Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1225676 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by obinwanne(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2023
bullstriker:
Visitor visa. The husband can apply for Sowp, but it is better to do it after she arrives in Canada and can support the application with a letter of full-time enrolment and study permit.

Thanks a whole lot! I’ll pass along the info.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daisy1(f): 7:51pm On May 31, 2023
AVOID THE US if you don't have a valid US visa. Do not take flights with US stops. You have been warned!!

dbom:
hi guys
please i just booked my ticket with klm and in the final stages
it was telling me that i might need a visa to transit through us and the netherlands and i am flying to canada btw
please who has travelled to canada before and passed through US or amsterdam
please did you have any problems
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 8:09pm On May 31, 2023
daisy1:
AVOID THE US if you don't have a valid US visa. Do not take flights with US stops. You have been warned!!

Lol, is like you have a personal experience with US. grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dreezy007: 8:14pm On May 31, 2023
!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 8:14pm On May 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Lol, is like you have a personal experience with US. grin grin

As in eh. It came with stern warnings oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 8:17pm On May 31, 2023
tenderjunkie:

If you're using flywire, there's an option to pay in naira. Depending on your card limit, you can pay with your card or do a bank transfer.

However if you decide to pay in USD, your naira card won't work.

As at the time of typing, the naira equivalent of 1500 CAD is N880,390
When i got to that part it just displayed the card slots for me to put in my card details. It didn't give me an option of fly wire or bank transfer which was strange to me. How can you be operating on international grounds without providing suitable means for people in that country to make payment

Also, At what rate was this sum gotten from please.
And it's $150CAD for the application fee not $1500CAD thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tenderjunkie: 8:41pm On May 31, 2023
Kalclinton:

When i got to that part it just displayed the card slots for me to put in my card details. It didn't give me an option of fly wire or bank transfer which was strange to me. How can you be operating on international grounds without providing suitable means for people in that country to make payment

Also, At what rate was this sum gotten from please.
And it's $150CAD for the application fee not $1500CAD thank you.
Oh sorry. I was thinking you wanted to pay your tuition deposit

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 8:56pm On May 31, 2023
dreezy007:
Good Day Everyone here...
my bio
I'm 28
i'm an orphan
graduated in 2019, btech degree
please i have some issues bothering me on how to process canada student visa, my major area of concern now is my POF,

i don't know which is best to use as sponsor
1. myself
2. my elder sister, OR
3. My Aunty in UK (we both share same surname).

personally i have saved up about 9k cad.

-a friend told me not to use myself as sponsor because of doubts on how i can cum up with such amount of money

-so im thinking of my sister, but then she owns a very small business and then the volume of money in her account and the inflow is not much, upon my calculations, my school fees in cad is about 18,500, if i'm to even use her account maybe find a way to put in 4m and then borrow the rest from POF agents
adding extra 10k cad for upkeed thats 28,500 X 550 = #15,675,000... also i think i can't just have that sum of money in my sis account alone, i need to have a buffer just to show that she can convenient sponsor me so i'm thinking 20m has to be in her account if I'm to use her as my sponser (someone can please advice me here if im wrong).

- my last option is my aunt in UK- recently the idea of using her as sponsor came to my mind, me and her already are trying to work out UK visa, but i didn't like healthcare job. so we found someone who i will be with as a dependent. i really don't like Uk but she has showed interest in helping me there because most of my relatives re there.
she has took a loan of about 12,000 pounds in the UK to finance this idea with an agent she's working with.
so i'm thinking is it wise to use her as my sponsor.., maybe get the document of her loan from the UK, as Backing to finance my canada study idea, my aunt loan 12k British pounds to Cad is $20,000... both summing up to a reasonable amount

please i need a good advise, on how to go about this, with more insights on which is best to do... thank you in advance

Go to that uk , don’t let her feel u are unserious or ingrate, show gratitude for d loan she took . Besides the sponsorship visa to uk is better Dan Canada study visa . U will earn a good money in uk den maybe after 3yrs or close to d end of your 5yrs sponsorship visa u can migrate to canada from uk

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 8:56pm On May 31, 2023
MumiOlivia:

