Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? (5201 Views)

Black Cinderella Calls On Kenyan Ashawos To Come & Protect Nigerian Customers / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / Naira For Shillings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2022
Any idea guys? I don't want to convert it to dollars, at all. Is there a way I can do it here before getting to Nairobi?
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by Nobody: 3:08am On Aug 04, 2022
Download chipper app before you leave here .

TheOldGods:
Any idea guys? I don't want to convert it to dollars, at all. Is there a way I can do it here before getting to Nairobi?
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 12:01pm On Aug 04, 2022
businesshub101:
Download chipper app before you leave here .

I have downloaded it. But there is no option to convert the money to Kenyan shillings, or do I need to be in Kenya to do it?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by tianyx(f): 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2022
How were you able to do the conversion?
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by Warmaterial(m): 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2022
Better change to dollar before landing. I don duam before wetin safe me na say I change 70% of my naira to dollar before getting to Nairobi if not omo u go waka taya yet the answer go be 'please we don't change naira' .
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 3:27pm On Aug 04, 2022
tianyx:
How were you able to do the conversion?
no but I'm talking with some of my Kenyan friends. I've downloaded the app. I won't recommend converting the money to dollars because the dollar rate is so huge and you will loose alot. Example convert 3million Naira to dollar is 4000$.
And when you get to Kenya and exchange it you only have about 472,000 Kenyan shilling a, which is useless house rent alone is gone with that. But if you convert directly to Kenya shilling you get like 983,000 Kenyan shiliywhich is better than 47k

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 3:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Warmaterial:
Better change to dollar before landing. I don duam before wetin safe me na say I change 70% of my naira to dollar before getting to Nairobi if not omo u go waka taya yet the answer go be 'please we don't change naira' .
that will be the worst mistake I want to do. Maybe I can have like 300$ with me for emergency, check my post
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by okeysoninv: 4:38pm On Aug 04, 2022
TheOldGods:
no but I'm talking with some of my Kenyan friends. I've downloaded the app. I won't recommend converting the money to dollars because the dollar rate is so huge and you will loose alot. Example convert 3million Naira to dollar is 4000$.
And when you get to Kenya and exchange it you only have about 472,000 Kenyan shilling a, which is useless house rent alone is gone with that. But if you convert directly to Kenya shilling you get like 983,000 Kenyan shiliywhich is better than 47k

do you mean you can convert naira to Kenya shillings using CBN official rate. I need you to explain further.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2022
TheOldGods:
I have downloaded it. But there is no option to convert the money to Kenyan shillings, or do I need to be in Kenya to do it?

It avails you opportunity to send and receive funds in Kenya....

You must also have it verified then get to Kenya and link your registered mobile money account for Kenya

Or better still. I can give you the phone number of my vendor in Kenya who can help you convert.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2022
businesshub101:

You must also have it verified then get to Kenya and link your registered mobile money account for Kenya

Or better still. I can give you the phone number of my vendor in Kenya who can help you convert.

Let me understand correctly, all I need to do is to push all my money in naira to chipper. Then once I get to Kenya, I will buy a number and change it in the chipper app which will detect that it's Kenya number, and then I can be able to convert the naira to Kenya shilling in the chipper app? I don't want to convert my money to dollars at all

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 04, 2022
TheOldGods:

Let me understand correctly, all I need to do is to push all my money in naira to chipper. Then once I get to Kenya, I will buy a number and change it in the chipper app which will detect that it's Kenya number, and then I can be able to convert the naira to Kenya shilling in the chipper app? I don't want to convert my money to dollars at all

Register chipper here and verify. Link with your local bank. When you get down to Kenya.

Register a momo in your name, then you can send money into it. Or better still.

Download prestmit app from play store.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by POWERFULGOD: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Chipper cash don't send to Kenya again
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by POWERFULGOD: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2022
TheOldGods:

I'm into exchange in Nairobi, send me dm ...
P. S
You don't need to change your naira, come over first, all you need to do is to call me at a place of your choice., you will send me naira in my Nigeria account and I will give you Kenya shilling cash or to your mpesa mobile money .

P. Ss
Being the first time , I will prefer we meet one on one to any place of your choice.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by okeysoninv: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
POWERFULGOD:

P. S
You don't need to change your naira, come over first, all you need to do is to call me at a place of your choice., you will send me naira in my Nigeria account and I will give you Kenya shilling cash or to your mpesa mobile money .
how much is naira to Kenya shillings

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by POWERFULGOD: 12:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
how much is naira to Kenya shillings
Depends on how much you want to change... But I will buy at the rate of 5.0 to shilling if you are selling 500k and above.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 1:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
POWERFULGOD:

P. S

P. Ss
Being the first time , I will prefer we meet one on one to any place of your choice.
kindly give me you email address let me text you or mobile number thanks. Do you stay in Nairobi?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2022
POWERFULGOD:

Depends on how much you want to change... But I will buy at the rate of 5.0 to shilling if you are selling 500k and above.
5.0 is too much, I didn't even see this comment, so you're charging over 8200 naira per a 100 k transaction.
So if I exchange 4million naira then I'm loosing 200,000 Kenya shillings. Which is about 1.7million naira

At 325k Kenyan shilling at 5.0 per exchange. Mad oo, it's even more expensive than going with the dollar.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by okeysoninv: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
TheOldGods:
5.0 is too much, I didn't even see this comment, so you're charging over 8200 naira per a 100 k transaction.
So if I exchange 4million naira then I'm loosing 200,000 Kenya shillings. Which is about 1.7million naira

