Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,191 members, 7,829,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1238224 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:26pm On Oct 03, 2022
Predator188:
I had to force decision out from ircc after receiving correspondence/Bvl

passport request for my wife
application after 12 months of visa application and I am the financial sponsor of this application..

Ppr received after sending webform to Nairobi and i have confirmed this from the webform email from Nairobi

Application type: study +sowp...
Bvl/correspondence:26 July
Ppr 8 September 2022
Application submitted:11 September 2021

Study permit: ppr
Eligibility review: November 2021

Sowp: pending release of ppr
Eligibility review: feb 2022

However Ircc is witholding my spouse open work permit ppr, now i have to start sending another webform to Nairobi for my sowp application ppr release..
No webform was sent after bvl for release of decision for sowp application

No additional information or documents was also requested by ircc in regards to this application within 12 months of processing..

Documents submitted coming soon!

Today ircc have released my sowp application approval after response from webform within 3 weeks of enquiry..

Documents submitted

study permit

Letter of acceptance
SOP
Letter of introduction from work
8 months Personal bank statement (8 pages of transaction )200k
Police certificate
Birth attestation
Marriage certificate
Parents information details only..

Me as the Main Sponsor documents and proof of funds for Tuition + maintenance of 14000cad
Cac registration documents
6 months Personal bank statements (5 pages of transaction) 15m
Notarized Letter of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of introduction
Passport ID data page..
Attestation of birth

Second sponsor parent or spouse; mother in law........Documents
4 months Bank statements from England.
Property documents in nigeria.
British passport data page
Letter of sponsorship to provide only 10000Cad to maintain student only per yr and introduction of spouse and son

sowp application all sponsorship documents attached @ client information section of sowp application
Other documents includes:

Bachelor's degree certificates
Travel history: previous visits to uk with multiple entry within 5 years..and previous passport renewal in UK..
Father's British passport bio data page..
Siblings birth certificates
Police certificate

Documents submitted @Purpose of Travel -section of GCKey
My Statement of purpose
Spouse statements of purpose
Marriage certificate
Spouse passport bio data page

No 3rd party assist was used in this application

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
I will suggest you channel your energy on your IT...this will sell you more that the lounges.

Also wait for more input from others!

eddykelechianya:
Please I have some questions.
I finished my bsc in 2017. I studied information Technology.
but right now I have 2 lounges. but I want to go back to my IT sector.
will this be a problem please? since my business is different from my undergraduate course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Yea i applied on 17th June did biometric on 27th June upfront medicals 13th September Eligibility 27th September and Got rejected today 3rd Oct.
Yea i was Denied after all the sacrifices I’ve made, well if it’s God’s will, all thanks to him.
Documents I submitted are, my admission letter, international passport, birth certificate, proof of funds of my Aunty who is my sponsor, business registration certificate of the bank account owner (business account) Available balance 14.6m total credit 421m closing balance 20m, waec result, statement of purpose of studying in Canada, letter of sponsorship, primary school certificate and police report.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

In most cases, IRCC officials might not ask for it. Only on a few occasions, would they request for updated LOA. Some visa officers can approve a visa when the program start date has elapsed.

It will end in praise
They will but most times they assume a deferral date within the timeline of 150 days to be on the safe side it is better to update your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by eddykelechianya: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2022
Thank you for your reply.
I am just thinking of how to relate both of them on my SOP.

Joedave25:
I will suggest you channel your energy on your IT...this will sell you more that the lounges.

Also wait for more input from others!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Predator188:

The point was that he can travel by next year
That is not the point read the message well he was asking if he needs to update IRCc and I am telling him the consequences of not doing so a friend of mine got her visa deactivated and was asked for a new admission letter

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
correct me if i am wrong, but is a co-op supposed to be channel to fund your study like scholarship or an opportunity to gain field experience and requisite skills during your study?

Your response to the above will answer your prior question.

Gain expertise but I also want to know the answer to this I have a co op too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Amen2025: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
TOPAI7:
Congratulations

Hi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
MyVc:
Please, if one intends to study a three-year course with a Co-op in Canada

Will the person's Proof of Funds cover the tuition fees and the living expenses for the three years before the Visa approval or will they approve the Visa with Proof of Funds for the first year only.

Since the person will be studying and working.

Thanks.

