Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1218889 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
damola311:

Thank you so much.... I'm checking a course at Conestoga college and it appears the fee per term is $9300 per term and it's a 2 years course (which I believe is equivalent of 4 terms).

Can you kindly give an estimate of how much is needed in naira for a single applicant for this journey plus living expenses?

(You may change upkeep to the estimate your school provided in your LOA, some use CA$10000, I prefer CA$15000 per year)

Tuition: CA$9200 x 4 = CA$37,200
Upkeep: CA$15000 x 2 = CA$30,000
Misc: $CA3000
Flight: CA$3000

Total: $73,200 / 0.00297380 = 24.6M approx.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by joefit4gur(m): 7:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

She said it's Access bank

She can try using Root by Sudo Africa. Download on Google Play / Apple Store. Create a virtual card and load with the $dollar amount.
Current rate = N764 / $

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 8:01pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

She said it's Access bank
I used UBA. She should contact the bank

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2023
harkintem:

I will advise you not to use your Fx if you’re paying from Nigeria and you want to book Lufthansa airline to Canada. There are date for Lufthansa airline that are less than 900k (paying with naira account). $3100 is too expensive

Exactly but she's not getting the option to pay in Naira by transfer. She can't transfer without a reference number.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
tenderjunkie:

I used UBA. She should contact the bank

She'll be going there tomorrow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 8:08pm On Apr 26, 2023
joefit4gur:

She can try using Root by Sudo Africa. Download on Google Play / Apple Store. Create a virtual card and load with the $dollar amount.
Current rate = N764 / $

She has a dollar account already
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtraordinaryGen: 8:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
I dropped my passport at DHL in Lagos last week Wednesday, same day in the evening it was sent to Abuja, on Thursday VFS Abuja received it and sent to IRCC office same day.

Then Friday was public holiday, then weekend, Monday public holiday.

So on Tuesday VFS Abuja received it back from IRCC. Today being Wednesday VFS handed it over to UPS.

I just received UPS tracking number from VFS (I requested for it via email). When I tracked it, it's showing on transit.

Fingers crossed

Wow... Cool
Thanks
I submitted yesterday in Abuja...hoping it'll be ready for collection tmrw cos I want to collect it in person.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damola311: 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
joefit4gur:

(You may change upkeep to the estimate your school provided in your LOA, some use CA$10000, I prefer CA$15000 per year)

Tuition: CA$9200 x 4 = CA$37,200
Upkeep: CA$15000 x 2 = CA$30,000
Misc: $CA3000
Flight: CA$3000

Total: $73,200 / 0.00297380 = 24.6M approx.

Good luck!

Appreciate this boss...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dakpemien: 9:17pm On Apr 26, 2023
I have been following this thread but I am still not certain of how to present my POF when the time comes. I have proceeds from my land sale + some savings totaling about N25m which I want to fully deploy for Canada study. But I put this money as fixed deposit because it doesn’t make sense for the money to be idle. If I liquidate the full amount into my account before I submit my bank statement and also submit the land sale documents explaining the lump sum, will it fly with the VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Issyman(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ishoba:
Any Cape Breton students September 2023?
I know one...send Pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 10:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
dakpemien:
I have been following this thread but I am still not certain of how to present my POF when the time comes. I have proceeds from my land sale + some savings totaling about N25m which I want to fully deploy for Canada study. But I put this money as fixed deposit because it doesn’t make sense for the money to be idle. If I liquidate the full amount into my account before I submit my bank statement and also submit the land sale documents explaining the lump sum, will it fly with the VO?
Yes it will. With sufficient proof nd detailed SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dakpemien: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2023
Bamz555:

Yes it will. With sufficient proof nd detailed SOP

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

Exactly but she's not getting the option to pay in Naira by transfer. She can't transfer without a reference number.

