Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,052 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1043) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1218939 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 3:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
Smitt1998:
Hi guys , I want to ask if it is still possible in Banks that we can send dollar to a USA account through Western union, Moneygram and others. And does anyone has the idea of the rate and charges. Thanks

You can only receive money via western union and money gram. The only way to send money out it’s goin through the cbn channels which it’s either you use Form Q for business or Form A for school fee, and bills(hospital etc). You can as well open a dorm account which you can fund at black market rate and pay for whatever you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rozeybid: 3:59pm On Apr 26, 2023
rozeybid:
Pls I need suggestions for school still open Fall 2023 for International students.
- Postgraduate diploma
- Advanced Diploma .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by streetwise2015: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2023
What school did you apply to boss and what course did you choose ? Sent you a pm boss

Goodike:
11 million is a good for one program because I use 10 million for my own for 2 year program and was granted a visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 4:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
miketayo:

you can follow the instructions here https://www.businesscompilerng.com/2022/01/how-to-open-canadian-imperial-bank-of.html#:~:text=You
as long as you have your admission letter you can open a CIBC account
GIC is Guaranteed Investment Certificate, similar to our fixed deposit, but in this case, a certain amount will be given to you monthly for a period of time, depending on what you initially deposited in the CIBC account

Does a sponsor depositing Pof in GIC always a green flag with VOs,heard so much about this GIC of a thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miketayo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2023
samefiok:

Does a sponsor depositing Pof in GIC always a green flag with VOs,heard so much about this GIC of a thing

I think it does (I was told), it is best it comes from your dom account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 4:28pm On Apr 26, 2023
Goodike:
11 million is a good for one program because I use 10 million for my own for 2 year program and was granted a visa

Omo what if There's 10mil in a sponsors account and it meant for one year program but the total balance in a sponsors account is 10mil and when taken out to go into a GIC the sponsor is left with not up to a million will that be a Red flag to a VO?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
miketayo:

I think it does (I was told), it is best it comes from your dom account

Omo I hope so , cause the only amount in the sponsors account is all for POF & tuition fees and when taken out and put into a GIC the sponsors account balance won't be up to a million, just trying to understand if a sponsor account balance like 500k after sponsoring is a red flag
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtraordinaryGen: 4:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
iwanvisityankee:
Ok, it's because of time frame I decided to send it to Abuja directly & even spend more money, my school is resuming in May.

Make UPS no go dull me undecided

Pls, when did you submit your passport for the counterfoil? Do you have an idea how many days it takes to be ready at the Abuja vfs office?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Christyiji: 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2023
Mrtoke:

No way, you just keep waiting until you get, did u apply from ircc or cbsa? Cbsa is generally faster than ircc. I hope u get it soon

I have received GCM note from IRCC but have not gotten that of CBSA.
What should I do?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miketayo(m): 4:39pm On Apr 26, 2023
samefiok:

Omo I hope so , cause the only amount in the sponsors account is all for POF & tuition fees and when taken out and put into a GIC the sponsors account balance won't be up to a million, just trying to understand if a sponsor account balance like 500k after sponsoring is a red flag

you wont need to submit the sponsor's account if you are using GIC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
Hi, please is there anyone who has booked their flight with Lufthansa? How did you book and what rate did you pay with?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by damola311: 4:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
joefit4gur:

1. Depends on the college / uni of choice. Budget 15KCAD for living expenses
2. Same as in Nigeria. 2 years = 4 terms/semester.

Thank you so much.... I'm checking a course at Conestoga college and it appears the fee per term is $9300 per term and it's a 2 years course (which I believe is equivalent of 4 terms).

Can you kindly give an estimate of how much is needed in naira for a single applicant for this journey plus living expenses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
miketayo:

you wont need to submit the sponsor's account if you are using GIC

Ooh that's awesome then

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:23pm On Apr 26, 2023
Christyiji:

I have received GCM note from IRCC but have not gotten that of CBSA.
What should I do?

