Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220549 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
HELLO HOUSE

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KINDLY ADVISE

I was recently applied for PPR and it was refused based on the discrepancies that arouse from the employment in my previous TRV application not aligning with the employment in the recent PPR application.

So i want to apply for a study permit and I’m trying to corroborate all the error I had made in the past with proper documentation and alignment for all my previous work/activities in the last 10 years.

This is where my SOP and LOE comes in…

ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR AN SOP ADVISOR OR WRITER?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 1:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
johnstan:

With this double task you will mostly likely pay someone to help you out. Why not jump on it and explain the shit out yourself with receipts. If you still insist on contracting someone there are gurus here to help you out.

Good luck.

I can do that but I definitely need someone to review based on my circumstances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by deeteeneey(f): 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
good day everyone,

Is there anyone heading to University of Lethbridge for Spring 2023 (Jan 2023) session?

Also, i would like to findout if there's a whatsapp group for ULeth students

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
I was stuck there as well. Kept rejecting my card

Omnisavage:
Please, for those who have flown Egypt Air recently, how did you guys pay for your ticket?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ojb555666: 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

There was no deportation stamp on my passport but I applied for a police report and it was declined saying I have an immigration ban, so I guess that’s deportation uhn?
UAE do not affix deportation Ban on passports, but it's in their electronic file.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hello guys,

Can someone please help me with the IOM website to book appointment? The one I’m trying to use isn’t going through.

Kindly help a loyal brother.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
Apologies for the lengthy post.

Timeline:
1st time applicant.
Application submitted: April 4th
Biometrics: May 25th
Upfront Medicals: March 16th
Medical passed: April 21st
Eligibility: June 30th
BVL: September 9th, 22nd (got 3 bvls before ppr came)
PPR: September 22nd

Documents submitted
SOP 3pages
International passport (scanned copy)
Letter of acceptance
Police report
Nysc certificate
University Transcript
Waec result

My Salary account SOA
Study leave and letter of introduction from my office
receipt for first semester payment
Sworn affidavit of sponsorship
Letter of sponsorship
Sponsors Retirement letter showing benefits etc
Sponsors 6-month SOA (Did not know about MBS until after I submitted and joined nairaland)
Landed document of sponsor
Birth certificate of Sponsor and my siblings

If you see my timeline, it took me 7weeks and 2 days to give my biometrics. Something people do in 2 days. I got the BIL on April 4th same day I submitted my application. Trying to schedule the appointment became an issue, I was not getting otp to proceed. When I finally did, I don’t know how come o but I had booked for 2 applicants so I was turned back at vfs Lagos since I could not produce the second person.

I sha went back and tried to reschedule but I could not get a date within the 30days. The earliest I got was on the 31st day. I asked someone and he said because there were a few public holidays within that time, vfs will answer me but of course they didn’t.

Then I checked NL and decided to send webforms and emails but I was only getting automated responses. I was searching for anyone with the same expired BIL experience as me to enquire how they solved their issue and I found nothing. I asked for advice on NL and nobody could really help. Most people advised me to withdraw my application and submit a new one which made sense. I finally decided to do that, but I was going to give it one more week.

Then I stumbled upon someone’s post that had an unrelated issue, but he said he emailed Abuja office on Monday 8am and he got a response. That’s how I decided to try that, so I scheduled my email to Abuja for 8am on Monday telling them about my expired BIL. And surprisingly I got a response on Wednesday from Abuja that my new BIL has been approved which was then emailed to me by Thursday of the same week. Just putting this out there in case there’s anyone having the same or similar issue. Cos I met someone the day I was finally successful that had a similar issue, and I told her to do the same. She did and she got a quick response too. And when she was refused for not submitting her LOA, she sent mails to Abuja with proof etc her application was reconsidered and she is now in Canada.

The rest of the story is just the normal tiring wait for ppr; sending emails to mp’s with no response, disturbing IRCC with webforms etc. Although, at some point I was worried cos I had discrepancies in the certificates submitted. Like all my documents have my middle name except my passport and birth certificate. Also, the DOB on my transcript and Waec is wrong and I didn’t submit any affidavit to back it up or give any explanation. Luckily it did not hurt my application.

I am thankful to all those that have been contributing and answering questions on here. And I pray that those waiting will get a favorable response soonest.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good afternoon my people ooh .

