Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219411 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darkskinjane: 3:15am On May 31, 2023
Please I need anyone help,me and my sister are using a agent for our Canada study route,I have gotten my admission but my sister own is not out cause the agent is saying the school didnโ€™t see her transcript ,and we tracked it together,which said it was delivered.I got my admission by march and he says he has to wait for my sisterโ€™s admission to do our proof of funds and put in for our visa.I was just reading online that we have to do our Medicals before applying for a visa,how true is that please? Abd he hasnโ€™t mentioned that.we applied for university of Saskatchewan please advice me on what to do.should we discontinue with the man,or let me finish it.he lives in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ.plsss help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 3:23am On May 31, 2023
Darkskinjane:
Please I need anyone help,me and my sister are using a agent for our Canada study route,I have gotten my admission but my sister own is not out cause the agent is saying the school didnโ€™t see her transcript ,and we tracked it together,which said it was delivered.I got my admission by march and he says he has to wait for my sisterโ€™s admission to do our proof of funds and put in for our visa.I was just reading online that we have to do our Medicals before applying for a visa,how true is that please? Abd he hasnโ€™t mentioned that.we applied for university of Saskatchewan please advice me on what to do.should we discontinue with the man,or let me finish it.he lives in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ.plsss help
Itโ€™s not compulsory u do upfront medicals before applying for your visa , you can apply and wait for medical request from ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 3:29am On May 31, 2023
Asking for a friend.
During the application, he only gave two names because the new portal requested for two names.

He submitted his form on April 29. So, on May 10, he was asked to submit medical along with the police character certificate.
He submitted the two on the same day. Police character certificate was submitted through a link provided by the IRCC and the medical was resubmitted through a webform because it was upfront medical.

In short, he included in the webform that they should update his name and gave the third name. However, the name was written like this Olawale jelil Ajibade, instead of Olawale Jelil Ajibade. The middle name was written in small letter.

The medical was passed since May 15 and he has not heard anything from them.

He want to know if he can send them a message to ask point to the small letter used in writing the middle name, and also asked them about the application status, because he is not hearing anything from them?
Please kindly answer.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darkskinjane: 3:34am On May 31, 2023
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Darkskinjane: 3:35am On May 31, 2023
jaydave:

Itโ€™s not compulsory u do upfront medicals before applying for your visa , you can apply and wait for medical request from ircc
Thanks much
Does it also make sense to wait to put it my visa application till he sees my sisterโ€™s admissionand he also wants to use same proof of funds.pleaseeee help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannyboy: 3:37am On May 31, 2023
i rejoice with you bro๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿท
tayogbade:
Thank you Jesus. You qualify the under qualified.
Good news!!!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tayogbade: 5:32am On May 31, 2023
jaydave:

Congratulations bro .. pls share with us your timeline

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chelle2016: 5:49am On May 31, 2023
Goodmorning and how are we all doing, thanks for the informations been shared here, God bless you all.
Please Im about applying for my student visa and I need clarifications on if I just lodge my proof of fund in my account, if itโ€™s going to affect me, im about paying like 30m for myself and 3 kids, to the account so I can use as my POF, wanted to self sponsor,
Someone said the money must have been in my account for like 6 months?
Or do I just pay into hubbys account and use him as a sponsor, (he isnโ€™t going with us yet) ?

Do I just put in the money and then explain? I already have a 6months salary account running,

Secondly how do I apply for a child who is an American citizen,?

I need assistance with good SOP writing Please,and who will also guide me as I fill the form, head is full already, please.

Thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chelle2016: 5:53am On May 31, 2023
Please do I also need employment letter , or just a reference letter from my previous work place? Please can someone help with Documents I will really need to boost my chances, aside the ones stated there,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadahopeful23: 5:59am On May 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

You can apply as separated, then use the court filings (All the statements etc filed by your lawyer) as proof of your separation, you can also add an affidavit that will depose to the fact that you are separated and that the divorce case is ongoing. You will a consent letter from your ex husband if you are taking any of your kids abroad except the court grants you sole custody.

Thank you. I will attach the court papers then
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jamaltola101: 6:02am On May 31, 2023
How was the outcome of this, have you been able to get the passport?

quote author=iwanvisityankee post=122760005]The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxxxx has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Wed Apr 26 2023 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Regards,

VFS Global
----------------------------------------------------------------

I got the above email from VFS this morning. Then I chatted them to confirm which courier company they use and the confirmed it's UPS. But they didn't give me the tracking number and I didn't get any update from UPS either.

Pls has anyone experienced this before? Meanwhile I sent my passport from Lagos to Abuja and I paid for VFS 1 way courier (for them to send it back to me directly).

