Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,359 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1213933 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Greenwisher: 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2022
Thanks for contribution @Fativivimat
Yes I have got a 2:1 but I am presently at the crossroads as some kind folks here earlier advised going for a program related to my work experience.

Fativivimat:
From what you just stated it's like the major weak of your application is your choice of program. I will strongly advise you go for a Graduate course related to Environmental Management to save you all these stress. Since I am not aware of your Bsc grade you can opt for Masters if you've a 2:1.

You can also check out this link for a related course in University of Saskatchewan

https://grad.usask.ca/programs/environment-sustainability.php#Program

There's Royal Roads Universitybhere too as well https://www.royalroads.ca/programs/master-science-environment-and-management?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuaiXBhCCARIsAKZLt3my37nRSAC91wMtT6unV4Uf_r-FOVJXn25LWQ5-CKQGNUtVm6rCKWkaAvnlEALw_wcB

All the best.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Kolajero:
Please those who applied as a family, how do we book a biometric appointment with VFS as a family.

They sent the Biometric Collection Letter to the primary applicant only and the IRCC Number on the letter is just one. But when I was trying to book an appointment as a family of three, they were requesting for the IRCC Number of the other two people. I tried using the only one on the letter but it was showing an error message that the number has been used by the primary applicant and I should supply another one.

Please, guide me as I don't want to guess and then make a mistake.

Hello Kolajero,

Let PA book alone, while the rest of the family expects further instruction letters from IRCC. The Application and/or UCI number are uniquely designed for one applicant only.

Success is all I wish your Family!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bibianna1:
Good morning
I got my PPR this morning. Thank God and I wish you all the best. I'm an April 14th Applicant.

Hello Bibianna1,

Big congratulations. I believe your victory would elevate the hope of others in this journey.

Prosper!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2022
Funmilayoo:
Good day everyone. Please I need help, I applied for my student visa on February 10, 2022, and did biometrics on February 15, using an immigration consultant. Around May I asked for a screenshot of my profile page cos I don’t have access to my page, I noticed my background check and eligibility have started, I did another upfront medical on June 10, 2022, cos the one I did last year has expired.
I sent emails and also raised a webform to Nairobi to get an update on my application, I got a reply that they can't give me an update since I'm using a representative. I got back to my consultant and he said sending mails to the embassy can complicate my application.
I just want to know how true this is.
I had to defer from May to September, September is almost here and no PPR yet. Please any advice given will be appreciated cos I don’t know what to do again. Thank you.

Hello Funmilayoo,

How IRCC treats applications generally is very poor and so sad. You have no other option than to defer again to the next possible admission opening if your application is not finalized before class resumption. Probably, your representative may have a reason for wanting you to wait out the outcome. Requesting the GCMS notes does not complicate an ongoing application rather, it helps it. If you have your application number you can request it.

Success is all I wish You!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by LuvNLight: 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Just As I have Declared IN the name of Jesus!!!

MY PPR HAS COME.

Family application. (First-time applicant. Self Applicant)

Below is my Story.

Firstly My Wife (Study permit)
My wife's Study Permit Application was submitted on Feb 26th, 2022 (Upfront medicals were done)
Biometrics was done on 7th March 2022.
Medical passed and Biometric updated 7th March 2022.

PPR For my Wife May 27th, 2022.

Secondly Myself and our 2 months Baby.

Visit Visa for Myself and Baby applied on the 22nd of June 2022
Biometrics requested for me alone on 23rd June 2022
Biometrics completed and updated 24th June 2022.

Eligibility Review Started 24th July 2022
Medical Requested for me and my baby 25th July 2022
Medical Booked and done on the 26th July 2022 (Miracle and grace)
Medical Updated to Pass 27th July 2022
BVL AND PPR FOR ME AND MY BABY 3RD AUG 2022.

Me, My wife, and my baby will Travel Together!!!

I give God all the Glory. Our case was Expedited through Christ Jesus.

Thanks to all those who have contributed in one way or the other.

To all those who keyed into my Declaration, Your PPR WILL COME TOMORROW. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY. AMEN

READ PSALM 25 DAILY AND WORK WITH FAITH.

SHALOM

LuvNLight:
My PPR will come tomorrow and I will testify to the Glory of God the Creator.

Let me get a Resounding Amen from everyone especially those who are also Expecting PPR.

JESUS IS LORD!!!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2022
BIG congrats to the end family. May the land of Canada favour u all in Jesus name

LuvNLight:

MY PPR HAS COME.

Below is my Story.