I did mine myself and I got the option of paying with bank transfer immediately my money got confirmed I got my ticket in my mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by maridrug(m): 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Please can the embassy take Micro Finance Bank as Proof of Fund?
My salary is been paid to the MFB
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 11:03pm On Apr 26, 2023
You can reach out if you need help with admission. School admission assistance is free.
Arctope:

Hey bro,

please I'm trying to apply for a pgc course in Fanshawe College, but the school is saying I have to apply through an agent, how where you able to apply?
Did u do it on ur own or through an agent?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DaChem(f): 11:11pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good evening house

Is it possible for biometric letter to be delayed? It’s been 5 days that my husband submitted application for us, he is the PA while myself and son r accompanying him. My own biometric letter is out( 2nd day) but his own is not yet released.
What could be wrong please?
Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 11:41pm On Apr 26, 2023
harkintem:

I did mine myself and I got the option of paying with bank transfer immediately my money got confirmed I got my ticket in my mail

Me too but that was last year.

Did you do yours recently?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PINOBARBIE92: 11:47pm On Apr 26, 2023
Good day all. Please did anyone got admission at the college of north atlantic (cna) newfoundland? I need some help 🙏
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 11:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
DaChem:
Good evening house

Is it possible for biometric letter to be delayed? It’s been 5 days that my husband submitted application for us, he is the PA while myself and son r accompanying him. My own biometric letter is out( 2nd day) but his own is not yet released.
Is it normal?
It happens sometimes don’t worry, be calm it will be out soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 1:02am On Apr 27, 2023
Someone had a UBA dollar account and couldn't use it of recent, and they couldn't do anything about it.

Advice for free: wink

Your fare is too expensive. If you're traveling next month, there are cheaper Lufthansa flights around 1000 dollars USD.
Go to their website (or download their app for better and faster service). Look out for dates as from 8th of May, then book the cheapest with ONLY ONE transit in Frankfurt, so you wouldn't need the huddles of a transit visa if it's more than one. When you fill in all info and get to payment, just call Lufthansa on 01 461 2222 and explain that you are unable to make reservation, then tell them the date you chose and the amount, and ask to make payment in their account IN DOLLARS (they don't accept Naira, you'll need to go to your bank and withdraw the dollar you need for payment). If your bank gives you wahala of no dollar, please ignore them and go buy dollar at black market, if you have enough Naira.

So, Lufthansa should request some ID info from you to complete your reservation and send to your email. Your BOOKING REFERENCE NUMBER will be there and that's what you'll use in the bank. Their DOM ACCOUNT is in Access Bank, make sure you have a pen and a paper to write down the account number they'll give you as well as the email to send proof of payment from the bank. After payment and sending proof of payment, they'll acknowledge receipt and your Air ticket will be sent to you via email the same day or two days maximum. And that's it!

Booking from Abuja proves to be cheaper than Lagos (try that).

This seems to be the best option for those without DOM ACCOUNT or with Dollar Card issues.

Follow this advice and thank me later! smiley

Blessings!

Lotusgoddess:

She'll be going there tomorrow

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DaChem(f): 1:04am On Apr 27, 2023
Bamz555:

It happens sometimes don’t worry, be calm it will be out soon.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:26am On Apr 27, 2023
Send them an email or web form. Sometimes it’s just a technical glitch
DaChem:
Good evening house

Is it normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 1:41am On Apr 27, 2023
It should be fine if the MFB can issue MBS. If not, provide sufficient explanation supported by your monthly salary deposits. Better still, move the funds to a regular account, and explain that it was for ease of verification. It's all based on the discretion of the VO handling the application.
maridrug:
Please can the embassy take Micro Finance Bank as Proof of Fund?
My salary is been paid to the MFB
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bluepeach(f): 2:34am On Apr 27, 2023
deejay102:
Haba! Im sorry about your refusal but na you refuse yourself oo..

Family of 5 with 47kCAD as gift deed not even cash and you dont have the 17kCAD.

This is INSUFFICIENT FUNDS written boldly all over your application. The amount will barely fly for family of 2.

