Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1219040 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayonz: 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2022
I secured an Mpower loan of USD 50,000 for MEng Software Engr degree i.e CAD 65,000. Tuition CAD 44,000 & Living expense/accomodations CAD 21,000.
Personal savings of N1.5 million and personal land asset Ibeju lekki. No additional sponsors. I currently earn in Naira abt 500k. I applied May 12. My original plan was to to get a job in Canada then initiate PR (I didn't say this to them, I told them in my SOP that I wld secure a job as Software jobs are in high demand) or at worst a job in Europe to repay the loan, . Tho I currently work remotely with a Nigerian company. In eventuality of me coming to Nigeria I wld probably use my current salary to repay the loan

Frankrobbn1:

I regret to hear that your visa application was refused by the Canadian immigration authorities. I can't conclude that the reason behind your refusal was as a result of the Mpower loan. However, the explanations you gave in support of how you intend to pay up this loan after studies in Canada matters alot to the processing officer. Any relevant job opportunities for you back home or are you depending on the Canadian job market to work and offset those bills?. On the other hand, what other sponsor did you declare in your application aside the Mpower? Did you include additional sponsor or the Mpower was your stand alone sponsor?

Provide answers to these questions, I'll be pleased to provide solutions to your failed application.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ayonz: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2022
I secured an Mpower loan of USD 50,000 for MEng degree i.e CAD 65,000. Tuition CAD 44,000 & Living expense/accomodations CAD 21,000.
Personal savings of N1.5 million and personal land asset Ibeju lekki. No additional sponsors. I currently earn in Naira abt 500k. I applied May 12. I said in my SOP that I wld secure a job as Software jobs are in high demand globally to repay the loan, . Tho I currently work remotely with a Nigerian company. In eventuality of me coming to Nigeria I wld probably use my current salary to repay the loan

Ayonz:
Hello all
I got a refusal letter yesterday.

" I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

• You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee."

I used Mpower loan for sponsorship

What can I do to turn this around, I want to reapply?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2022
No, also Lagos, London and accra.
amila20042001:
Wow that's a good one. Is it only to Nairobi office you send to?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2022
Dear Visa Officer,

I am so sorry for the numerous emails. It is not my intention to send you numerous emails but due to the need to make ample preparation.

I have many responsibilities as a xxxxxxxxxx to make adequate preparation for my family in Nigeria before I leave to complete my studies at xxxxxxxxxx. I also have deadlines to meet to be eligible for the co-op placement at school scheduled to start xxxxxxxx [/b]and my physical presence is mandatory to partake of this as a pre-requisite to the course which I have completed 50% in my country home Nigeria.

Lastly, I belong to a residential association which I have to make preparations to hand over my duties to my assistant which I would need ample time ahead before resumption in first week in [b]xxxxxxxxxxx.

I hereby appeal to you as a honorable member of IRCC in Nairobi, Kenya to assist in finalizing my study permit application.

I am hopeful that as soon as this application is finalized there will be no need for me to keep sending this emails.

Please also note that I got a medical request on xxxxxxxxxx which was passed on xxxxxxxxxxx and I also got a biometrics validity letter on the xxxxxxxxxxx but no follow up email on decision since then.

I look forward to your next line of actions to enable me prepare ahead .

Thank you

Full name: Buhari Jonathan Osibanjo

UCI: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Application number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not my write up, I forgot who posted it here on nairaland.
Just adjust it to your preference.
daffy22:
Hi, please how do you send mails? And what is the content of the email

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by realmummy(f): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2022
Hello

So this is my timeline.

Upfront Medical; 12th July
Submitted; new portal 14th July
Biometrics; 18th July and transmitted same day
Medicated updated to pass; August 3rd
Eligibility Started; September 3rd

BVL .... September 9th and PPR, this morning.

