Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1235111 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Madukachase: 3:27pm On May 31, 2023
Hello everyone, how long does it take for biometric letter to drop after application submittion?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Goddy001: 3:27pm On May 31, 2023
zubizareta:

1. Yes
2. Notorized Sponsorship letter;, this should be supported with proof to show what he does either employment letter and payslips or can certificate registration, receipts and invoices if business owner.
Lump sums in his accts shud be explained as well.
His statement of acct
If possible his birthday certificate and that of your mum if they are siblings.
Also pictures of u and him together will help.

you wud make a stronger case for yourself if you can show evidence of previous commitments he has shown to you. If he can even make a tuition deposit, this will also be helpful.
There is also option of transferring some money if possible to you and do a gift deed.

If you are working or run your business, then it's wide he acts as a co sponsor. So VO wudnt refuse u because of lack of economic ties in Nigeria.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 3:29pm On May 31, 2023
Hello everyone.
Please i want to submit my application and make the payment of the 150CAD
My question is can i use my nigerian debit card to make the payment or it must be a US or canada credit or debit card
2ndly can someone help me with the ideal equivalent of the 150CAD in naira
What is the naira value of 150CAD or what is the current exchange rate calculated at.?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glock22: 3:32pm On May 31, 2023
[quote author=tayogbade post=123484221][/quote]

Congratulations.

Same timeline with my SIL.

Can you please confirm whe you did your meds and when it was passed ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 3:39pm On May 31, 2023
dbom:
hi guys
please i just booked my ticket with klm and in the final stages
it was telling me that i might need a visa to transit through us and the netherlands and i am flying to canada btw
please who has travelled to canada before and passed through US or amsterdam
please did you have any problems
If you've a stop at US, you'll need a transit visa.

If you have two stops in Europe, you'll need a transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 3:44pm On May 31, 2023
zubizareta:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No. You can do it yourself and get all the info here to guide you
4. How long do you want the proof of funds to be there before you apply. If it can be there for period of 4 months then you can generate your SOA in a way your opening balance will be close to your closing balance.
But you will have to explain in your sop what you do to have such huge sum of money.
5. You don't need to backdate anything. Get married and back it up with wedding pictures. Since you have been together for long, you can add previous pics of years back.
Since passport is bearing her name, let her do change of avidavit and news paper publication

Thank you so much I appreciate,I'm somehow relieved.
After PGD I hope the M.A can get a year Post Working Permit?(that is to be able to work after the 1 year programme). As we don't plan coming back to Nigeria

Please can you help me with better provinces where there are jobs and more opportunities, so I can start my searching for school within and also if you have a better schools I can target.

What amount can I assume will sort all this please? Aside (POF I budgeted 15million naira for 2,can that sort it?)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 3:47pm On May 31, 2023
dbom:
hi guys
please i just booked my ticket with klm and in the final stages
it was telling me that i might need a visa to transit through us and the netherlands and i am flying to canada btw
please who has travelled to canada before and passed through US or amsterdam
please did you have any problems
Cancel it .. passing thru US requires transit visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 3:54pm On May 31, 2023
Headward:

Thank you so much I appreciate,I'm somehow relieved.
After PGD I hope the M.A can get a year Post Working Permit?(that is to be able to work after the 1 year programme). As we don't plan coming back to Nigeria

Please can you help me with better provinces where there are jobs and more opportunities, so I can start my searching for school within and also if you have a better schools I can target.

What amount can I assume will sort all this please? Aside (POF I budgeted 15million naira for 2,can that sort it?)

Just ensure you pick a school that offers programs eligible for pgwp. Only then will you get pgwp after studying.
15million for 2 should be enough if you go for a 1 year program and target school with average tuition of 15,000cad annually.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 3:59pm On May 31, 2023
NGOZIGLORI:
Good after Headward, pls am interested in this POF agents. Please can you share the contact.

To your question.
From what I know oo

1.yes PGD students can go with dependants.
2. Yes you two can travel out at the same time.

3. You can do it yourself if you want to...it is doable alot of people have done it here by themselves. And you can also decide to use an agent.. it all depends on you.

