Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1237215 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
MyVc:

Alright, thanks.

Please, I intend to apply for Software Engineering Technology. It's a 3-year course with an optional Co-op.

Please, I will like to ask; how demanding are Software Engineers in Canada.

Secondly, how much Proof of Funds should one have before getting the Canadian Student Visa approved?

Thirdly, please will one show the total Tuition and axillary fees for the three-year program including the living expenses at once in the Proof of Funds before getting Visa approval?

Lastly; please what's the estimated budgetary forecast that one should have for the program?

The Tuition and axillary fees are about 16.2k CAD per session.

Thanks.
Hi

IT is in demand from my personal research just as health care related programs. Not saying other courses/programs are not in demand.

The idea of POF is almost unexplainable considering the high rate of refusals with reasons like [/b]it's not a reasonable expense, insufficient finance, not certain funds are readily available etc[b], However, I feel like there are factors that suggests these feedbacks.
Now the minimum POF required is CAD10,000 for 1yr, this as written on the IRCC site is for living expenses tuition costs not inclusive. What this means is that you will have to show POF that can cover your tuition and living expenses. Here is where it becomes a bit weird to understand, your program is for 3 yrs so this means you will need to show POF that should reasonably cover your tuition fees and Living expenses for three years and while providing the POF it should not look as though you will go broke or exhaust your finances just cos you want to study in Canada. If you're using a third party sponsor for instance then their ability to take care of themselves while sponsoring you would also be considered, I mean you wouldn't be expected to leave them dry because they are sponsoring you I.e If they have a family and personal obligations while sponsoring you. - in summary, your POF should show that you're merely spending funds that wouldn't cause you or your sponsor to go bankrupt.

With these I'm sure you have an idea how much you need. Add your tuition cost to your living expenses, multiply it by 3 yrs, add miscellaneous cost like flight tickets to it and there's your estimate.

Don't forget, the VO that would be incharge of your application may not the this thorough, however, don't underestimate their review when considering your eligibility. In all package your best application and submit.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Creativebelle:
It's the way those Indians and Filipinos are rushing you for me...

Saw you on Quora and I was like wow wow..

Biko,the thread still need your expertise and Frank's...

It's been a long time coming..

Hello Creativebelle,

Your good words are truly flattering and highly appreciated too.

Cheers and One Love!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hdior(f): 7:13pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Hdior, congratulations, firstly inform the school of your approval, they will either allow you start this term of ask you to do a deferral to another term. Secondly the passport request for your child will come but you might need to send webform and email to remind them.

Please try and share your timeline and documents submitted.

Thank you, will do so.

Timeline:
Got admission late last year.
Submitted my Visa application last week in January for study permit and visitor's visa for my child. Got mail for biometrics same week which I did. Then the longwait started. Three months down the line, nothing. Sent several follow-up mails and I just kept getting same response, my application was being worked on.
Then today got passport request out of the blues for mine, nothing yet for my child.

Documents submitted:

Admission letter
POF
SOP
Employment letter
Promotion letters at work place
Landed property document
Child's birth certificate
Death certificate of spouse(I am a widow)
Biodata pages of our passports
Academic certificates and transcripts

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skentelelady(f): 7:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
hdior:

Thank you, will do so.

Timeline:
Submitted my Visa application last week in January for study permit and visitor's visa for my child. Got mail for biometrics same week which I did. Then the longwait started. Three months down the line, nothing. Sent several follow-up mails and I just kept getting same response, my application was being worked on.
Then today got passport request out of the blues for mine, nothing yet for my child.

Documents submitted:

Admission letter
POF
SOP
Employment letter
Landed property document

Whats the duration of your program? Can you please share hiw much you presented as PoF that covered for you and your son fir the duration of your study?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawlah19: 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
[quote author=hdior post=117242403]
Just that? You’re lucky oh! Definitely your sons ppr is on the way and I’m so sorry about your husband!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 7:50pm On Oct 03, 2022
Congratulations man
Mine is next in Jesus name

Xclusiveman:
PPR Alert!!

Guys, God has done it for me and my family.
I woke up this morning to a message from IRCC and with shivers down my spine, I paced around with my PC on my hand while I check for the 3 of us. And guess what? My study Visa application has been approved, work permit for my wife and visitor’s visa for my daughter.

First time applicant
Did my application myself
Nairaland helped me! Although I wish I read Nairaland before submitting. I thought I made mistakes.