At 325k Kenyan shilling at 5.0 per exchange. Mad oo, it's even more expensive than going with the dollar.
you haven't stated the correct price
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
you haven't stated the correct price
can you help me calculate it then, maybe my maths was wrong
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by okeysoninv: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2022
TheOldGods:
can you help me calculate it then, maybe my maths was wrong
the guy price is ok. ist calculate the USD to Kenya shillings.which is about 119. then multiple kes to naira given price(5) to get a Dollar equivalent that should be 600naira.its even cheaper than black market dollar rate.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
the guy price is ok. ist calculate the USD to Kenya shillings.which is about 119. then multiple kes to naira given price(5) to get a Dollar equivalent that should be 600naira.its even cheaper than black market dollar rate.
his price is highKenya to naira is 3.50. Let's assume we use a black market price atleast 4.0 to 1 naira or even 4.3 to 1 naira could be better, but 5 to naira, that's too much.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 5:52pm On Aug 05, 2022
Update: one of my friend told me to get over to Benin Republic (Cotonou, and exchange naira to CFA) then convert to dollars, this way I won't loose as much) I am still calculating that...
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by cmoney22222: 6:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
Calculate when pls
TheOldGods:
Update: one of my friend told me to get over to Benin Republic (Cotonou, and exchange naira to CFA) then convert to dollars, this way I won't loose as much) I am still calculating that...
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by cmoney22222: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2022
How much can you do rate for 1m in naira
POWERFULGOD:

P. S

P. Ss
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2022
cmoney22222:
How much can you do rate for 1m in naira
just divide 1million by 5, that is his exchange rate.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by okeysoninv: 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
TheOldGods:
his price is highKenya to naira is 3.50. Let's assume we use a black market price atleast 4.0 to 1 naira or even 4.3 to 1 naira could be better, but 5 to naira, that's too much.
that's officially rate is 3.50. do the maths 3.50 multiply 120. give you #420 in office rate of dollar. multiply 5 by 120. gives 600 at black market for dollar. so he is very cheaper than most parallel rate. take note you can't buy dollar at official rate from banks. except you going for PTA/BTA. form A. which can be difficult to procure.
Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2022
okeysoninv:
that's officially rate is 3.50. do the maths 3.50 multiply 120. give you #420 in office rate of dollar. multiply 5 by 120. gives 600 at black market for dollar. so he is very cheaper than most parallel rate. take note you can't buy dollar at official rate from banks. except you going for PTA/BTA. form A. which can be difficult to procure.
I stated earlier that the whole goal in which I needed my funds converted to Kenyan shillings directly is because, of the devaluation of our currency, making my money useless. I am looking and running away from converting my money to dollars directly. If possible I can convert my money in Cotonou to CFA then convert the CFA to dollars, even though I may loose some money, it won't be as huge as loosing over 400k naira in one sitting

Besides the difference is is clear, I am buying Kenyan shilling and not dollars, the current exchange rate of Kenya shilling is 3.50, on a max 4. Why should I pay the same money in dollars, while I'm buying Kenyan shillings directly. It doesn't make sense.

Besides, where are you getting the 120 that you are multiplying the factors with?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by kafeii123: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2022
TheOldGods:
I stated earlier that the whole goal in which I needed my funds converted to Kenyan shillings directly is because, of the devaluation of our currency, making my money useless. I am looking and running away from converting my money to dollars directly. If possible I can convert my money in Cotonou to CFA then convert the CFA to dollars, even though I may loose some money, it won't be as huge as loosing over 400k naira in one sitting

Besides the difference is is clear, I am buying Kenyan shilling and not dollars, the current exchange rate of Kenya shilling is 3.50, on a max 4. Why should I pay the same money in dollars, while I'm buying Kenyan shillings directly. It doesn't make sense.

Besides, where are you getting the 120 that you are multiplying the factors with?

local black market rate for kenyan shilling to a naira is between 5-6... so

1 Like

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by cmoney22222: 9:12am On Aug 06, 2022
Does this vendor convert Nigeria to ksh too? Pls confirm

businesshub101:

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by cmoney22222: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2022
Give me your contact

POWERFULGOD:

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by cmoney22222: 9:26am On Aug 06, 2022
I think if you still convert to Cfa it’s still at black market rate. Do you know much much Nsiraxto Cfa rate is at today from Black market. Make we just tell the guy to reduce rate small then we do business

TheOldGods:

Re: How Can I Convert My Naira Directly To Kenyan Shillings? by TheOldGods: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2022
cmoney22222:
I think if you still convert to Cfa it’s still at black market rate. Do you know much much Nsiraxto Cfa rate is at today from Black market. Make we just tell the guy to reduce rate small then we do business

I think it will be better to convert to CFA, because naira is higher than cefa, and thus, I figured that I will even make more money converting to cefa. With my calculations. I'm going to Cotonou tomorrow.

For example, I remember my dad taking 1 million about years back and getting to Cotonou to buy a car, exchanges the money and bought a car that was selling for 2 million then in Nigeria for 1 million, due to high exchange rate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Visa Denial: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Denial? / Travelling To Hungary For Masters This September / Competent, Reliable And Compassionate Canadian Immigration Consultants Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.