The notes are the same, the contents are not different, the only difference is the issuing agency, CBSA is their Nigerian Customs equivalent while IRCC is the immigration agency that issues the regular GCMS notes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nger88: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
Many thanks for your response.....However, the issue that I have is how then will I explain to the Visa officer what I went to do in the UK because that will be so obvious considering the study gap and travel history
Isaacosita:
Congrats... on your MBA see if you are going for a PGD or PGC or DIPLOMA or Certificate you don't have to include your MBA in your Cv or resume or you give them the Visa Officers a good reason for choosing such program to avoid visa denial.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2023
Isaacosita:
Easy Either virtual card for example vella finance or go to bank through Western union
Hi, pls how legit is this vella finance to pay for school fees.. and pls if anyone can also recommend best way to pay for tuition fee without using form A.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2023
pls can anyone recommend best way to pay for tuition fee without using form A. Pls help this is urgent.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by iwanvisityankee: 6:44pm On Apr 26, 2023
XtraordinaryGen:

Pls, when did you submit your passport for the counterfoil? Do you have an idea how many days it takes to be ready at the Abuja vfs office?
I dropped my passport at DHL in Lagos last week Wednesday, same day in the evening it was sent to Abuja, on Thursday VFS Abuja received it and sent to IRCC office same day.

Then Friday was public holiday, then weekend, Monday public holiday.

So on Tuesday VFS Abuja received it back from IRCC. Today being Wednesday VFS handed it over to UPS.

I just received UPS tracking number from VFS (I requested for it via email). When I tracked it, it's showing on transit.

Fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2023
My dear people in the house,

Pls, kindly direct me on how to reapply using same profile account that I used in my first application.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 6:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:
Hi, please is there anyone who has booked their flight with Lufthansa? How did you book and what rate did you pay with?
Yes I booked with Lufthansa using their website.
I bought usd at black market rate of N760/usd, deposited it into my domiciliary account and paid with my dollar card
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 6:52pm On Apr 26, 2023
Ndubisi12:
i didn't get the request because this is my second application they just updated it to pass
do they update it because i think the people that are getting request,is the people that their medical has expired. For second application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ndubisi12: 6:56pm On Apr 26, 2023
joefit4gur:

Because the one you did last has not expired. Medicals expire in one year. Now your eligibility review should start soon or may have started already. Keep praying, it will end in praise!
Amen because what God can not do does not exist

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kobobay(m): 6:57pm On Apr 26, 2023
Aghoghomena:
My dear people in the house,

Pls, kindly direct me on how to reapply using same profile account that I used in my first application.

Thanks and God bless.

After you log in into your account, go to the bottom of the page, then you will see, start new application or apply.
Click on it to start the process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 7:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
tenderjunkie:

Yes I booked with Lufthansa using their website.
I bought usd at black market rate of N760/usd, deposited it into my domiciliary account and paid with my dollar card

Thank you.

She used her domiciliary account as well but it's still not going through. Her flight is about $3002 and she has $3100 in her account. And was it the credit card option you selected?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deejay102: 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2023
Haba! Im sorry about your refusal but na you refuse yourself oo..

Family of 5 with 47kCAD as gift deed not even cash and you dont have the 17kCAD.

This is INSUFFICIENT FUNDS written boldly all over your application. The amount will barely fly for family of 2.

Avoid this unnecessary refusals by applying as A SINGLE person. Use your family as ties.. Then go give you. Enter, get ANY job, apply for your family! Simple!

Good luck
Bluepeach:
I got my refusal today for a family of 5. Reason: assests and financial situation are insufficient.
I had 47, 000 CAD as gift deed. My sponsor(brother) put two SOA. I did not pay tuition(17,000 CAD). Suggestions are needed. Thanks.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 7:10pm On Apr 26, 2023
shinaxurdick:
pls can anyone recommend best way to pay for tuition fee without using form A. Pls help this is urgent.
PLS HELP!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:13pm On Apr 26, 2023
Black market rate

shinaxurdick:

PLS HELP!!!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shinaxurdick: 7:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
Oldfashioned145:
Black market rate

I don’t mind black market if that’s the only best option for now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 7:20pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

Thank you.

She used her domiciliary account as well but it's still not going through. Her flight is about $3002 and she has $3100 in her account. And was it the credit card option you selected?
Yes it was. Which bank card is she using?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 7:26pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lotusgoddess:

Thank you.

I will advise you not to use your Fx if you’re paying from Nigeria and you want to book Lufthansa airline to Canada. There are date for Lufthansa airline that are less than 900k (paying with naira account). $3100 is too expensive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 7:31pm On Apr 26, 2023
tenderjunkie:

She said it's access bank.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lotusgoddess(f): 7:32pm On Apr 26, 2023
tenderjunkie:

She said it's Access bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (1040) (1041) (1042) (1043) (1044) (1045) (1046) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.