Documents submitted;

*Admission letter from the University of Alberta (MBA)
*6paged SOP for me and 2paged SOP for my wife
* marriage certificate
*My Child’s birth certificate
*CAC documents (For myself and my wife’s businesses)
*Proof of funds
- 16M balance
- 110M transaction volume
- 2M+ from my wife’s account
extra 2M+ for my wife and daughter’s upkeep when they return to Nigeria
- 3months Proof of salary payment to my employees

*Travel history
- Dubai- Stamped passport page

*Education
Bsc certificate (for myself and my wife)
Nysc discharge certificate (for myself and my wife)
GMAT score (640)

*Home ties
-Land deed of assignment
-Property valuation document of about 52M+ (A house and 2 cars)
-Street named after me with receipt from local government
-Letter from the Landlord Association of my street
-Recent PHCN bill

*other documents
-Police character certificate

*Pictures
-pictures of myself and my wife in Dubai
-wedding pictures
- pictures with family members
-Pictures from my child’s naming ceremony
-Random pictures in our compound

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2022
7COLOURS:

1st application and I pray I don't have reason to reapply

I did not do anything o

I was happy when eligibility started in July thinking ppr will drop fast but it's now more than 2 months yet no ppr.

Oh boy... so eligibility starting early doesn't mean that PPR comes early...

I pray you won't have a reason to reapply too

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
CharitoJames:

I don’t understand… read well jareh! Was only teasing myself that my name is in red. Lol. I said “Charito, see your name for red”. Wish you rejection maka why?

Yeah, Bobomaigida explained. You quoted me so I thought you were talking to me at first.

Anyway, I deleted your timeline in case it's a painful reminder for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by XtyOgor4g: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pls how long does it take for stamped visa through VFS lagos to be delivered back from DHL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojukwudfugitive: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
Pls folks, I need the emails of British Columbia MPs. My school resumed today and the deadline for resumption is 3 weeks time.
I need to start mailing them as responses to webform requests have been zero.
Thank you for this urgent assistance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

That is not the point read the message well he was asking if he needs to update IRCc and I am telling him the consequences of not doing so a friend of mine got her visa deactivated and was asked for a new admission letter
Oh I got it...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
CharitoJames:

Congratulations to you and yours
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WiZiggy: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Kindly reply to this to add or update yours.

Application date:
Eligibility start date:
Approval/Refusal date:

Thanks

upfront medicals 18th may
Application submitted 6th June
Biometrics 9th June
Medical passed July 4th
Eligibility started July 21st

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olashile147: 8:37pm On Oct 03, 2022
femo86:
Please house, if one is applying to several universities and they all demand an official transcript sealed from my Nigerian university to be sent to each of them.

What can one do?

Just imagine applying to 5 universities, and the cost of sending to each university is about 80k

You make use of your student copy with most application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by femmybet(f): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2022
Congrats dear
May maple land favour you
Mine is next in Jesus name

hdior:

Thank you, will do so.

Timeline:

Documents submitted:

Admission letter
POF
SOP
Employment letter
Landed property document

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 123456D(f): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Application date: 30/08/2022
Upfront Medical: 08/09/2022
Biometrics: 09/09/2022
Eligibility Not started

Thanks
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2022
@olokings

You are adding your quota to reviving this thread....May God answer your heart desires.Please don't relent.May I also thank others for also contributing POSITIVELY......I trust that this thread will definitely come back to shape again.

olokings:
Continuation of Putting it Out There..... fall out of discuss with applicant

Learning from visa refusal incident

Case study. Applicant anonymous

Visa decision: Refusal on the bases on no assets, financial funds insufficient
Applicant Profile: application packaged and filed by an agent
• Program applied for: Diploma in Business Administration
• Institution: College
• Previous educational background: BSc in Tourism & Hospitality Mgt. acquired in 2018
• Employment history: NYCS, and self employed entrepreneur (shop owner)
• Owns a fabric & clothing business for which taxes are paid & receipts evidence of transactions are available
• Sponsorship – family: uncle with over USD$21,000.00 as closing balance, SOA (MBS) submitted + affidavit of support
o Apparently Sponsor withdrew funds from account couple of days before decision was made
• Tuition Deposit: CAD$750.00 made by applicant’s spouse from spouse’s account
• Assets: no owned assets
• SOP drafted + applicants personal SOA submitted

Applicants Positio[/b]n:
• Refiring strategy: looking forward to reapplying with self & mother as co-sponsor

[b]Assessment

• course of proposed study aligns with undergrad credential & justified given applicant is an entrepreneur, however there is no demonstrable career progress given applicant is pursuing a diploma in business administration when prior credential well aligned with Biz. Admin (all social sciences).
Issue: spouse paid applicant’s tuition deposit. This does not demonstrate commitment from supposed sponsor as presented by applicant.
• Agent should have advised applicant against submitted visa package with this profile. This goes to buttress the point that majority of agent out there are mostly not committed to applicants success, as it is simply business for them. Collect deposits, and leave you to your luck.
• Furthermore, inattentive agents may miss little loop holes and grey areas in you application which if you reviewed your submission yourself with enough information, you would have spotted and rectified.