Or do I have to wait for 24hrs before I will get update from UPS?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dkingslayer99: 6:08am On May 31, 2023
Kenelly:

Big congratulations!!!!

Please what's the nairobi email address you sent mails to?

They already requested for me to do medical I hope mine come through like yours. Congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:36am On May 31, 2023
chelle2016:
Goodmorning and how are we all doing, thanks for the informations been shared here, God bless you all.
Please Im about applying for my student visa and I need clarifications on if I just lodge my proof of fund in my account, if itโ€™s going to affect me, im about paying like 30m for myself and 3 kids, to the account so I can use as my POF, wanted to self sponsor,
Or do I just pay into hubbys account and use him as a sponsor, (he isnโ€™t going with us yet) ?

Do I just put in the money and then explain? I already have a 6months salary account running,

I need assistance with good SOP writing Please,and who will also guide me as I fill the form, head is full already, please.

Thanks everyone

Send an email. I will guide you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:40am On May 31, 2023
chelle2016:

Thanks everyone

That's a heavy lump sum you are about to drop inside your acct. You must explain it and back It up with documents whether you or your hubby is the sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadahopeful23: 7:48am On May 31, 2023
Please help ooo ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™. This is my 2nd application and I am applying as a self sponsored. Though my mum is 100% responsible for the funds and a deed of gift have made in effect to the funds sent to me. Part tuition already paid and all balance tuition and living expenses for one year is with me plus extra funds.

The company where I am working, it's a very small place so we are paid in cash (70k) and no pay slips and I have been working there since 2015.

However I have a business I run on the side... Sales of local ovens and cake baking and I have receipts of sales of the ovens and a CAC registration certificate.

My question is, as I don't have payslips and no bank evidence of salary payment, will this be an issue?

Someone Please respond ๐Ÿ™
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 7:51am On May 31, 2023
isangjohnson:
We paid Agent to process our brother's admission and we now want to check/verify the status of the admission due to suspected foul play.

Since we are not the EXISTING USERS of OCAS and if we decide to create a new account, will it be possible for us to still have access to our brother's school informations via his ID Number?
Could someone please help me with this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 7:54am On May 31, 2023
abbey1986:
IELTS is not compulsory again cos Nigeria is an English speaking nation but I would advice you start the process of collecting your transcript

uote author=Laycoln post=123462811]

Thanks, I have processed my passport at the beginning of this month, which will be ready on June 29th, the only document I donโ€™t have itโ€™s the transcript and English IELTS
True it is not compulsory fot general application but mandatory if you are applying through Nigerian Study Express or Student Direct Stream route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Delight222: 7:57am On May 31, 2023
Goodmorning house,please what's the best way for someone who has been working for an insurance company as a financial advisor for 5 years,resigned two years ago,started small scale business and now wants to study in Canada.
Age 37
Bsc :Statistics (2nd class lower 2.something CGPA
Prospective PGC or master's Business Analytics, Data Analytics.
How can he make his application strong?
And then the POF,can he use his Elder Brother who is Germany as his sponsor at that Age?

Please someone help me and address this concern.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAN2015: 7:59am On May 31, 2023
Jamaltola101:
How was the outcome of this, have you been able to get the passport?

quote author=iwanvisityankee post=122760005]The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. xxxxxxxxxxx has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, Abuja OC on Wed Apr 26 2023 via courier partner. Please use Tracking id. or the AWB number provided to track the shipment on the courier partners website after 24hrs.

Regards,

VFS Global
----------------------------------------------------------------

I got the above email from VFS this morning. Then I chatted them to confirm which courier company they use and the confirmed it's UPS. But they didn't give me the tracking number and I didn't get any update from UPS either.

Pls has anyone experienced this before? Meanwhile I sent my passport from Lagos to Abuja and I paid for VFS 1 way courier (for them to send it back to me directly).

Or do I have to wait for 24hrs before I will get update from UPS?
I also received similar message from them yesterday. I used DHL to send the passport to them more than 2 weeks ago. But, I don't know if they will send it back through the same DHL having paid the returne courier fee too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 8:10am On May 31, 2023
sudo1986:
Asking for a friend.
During the application, he only gave two names because the new portal requested for two names.

He submitted his form on April 29. So, on May 10, he was asked to submit medical along with the police character certificate.
He submitted the two on the same day. Police character certificate was submitted through a link provided by the IRCC and the medical was resubmitted through a webform because it was upfront medical.

In short, he included in the webform that they should update his name and gave the third name. However, the name was written like this Olawale jelil Ajibade, instead of Olawale Jelil Ajibade. The middle name was written in small letter.