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ARE:
1. Passport
2. IELTS, GRE ( I wrote GRE a different purpose last year)
3.Bank statements; naira account, dollar and fixed deposit
4. Receipt of part land payment and documents of 2 bedroom flats
5. NIN, birth certificates, marriage certificates, BSc and HND results, CV, SOP, ICAN and ACCA Certificates,
Harvard certificate etc.... All these were merged as a document
6.Family pictures, pages of stamped US, UK, Dubai and other Trips.
7.Both parents pictures, car documents, contract documents, CAC documents, Farm documents(I own a farmland, LOL)
8.I did a comprehensive, estimated, excel sheet outlining how I intend to spend my money during the duration of my study.
The excel sheet contains; estimated flight fees for a family of 4, initial hotel fee for 10 days, cost of accommodation, feeding, transportation, clothing, health insurance fee, school fee and part payment, how I intend to pay the balance and miscellaneous expenses
9. Offer letter and LOA, School fee part payment receipt, scholarship receipt,
10. Work ID, appointment and promotion letters, past employment letters, transfer letter, recommendation letter and promotion letter
11. 2 References from my mentor and boss, letter showing my office will support me with 1/3 of my salary while away and my job will be waiting for me.

SPOUSE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
1. Letter of explanation as to why I want to accompany my husband to Canada
2. CAC documents and award letters , completed and uncompleted projects
3. Passport data page
4. Travel history, family pictures
5. Marriage certificate and change of name
6. Letter of introduction, introducing me as the sole proprietor of my company
7. CV
8. Flight book on-hold, hotel booked on-hold

My husband is the principal applicant but I did the applicant on our behalf.

NB; ALL DOCUMENTS WERE MERGED IN ONE SINGLE APPLICATION. NO WEB FORM RAISED

I wish us all the best!

Glory to God.

The rain just started.

Big congratulations dear.

I will return with my testimony.

July 13th applicant.

Kindly give us more detailed timeline @realmummy

[/quote]

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2022
Ayonz:
I secured an Mpower loan of USD 50,000 for MEng Software Engr degree i.e CAD 65,000. Tuition CAD 44,000 & Living expense/accomodations CAD 21,000.
Personal savings of N1.5 million and personal land asset Ibeju lekki. No additional sponsors. I currently earn in Naira abt 500k. I applied May 12. My original plan was to to get a job in Canada then initiate PR (I didn't say this to them, I told them in my SOP that I wld secure a job as Software jobs are in high demand) or at worst a job in Europe to repay the loan, . Tho I currently work remotely with a Nigerian company. In eventuality of me coming to Nigeria I wld probably use my current salary to repay the loan

Dear Ayonz, I think the issue is in your SOP write up, when you reapply you should focus on telling them that you are coming back to your job Nigeria or other higher prospects in Nigeria that will be used to repay the loan, everything should be tailored towards the fact that you are coming back to Nigeria, not even Europe. The bolded should not come up again, just push the narrative that you are coming back to Nigeria. I will also advise before you reapply get your GCMS notes to know their thoughts.

All the best

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 12:35am On Sep 13, 2022
Hi,

The person can get a letter from the school stating the amount of funding awarded. That letter can be submitted as an additonal proof of fund.

chuksinfotech:
@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1

Please when someone gets funding from a school and the funding is in the person's school account.

How can they declare it as additional funding after submitting SP application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:13am On Sep 13, 2022
Nairalandboss:
The bolded shows you no nothing about what you're talking about. You got one but I got 3, so guess who knows better. And I doubt you are here. Are you even in Canada?

Guys guys!!! This ain't necessary you know. I was trying to pass it but couldn't. Just say let me drop some reply. We don't need to be attacking each other or feel we are above anyone here. Again for the fact that you got 3 and she got 1 doesn't mean the other is better off. No. So lets stop all this I pass my neighbour here and focus on what we are here for. To help each other navigate the rigorous nature of Canadian study visa route. This process isn't easy at all. It can be mentally draining.

Lets learn to tolerate one another even when the other person says hurtful words. It can be hard to hold back but then, we are all here to help. Even the Canada you're referring to, is not this one tax is killing everybody? You will give black man, Asian man, white man, aboriginal, American man 100$, he will be thanking you and jumping up like you saved him from huge thing. A Canada where most people are living more or less living on mortgage. Yes is far better than Nigeria a million times but then.

