Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1211648 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2022
Have you been to the popular Computer Village?

Make sure you have a reliable plug though..

Peace
Teeunz:
Good morning everyone.
Showers off PPR blessings this Month!
Please does anyone know where l can find Universal Travellers Adapter in Abuja (where l can purchase it)
Something like this picture below
Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboki1859(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2022
Can you share the Memorial University whatsapp group.. @CharitJames
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hello Kpiper

1. Do the Maths yourself with a this little guideline. Your full Tuition fees + Living expenses (10kCAD) + Miscellaneous (4kCAD).. When you get the Total, convert to Naira, after this I believe you will get your answer to question 1.

2. No need of too much explanation though. The only time you will need to explain is when there are lump sums in your Statement of Account.. Just make sure you submit your pay slips and if you get the tips in cash and you wanna put it in your Account, then you have to do it with Wisdom, that's if the amount is large though..

3. This depends on the school, some schools require Deposit, why some don't.. But like I always advise applicants, do well to show a little bit of commitment by paying pat of your tuition fees.. It further strengthens your application..

Peace
kpiper2473:
Hello Nairalanders.
I have a question on behalf of a friend.
She just got admission and she is planning to put in her application. Over the years of work, She has been able to to save about 12M. Her tuition fees is about 18,000CAD.
My questions are
1, Is the 12 million an enough balance to submit with her application?
2. Her Salary is a little bit over 100K but the tips she gets is the real deal. Does she need to explain how she got the money or her employment details can take care of that?
3. Does she have to make an initial deposit ?

Answers Please!
God bless

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fredba: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2022
Congratulations, I’m next in-line

Abi2022:
Come and join me sing Halleluyah!!!!

I have received my love letter. PPR received 12:41pm. April 26, 2022.

Portal - New Portal
Application Date - April 26, 2022
Biometrics - not needed since I had a visitor visa in 2016 and Biometrics is still valid
Upfront Medical - May 25, 2022
Upfront Medical Passed - June 23, 2022
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39
I used an agent who helped with admission and application

It has been God all the way.

I stumbled on this thread a month after submissions when there was no movement with my application. I did not submit the numerous documents seen on the thread and doubted my application will be approved at a point especially home ties.

I got frustrated when my medicals was not updated for at least one month. I sent various emails to Accra, Lagos, Nairobi, Abuja and filled numerous forms. My faith was tested and still I believed that God who started this will perfect it.

Documents summited include
1. Bank Statement (Salary and Savings account)
2. Payslips
3. Letter of Explanation on sums paid
4. Offer Letter from Company
5. Acceptance Letter from School
6. School fees balance payment (Submitted through Webform)
7. International Medical Insurance Certificate
8. School Certificates
9 Professional Membership Certificate

I pray for all waiting that the God that did not fail me will show up for you too.

The wait is over

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2022
Super Congrats ♥️
Abi2022:

Portal - New Portal
Biometrics - not needed since I had a visitor visa in 2016 and Biometrics is still valid
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39

I stumbled on this thread a month after submissions when there was no movement with my application. I did not submit the numerous documents seen on the thread and doubted my application will be approved at a point especially home ties.

I got frustrated when my medicals was not updated for at least one month. I sent various emails to Accra, Lagos, Nairobi, Abuja and filled numerous forms. My faith was tested and still I believed that God who started this will perfect it.

2. Payslips
8. School Certificates

I pray for all waiting that the God that did not fail me will show up for you too.

The wait is over

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2022
Its not compulsory as most Canadian schools don't require this.. You can please read the Admission requirement of the school you wanna apply to if they require it though..

WES evaluation is compulsory for a Permanent Resident Visa i.e Express Entry (EE) Application and not for Study permit application.

Peace

donbuchi1:

Good morning please is there need for me to verify my results with Wes before I apply for admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Best256: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2022
Abi2022:

Portal - New Portal
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39

2. Payslips
8. School Certificates

The wait is over

Yes o! Congratulations. Mine is next in Jesus name
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2022
7 months of application?

Have you contacted the MPs of the Province where your school is located, if you have not, please send mails to all of them and the nice ones amongst them will give you a favorable response..

Peace
Anifowoshehabee:

My guy seems we applied the same day cause i submit my application jan 6 and my eligibility review started since march and i am still hanging here despite sending mail and all but i am still hopeful too but mehn thinking, stressed and all sort of things that should be done as well and at the same time person still wan depress too.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 4:23pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hello bruno

The bolded isn't a Bad idea, if you don't get a final decision before January and if your application is on the route of approval, IRCC will definitely ask for an Updated LOA.

So make sure you have the updated LOA handy in case IRCC wakes up one day and ask for an Updated LOA that must be provided in 15 days or so..

Don't wait for IRCC to request for this before you get it, the school may not give you a reply before the deadline given you by IRCC..