The medical was passed since May 15 and he has not heard anything from them.

He want to know if he can send them a message to ask point to the small letter used in writing the middle name, and also asked them about the application status, because he is not hearing anything from them?
Please kindly answer.

Has his eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 8:13am On May 31, 2023
[quote author=tayogbade post=123479095][/quote]

Did you eligibility review started on same day of approval or it started before the approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tghurl(f): 8:17am On May 31, 2023
Hi all

Asking for a friend

He got his PPR and submitted passport to Abuja office since 18th of May.

He got the LOI mail on the portal on the 24th of May.

However, till now, he is yet to get a mail to pickup passport or that it has even been moved from IRCC office to Abuja VAC office.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any advise on what to do? He has booked his flight and the day is fast approaching.

Any and all advice will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayodeji786: 8:19am On May 31, 2023
tayogbade:
Thank you Jesus. You qualify the under qualified.
Good news!!!๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Did you eligibility review started on same day of approval or it started before the approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:25am On May 31, 2023
[quote author=tayogbade post=123479095][/quote]
Does it mean u submitted on may5 and medical requested on may16 or upfront medical updated to passed on may 16?..

Can u also in pls share with us docs u submitted for d application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:31am On May 31, 2023
Darkskinjane:
Thanks much
Does it also make sense to wait to put it my visa application till he sees my sisterโ€™s admissionand he also wants to use same proof of funds.pleaseeee help
The agent shd be able to run ur application separately by, but if he has his cogent reason for asking u to wait so he can run it together with ur sister den u shd wait . Maybe he wants to use same sponsorโ€™s statement for both of u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pristinee: 8:34am On May 31, 2023
Darkskinjane:
Please I need anyone help,me and my sister are using a agent for our Canada study route,I have that.we applied for university of Saskatchewan please advice me on what to do.should we discontinue with the man,or let me finish it.he lives in Canada ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ.plsss help

Nothing suspicious yet, not a valid reason to discountinue with him, medicals can be done anytime, doesn't affect anything.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sudo1986: 8:41am On May 31, 2023
According to the tracker:
Eligibility: In progress
Background Verification: In progress
Biometric: Completed
Medical: Completed

According to the application portal
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
You passed medical exam
We are reviewing the additional documents you provided
We are processing your background check.

Those are the statuses so far.

Ayodeji786:

Has his eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadahopeful23: 9:01am On May 31, 2023
Please help ooo ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™. This is my 2nd application and I am applying as a self sponsored. Though my mum is 100% responsible for the funds and a deed of gift have made in effect to the funds sent to me. Part tuition already paid and all balance tuition and living expenses for one year is with me plus extra funds.

The company where I am working, it's a very small place so we are paid in cash (70k) and no pay slips and I have been working there since 2015.

However I have a business I run on the side... Sales of local ovens and cake baking and I have receipts of sales of the ovens and a CAC registration certificate.

My question is, as I don't have payslips and no bank evidence of salary payment, will this be an issue?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perp(f): 9:12am On May 31, 2023

It is like #150k here in Ondo State[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perp(f): 9:13am On May 31, 2023

It is like #150k here in Ondo State[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 9:20am On May 31, 2023
Canadahopeful23:

I read your previous refusal notes.
The major fault you had was your SOP and I also hope you addressed it with current SOP you are working on?
The VO then wasn't satisfied with your home economical ties hence felt there was no justification you embarking on such study and had doubts you would leave Canada.
In this your new SOP, you have to hype this your new business. Submit as much receipts and invoices to show the business is thriving and you would need to return to expand it once you are done.
Also I am already seeing some red flags in your current application. Your mum 100% sponsoring you with a gift deed might not be a good thing for someone that has claimed to be working and have a business.
Can your mum be a cosponsor then she can do some gify deed to you and not that 100% full sponsorship with a gift deed. and try to build your acct to show income flow. With this, vo can be convinced you have reason to leave Canada and return back to your business since your job is of low value as you have stated here. You need to seriously convince the VO that you have something worthwhile waiting for you back home in Nigeria and you can't wait to finish the study and return home to meet better opportunities that awaits you in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teephour(f): 9:21am On May 31, 2023
Good morning all,

Please I have a question to ask. Does IRCC send messages after rejection. My family application was rejected on Monday. I received a message that day to check my portal and I informed my agent about it because I don't have access to the portal but the response I got was a rejection note for the family. I have applied for my CBSA notes and yesterday evening I received another mail stating my application status has changes. I communicate this to my agent but am yet to get a response because he has been hospitalized.

So my question is after the rejection note, do we still receive any mail from IRCC

(1) (2) (3) ... (1143) (1144) (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.