Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,970 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213816 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Funmilayoo: 11:41am On Aug 03, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I sent emails and also raised a webform to Nairobi to get an update on my application, I got a reply that they can't give me an update since I'm using a representative. I got back to my consultant and he said sending mails to the embassy can complicate my application.
I just want to know how true this is.
I had to defer from May to September, September is almost here and no PPR yet. Please any advice given will be appreciated cos I don’t know what to do again. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 11:43am On Aug 03, 2022
Gurus in the house, Please help o. I made two terrible mistakes and I found this thread while finding a solution.

I just submitted my study permit application together with my husband work permit. But after submitting, I discovered that I made the following mistakes:

1. I chose Male instead of Female for my gender in the IMM form for study permit.

2. The last alphabet I typed in my husband's middle name was wrong in his IMM form. I typed t instead of e. For example, let say his middle name is Husbande but I wrongly typed it as Husbandt.

Please gurus, what can I do to resolve these two issues?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tolupe1: 11:51am On Aug 03, 2022
femredhead:
Guru in the house,kindly help me out. I'm asking for a sister though have searched severally but I didn't get an answer.

---- What further study course can an HND (Lower Credit) in hotel and catering do?

---- Please help with a cheap university or college that offer PGD hotel and Hospitality or related and lucrative course that is in line with her previous study.

----- Name of college that offer the course without requesting for IELTS.

Thanks in anticipation.

check out Selkirk College. It has low tuition. the person can do PgD in hospitality or Culinary management. Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2022
Walspring:

Some benevolent guys on this thread set up or contributed the funds used to registered people here for discounted offer GRE and TOEFL till date

To God be the glory, it’s nice and we are happy to hear this testimony because these guys vision and mission are not in vain.

Walspring is still here as if is not here.
It's so good to read from you again, Walspring. You are a blessing. How about Twoods, Lagosismyhome, and the other guy that always raise a (Beer) toast with emojis each time there's an approval? Are these legends still here?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bibianna1: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2022
I got a 'Don't reply' email to check for an update in my application
Anon123:

Congratulations.

Did you get correspondence update before the PPR dropped?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lapazi(m): 12:09pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hi @Omnisavage, i was running a search on nairaland for Conestoga college on nairaland and saw ur post on thread 21 for a whatsapp group for applicants or those already going to Conestoga, Please share the whatsapp link.

Other members in the house, pls share link to whatsapp for Conestoga college abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Geerlings: 12:10pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please help us for those already used new portal how can will compress a lot of documents to 2mb, except from space of additional documents do will still have a space next to upload SOP?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 12:11pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ebite2000:
Gurus, I have a quick one. IRCC requested additional documents which I have submitted, what does this mean? My status is still saying ''your application is in progress ''
Hi Ebite2000,

There's nothing to worry about. It's absolutely normal. Your supporting documents will be updated eventually. As a matter of fact, I would like to congratulate you in advance.

If I might ask you, how long ago did you submit the webform?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2022
bullstriker:
Any contact for affordable police clearance cert

I don't have any contact, didn't use it for my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Geerlings: 12:26pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please for those that have already used New portal to submit, except from space of additional documents is there any space next for upload such has home tie documents or are we going to combine both SOP and home ties document in single space of additional documents am confused
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeddamola(f): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations Abi.

Abi2022:
Come and join me sing Halleluyah!!!!

I have received my love letter. PPR received 12:41pm. April 26, 2022.

Portal - New Portal
Application Date - April 26, 2022
Biometrics - not needed since I had a visitor visa in 2016 and Biometrics is still valid
Upfront Medical - May 25, 2022
Upfront Medical Passed - June 23, 2022
PPR - August 02, 2022
Sponsor - self Sponsored
Age - 39
I used an agent who helped with admission and application

It has been God all the way.

I stumbled on this thread a month after submissions when there was no movement with my application. I did not submit the numerous documents seen on the thread and doubted my application will be approved at a point especially home ties.

I got frustrated when my medicals was not updated for at least one month. I sent various emails to Accra, Lagos, Nairobi, Abuja and filled numerous forms. My faith was tested and still I believed that God who started this will perfect it.

Documents summited include
1. Bank Statement (Salary and Savings account)
2. Payslips
3. Letter of Explanation on sums paid
4. Offer Letter from Company
5. Acceptance Letter from School
6. School fees balance payment (Submitted through Webform)
7. International Medical Insurance Certificate
8. School Certificates
9 Professional Membership Certificate

I pray for all waiting that the God that did not fail me will show up for you too.