Peace
bruno10000:
I'm asking this again guy peeps, I'm still seeking admission so here is my question. I'm looking at getting a space in Fashanwe college and there is space for January admission...thing is due to study permit processing I can't make January intake so I'm looking at getting the admission and deferring to the next intake after January so that I can have the time to process my study permit...Gurus in the house is this possible or does it makes sense? @ bullstriker can u ans this pls?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trailblazer21: 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2022
Abi2022:

Portal - New Portal
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39

2. Payslips
8. School Certificates

The wait is over

I love your last statement, the wait is over. Congratulations

God your son is here o, BVL has dropped remaining PPR. I’m next in line. Amen

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simo4real(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2022
Good day everyone, my wife's student Visa was applied since January 28th 2022, after daily bombarding them with different mails,Her PPR was later released on 28th July 2022 after six months plus!. Please I want to know the next procedures now to apply for her dependants visa. Knowing that she is going for a year course, already six months has gone(first semester) although she participated fully online. Please I need your kindly advise
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2022
Congratulations, welcome to the new dawn! I shall testify next IJN Amen
Abi2022:

Portal - New Portal
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39

2. Payslips
8. School Certificates

The wait is over

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Katehasty: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
Please if you are going to Conestoga And you need someone to share room
With kindly update me pls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
Hello house,

I applied on July 8 (New Portal) and did my biometrics on the 13th. This is the only part of my portal that has been updated.
I still have the message "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Is this a common occurrence or do I need to send an email/webform to rectify this so my application can be processed?

Thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2022
makano:
Have you been to the popular Computer Village?

Make sure you have a reliable plug though..

Peace

It’s not in Computer village... it’s usually ordered online
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
Aboki1859:
Can you share the Memorial University whatsapp group.. @CharitJames

How does one share WhatsApp group on NL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abi2022: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2022
I submitted about USD30k and paid off the full school fees separately outside the USD30k
pufframmy:
please how much did u submited for POF>?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2022
Thomsyne:
Hello house,

I applied on July 8 (New Portal) and did my biometrics on the 13th. This is the only part of my portal that has been updated.
I still have the message "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details."

Is this a common occurrence or do I need to send an email/webform to rectify this so my application can be processed?

Thanks.

The biometrics number confirms you have done your biometrics.

The error is from them not form you. You have nothing to worry about
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2022
Trailblazer21:

Congratulations in advance oh!!! This is our win!!! I am next in line

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2022
Trailblazer21:

Were you invited for medicals or you did upfront?

If it's upfront, a BVL means a decision has been made which is a 50/50 chance of getting approved

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Abi2022: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2022
Amen. Yours is on its way!
Trailblazer21:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
Margs:
pls how do you pay school application fees using flywire - i see only visa cards or transfers?

Flywise is paying via your card(not naija card o)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2022
Margs:
Hello everyone, I have a few questions to ask. This is my third time trying to do Canada in 5 years. Somehow I have never been able to go through with it. But this really is it - no time to waste anymore.

Female. I am working on a student visa for myself. I am applying to become an esthetician and sent applications to a few colleges in Ontario. Background is in Finance - I have worked for over 15 years. First degree is in Physics and I have ICAN and a few certifications. Almost completed an MBA with a UK Uni (online - not sure I can complete with work and all). I started a skin care product line early this year after studying online for two years (plus a few months). Now have a business set up with about 9 products - CAC, NAFDAC, Trademarks etc. Plan to study to scale business to a spa line. School is for 2 years - business can run without me.

Questions:
1. Is this a viable entry point to Canada? I am female and over 45.
2. I have a son who is 18 plus and in Uni in Nigeria. Can I apply with him? I do not want to disrupt his school - uni in Abuja? How can I do this? Or do I have to apply with him coming to Canada with me?
3. Is it worth it trying this route - age and all.

thanks and look forward to some feedback and help. thank you

Hello Margs,

The information provided is limited to getting adequate advice. The reasons for the consecutive refusals should have been stated and maybe upload your GCMS notes.

One essential thing to consider in your reapplication is ensuring your study is a progression of your last and/or your work experience correlates with your study intent. Give a clear purpose and good prospects for the study.

Age can be a factor to be considered by the officer if the demonstration of your intent in Canada is not reasonable. It would be better to consider a sole application without your son given the series of refusals already recorded.

If you think you can respond accordingly to the officer's concerns, as well as have the available budgets for the study, it is worth it to try again.

Success is all I wish You!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Femioye337(m): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2022
Please I got this response from the MP I contacted.... any advice on what I can do ??