Co-op is usually for a maximum of 50% of the duration of the course. Is your co-op optional?

There's no guarantee that a student will get a co-op placement, so I think you'll have prove that you can support yourself even if you don't end up getting a co-op placement.

I would like to know what others think about this though.

Based on the trends we've seen here, insufficient financial assets are often the reason for rejection. Even people who have enough for one year have gotten rejected. Just be mindful of this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bambi222:
good day everyone,
Please i'll like to know if there is a particular format for writing the Canadian visa SOP

To add to what others have said, you can Google for SOP samples to get a better idea of the kind of information you need to include.

You can also refer the first page of this thread and you could also use the Nairaland search bar to find SOPs that were posted in previous threads.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2022
Chymallchamps:
Hello guys,
I have just been sent my new LOA from my school. It is till September 2023. I want to ask again, is there any need to inform IRCC or I wait till my application is approved. If approved, does it expire or is there a timeline for me to travel.

June 18th applicant.
Eligibility started 9th September

Since your application is still being processed and your start date is more than 150 days, send them your new LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bbwollex(m): 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
Yes,if you meet thier requirements. Also be truthful when filling the application form. You will be asked if refused before answer correctly with the reason.

DemmyDD:
Please anyone with ideal. Can UK visa be granted if you have been issued with ban in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chymallchamps: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankrobbn1:

In most cases, IRCC officials might not ask for it. Only on a few occasions, would they request for updated LOA. Some visa officers can approve a visa when the program start date has elapsed.

It will end in praise

So you are saying there is no need to inform them of the new LOA.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hi @7COLOURS and @Timex146,

I've noticed that your eligibility review started much sooner. Is there something you did that expedited your application processing? Or is this your second application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Co-op is usually for a maximum of 50% of the duration of the course. Is your co-op optional?

There's no guarantee that a student will get a co-op placement, so I think you'll have prove that you can support yourself even if you don't end up getting a co-op placement.

I would like to know what others think about this though.

Based on the trends we've seen here, insufficient financial assets are often the reason for rejection. Even people who have enough for one year have gotten rejected. Just be mindful of this.
My co op is a necessity for completion of my course and in my application I had a space for evidence of work permit application requirement my school uottawa just told me to upload my letter of acceptance there again to emphasize the co op
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
Do not present your case to the VO like the co-op will fund your study.

At best, it should fund miscelenous after living expense is well taken care of.

Frankielilbaby:

Gain expertise but I also want to know the answer to this I have a co op too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2022
Please how can i order for a GCMS form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2022
Chymallchamps:

So you are saying there is no need to inform them of the new LOA.
Please do just to be on the safe side but a friend of mine did not and she had her visa deactivated for a while anyways nothing serious.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2022
olokings:
Do not present your case to the VO like the co-op will fund your study.

At best, it should fund miscelenous after living expense is well taken care of.

Thanks I did not but it is stated on my LOA that Co op is a necessity for completion of my program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboki1859(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
@Justwise and other guru's who have the experience to answer this question

I applied for a one year master's program in Canada at MUN. Now I have deferred my admission to next intake which is September 2023. Also I have sent a webform for the updated admission letter via webform.
If the VISA application is approved this month what is the implication to this since I will resuming next September.

I will appreciated if this is answered with well detailed explanation.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hdior(f): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hello house, please I need guidance. My programme was supposed to start September UniRegina, but I did not get response to my VISA application despite starting my application on time and following up. Today I just got Original passport request. What do I do since I have not registered for the course and school has already started. Also there was no request for my son's passport and he is supposed to come with me. Please advise.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Popson09: 6:28pm On Oct 03, 2022
hdior:
Hello house, please I need guidance. My programme was supposed to start September UniRegina, but I did not get response to my VISA application despite starting my application on time and following up. Today I just got Original passport request. What do I do since I have not registered for the course and school has already started. Also there was no request for my son's passport and he is supposed to come with me. Please advise.

Please, share your timeline with us
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Timex146: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2022
Hi
This is my second application

bepositive11:

I've noticed that your eligibility review started much sooner. Is there something you did that expedited your application processing? Or is this your second application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:34pm On Oct 03, 2022
Frankielilbaby:

My co op is a necessity for completion of my course and in my application I had a space for evidence of work permit application requirement my school uottawa just told me to upload my letter of acceptance there again to emphasize the co op

Yeah, co op is optional for some programs but mandatory for some.