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY MP IN REGINA THAT RESPONDS TO MAIL WITHOUT ASKING FOR AN APPOINTMENT.

THANKS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
Congratulations!!! Mine is next in Jesus name

Belxsz:

Timeline:
1st time applicant.
PPR: October 22nd

Documents submitted
SOP 3pages
Letter of acceptance
Police report
Nysc certificate
University Transcript
Waec result

My Salary account SOA
Letter of sponsorship
Sponsors 6-month SOA (Did not know about MBS until after I submitted and joined nairaland)

If you see my timeline, it took me 7weeks and 2 days to give my biometrics. Something people do in 2 days. I got the BIL on April 4th same day I submitted my application. Trying to schedule the appointment became an issue, I was not getting otp to proceed. When I finally did, I don’t know how come o but I had booked for 2 applicants so I was turned back at vfs Lagos since I could not produce the second person.

I sha went back and tried to reschedule but I could not get a date within the 30days. The earliest I got was on the 31st day. I asked someone and he said because there were a few public holidays within that time, vfs will answer me but of course they didn’t.

Then I checked NL and decided to send webforms and emails but I was only getting automated responses. I was searching for anyone with the same expired BIL experience as me to enquire how they solved their issue and I found nothing. I asked for advice on NL and nobody could really help. Most people advised me to withdraw my application and submit a new one which made sense. I finally decided to do that, but I was going to give it one more week.

Then I stumbled upon someone’s post that had an unrelated issue, but he said he emailed Abuja office on Monday 8am and he got a response. That’s how I decided to try that, so I scheduled my email to Abuja for 8am on Monday telling them about my expired BIL. And surprisingly I got a response on Wednesday from Abuja that my new BIL has been approved which was then emailed to me by Thursday of the same week. Just putting this out there in case there’s anyone having the same or similar issue. Cos I met someone the day I was finally successful that had a similar issue, and I told her to do the same. She did and she got a quick response too. And when she was refused for not submitting her LOA, she sent mails to Abuja with proof etc her application was reconsidered and she is now in Canada.

The rest of the story is just the normal tiring wait for ppr; sending emails to mp’s with no response, disturbing IRCC with webforms etc. Although, at some point I was worried cos I had discrepancies in the certificates submitted. Like all my documents have my middle name except my passport and birth certificate. Also, the DOB on my transcript and Waec is wrong and I didn’t submit any affidavit to back it up or give any explanation. Luckily it did not hurt my application.

I am thankful to all those that have been contributing and answering questions on here. And I pray that those waiting will get a favorable response soonest.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
Try this one.

mymedical.iom.int/apps/omas/#_frmHome

Copy and paste into Google

SoftdudeKay:
Hello guys,

Can someone please help me with the IOM website to book appointment? The one I’m trying to use isn’t going through.

Kindly help a loyal brother.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Congratulations,kindly reconfirm your PPR date.

Belxsz:

Timeline:
1st time applicant.
PPR: October 22nd

Documents submitted
SOP 3pages
Letter of acceptance
Police report
Nysc certificate
University Transcript
Waec result

My Salary account SOA
Letter of sponsorship

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
Done. It's September 22nd. Thank you
olufunbi:
Congratulations,kindly reconfirm your PPR date.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawode: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2022
Congratulations Brother and thanks for the additional tips. Can you also hint us on the proof of fund?
Oldfashioned145:
Congratulations!!! Mine is next in Jesus name

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
Ojb555666:

UAE do not affix deportation Ban on passports, but it's in their electronic file.

So what do you suggest?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by henrymazi: 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
It's PPR guys. All glory to God

Timeline:
Online application 20th June
Biometrics 29th June
Request for medical 29th September
Medical completed 5th October
Medical sent to IRCC 11th October
Medical updated to pass 11th October
Correspondence letter 14th October
Original passport request 14th October.

The God that did it for me will do it for those awaiting PPR.

Documents submitted;
IRCC completed forms
Admission letter
POF
Employment letters from work places I've served in
International passport data page and passport photograph.
LOE (I send through webform after 11 weeks of submitting my application)
�These are the documents I submitted alongside my application and nothing more.

In short, it was God that guided me all through.

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by noeloge82(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

There was no deportation stamp on my passport but I applied for a police report and it was declined saying I have an immigration ban, so I guess that’s deportation uhn?