The wait is over

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kennyjoy(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Geerlings:
Please for those that have already used New portal to submit, except from space of additional documents is there any space next for upload such has home tie documents or are we going to combine both SOP and home ties document in single space of additional documents am confused

Hi Geerlings,

Yes. Merge all your documents by using ilovepdf.com(SOP+home ties+certification) should go in the additional documents section, while some of your landed/house documents should go in the proof of fund section. If you have a bulky documents, split them up and use the consent form section.

Best wishes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning
I got my PPR this morning. Thank God and I wish you all the best. I'm an April 14th Applicant.

Glory!!!! Congratulations oh... I shall testify next and it will shock the devil.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Quiver:

Thank you sir for this. I noticed Nairobi sent me a message on letter of deferred admission and a scanned copy of my new international passport but later recalled the email. Do you think I should still send them irregardless.

Also how does one order GCMS note?
Hi Quiver,

Could you please share a screenshot of the two emails? I presume the former was an error. Consequently, you might not need to honour the request. Notwithstanding, you can send them the documents in question if you wish to. You won't be penalized for it.

Regarding the GCMS note, Justwise used to ban accounts that share GCMS links here a while back. I can't tell if he still does that. However, I think Frankrobbn1 is into something like that. You can as well check Google. You'll find a number of sites. You also have the option of contacting someone in Canada to order it on your behalf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2022
kennyjoy:

Hi Geerlings,

Merge all your documents by using ilovepdf.com(SOP+home ties+certification) should go in the additional documents section, while some of your landed/house documents should go in the proof of fund section. If you have a bulky documents, split them up and use the consent form section.

Best wishes.

SOP and every home ties documents can be together... Home ties and landed documents are not proof of funds so it can’t go there as proof of funds

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ocool:
Gurus in the house, Please help o. I made two terrible mistakes and I found this thread while finding a solution.

I just submitted my study permit application together with my husband work permit. But after submitting, I discovered that I made the following mistakes:

1. I chose Male instead of Female for my gender in the IMM form for study permit.

2. The last alphabet I typed in my husband's middle name was wrong in his IMM form. I typed t instead of e. For example, let say his middle name is Husbande but I wrongly typed it as Husbandt.

Please gurus, what can I do to resolve these two issues?

Please I'm awaiting the responses of gurus to these two issues. Please, help me before it is too late for me to act.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 12:50pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please which of the consultant did you use for your application?
Funmilayoo:
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I sent emails and also raised a webform to Nairobi to get an update on my application, I got a reply that they can't give me an update since I'm using a representative. I got back to my consultant and he said sending mails to the embassy can complicate my application.
I just want to know how true this is.
I had to defer from May to September, September is almost here and no PPR yet. Please any advice given will be appreciated cos I don’t know what to do again. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Geerlings: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
CharitoJames:

SOP and every home ties documents can be together... Home ties and landed documents are not proof of funds so it can’t go there as proof of funds

I have a bulky documents, maybe home ties document can go with consent form space section, second question is it compulsory to download and fill a consent form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 12:53pm On Aug 03, 2022
Laborah:

Thanks �� I’ve gotten appointment for 4th but I’ve not made payment please which bank

I’m not sure. You should have the payment details on your appointment slip. If it’s IOM then it’s on the last page. Standard Chartered Bank
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Benzdey4u: 12:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
@Gigdraft, Please i sent you a mail, i would like to discuss or probably talk to you about my application
Gigdraft:
Hi Quiver,

Could you please share a screenshot of the two emails? I presume the former was an error. Consequently, you might not need to honour the request. Notwithstanding, you can send them the documents in question if you wish to. You won't be penalized for it.

Regarding the GCMS note, Justwise used to ban accounts that share GCMS links here a while back. I can't tell if he still does that. However, I think Frankrobbn1 is into something like that. You can as well check Google. You'll find a number of sites. You also have the option of contacting someone in Canada to order it on your behalf.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
Geerlings:
Hi Geerlings,

The Additional Document Section is for supporting credentials. I mean, those documents that are not fundamentally required to process your application. Yes, you will have to merge the files in a portable document format.

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Greenwisher: 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello
I need some help here

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit
Program studied: Environmental Management
Grade: 2:1
Intended program: Occupational health, wellness and safety

GCMS
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that:
-the client's previous studies were in an unrelated field
-the client has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path

Re-applying...
I got an admission offer from UCW but 45k CAD lo far plus reviews regarding their refund policy is not encouraging.
So I am considering the PACE(Advanced Business Management) post-grad certificate program at the University of Winnipeg
My concern is the academic progression issue raised by the VO

@JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by space01: 1:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning
I got my PPR this morning. Thank God and I wish you all the best. I'm an April 14th Applicant.