Regardless, there's no guarantee that a student will get a placement. And if that happens when co-op is mandatory, they won't be able to graduate.

I think it's best to plan ahead and start searching early. I also don't think it's a good idea to use co-op as POF because you're admitting that your financial assets are insufficient -- a common reason for rejection here.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
Timex146:
Hi
This is my second application

Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

Wow. Wishing me rejection? I hope you find light

I don’t understand… read well jareh! Was only teasing myself that my name is in red. Lol. I said “Charito, see your name for red”. Wish you rejection maka why?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Nooooo, she made a self-deprecating comment, it was not referring to you at all.

Thanks… i was teasing myself. Not sure she read well
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2022
bepositive11:

1st application and I pray I don't have reason to reapply

I did not do anything o

I was happy when eligibility started in July thinking ppr will drop fast but it's now more than 2 months yet no ppr.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
Predator188:

Today ircc have released my sowp application approval after response from webform within 3 weeks of enquiry..

Documents submitted

study permit

Letter of acceptance
SOP
Letter of introduction from work
8 months Personal bank statement (8 pages of transaction )200k
Nursing certificates
Police certificate
Birth attestation
Marriage certificate
Parents information details only..

Me as the Main Sponsor documents and proof of funds for Tuition + maintenance
Cac registration documents
6 months Personal bank statements (5 pages of transaction) 15m
Notarized Letter of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Letter of introduction
Passport ID data page..
Attestation of birth

Second sponsor parent or spouse; mother in law........
4 months Bank statements from England.
Property documents in nigeria.
British passport data page
Letter of sponsorship to provide only 10000Cad to maintain student only per yr and introduction of spouse and son

sowp application all sponsorship documents attached @ client information section of sowp application
Other documents includes:

Bachelor's degree certificates
Travel history: previous visits to uk with multiple entry within 5 years..and previous passport renewal in UK..
Father's British passport bio data page..
Siblings birth certificates
Police certificate

Documents submitted @Purpose of visit section of GCKey
My Statement of purpose
Spouse statements of purpose
Marriage certificate
Spouse passport bio data page

No 3rd party assist was used in this application

Congratulations to you and yours
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2022
hdior:

Hdior, congratulations, firstly inform the school of your approval, they will either allow you start this term of ask you to do a deferral to another term. Secondly the passport request for your child will come but you might need to send webform and email to remind them.

Please try and share your timeline and documents submitted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 7:03pm On Oct 03, 2022
olutoyiin:

I think that would be a nice idea, but I can also see that our register is growing by each passing minute and I can't really keep up with updating the list lollz plus I fear we might end up cluttering the thread. Do you mind helping in including all others in the register? @ dxclusiveman did a good job in spacing it out nicely as the layout was quite orderly. I was also thinking if we could have 2 lists, one for general applications and the other ranked by eligibility dates. A weekly review at the beginning of the week say Monday would also help us keep track. Thanks and Happy Sunday to you.@justmellow great to have you back @olokings thanks for being so selfless and for advocating for the DIY gang.

Hello Olutoyiin,

You've done well for this. It will be helpful to prospective applicants to have historical knowledge of the SP application processing timelines. It will help them stay patiently calm if their applications begin to tarry. A prospective applicant here can also volunteer to assist you and Bepositive11, to prevent languidness and sustain the culture. Thanks to Dxclusiveman too.

To every other person playing a role to ensure the continuity of the thread, your efforts are commended. No one tree makes a forest or gives it the beauty it deserves. Let's continue to make the thread maintain its greens of prosperity.

One love!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JustMellow: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2022
kennyjoy:

You are completely correct!!! I saw one responding to a moniker question a few weeks ago. I just shake my head and can't respond because Canada study&work has already given most of us a new direction, and everyone is busy right now. This thread is a good source of information, I learned a lot from it during my visa application. Please, Frank, Makano, Justmellow, and Anon123, we need you guys back here coz this immigration game will need up- to-date information.

I wish everyone who is waiting for PPR goodnews soonest, as well as those who have been delayed, please don't give up, repackaged, and refired. This trip to Canada was well worth it.

Best wishes!!!

Hello Kennyjoy,

Good to read from you again here. My best wishes in your endeavours.

One love!

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.