either to death or not, and no matter how you try to justified it, we can still compare it with Deborah Samuel's killing.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 1:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

You sef know deep inside you that what they did was not worth being mauled - either to death or not, and no matter how you try to justified it, we can still compare it with Deborah Samuel's killing.

grin
how do you know what's deep inside anyone?

I asked you, and ask you again, as least you should know yourself, if you get mocked in the future by all your juniors or by street kids, would you do better than Elisha did?

If you believe mocking God by mocking what he has done or whom he chooses is not worth be mauled for, why not either experience it by being the mocker or the mocked
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
how do you know what's deep inside anyone?

I asked you, and ask you again, as least you should know yourself, if you get mocked in the future by all your juniors or by street kids, would you do better than Elisha did?

If you believe mocking God by mocking what he has done or whom he chooses is not worth be mauled for, why not either experience it by being the mocker or the mocked

Ok, so it's right to 'maul' those that mock you?
Well, I have been mocked and bullied before and I won't even thinking of physically hurting those that did so talk more of wishing they were 'mauled' my bears. Thanks.

grin

1 Like

Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2022
gohf:
how do you know what's deep inside anyone

It shows from your 'trying to not make it look like grusome murder'

grin
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 1:49pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

Ok, so it's right to 'maul' those that mock you?
Well, I have been mocked and bullied before and I won't even thinking of physically hurting those that did so talk more of wishing they were 'mauled' my bears. Thanks.

grin
that's good to know, it's good that you don't curse nor judge those who hurt you

But are you judging Elisha for what he did?
Or do you mock others and hope to get away with it?

For your question, if God kills or hurts all those who mock me, what's my business. If a father or a king does something to protect his children or warn others from hurting them, what is your business?
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by AntiChristian: 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:

Not really! You can cover it always!
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gohf: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2022
gsegun43:

It shows from your 'trying to not make it look like grusome murder'

grin
gruesome murder or peaceful murder, does it matter to you.

Oh wait, the more gruesome the more it would fit your narrative, even if it's a lie?
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:
1. 2 Kings 2: 23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!”

2. The attempt was to ridicule Elisha and make him feel inferior. This was Satan's aim, seeing that Elisha was highly esteemed and had just taken over from EliYah, the tormentor of his kingdom of darkness. The exact seed that Satan wanted to use those miscreants to sow in the mind and life of the great servant of YHVH Almighty never found its way. Those miscreants wanted to reduce Elisha to the level they could trample upon, but his Maker, YHVH Almighty, who had called and anointed him, would have none of it. Should men be ashamed of baldness? Does baldness have any impact on the quality of life of an individual?
Now in the case of Elisha and the 40 children, there is a context to that story you conveniently ignore. Before Elisha was established as a prophet, many of God's prophet's in the land had been hunted down and murdered by the people who had mostly turned to idol worshipping. The few remaining prophets went into hiding, some thanks to Obadiah. Elijah, a major prophet at the time panicked and ran for his life for fear that he was next but in 1 kings 19, we read of how God sent him back so he could anoint those he had chosen to resolve the problem, this after So many of His prophets had been used for target practice. undecided

So in 2 Kings 2, the killings have ended, King Ahab, and his wife Jezebel, is out of the picture, and Elijah is replaced by Elisha as the major prophet. Now Elisha is written to have been followed out of the city of Bethel by a group of about 40 boys, all of them mocking them and posing a possible threat, this in the same land that only recently made target practice out of prophets. Elisha couldn't dial 911, so He did the best thing which was to call on the God who only recently installed him as a prophet. And God responded with a vengeance sending a message to all in the land that He would not tolerate a repeat of recent events. And His message was clearly received in all of Israel too because at no other time is it written, after that, that God's prophets were rounded up and massacred in a similar manner by the people of Israel. undecided

2. You folks need to quit with what seems a Satan delusion, so you can in fact see what is written as it is written. undecided
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by spencekat(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2022
Elijah was a short tempered prophet
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Kobojunkie: 5:26pm On Jul 27, 2022
spencekat:
Elijah was a short tempered prophet
This story is about Elisha, not Elijah. undecided
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by spencekat(m): 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This story is about Elisha, not Elijah. undecided
Elisha got a mantle of power from Elijah naa
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2022
spencekat:
Elisha got a mantle of power from Elijah naa
What does a mantle of power from Elijah mean? A transfer of Elijah's very own personality to Elisha? undecided
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Now in the case of Elisha and the 40 children, there is a context to that story you conveniently ignore. Before Elisha was established as a prophet, many of God's prophet's in the land had been hunted down and murdered by the people who had mostly turned to idol worshipping. The few remaining prophets went into hiding, some thanks to Obadiah. Elijah, a major prophet at the time panicked and ran for his life for fear that he was next but in 1 kings 19, we read of how God sent him back so he could anoint those he had chosen to resolve the problem, this after So many of His prophets had been used for target practice. undecided