Congratulations ooooo

Congratulations , am next to have mine.

I calm my PPR this week in Jesus name.

God has shown me mercy.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Princeofabia: 1:21pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning
Congrats..I'm next to testify

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please
Has any may/June applicant gotten any update on their application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lapazi(m): 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
I got admitted to Conestoga college for a 2year grad certificate program. I applied for form A fees payment with Globus bank. After weeks of waiting they just reached out to me saying they dont process graduate certificate formA payments and they only process degrees, BSc, MSc, PhD.

I was shocked with this response.

Are there other banks i can try and still meet my sept deadline?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fativivimat: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Some early May Applicants got response last week. Hope mid and late May applicants will be considered.

It will end in praise. Stay Calm!

Annidenobeh:
Please
Has any may/June applicant gotten any update on their application?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by adeyinkaadetunj: 1:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please kindly advise:

My 1st application was refused on 30 march 2022 and I replied on 27 April 2022. Eligible review of my second application started since July 5th. But today I received a letter to go for another medical exam. I have done medical exam during my first application that was refused and it was pass and still valid.

Can I send the hard copy of last medical I did to IRCC through webform or I should go and do another one.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 1:49pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello AOROGBEM

Did you contact all the MPs in your province, at least 1 of them will reply. Also, hope you were not rude in the content of your mails to the MPs, cos they are not in any way responsible in the delay of your application, and also they are not even supposed to attend to you since you are not yet in Canada or a resident of their province , its only the "So nice" MPs that reply to applicants outside of Canada, since you will be a prospective resident of their province.

So in your next mails to all the MPs in your proposed province, make sure youa re extra nice and friendly in your write-up.

Also keep bombarding IRCC with mails until you get an update, your application is almost a year, so you have every right to do so..

Peace
AOROGBEM:

Mine is since nov16. , eligibility review started January
No update till date, always getting application under active review response after raising several Webforms
So tired mehn
Still sending mails till date
Mps not responding
Literally tired
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Trailblazer21: 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2022
adeyinkaadetunj:
Please kindly advise:

My 1st application was refused on 30 march 2022 and I replied on 27 April 2022. Eligible review of my second application started since July 5th. But today I received a letter to go for another medical exam. I have done medical exam during my first application that was refused and it was pass and still valid.

Can I send the hard copy of last medical I did to IRCC through webform or I should go and do another one.

Send the e-medical sheet to the following emails and also raise a web form to Nairobi, it will be updated. Same thing happened to my application, and I sent it to them and they updated it. April 25th applicant.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

nrobi-im-document@international.gc.ca

NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Hoping to hear your success story soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by makano: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello adeyinkaadetun

This shows your application is on the route of approval.

If your Medical examination is still within a year, then you will just have to send your E-medical sheet via Webform and Email.. In your mail, state that you have initially done an upfront Medical and attach is the E-Medical sheet given you in the clinic, so you don't need to do another one..

But if your Medical Examination is beyond 12 months, then you will have to do another one..

Peace
adeyinkaadetunj:
Please kindly advise:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Fativivimat: 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2022
From what you just stated it's like the major weak of your application is your choice of program. I will strongly advise you go for a Graduate course related to Environmental Management to save you all these stress. Since I am not aware of your Bsc grade you can opt for Masters if you've a 2:1.

You can also check out this link for a related course in University of Saskatchewan

https://grad.usask.ca/programs/environment-sustainability.php#Program

There's Royal Roads Universitybhere too as well https://www.royalroads.ca/programs/master-science-environment-and-management?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3my37nRSAC91wMtT6unV4Uf_r-FOVJXn25LWQ5-CKQGNUtVm6rCKWkaAvnlEALw_wcB

All the best.

Greenwisher:
Hello
I need some help here

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit
Program studied: Environmental Management
Intended program: Occupational health, wellness and safety

GCMS
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that:
-the client's previous studies were in an unrelated field
-the client has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path

Re-applying...
I got an admission offer from UCW but 45k CAD lo far plus reviews regarding their refund policy is not encouraging.
So I am considering the PACE(Advanced Business Management) post-grad certificate program at the University of Winnipeg
My concern is the academic progression issue raised by the VO

@JustMellow

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.