My wife's Study Permit Application was submitted on Feb 26th, 2022 (Upfront medicals were done)

To all those who keyed into my Declaration, Your PPR WILL COME TOMORROW. IN JESUS NAME I PRAY. AMEN

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HelperDeji(m): 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hi everyone, congratulations to everybody because every stage of this journey is a blessing from the most high. And I’ll like to get some good information to support my study visa.

Firstly, I have all my personal documents which include my admission letter and the rest but my sponsor is not a related family member but a lawyer is working on documents to support the sponsorship.

Do I need to snap a picture with the sponsor? Or I should leave it for the lawyer to do his job?
The hard copy document, will it still be relevant in the future?

What other advice will you give me concerning the sponsor because the funds are like x3 or x4 of the entire fees!
Hope I’m safe please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kanoute(m): 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello ..
Please I am applying for the Canadian student visa and I have been trying to gather some of my documents...
Please I am finding an issue in doing my medicals upfront..
Please are they designated hospitals where I can do my medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2022
Greenwisher:
Hello
I need some help here

Refusal Reason: Purpose of visit
Program studied: Environmental Management
Grade: 2:1
Intended program: Occupational health, wellness and safety

GCMS
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history.
I note that:
-the client's previous studies were in an unrelated field
-the client has previous studies at a higher academic level than the proposed studies in Canada
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path

Re-applying...
I got an admission offer from UCW but 45k CAD lo far plus reviews regarding their refund policy is not encouraging.
So I am considering the PACE(Advanced Business Management) post-grad certificate program at the University of Winnipeg
My concern is the academic progression issue raised by the VO

@JustMellow

Hello Greenwisher,

The officer was right to conclude about the correlation of the proposed study to your work experience. If an applicant has been out of school for a while, the proposed program should relate to the work experience domain. It is good to read you have switched study to the business field, an all-encompassing study.

The hints below are critical to placing your application favorably on the officer's table. Focus on:

• showing POF amounting to NGN 10m above excluding tuition. If a term deposit is certain, provide proof and explanation but try as much as you can to avoid any lump sum inflows;

• paying your first-year tuition. As a re-applicant, it is advised to do everything best to convince the officer of having sufficient and available funds;

• setting up a GIC or if you are expecting any lump sum, fix it in a fixed deposit for a duration close to the study commencement, to cater to your LE;

• establishing a reliable and stable economic source(s) of income and investments. Include evidence and your savings bank account(s), et al.

• importantly, draft a good SOP to help the officer understand your study intent and the significance of the study, especially in Canada. Then use an LOE to address the officer's concerns in the notes. If you think you will need adequate assistance with the letters, reach out to GCMSWriters on IG, Twitter, or Telegram. So many testimonies from previous applicants.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
Trailblazer21:

Mehnn this is my situation also. BVL came July 29th after medical request letter (done and updated passed 25th July ). For most applications BVL comes same time as PPR I don’t know why IRCC wants to torture us.

It’ll end in praise

Hello Trailblazer21,

With your profile, just relax and be hopeful for a sweet love letter.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
Bambam4life:
Good afternoon all

My PPR has been granted since June (Timeline already given in Part 21). I'm scheduled to travel by August ending. However, my medicals will expire before I travel. I did another medical examination in June; after my PPR was granted and I sent the medical sheet to IRCC via webform since that June. Yet, it has not been updated on my portal and my Letter of Introduction still says the same thing.

What can I do, please? Can I be prevented from travelling because of this?

Hello Bambam4life,

Don't be bothered. During your travel, keep the updated e-Med slip in an accessible location to easily tender it if asked.

Best wishes!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
bullstriker:
Complete another IMM form with the correct information. Send it through the webform and email explaining the reasons for the updated IMM form. Write “URGENT” on top of your message.
Don’t panic; they know it is a common mistake that applicants make.

Thanks so much. I've been expecting this kind of reply since. I did exactly what you mentioned immidietly I noticed but I didn't know whether what I did would work. But now you have given me a confidence that everything will be ok.

May God continue to bless you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OneLocalMan: 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hello people Good evening.

I recently went for my upfront medical and i passed (I requested for my result after 5days)

Now my question is, how long is this result valid for, i am asking this as i still have a lot to put in place before deciding to apply for a study permit.

I passed my upfront medical

How long is this upfront medical valid for

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceDavo1: 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations Bro...

I am next to testify on my PPR. AMEN
LuvNLight:

MY PPR HAS COME.

Below is my Story.

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2022
Annidenobeh:
Please
Has any may/June applicant gotten any update on their application?