Good morning Oluwafemi,

The following is the response that we received back from Immigration today:

Good day ,

Thank you for contacting the Ministerial Centre for Members of Parliament and Senators.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of the application for a study permit for OYEWOLE, OLUWAFEMI ENIOLA:

The application was received at the Canadian visa office in Nairobi, on December 13, 2021.
The responsible office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant meets the eligibility requirements for a study permit.
[Medical examination results are on file and have expired.
An email was sent to the applicant on June 7, 2022, to request Updated LOA, we invite the applicant to provide the information within the time frame indicated in the correspondence.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.
As of today, no final decision has been made. The responsible office will inform the applicant in writing as soon as a decision is rendered.
If the application is approved:
the officer will insert a TRV counterfoil inside the applicant’s passport. The passport and any original documents included with the application will be returned to them in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
If the application is refused:
the officer will inform the applicant of the refusal. The passport and any original documents (if included with the application) will be returned to them in person (if interviewed) or by mail (if there is no interview).
We hope this information is helpful. If you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Sounds like you application is progressing along. Should you require further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our office in 3-4 months’ time for us to do another status update.

Sincerely,

Sara
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2022
Thomsyne:

So what I mean is, individuals in Nigeria can request for these notes using GCMS writers, New Immigration, etc and get it in 30 days ish. If someone in Canada requests for it, will they get it faster than the 30 days timeline? And will they send he request straight to IRCC or how?

Hello Thomsyne,

Third-party websites, third-party reps, or a location do not influence the process or the swiftness of the GCMS notes delivery by IRCC. The notes are delivered according to the pace of the agent attending to such request submitted. If the agent is happy or has fewer backlogs to treat, the quicker the notes are delivered. Also, recently, the GCMS notes are randomly treated. This was observed through an established timeline. This is the reason why some notes are fast in processing and some might witness delays for eternity.

On a side note, the GoC announced last year that from this July 2022, individuals can begin to request their notes from outside Canada. Let's hope their words are honored.

I guess it is now clear?!

One Love!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 6:05pm On Aug 02, 2022
TradeSunMoore:

My Oga JustMellow; I learned from you and other gurus on this platform and It worked for my application daughter. She is going to second year next month. Thanks for all you do here. God Bless you!

Hello, Bro!

Thank goodness for this platform. I am happy to learn my little contributions made a might impact on your daughter's application, and thank you for giving back to the house.

My best wishes to your family.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2022
lawajo:
Pls i have a question. My sister was granted admission at Uregina and she wants to go with her husband and son. Is the class of visa for dependent visit or which one?

Hello Lawajo,

If her husband is only staying for a (very) short duration, she can apply for the VV, and if up to the duration of her study, she can choose to put in a SOWP for him or can do that for him after he arrives in Canada using the VV route. Either the VV or SP can be considered for the kids.

n.b. If the duration of her study is one year, it would be ideal to apply for herself only and can then put an application for the family after her SP extension from within Canada. If she needs professional writing assistance with the SOWP/VV and SOP/LOE, she can consider outsourcing to @GCMSWriters on IG, Twitter, or Telegram.

Another thing to bear in mind is having sufficient and available funds, and likewise having a stable economic establishment(s) in their country. If both of these are not sufficient or reliable, it would be recommended for her to consider a sole application.

Success is all I wish Her!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2022
Linzo:
Hello friends, please I need urgent answer on this. I m currently making travel estimate for a friend who got admitted in Brandon for Bsc, but I got stocked with the Visa fee.

So my question is HOW MUCH IS CANADA STUDENT VISA FEE FOR SOMEONE APPLYING ONLINE?

Please some should help me with real figure, to pay upon submitting the application online. Thanks on anticipation

Hello Linzo,

It is C$235. C$150 for the application fee and C$85 for the biometrics fee.

Success is all I wish You!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phorlly43: 6:33pm On Aug 02, 2022
Guys please I applied for admission to Fanshawe college through Apply board and there representative submitted my application allegedly cos I got a mail from my profile with them that I've been debited but me wey know sey I no put money there I was surprised,I decided to ask her application fee amount and she said it's free of cost.. who else has witnessed this?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2022
Anon123:

The biometrics number confirms you have done your biometrics.

The error is from them not form you. You have nothing to worry about

Oh nice make sense thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2022
JustMellow:

Hello Thomsyne,

Third-party websites, third-party reps, or a location do not influence the process or the swiftness of the GCMS notes delivery by IRCC. The notes are delivered according to the pace of the agent attending to such request submitted. If the agent is happy or has fewer backlogs to treat, the quicker the notes are delivered. Also, recently, the GCMS notes are randomly treated. This was observed through an established timeline. This is the reason why some notes are fast in processing and some might witness delays for eternity.

On a side note, the GoC announced last year that from this July 2022, individuals can begin to request their notes from outside Canada. Let's hope their words are honored.

I guess it is now clear?!

One Love!

Crystal clear Chief. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ghazali34(m): 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2022
AccessBank finally debited me today. If you can’t wait for 1 month exactly remove mind from AccessBank o �.

Debited at 337/$ rate

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.