So please let's be calming down and help each other get through their visa process.

Thank you all.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 1:54am On Sep 13, 2022
skentelelady:
Good evening house and all the gurus

I studied Agric sci. Had over 10 yrs working experience in office management. i graduated with 3rd class so getting schools that would accept my degree for PGD or cert is very rare. I actually got one that said they would accept me but with good LOI but in Ontario. Others said i could be accepted into Post secondary degree

I realized Ontario schools are way above my budget. I have like 15m presently as self sponsor. I have an under 12 child who will be joining me.

I presently am into agro allied business which i have been running for like 2yrs. Company is registered with CAC and i am the sole owner . Of recent i have started exporting to 3 different continents. My plan is to go in for International or Global Business management for 1 or 2 yrs.

NSCC told me to apply but their program in International Business is Post secondary.

I have 2 colleges from Quebec which is career program but it is AEC (Attestation of college Studies). Actually i like the Quebec offers due to the bilingual study both in Business French and Business English which are part of the courses i will do coupled with other European languages in the province which will be an added advantage as an aspired international trader.

Please kindly advise based on my class of degree and the certification/program i should go for.

My plan is for Fall 2023

Thank you

@makano
@Charitojames
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1

Hello Skentelelady,

Now for choosing a course to study, you must prove to the VO that the course you want to read is either an academic progression or career career progression. And again, the level of course isn't solely (if below what you already have) a red flag so long as you convince the VO beyond that why you're going for such course. What that means is that you can go for a course below your degree and still get your approval. Now, academic wise, it is agriculture related course. Career wise, it is office Management. Also, you have a business. Now as it is years you have left School, your best line is to go for a career progressive course. In that case, the business related course you want to go for is ok.

Now the concern is, you're finding it hard to get a PGD, which would have been the best option above advanced diploma or ordinary diploma. Now having 3rd class, I would advise that you just don't take it based on what mouth has said as I have seen 3rd class with good vast experience get PGD. But if you didn't get an offer for a PGD course, you can use that to your advantage to apply for study permit using advanced diploma. How do I mean?

Now, we have come to realize that with proper explanations and proof of fact, study permit can easily be gotten, with touch of God's grace even by going for a course lower than what you have. Is so sad that recently, applicants finds it hard to share timelines and teach others what they did differently so others can learn. Even then they do share timelines, they do is haphazardly as if not really intended to do it but doing it to avoid being called out.

Someone with your same case just got permit and up until now, hasn't even come to say he got PPR. I guess is all he was after. Now what I told him to do is this, apply for both PGD and advanced Diploma, if you get rejections from the PGD, you will use it in your favor. Again, that it worked for him( even though we don't know if that played a role), but is good to be creative in your application. Now, to explain in the purpose of visit why the course and level of course, we sighted the reason you stated about being 3rd class, Advanced Diploma was the right level of course as colleges didn't accept accepting him. He attached screenshots of the rejection letter. But note, it doesn't just end there when you're trying to explain your purpose of study. You also need to link the course to your career and how it can uplift your career. Make reference to the course being taught in the program and how it will boast your business.

So in summary, give it a try in applying to both PGD and Advanced Diploma. Which ever that comes through for you, use it and get your visa. It is not a red flag to go for an ordinary diploma or Advanced Diploma when you already have a degree.

Sorry for the long epistle, had to write it cos I don't knw when next I will be here to follow up.

Sorry for any typo error you may notice. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 2:01am On Sep 13, 2022
chuksinfotech:
@makano
@bullstriker
@ketima
@lekiboboe
@technix
@Anon123
@Gigdraft
@JustMellow
@frankrobbn1

Please when someone gets funding from a school and the funding is in the person's school account.

How can they declare it as additional funding after submitting SP application?