9th of June applicant

Upfront medical passed

Background check and eligibility started, awaiting PPR

It will end in praise for us all

Emi lo kan

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
My family and I did our upfront medical on July 19 at IOM, Abuja. The last nurse that attended to us told us they would send our results to IRCC within 5 working days and we too would get an email notification. But up till this moment, we are yet to receive any email.

Please I want to know if this is normal.

Moreover, we just submitted our applications today. Could that be the reason IOM is yet to contact us via email as they promised?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Drawer: 6:43pm On Aug 03, 2022
Congratulations I’m happy for you and your family. This is my testimony in Jesus name Amen �

LuvNLight:

MY PPR HAS COME.

Below is my Story.

SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kanoute(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2022
Ocool:
My family and I did our upfront medical on July 19 at IOM, Abuja. The last nurse that attended to us told us they would send our results to IRCC within 5 working days and we too would get an email notification. But up till this moment, we are yet to receive any email.

Please I want to know if this is normal.

Moreover, we just submitted our applications today. Could that be the reason IOM is yet to contact us via email as they promised?
please is there any designated place where you can do the medicals upfront?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ActivatedDreams: 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ocool: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Kanoute:
please is there any designated place where you can do the medicals upfront?

Yes, I did mine at IOM in Abuja. They are in Lagos too. There is also another one in Lagos, maybe Qlife. You can Google it to check to their websites and how to book an appointment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 7:04pm On Aug 03, 2022
LuvNLight:

MY PPR HAS COME.

Below is my Story.

SHALOM

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Niaso: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
Good day Nairalanders,
After successfully booking an upfront medical appointment, can one go anytime on the appointed date regardless if the appointment time reads 9AM?? Please very urgent pleeeease!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by collinsunusual: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2022
7COLOURS:

9th of June applicant

Upfront medical passed

Emi lo kan
Exactly same date
June 9 applicant too
My medical was passed on 1 August
And by Gods grace ppr soon

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2022
collinsunusual:

Exactly same date
June 9 applicant too
My medical was passed on 1 August
And by Gods grace ppr soon

What about eligibility?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2022
Kanoute:
Hello ..
Please I am applying for the Canadian student visa and I have been trying to gather some of my documents...
Please I am finding an issue in doing my medicals upfront..
Please are they designated hospitals where I can do my medicals?
Hi Kanoute,

Please note that IRCC only acknowledges medical results from two clinics - IOM (N46,500) and Qlife (N46,500). You can book your appointment with any of them via their respective websites.

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

Updated

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
congratulation Bro

go and excel
please can u share document submitted as self sponspored and the co sponsor
also what is the POF balance use
thanks

yeleola:
God has finally done it for me. My PPR finally landed !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am January 15th applicant.

Timeline :
Self sponsored + Co-Sponsor

Application submission : Jan 15th 2022
Upfront medical update : Feb 22,2022
Eligibility review : June 27,2022
PPR & BVL : August 2, 2022.

My prayer to all PPR hopefuls is that God in his mercy will remember everyone. A big thanks to everyone in this one big family. Meanwhile, how do I go about sending my passport for stamping? Especially the cost. Anyone with recent experience regarding this should help out.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 7:37pm On Aug 03, 2022
i also applied the same day !
medicals passed today also

7COLOURS:

9th of June applicant

Upfront medical passed

Emi lo kan

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 03, 2022
lolathegenie:
i also applied the same day !
medicals passed today also

It will end in praise for us

Emi lo kan

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kidsister13: 7:45pm On Aug 03, 2022
I came to register myself here.
I am still that October 2021 applicant.

I have send mails daily since forever now,
Yet no PPR. In God I trust!!!!

Anyways, i recently got this reply from them after several mails that I have sent out over the months and weeks.

I don't even know what to expect right now. But I am postive. School resumes September 10th

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lolathegenie: 7:47pm On Aug 03, 2022
It’s valid for a year
OneLocalMan:
Hello people Good evening.

I recently went for my upfront medical and i passed (I requested for my result after 5days)

Now my question is, how long is this result valid for, i am asking this as i still have a lot to put in place before deciding to apply for a study permit.

I passed my upfront medical

How long is this upfront medical valid for

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bibianna1: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
Please after I've gotten my PPR what are the documents I need to send for stamping?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bibianna1: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2022
Go earlier if you don't wanna spend the whole day there
Niaso:
Good day Nairalanders,
After successfully booking an upfront medical appointment, can one go anytime on the appointed date regardless if the appointment time reads 9AM?? Please very urgent pleeeease!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.