5...doubt if it will have any negative effect on your chances. Since you two have been together for 7 years you can also include pictures of two of you from years back.or evidence of things you have done together.

Thank you so much,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 4:06pm On May 31, 2023
zubizareta:

Just ensure you pick a school that offers programs eligible for pgwp. Only then will you get pgwp after studying.
15million for 2 should be enough if you go for a 1 year program and target school with average tuition of 15,000cad annually.

So glad, God bless you so much.

As for home ties, please how do I convince the VOs if we are applying together at a time
Or after getting her visa,can I apply immediately after?

Please, it's just on how to increase chances of securing the visa because I don't know what to make use as home ties if we both apply at once.

God bless you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hope4Naja: 4:11pm On May 31, 2023
Headward:

As for home ties, please how do I convince the VOs if we are applying together at a time

Please, it's just on how to increase chances of securing the visa because I don't know what to make use as home ties if we both apply at once.

God bless you
are you sure N15M is enough for two. living expenses for one person is 10,000 and for two is 20000. If tuition is 15000 per one, that is 30000 for two. total 50000 CAD. my own view
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 4:11pm On May 31, 2023
isangjohnson:

Could someone please help me with this?

The best thing to do is call the school, they will ask for your brother's name and student ID, tell them and they will confirm whether it's real or not.
That what I did when I had similar case.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by plutob2ce: 4:21pm On May 31, 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 4:21pm On May 31, 2023
Hope4Naja:

are you sure N15M is enough for two. living expenses for one person is 10,000 and for two is 20000. If tuition is 15000 per one, that is 30000 for two. total 50000 CAD. my own view

Its for M.A and dependant not both students

I read on the IRCC that for student is $10,000 cad while for the second person maybe dependant is $4,000 cad making total of $14000cad.

Well, I stand to be corrected with the aforementioned information of mine.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:43pm On May 31, 2023
Headward:

God bless you

Then apply alone and once yours is out, you apply for her. If you really don't have much to use as home ties, then this is an option.
You can use your thriving business or jobs and hype them up properly so the vo can see them as being worth coming back to after the studies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2023
Hope4Naja:

You can't calculate living expenses 10k for each of them. Are they planing to stay in separate apartments? Remember it's based on assumption he gets a 1 year program and tuition of about 15k which he can easily find.
For PA.
Tuition average of 15k for a year.
Living expenses 11,000
Miscellaneous 4,000
First dependant 5,000(ideally should be 4,000 cad)
Total= 35,000

In naira that's about 12,000,000 using rate of 344

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 4:57pm On May 31, 2023
zubizareta:

Then apply alone and once yours is out, you apply for her. If you really don't have much to use as home ties, then this is an option.
You can use your thriving business or jobs and hype them up properly so the vo can see them as being worth coming back to after the studies

Thank you. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haychay(m): 5:15pm On May 31, 2023
Thanks for the info. I am using a sponsor
Bobomaigida:

If you are self sponsored, then you have to show the whole tuition fees.

If you have a sponsor, then they will show at least 1 full year tuition and sources of income to generate funds for the remaining tuition fees.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 5:39pm On May 31, 2023
Hi guys
My question is can i use my nigerian debit card to make the payment or it must be a US or canada credit or debit card
What is the naira value of 150CAD or what is the current exchange rate calculated at.?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Og21: 5:48pm On May 31, 2023
Please any group for Humber College September 2023
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 5:49pm On May 31, 2023
zubizareta:

You can't calculate living expenses 10k for each of them. Are they planing to stay in separate apartments? Remember it's based on assumption he gets a 1 year program and tuition of about 15k which he can easily find.
For PA.
Tuition average of 15k for a year.
Living expenses 11,000
Miscellaneous 4,000
First dependant 5,000(ideally should be 4,000 cad)
Total= 35,000

In naira that's about 12,000,000 using rate of 344
Your calculation is correct, but to make it scenario based, for living expenses, $10,000 is for the main applicant, $4,000 is for the spouse and $3,000 for each dependent child per year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

More accurately, in a situation where only the applicant will be schooling and the spouse will be a dependant, total funds needed is;