Hello Chuksinfotech,

Whenever someone secures a funding or scholarship, first admission letter will be sent, then followed by funding letter. That funding letter is what you will attach to your application as a proof that your have funding to take care of your studies ( depending if it is full or partial funding). But that's for my school though. So if you don't have such letter yet, inquire from your school about it to find out if they give sperate letter of funding. Also, if said funding is showing in your student account page, you may need to screenshot it as well and attach to your application

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Redemption77: 3:28am On Sep 13, 2022
Good day/night to everyone..
Please, I have done my biometrics since 1st of this very month of September, but no news yet. Please advise me, thank you..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by xxsandyxx: 3:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Good morning gurus please I need your urgent help. Please what does the information below about my application mean :
Eligibility assessments – additional verifications are needed based on the parents – this is what is causing such a delay, since there is no longer any processing time.
Medicals in progress
Office hasn’t requested it yet
Criminality assessment for father has passed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by llionaire(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2022
Hi guys, this is urgent please. For those that have traveled, I'm going with dried fish, powdered milk and some food spices. What should my answers be?

1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 7:33am On Sep 13, 2022
Good morning everyone, after I received a ghost update yesterday. bvl dropped grin.
And with wat I've seen on this platform it means PPR is next.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 7:35am On Sep 13, 2022
Iamgrac:
Good morning everyone, after I received a ghost update yesterday. bvl dropped grin.

Congrats in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Quiver: 7:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Iamgrac:

After all the plenty emails why bvl no go drop? I like your style of 5 emails per day, let me follow suit. Congrats in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:42am On Sep 13, 2022
So the emails worked! Congratulations in advance!

Iamgrac:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Treasure134: 7:52am On Sep 13, 2022
Good morning guys
Been a while here

@CharitoJames I want to say thank you for everything you doing, I can't wait for your PPR testimony to land oh
As I'm always here rooting for you
Grace and mercy will settle it for you and everyone still hoping in God

Good news I think we are both in the same province

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 8:06am On Sep 13, 2022
Congratulations brother.
God is too faithful.

Iamgrac:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Justmercy04: 8:08am On Sep 13, 2022
Iamgrac:

CONGRATULATIONS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by FaithCanny: 8:15am On Sep 13, 2022
I have seen what the Lord has done!!! He has shown me mercy!

Its PPR!!!

It is God all the way. Please I will write out my timeline because its my second application.

40 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 8:32am On Sep 13, 2022
Ketima:

Hello Skentelelady,

Now for choosing a course to study, you must prove to the VO that the course you want to read is either an academic progression or career career progression. And again, the level of course isn't solely (if below what you already have) a red flag so long as you convince the VO beyond that why you're going for such course. What that means is that you can go for a course below your degree and still get your approval. Now, academic wise, it is agriculture related course. Career wise, it is office Management. Also, you have a business. Now as it is years you have left School, your best line is to go for a career progressive course. In that case, the business related course you want to go for is ok.

Now the concern is, you're finding it hard to get a PGD, which would have been the best option above advanced diploma or ordinary diploma. Now having 3rd class, I would advise that you just don't take it based on what mouth has said as I have seen 3rd class with good vast experience get PGD. But if you didn't get an offer for a PGD course, you can use that to your advantage to apply for study permit using advanced diploma. How do I mean?

Now, we have come to realize that with proper explanations and proof of fact, study permit can easily be gotten, with touch of God's grace even by going for a course lower than what you have. Is so sad that recently, applicants finds it hard to share timelines and teach others what they did differently so others can learn. Even then they do share timelines, they do is haphazardly as if not really intended to do it but doing it to avoid being called out.

Someone with your same case just got permit and up until now, hasn't even come to say he got PPR. I guess is all he was after. Now what I told him to do is this, apply for both PGD and advanced Diploma, if you get rejections from the PGD, you will use it in your favor. Again, that it worked for him( even though we don't know if that played a role), but is good to be creative in your application. Now, to explain in the purpose of visit why the course and level of course, we sighted the reason you stated about being 3rd class, Advanced Diploma was the right level of course as colleges didn't accept accepting him. He attached screenshots of the rejection letter. But note, it doesn't just end there when you're trying to explain your purpose of study. You also need to link the course to your career and how it can uplift your career. Make reference to the course being taught in the program and how it will boast your business.