Recommendation:
• The application can be repackaged and submitted with opportunity for success if issues are clearly addressed in the future.
• Sponsor should have paid initial study deposit (at least 1 session or 2 semesters) to demonstrate commitment and transfer Cost of Living Expense to applicants account. Another strategy is, sponsor transfers tuition to applicants account and payment is made by self with receipted evidences.
• Submit evidence to support relationship between applicant and sponsor as well as previous instance of support / obligations between sponsor and applicant
• Address any lump sums in sponsors account to demonstrate source of funds

Caveat: ayam not an agent, nor guru, nor SOP writter / reviewer. I simply evaluated the applicant's profile and strategy for success.
If you engage me privately, i will still summarise our discuss and bring it out here for learning opportunities. we must boost our PPR success rate and success factors should be open source information.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2022
@olokings

You are adding your quota to reviving this thread....May God answer your heart desires.Please don't relent.May I also thank others for also contributing POSITIVELY......I trust that this thread will definitely come back to shape again.

olokings:
Continuation of Putting it Out There..... fall out of discuss with applicant

• Previous educational background: BSc in Tourism & Hospitality Mgt. acquired in 2018
• Owns a fabric & clothing business for which taxes are paid & receipts evidence of transactions are available
• Sponsorship – family: uncle with over USD$21,000.00 as closing balance, SOA (MBS) submitted + affidavit of support
o Apparently Sponsor withdrew funds from account couple of days before decision was made

Applicants Positio[/b]n:
• Refiring strategy: looking forward to reapplying with self & mother as co-sponsor

[b]Assessment

• course of proposed study aligns with undergrad credential & justified given applicant is an entrepreneur, however there is no demonstrable career progress given applicant is pursuing a diploma in business administration when prior credential well aligned with Biz. Admin (all social sciences).
Issu

Applicants Positio[/b]n:

[b]Assessment

• [color=#990000][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Issue: spouse paid applicant’s tuition deposit. This does not demonstrate commitment from supposed sponsor as presented by applicant.

• Agent should have advised applicant against submitted visa package with this profile. This goes to buttress the point that majority of agent out there are mostly not committed to applicants success, as it is simply business for them. Collect deposits, and leave you to your luck.
• Furthermore, inattentive agents may miss little loop holes and grey areas in you application which if you reviewed your submission yourself with enough information, you would have spotted and rectified.

Recommendation:
• The application can be repackaged and submitted with opportunity for success if issues are clearly addressed in the future.
• Sponsor should have paid initial study deposit (at least 1 session or 2 semesters) to demonstrate commitment and transfer Cost of Living Expense to applicants account. Another strategy is, sponsor transfers tuition to applicants account and payment is made by self with receipted evidences.
• Submit evidence to support relationship between applicant and sponsor as well as previous instance of support / obligations between sponsor and applicant
• Address any lump sums in sponsors account to demonstrate source of funds

Caveat: ayam not an agent, nor guru, nor SOP writter / reviewer. I simply evaluated the applicant's profile and strategy for success.
If you engage me privately, i will still summarise our discuss and bring it out here for learning opportunities. we must boost our PPR success rate and success factors should be open source information.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Laborah(f): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ladielarrie1:
Please What about your eligibility review

It started on 28 September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2022
I learnt Canada does not need Covid Vaccination again from travellers coming into Canada. please how true is this? @Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Makano @bullstriker and others that have landed in Canada recently.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2022
You need to inform IRCC to update your records. You don't need to wait for final decision. You can do that by raising a webform.

Timeline to travel upon approval is one month to school resumption date to avoid issues at your Point of Entry (POE). Do not travel earlier than that.

Chymallchamps:
Hello guys,
I have just been sent my new LOA from my school. It is till September 2023. I want to ask again, is there any need to inform IRCC or I wait till my application is approved. If approved, does it expire or is there a timeline for me to travel.

June 18th applicant.
Eligibility started 9th September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Oh boy... so eligibility starting early doesn't mean that PPR comes early...