Avoid this unnecessary refusals by applying as A SINGLE person. Use your family as ties.. Then go give you. Enter, get ANY job, apply for your family! Simple!

Good luck
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dennison4luv: 2:46am On Apr 27, 2023
Guys please I am In need of single or share accommodation in Halifax
Nova Scotia province
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ohraykon: 3:18am On Apr 27, 2023
Hi guys, please is there any student here who relocated from Germany to Canada also as a student? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 3:34am On Apr 27, 2023
Ucy12:
Someone had a UBA dollar account and couldn't use it of recent, and they couldn't do anything about it.

Advice for free: wink

Your fare is too expensive. If you're traveling next month, there are cheaper Lufthansa flights around 1000 dollars USD.
Go to their website (or download their app for better and faster service). Look out for dates as from 8th of May, then book the cheapest with ONLY ONE transit in Frankfurt, so you wouldn't need the huddles of a transit visa if it's more than one. When you fill in all info and get to payment, just call Lufthansa on 01 461 2222 and explain that you are unable to make reservation, then tell them the date you chose and the amount, and ask to make payment in their account IN DOLLARS (they don't accept Naira, you'll need to go to your bank and withdraw the dollar you need for payment). If your bank gives you wahala of no dollar, please ignore them and go buy dollar at black market, if you have enough Naira.

So, Lufthansa should request some ID info from you to complete your reservation and send to your email. Your BOOKING REFERENCE NUMBER will be there and that's what you'll use in the bank. Their DOM ACCOUNT is in Access Bank, make sure you have a pen and a paper to write down the account number they'll give you as well as the email to send proof of payment from the bank. After payment and sending proof of payment, they'll acknowledge receipt and your Air ticket will be sent to you via email the same day or two days maximum. And that's it!

Booking from Abuja proves to be cheaper than Lagos (try that).

This seems to be the best option for those without DOM ACCOUNT or with Dollar Card issues.

Follow this advice and thank me later! smiley

Blessings!

Thanks for the explanation.

This will be hassle free to those having Access bank dorm acct, no need to withdraw dollar, one can easily do transfer

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Happygirl5: 6:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Ketima:

Hello,

So sorry, patients don't refer patient's to a physician. We search for clinic, get the one still accepting patients, then do walk in. Once you do walk in, the doc will now refer you to the actual gyno that will see you through. So i would recommend that you come early before your delivery date. So you can kickstart the process. You cant just walk into a clinic and get gyno to see you unless in an emergency situation. Here we have whats called family physician, he or she is the one that refers you to the physician that is responsible your case, be it pregancy, ear, teeth, etc.

Their medical system is so complex unless our own in naija. So please begin now to write to the hospital. The earlier the better.

As for cheap, i don't know any cheap one for medical tourist. Here, Canadian, PR, workers and students don't pay a dime so long you have your health card. But as a visitor, be rest assured that it can be costly. Eg, first trimester scan can cost as much as 260$

All the best

Hi dear
Do you remember how many days it takes to register the baby in Alberta thru Vital Statistics? In the website it says average of 3 weeks
Do you know if they do it quicker?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 6:32am On Apr 27, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

Me too but that was last year.

Did you do yours recently?

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by onyekachee(f): 6:44am On Apr 27, 2023
Hello everybody,will changing my sponsor automatically affect my chances of approval?my first sponsor was my dad though not so financially buoyant at the moment,I am thinking of using my elder sister this time around,she is very much capable..will this affect my reapplication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hardeyeanc(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2023
Good morning I'm asking this for a friend, he is trying to apply to Niagara college, pls what does she need to apply, someone said just o level and someone is saying transcript again does secondary school issue transcript? I thought the original certificate should suffice. She has OND though.

2. Will she be able to go with dependant as she is going for a degree program and not a Masters?

Appreciate in advance.

3. I'm still finding it very difficult to pay application fee any helpful tips would be appreciated. I downloaded root as suggested by someone here but it is not working

(1) (2) (3) ... (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) (1047) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.