So in summary, give it a try in applying to both PGD and Advanced Diploma. Which ever that comes through for you, use it and get your visa. It is not a red flag to go for an ordinary diploma or Advanced Diploma when you already have a degree.

Sorry for the long epistle, had to write it cos I don't knw when next I will be here to follow up.

Sorry for any typo error you may notice. All the best.

Thank you so much for your long well explained epistle. I really appreciate

I am not giving up based on what mouth has said. I contacted various schools in order to narrow down my search.
Yes my proposed program is a career progression to my present which it is related to my academic course.

I hope to apply to like 3 ot 4 schools and hope for the best.

Please can I pm you to guide through this process?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2022
FaithCanny:

Its PPR!!!

It is God all the way. Please I will write out my timeline because its my second application.
Congrats

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2022
FaithCanny:

Its PPR!!!

Congratulations ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2022
We are now where we ought to be.
What God cannot do does not exist
#NSPPD #7amFirePrayers

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 8:50am On Sep 13, 2022
Congratulations Faith.

Indeed the Lord remains faithful.

Glory to God.

FaithCanny:

Its PPR!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iamgrac: 8:54am On Sep 13, 2022
Thank you very much,
Y'all are keeping my hopes up, I just pray it's ppr next.
Justmercy04:

CONGRATULATIONS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2022
llionaire:
Hi guys, this is urgent please. For those that have traveled, I'm going with dried fish, powdered milk and some food spices. What should my answers be?

Powdered milk isn’t allowed. Are you aware?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2022
Iamgrac:

Yes BVL drops for every Approval or Refusal but I don’t wish the later for you. Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nairalandboss: 9:00am On Sep 13, 2022
Ketima:

Guys guys!!! This ain't necessary you know. I was trying to pass it but couldn't. Just say let me drop some reply. We don't need to be attacking each other or feel we are above anyone here. Again for the fact that you got 3 and she got 1 doesn't mean the other is better off. No. So lets stop all this I pass my neighbour here and focus on what we are here for. To help each other navigate the rigorous nature of Canadian study visa route. This process isn't easy at all. It can be mentally draining.

Lets learn to tolerate one another even when the other person says hurtful words. It can be hard to hold back but then, we are all here to help. Even the Canada you're referring to, is not this one tax is killing everybody? You will give black man, Asian man, white man, aboriginal, American man 100$, he will be thanking you and jumping up like you saved him from huge thing. A Canada where most people are living more or less living on mortgage. Yes is far better than Nigeria a million times but then.

So please let's be calming down and help each other get through their visa process.

Thank you all.
You would have made a sensible point if you had not added the bolded. That woman mentioned she is a PhD student 2 times before I made that statement. So, I am not the right person to quote. There are people that got more than 3. And of course, I am better off except she has 4 publications, conferences - national and international publications and recommendations before she applied. I don't believe in luck. I worked for where I am today so I might actually be better off. And that does not mean I am one of the top 10 in my set. Meaning there are a lot of people better than me. So next time, just let a solved matter remain solved. Don't wake up a solved matter claiming you could not overlook it. It is childlike!

And Canada is so so sweet guys, especially when you are on scholarship. So guys, COME TO CANADA....... Nothing about this again please

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2022
FaithCanny:

Its PPR!!!

Congratulations, waiting for your timeline

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 9:00am On Sep 13, 2022
Treasure134:
Good morning guys
Been a while here

@CharitoJames I want to say thank you for everything you doing, I can't wait for your PPR testimony to land oh
As I'm always here rooting for you
Grace and mercy will settle it for you and everyone still hoping in God

Good news I think we are both in the same province

Amen oh!!! Thanks a lot… from your lips to God’s ears oh… I myself cannot wait! In fact, make God help me make i no enter person relationship that day out of Joy. Same province? Wow!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.