I pray you won't have a reason to reapply too

Amen oooo

Eligibility did not start for my colleagues that got ppr. They said if it starts means the application will take time.

I don't know how true this is anyway.

I don tire sef lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2022
Cadygosh:
I learnt Canada does not need Covid Vaccination again from travellers coming into Canada. please how true is this? @Frankrobbn1 @Justmellow @Makano @bullstriker and others that have landed in Canada recently.

Starting October 1, 2022, all COVID-19 border requirements, including vaccination, mandatory use of ArriveCAN, and any testing and quarantine/isolation requirements will end for all travellers entering Canada whether by land, air or sea.

Kindly see the source from IRCC website.

It will end in praise

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankrobbn1: 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Cadygosh:
Yes, Frank is also back.. grin grin

Our gurus are gradually coming back.. Makano where are you oo..

My efforts are not in vain... grin grin Good to have u back Frank..

Thank you for your kind gesture, I admire your dignity as a person. My best wishes are with you.

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by shebaa(f): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2022
I am also interested in this. Any help from the experts?
Bambi222:
good day everyone,
Please i'll like to know if there is a particular format for writing the Canadian visa SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hdior(f): 10:55pm On Oct 03, 2022
hdior:

Thank you, will do so.

Timeline:

Documents submitted:

Admission letter
POF
SOP
Employment letter
Landed property document

Please I am worried that I did not get passport request for my Child's application. I submitted visitor's visa for him while mine was study permit. Hope that was right. Also how do I send my passport for stamping? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cadygosh: 10:59pm On Oct 03, 2022
You welcome boss, I always stand for the truth and do not hate people cos of envy..Good to have you active here once again and I hope it continues..
Na only Makano we never see ein red light oo.. abi Oga don vex ni.. grin
Frankrobbn1:

Thank you for your kind gesture, I admire your dignity as a person. My best wishes are with you.

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:12am On Oct 04, 2022
Here it is again

Hope i wont cause problems with this....
however here goes...

As a follow up with putting it out there and a few case studies...

This is a draft case submission for a family of 6 travelling with a successful decision from IRCC in august. application was processed in exactly 16 weeks.

find attached files for your utility.

reference my earlier posts for further details.

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:12am On Oct 04, 2022
Family Tree and proof of relationship template

find attached.

olokings:
Hope i wont cause problems with this....
however here goes...

As a follow up with putting it out there and a few case studies...

This is a draft case submission for a family of 6 travelling with a successful decision from IRCC in august. application was processed in exactly 16 weeks.

find attached files for your utility.

reference my earlier posts for further details.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2022
that is all folks...

till further notice, energy is spent...

main / primary applicant's SOP to be revised and uploaded at a future date... the back alread hurts

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MyVc: 12:25am On Oct 04, 2022
johnstan:

Hi

IT is in demand from my personal research just as health care related programs. Not saying other courses/programs are not in demand.

The idea of POF is almost unexplainable considering the high rate of refusals with reasons like [/b]it's not a reasonable expense, insufficient finance, not certain funds are readily available etc[b], However, I feel like there are factors that suggests these feedbacks.
Now the minimum POF required is CAD10,000 for 1yr, this as written on the IRCC site is for living expenses tuition costs not inclusive. What this means is that you will have to show POF that can cover your tuition and living expenses. Here is where it becomes a bit weird to understand, your program is for 3 yrs so this means you will need to show POF that should reasonably cover your tuition fees and Living expenses for three years and while providing the POF it should not look as though you will go broke or exhaust your finances just cos you want to study in Canada. If you're using a third party sponsor for instance then their ability to take care of themselves while sponsoring you would also be considered, I mean you wouldn't be expected to leave them dry because they are sponsoring you I.e If they have a family and personal obligations while sponsoring you. - in summary, your POF should show that you're merely spending funds that wouldn't cause you or your sponsor to go bankrupt.

With these I'm sure you have an idea how much you need. Add your tuition cost to your living expenses, multiply it by 3 yrs, add miscellaneous cost like flight tickets to it and there's your estimate.

Don't forget, the VO that would be incharge of your application may not the this thorough, however, don't underestimate their review when considering your eligibility. In all package your best application and submit.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for this great feedback.

Please, if one does a 1-year program; how long is the Postgraduate Work Permit?

Please, can one get permanent residency with a 1-year program?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sylvester4040: 12:30am On Oct 04, 2022
Thank you very much
odii:

I submitted to VFS Lagos and it took approximately 2 weeks. September 19 to September 30.

Don't worry it's a question of time you will get it back this week.

Cheer up!

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.