So in 2 Kings 2, the killings have ended, King Ahab, and his wife Jezebel, is out of the picture, and Elijah is replaced by Elisha as the major prophet. Now Elisha is written to have been followed out of the city of Bethel by a group of about 40 boys, all of them mocking them and posing a possible threat, this in the same land that only recently made target practice out of prophets. Elisha couldn't dial 911, so He did the best thing which was to call on the God who only recently installed him as a prophet. And God responded with a vengeance sending a message to all in the land that He would not tolerate a repeat of recent events. And His message was clearly received in all of Israel too because at no other time is it written, after that, that God's prophets were rounded up and massacred in a similar manner by the people of Israel. undecided

2. You folks need to quit with what seems a Satan delusion, so you can in fact see what is written as it is written. undecided

At the emboldened, what delusion are you talking about? Are your assertions explicitly written in the Scriptures? Aren't they your very own inferences and conclusion? You are entitled to your own interpretation based on your understanding of what transpired. Don't make it sound like it was written anywhere in the Scriptures.
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:
1. At the emboldened, what delusion are you talking about?

2. Are your assertions explicitly written in the Scriptures? Aren't they your very own inferences and conclusion?

3. You are entitled to your own interpretation based on your understanding of what transpired. Don't make it sound like it was written anywhere in the Scriptures.
1. There is absolutely no mention of Satan in the context in question yet you conveniently included his name in this. Isn't that a clear indication that you don't respect what is written at all? undecided

2. You tell me. What part of my assertions conflicts with what you written? undecided

Tell me then. What aspect of those inferences contradict what is written? undecided

3. I didn't interpret anything since all I did here was apply basic human language comprehension in my understanding of what is infact written. An interpretation is unnecessary since the information is presented in human language. undecided
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by TheElated177: 10:07pm On Jul 27, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. There is absolutely no mention of Satan in the context in question yet you conveniently included his name in this. Isn't that a clear indication that you don't respect what is written at all? undecided

2. You tell me. What part of my assertions conflicts with what you written? undecided

Tell me then. What aspect of those inferences contradict what is written? undecided

3. I didn't interpret anything since all I did here was apply basic human language comprehension in my understanding of what is infact written. An interpretation is unnecessary since the information is presented in human language. undecided

Matthew 16: 22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” 23 Yahushua turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Just one question, kobojunkie, is Peter Satan?
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by NNTR: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2022
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2022
TheElated177:
Matthew 16: 22 Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” 23 Yahushua turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.”

Just one question, kobojunkie, is Peter Satan?
Peter's name is not Satan so why would anyone assume Peter Satan? undecided

Since the context of the other is the Old Covenant(Land of Canaan), why assume the place of Satan in that context is the same as that which He occupies in the New Covenant(Kingdom of God)? undecided
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by Wilgrea7(m): 4:48am On Jul 28, 2022
gsegun43:

grin

I heard this story as a Christian.. but i never found it weird until i really thought about it.

So 42 children are standing there mocking a prophet.. a bear comes out.. and they don't run?

Like.. a bear can only focus on a handful of kids at a time. 2 bears are really not that much compared to 42 children.

And for some reason.. the children just decided to stand there and wait for their turn instead of running?

Sounds like something only a horror movie character would do
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 5:49am On Jul 28, 2022
gohf:
that's good to know, it's good that you don't curse nor judge those who hurt you

Hurt me by saying I have a bald head and/or I should fvck off should not warrant raining curses on them.

gohf:
But are you judging Elisha for what he did?
Or do you mock others and hope to get away with it?

I know you will be among the first to condemn Deborah Samuel's killing for mocking other people's religion, and I am not only judging Elisha but also condemning your so called merciful and just god for responding in such manner.

gohf:
For your question, if God kills or hurts all those who mock me, what's my business. If a father or a king does something to protect his children or warn others from hurting them, what is your business?

So if your son comes home from school and report his classmates (or juniors) to you for mocking him, you will send assasins to them? And you will come here to condemn Muslims killing for their God oo. SMH.

grin
Re: Is Baldness Something To Be Ashamed Of? by gsegun43: 5:51am On Jul 28, 2022
Wilgrea7:

I heard this story as a Christian.. but i never found it weird until i really thought about it.

So 42 children are standing there mocking a prophet.. a bear comes out.. and they don't run?

Like.. a bear can only focus on a handful of kids at a time. 2 bears are really not that much compared to 42 children.

And for some reason.. the children just decided to stand there and wait for their turn instead of running?

Sounds like something only a horror movie character would do

True

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Focus On Jesus: Absolute Image Of Perfection / What Is The Meaning Of Bible Believing Churches And Who Are They And Not? / Pastor Mike Bamiloye's Tribute To His Wife "My Dearest Single Sisters"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.