Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,681 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1214715 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbionaT(f): 1:22am On Aug 25, 2022
PLEASE I NEED HELP

I am waiting for PPR, but my school has WITHDRAWN my admission. They sent a message to me today.

I want to apply to another school for January 2023 and send updated LOA to IRCC before a decision on my application

I am trying to apply to FANSHAWE COLLEGE
But they said all Applicant from Nigeria must apply through their agent. I am stuck at this juncture.

Please my people help me out
Anyone that knows how to apply should please help me in the name of God.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Vlibray: 1:34am On Aug 25, 2022
AbionaT:
PLEASE I NEED HELP

I am waiting for PPR, but my school has WITHDRAWN my admission. They sent a message to me today.

I want to apply to another school for January 2023 and send updated LOA to IRCC before a decision on my application

But they said all Applicant from Nigeria must apply through their agent. I am stuck at this juncture.

You can apply to Fanshawe via applyboard
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Hanzat: 2:04am On Aug 25, 2022
The Lord that has been showing mercy on applications on this platform, Lord remember ours for good. Show us mercy before the end of August, and let all glory be yours in Jesus Christ name, Amen.
June 21st applicant.
Grace all the way oh Lord, Amen

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Niaso: 5:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Thanks for your response Adeyinka, am grateful

adeyinkaadetunj:

Yes, it's more better if your eligible review started before your medical pass. If your medical pass during your eligible review, it's mostly sure that you will receive your PPR soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 6:00am On Aug 25, 2022
TiggyAce:
Pls gurus in the house.I do not understand this letter emailed to me from the school I applied and does it mean I won’t be given admission after paying 144k application fee
You'll be given admission ur just on wait list

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 1306(f): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2022
I wish you all the best your visa applications and ultimately, canadian journey. I am been following for a long time on and off and I think I am ready for this.

Congratulations to those who have got their PPR. Canada would be good to you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 6:22am On Aug 25, 2022
AbionaT:
PLEASE I NEED HELP

I applied through an agent too, didn't knw it was compulsory to apply through an agent. If you wish to use my agent can give u his contact
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by DebrahOj: 6:24am On Aug 25, 2022
@ymbiola, you don't have to do it immediately. I had mine done 3 weeks after my application because I didn't have my passport with me BUT ensure you book your appointment and have it done before the 30 day deadline given to you.

ymbiola:
Good evening to the gurus in the house. A silent reader. Please I want to ask, it is a must I do biometrics immediately after I submit application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onethe: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2022
Royalty95:
Hello
Does anyone knows any one coming to Ottawa and is looking for a room for rent. I am a student at uottawa and I am looking for a roommate. Please send me a dm or email.

I am willing to rent
I send you a dm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 7:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Chocs:
An NYSC Certificate is not compulsory for a master’s program or Canadian study permit

Oh okay thanks For the reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ymbiola(m): 7:26am On Aug 25, 2022
DebrahOj:
@ymbiola, you don't have to do it immediately. I had mine done 3 weeks after my application because I didn't have my passport with me BUT ensure you book your appointment and have it done before the 30 day deadline given to you.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 7:29am On Aug 25, 2022
Uzoamaka123:
Yes pls .

I think you can do this but you need to show the source . There has to be back up like your work documents . If you’re self employed, you need to add your CAC and sales receipts etc to show that’s how you got the money in your account.

If you have an office job as well, you need to add your pay slip and salary account .

Basically things that wont make the Visa officer think the money in your account was put there for the visa process.

What if ones been saving the money for some years or it's from a profitable investment like Stocks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 7:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Experts in the house please let me know your thoughts on this
If I change my dli on my Visa application which is yet to be approved will it slow down the time of processing the application and would they have to start checking all over again or they'll change the school and it won't affect the state of my application
PS: eligibility has not started but medicals has been passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by samefiok(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2022
ibaka:
Lol I like your name sha hahaha.

Ok let me answer you. Canada has a pathway for students to become permanent residents (PR) and later citizens.

The catch is that you must actually get admission to study and subsequently get a work permit that will enable you gather canadian work experience required to apply for PR.

You need admission and funds to pay fees .

Reading articles about this it seems Canada makes it easy for International students to become permanent resident unlike Europe but I guess it all comes down to getting study permit which from what I read isn't easy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MotolaniBolaji: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2022
bucceryor:

Thank you

@motolanibolaji, please reach out to this woman. She did mine last year and charged 10k, she could sound be a bit harsh (as per Nigerian officer) o, but didn't let that deter you. I didn't step their office, she sent me the document which I filled printed, filled with all required information and fingerprints then I later sent to her for final stamping and signature. Just negotiate well[/color][color=#000000]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teebabe2806: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2022
I did

charli5:

Did I you get the mail from university of Calgary about online classes only for this fall term 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ifemyorochukwu: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:51am On Aug 25, 2022
The cycles are broken!! What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:52am On Aug 25, 2022
Ifemyorochukwu:
Hi Gurus in the house.