Tuition fee : $15,000.
Living Expenses $10,000/yr for the applicant
Living Expenses: $4000/yr for the spouse.
Miscellaneous Expenses $3,000+
(If a dependent child is included additional $3,000 will be required)

Total $32,000. ( NGN 11,008,000 @ official CBN rate of $1/344)

I would show around 11.5m to compensate for foreign exchange fluctuation and other miscellaneous expenses.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Og21: 5:51pm On May 31, 2023
Also my medicals is for Monday.What should I expect?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 6:06pm On May 31, 2023
Hello everyone.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 6:07pm On May 31, 2023
Headward:

Its for M.A and dependant not both students

I read on the IRCC that for student is $10,000 cad while for the second person maybe dependant is $4,000 cad making total of $14000cad.

Well, I stand to be corrected with the aforementioned information of mine.

You are correct.

More information can be found on IRCC website https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 6:08pm On May 31, 2023
1. Please, is it a MUST to log into or open an account in OCAS Portal whenever I'm ready to apply for admission in any school in Canada?

2. Can I create my own email to track and monitor my application instead of using OCAS Portal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 6:09pm On May 31, 2023
ShowYoung:

Your calculation is correct, but to make it scenario based, for living expenses, $10,000 is for the main applicant, $4,000 is for the spouse and $3,000 for each dependent child per year.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

More accurately, in a situation where only the applicant will be schooling and the spouse will be a dependant, total funds needed is;

Tuition fee : $15,000.
Living Expenses $10,000/yr for the applicant
Living Expenses: $4000/yr for the spouse.
Miscellaneous Expenses $3,000+
(If a dependent child is included additional $3,000 will be required)

Total $32,000. ( NGN 11,008,000 @ official CBN rate of $1/344)

I would show around 11.5m to compensate for foreign exchange fluctuation and other miscellaneous expenses.
I was referring to his spouse as first dependant though as he only mentioned himself and his wife.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 6:13pm On May 31, 2023
Please, anyone going to University of Windsor January 2024? Also, is there any whatsapp of telegram group?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 6:18pm On May 31, 2023
Headward:
Good afternoon bosses. I have been reading all through but I must say, I get confused the more. I need people to come to my aide and proffer a solution

My Fiancee and I are HND graduates, we are planning to marry this year and at the same time travel out to Canada through study route.
I have a small business I'm doing and also an external lecturer but my babe has a small business also. We both have our Passport ready.My questions are:
Note: Ikr,that I have to start by searching for schools but still I'm confused.

1) Does PGD allows for dependant or what degree can she pursue as the M.A?
2) Can we both travel out at the same time if she applies as the M.A and I serve as Dependant?
3) Do I need an agent to run this?
4) As for POF please, we are borrowing from this POF agents,but please how do we run the POF if we want to apply?
(5) Marrying and then applying I hope it won't affect our chances please? Or do we need to back-date the certificate and if we have to do that, she has her family name on her passport,won't that cause issues? (We have been together for more than 7 years).
)) What do I need to know please.

Please help me out,we planned for UK before but this UK no dependant problem.

@Headward
Kindly take note that this is a public platform where many people visit from time to time, I will advise that some of the information divulged in your post may be detrimental to Nigerians.

1. POF agents.
2. Borrow from POF agents
3. Backdating of certificate.

As far as I know, there is no POF agents in Nigeria and Nigerians never borrowed POF. Also, backdating of certificate has never been and will never be possible in Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ShowYoung: 6:27pm On May 31, 2023
Kranjar:
Good afternoon, please can someone confirm what month Access bank is currently with the form A disbursement? Thanks.

February 8, 2023 application is treated today.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 6:31pm On May 31, 2023
Kalclinton:
Hello everyone.
Thank you.
If you're using flywire, there's an option to pay in naira. Depending on your card limit, you can pay with your card or do a bank transfer.

However if you decide to pay in USD, your naira card won't work.

As at the time of typing, the naira equivalent of 1500 CAD is N880,390
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 6:43pm On May 31, 2023
Please can someone send me the link to apply for Canada Student visa so I can get the format and the docs to put in each PDF file so I can prepare down. Someone should help to highlight each section and what docs to be in each on the portal. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1145) (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.