The best thing to do is call the school, they will ask for your brother's name and student ID, tell them and they will confirm whether it's real or not.
That what I did when I had similar case.
I wish I could get direct information from the school but unfortunately the school admission department told me that the information could only be released to the student involved.
I really need to be sure that the agent is not playing over my intelligent having received admission processing fee of 700k.
All the mails from the school went to him and he then forward to my brother. I was not comfortable with this development. I thought all my brother's particulars including his email address was inputed while filling the form and this would've enable him (my brother) to get direct informations from the school via mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:07pm On May 31, 2023
isangjohnson:

I wish I could get direct information from the school but unfortunately the school admission department told me that the information could only be released to the student involved.
I really need to be sure that the agent is not playing over my intelligent having received admission processing fee of 700k.
All the mails from the school went to him and he then forward to my brother. I was not comfortable with this development. I thought all my brother's particulars including his email address was inputed while filling the form and this would've enable him (my brother) to get direct informations from the school via mail.

Woow.. Admission processing fee of 700k??.. Omooo.
Well, you for just go ahead and ask them what you need.. No need of telling them it's for your brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Headward: 9:09pm On May 31, 2023
ShowYoung:

@Headward
Kindly take note that this is a public platform where many people visit from time to time, I will advise that some of the information divulged in your post may be detrimental to Nigerians.

1. POF agents.
2. Borrow from POF agents
3. Backdating of certificate.

As far as I know, there is no POF agents in Nigeria and Nigerians never borrowed POF. Also, backdating of certificate has never been and will never be possible in Nigeria.

Noted thank you boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:11pm On May 31, 2023
isangjohnson:

What is the name of the school?. Instead of email.. Try and call them with your number .. You will get the answer you need immediately.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by dreezy007: 9:12pm On May 31, 2023
jaydave:

Go to that uk , don’t let her feel u are unserious or ingrate, show gratitude for d loan she took . Besides the sponsorship visa to uk is better Dan Canada study visa . U will earn a good money in uk den maybe after 3yrs or close to d end of your 5yrs sponsorship visa u can migrate to canada from uk

Thanks for your response jaydave
I will if it works out well, but I don’t intend to put all my eggs in one basket…
I’m not the main applicant for the UK, and i think it will be done with me being the spouse of the main applicant, I don’t intend to do wedding too, with the way Uk are streamlining things, I want to also have other plans.
Ofcause I will be grateful for her help, the loan I will need to pay back half of it, for the next 3 years so me being in Uk or Ca I intend to pay her back for her kind support.

I still need more advice on the Canada study visa as asked earlier.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MumiOlivia: 9:58pm On May 31, 2023
dreezy007:

I will if it works out well, but I don’t intend to put all my eggs in one basket…
I’m not the main applicant for the UK, and i think it will be done with me being the spouse of the main applicant, I don’t intend to do wedding too, with the way Uk are streamlining things, I want to also have other plans.
Ofcause I will be grateful for her help, the loan I will need to pay back half of it, for the next 3 years so me being in Uk or Ca I intend to pay her back for her kind support.

My take on this.. With the loan your aunty took on your behalf. It better to use her.. You said it's 20kCAD. You will have to look for a 1year program with low tuition fee. Because most colleges will ask you to pay for first semester fee as tuition deposit, and far from that, it boost your visa approval rate. So when you pay for a semester fee, the remaining balance including your own little savings might be enough.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kalclinton: 10:18pm On May 31, 2023
Hello everyone.
Please i want to submit my application and make the payment of the 150CAD
My question is can i use my nigerian debit card to make the payment or it must be a US or canada credit or debit card
2ndly can someone help me with the ideal equivalent of the 150CAD in naira
What is the naira value of 150CAD or what is the current exchange rate calculated at.?
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by martins2021: 10:24pm On May 31, 2023
Bobomaigida:

Yes, you still need something, that will cover for your flight tickets and miscellaneous.
Thank you so much. I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OlisaChebe: 10:25pm On May 31, 2023
For Current/Prospective Nigerian Students in Durham College. You can join the DC telegram group through this link

https:///+E3s_y0kQvotiOTU8
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by woffie: 10:26pm On May 31, 2023
Thanks for your response can we use our kids as our home ties?

zubizareta:

She can go with dependants. Just that going alone improves her chances to get Visa as she will use you as the home ties
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by martins2021: 10:29pm On May 31, 2023
bullstriker:
While some Vos, based on your presentation, can accept full funding with a monthly stipend as an acceptable proof of funds, others may not be as lenient as these scholarships, though available, is only accessible when you meet specific requirements. Temporary resident applications, such as a study permit, are based on the discretion of the visa officer handling an application. So, I recommend having a substantial amount and showing a reliable source of funds for the subsequent years. Suppose you don’t have additional funds or a sponsor, I strongly advise you to ask for a support letter from your Head of Department, or supervisor addressed to IRCC stating that they guarantee maximum financial support for tuition and living expenses and that you merit it. Furthermore, in your financial analysis, mention precisely what the scholarship cover, how much will be provided per period and when it will be disbursed.