I applied on June 6th, the picture below is my current status are there any chances of me getting a decision soon ( before Sept 6 �)

My Dear, we are not visa officers or God... Just know that nothing is impossible... we have seen it happen... we have seen people get PPR, 2days to their deadlines. Hold on to whatever you believe in strongly. September 6 is about 2weeks from now and the most important thing should be for you to get a positive decision... Decision could come and be not what you expected so that should be your main concern

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 8:54am On Aug 25, 2022
Thank you

amila20042001:
Use this
NAIROBI WEBFORM
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/clientcontact/en/application

NAIROBI
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca

LAGOS

lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
ABUJA
Abuja@international.gc.ca

LONDON

london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca

ACCRA

accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lily89: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2022
Hey guy! Please I applied for Canadian visitors visa for my sister since April, no update until now. How do I withdraw the application? My sister now wants to apply for study visa instead.

Please help �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by INILARGE: 8:56am On Aug 25, 2022
Amen May 23rd applicant
CharitoJames:
The cycles are broken!! What God cannot do does not exist #NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2022
Annidenobeh:
If I change my dli on my Visa application which is yet to be approved will it slow down the time of processing the application and would they have to start checking all over again or they'll change the school and it won't affect the state of my application
Hello, When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2022
makano:
Hello Bruno

It depends on the applicant.. According to my research and observation.

Major Reason applicants prefer waiting to get a request from IRCC:

Considering the cost of medicals, some applicants feel since Upfront Medicals is never a guarantee for Visa approval, they don't see any reason to book for Medicals, since it does not guarantee Visa. So they prefer they wait for Medical request which is a right signal that the application will be approved. Once you get a Medical request, its top priority at the clinics, so even if there is no space within the deadline given you in your Medical request letter, they tend to allow you do your medicals before your deadline, but this is not so for Upfront Medicals. When you get a Medical request, your application is 99% sure of approval (unless village people are on your case). The only disadvantage to this is that the application may tend to delay.

Major Reason applicants prefer doing Upfront

This is simply for fast processing (not proven) of one's application. When it gets to the stage of Medical examination, instead of the Visa Officer going through the process of sending the Medical request, he/she works with the already submitted upfront Medical Examination result, so much time wont be spent during this stage. But like I said, upfront Medical does not in any way have any effect on the positive outcome of an application.. Its 50-50 chance..

Its your Eligibility to study that determines if you will be approved of your study permit application or refused..

Peace

That 2% that remains is still a very great concern.

Someone posted it here sometimes ago that he got a medical request but got a refusal a day after.

It seems those VOs are not predictable at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by miimssss: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2022
Hello All,

I used a representative to apply for study permit —signed the representative form and submitted with my application and all.

However, my immigration consultant insists she won’t send emails to IRCC yet. She says IRCC will get back to me in due time. Application is over 12 weeks.

I want to personally send emails to IRCC as the principal application (without her knowledge) , will IRCC respond to my emails and disclose information?? Anybody done this before? Also, would it affect my application negatively?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 9:36am On Aug 25, 2022
Princeofabia:
Hello, When did you apply?
I applied may 30th

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2022
Amen!!! 21st May applicant
CharitoJames:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2022
IRCC will give you response via the original email you used to apply, and no it will not affect your application negatively. besides, it is already passed 12 weeks standard processing time
miimssss:
Hello All,

I used a representative to apply for study permit —signed the representative form and submitted with my application and all.

However, my immigration consultant insists she won’t send emails to IRCC yet. She says IRCC will get back to me in due time. Application is over 12 weeks.

I want to personally send emails to IRCC as the principal application (without her knowledge) , will IRCC respond to my emails and disclose information?? Anybody done this before? Also, would it affect my application negatively?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 9:56am On Aug 25, 2022
The thing is you really cannot tell if eligibility has actually begun or not based on the eligibility you see on your portal.
some persons have received PPR same day eligibility started on their portals, meaning eligibility has already started but not updated on their portals.
So back to your question, updating a new DLI on your portal could delay the processing time of the application.
Annidenobeh:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutowo(m): 9:57am On Aug 25, 2022
Elisheva1:
Hello house, gurus please share your thoughts on my request, I am still awaiting feedback on my application but just got an approved International loan to support my study and other expenses, do I necessarily have to submit the support letter to IRCC to show additional funds or there’s no need?Are international loans well received by IRCC?

Good day, please can I mail you, am interested in this international loan kus I don’t have the pof that is required for the study permit. I await your response. Thank you

olutowo@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by emmyportal: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2022
You should be able to get a decision before Sept 6 depending on when the eligibility review started.
.Eligibility review exceeding a month means applicant might be stucked in enhanced security screening[1quote author=Ifemyorochukwu post=116038518]Hi Gurus in the house.

I applied on June 6th, the picture below is my current status are there any chances of me getting a decision soon ( before Sept 6 �)[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Godtemi: 10:13am On Aug 25, 2022
Please guys, if I want to travel to Canada using airfrance, which is going to transit via Paris.
Please do I need transit visa ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.