All the best.

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emmyomar: 10:34pm On May 31, 2023
Good evening house,

Please can someone add me up to Cambrian College WhatsApp platform or please post the platform link so that I can join.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by jaydave: 12:43am On Jun 01, 2023
dreezy007:

As to wat u asked earlier , you can use your aunt in d uk as co-sponsor . The sponsorship will be you and your aunt

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 2:07am On Jun 01, 2023
woffie:
Thanks for your response can we use our kids as our home ties?

Yea of course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by abbey1986(m): 5:20am On Jun 01, 2023
Naira debit doesn't work....try get a dollar card and deposit $115 and go ahead with your payment.
$150 CAD equals $115
Rate @aboki to purchase dollar is $740 per dollar.

Hope this helps

uote author=Kalclinton post=123498430]Hello everyone.
Please i want to submit my application and make the payment of the 150CAD
My question is can i use my nigerian debit card to make the payment or it must be a US or canada credit or debit card
2ndly can someone help me with the ideal equivalent of the 150CAD in naira
What is the naira value of 150CAD or what is the current exchange rate calculated at.?
Thank you.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by abbey1986(m): 5:21am On Jun 01, 2023
Scam....700k wat....fun kini
Application fee is 100CAD
Less than 60k naira

quote author=isangjohnson post=123496966]
All the mails from the school went to him and he then forward to my brother. I was not comfortable with this development. I thought all my brother's particulars including his email address was inputed while filling the form and this would've enable him (my brother) to get direct informations from the school via mail.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Canadahopeful23: 6:02am On Jun 01, 2023
zubizareta:

I read your previous refusal notes.
The major fault you had was your SOP and I also hope you addressed it with current SOP you are working on?
The VO then wasn't satisfied with your home economical ties hence felt there was no justification you embarking on such study and had doubts you would leave Canada.
In this your new SOP, you have to hype this your new business. Submit as much receipts and invoices to show the business is thriving and you would need to return to expand it once you are done.
Also I am already seeing some red flags in your current application. Your mum 100% sponsoring you with a gift deed might not be a good thing for someone that has claimed to be working and have a business.
Can your mum be a cosponsor then she can do some gify deed to you and not that 100% full sponsorship with a gift deed. and try to build your acct to show income flow. With this, vo can be convinced you have reason to leave Canada and return back to your business since your job is of low value as you have stated here. You need to seriously convince the VO that you have something worthwhile waiting for you back home in Nigeria and you can't wait to finish the study and return home to meet better opportunities that awaits you in Nigeria.

Thank you sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letusconnect: 7:26am On Jun 01, 2023
Anyone going to university of Windsor January 2024??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by isangjohnson: 7:40am On Jun 01, 2023
MumiOlivia:

What is the name of the school?. Instead of email.. Try and call them with your number .. You will get the answer you need immediately.
The school is Conestoga.
Thanks for your advice
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by oluayebenz: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2023
dbom:
please i want to know if i should cancel this flight immediately

If you don't have a US visa, cancel that flight immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Phamoxy(m): 9:42am On Jun 01, 2023
Phamoxy:
Please can someone send me the link to apply for Canada Student visa so I can get the format and the docs to put in each PDF file so I can prepare down. Someone should help to highlight each section and what docs to be in each on the portal. Thanks
Please someone should attend to this please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mrsam12: 10:03am On Jun 01, 2023
Good day everyone. Please can someone tell me how long does Seneca college send new letter of acceptance for someone who defer his admission
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Emmyomar: 10:05am On Jun 01, 2023
Happy new month house,

Please can someone help me with Cambrian College WhatsApp platform link? Am going in October.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by zubizareta(m): 10:16am On Jun 01, 2023
Phamoxy:

Please someone should attend to this please

Have you checked the first page of this thread? Think there is a checklist there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1146) (1147) (1148) (1149) (1150) (1151) (1152) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.