If you applied for police clearance and it was denied because of this deportation ban it means its updated on their immigration website which IRCC can easily have access to meaning that your chances are slim , if you want to gamble its best you look for schools that you don't need to pay schools but only application fee and be ready to be able to endure such in case it doesn't go your way then , since its not a criminal deportation issue due well to explain that it was a clamp down on Nigerians living in Dubai as at the time of the deportation , try and put screenshots of the news then by getting the images with such headline from the net as you do all this make sure that truly you were not in any way deported for a particular crime but due to the clamp down that happened then , then add all the necessary documents and explain reasons for your study .
Finally pray and hope for the best , sometimes most difficult situations need 1% luck and in this case its possible

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2022
profeddor15:
@johnstan, i really appreciate your kind response to my question but still want more clarification on the issue of proof of funds with expenses.
1. I was admitted into the school that offers instalmental payment for the period of a year and the total amount to be paid for a year is 12,200cad and the monthly instalmental payment for the period of nine months is 1,355cad.
Which one out of the two will i add to the 10,000cad you made mention?.
Thanks

Bobomaigida has replied.

The payment plan is irrelevant. You are to demonstrate that you're capable of making the payments when they are due by providing POF with such balance READILY available i.e to be on the safe side and not funds in a fixed deposit with unknown due date for liquidation.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by noeloge82(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Iremide2019:

You will only pay the #9,410 fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS) and SMS fee of about N 1,000

If its same office you don't need to pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by prittygift114: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
[quote author=Godpikin4 post=117543955] You could probably mail them to know the status of your application...I am sure you will hear from them soon.

Paid your application fee?
@Godpikin4, yes I did! I will do as you said. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good day, pls will 18m be enough as proof of funds for family of 4 .The 18m excludes school fees.Please your response is required.Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by larnex: 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Please, Is it possible to mail my passport and other documents to VFS to get my passport stamped?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
noeloge82:

If you applied for police clearance and it was denied because of this deportation ban it means its updated on their immigration website which IRCC can easily have access to meaning that your chances are slim , if you want to gamble its best you look for schools that you don't need to pay schools but only application fee and be ready to be able to endure such in case it doesn't go your way then , since its not a criminal deportation issue due well to explain that it was a clamp down on Nigerians living in Dubai as at the time of the deportation , try and put screenshots of the news then by getting the images with such headline from the net as you do all this make sure that truly you were not in any way deported for a particular crime but due to the clamp down that happened then , then add all the necessary documents and explain reasons for your study .
Finally pray and hope for the best , sometimes most difficult situations need 1% luck and in this case its possible

Thanks for your honest reply. It was indeed a clamp down on Africans generally like you mentioned and I will attach the news media article like you suggested.

I will also attach letters from my lawyers explaining what happened.

I will appreciate if you can help review the SOP I have written.

I know there are others in this situation keeping quiet and. Not talking or probably lying on their application. I will tow the honest line and whatever outcome has been written for me, it shall be.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by subzheero: 4:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
subzheero:
Good day, pls will 18m be enough as proof of funds for family of 4 .The 18m excludes school fees.Please your response is required.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ay08020407288(m): 4:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

Thanks for your honest reply. It was indeed a clamp down on Africans generally like you mentioned and I will attach the news media article like you suggested.

I will also attach letters from my lawyers explaining what happened.

I will appreciate if you can help review the SOP I have written.

I know there are others in this situation keeping quiet and. Not talking or probably lying on their application. I will tow the honest line and whatever outcome has been written for me, it shall be.

For all you said so far may u see the favor of almighty Allah an me and those waiting for ppr
It is rare to come an plain it like this give it a try an pray on it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

I have seen the uae immigration law.. if this is applicable they may have used administrative deportation According to the law which can be removed by submitting an application to General directorates of residency and foreign affairs in the respected Emirates.
The case you had with authority has not been resolved now you the ban applies.You may need a good lawyer to resolve this!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 4:32pm On Oct 14, 2022
Am I the only one who notice that MOST of the people getting PPR are mostly the silent readers and those who don't constitute nuisance on this thread nor make condescending and rude remarks to people who ask questions? Is karma trying to filter Canada entrants by attitude? Congrats to all those who have gotten PPR and to those waiting who are humble and not rude to others, may you receive yours IJN.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
subzheero:

CAD 10,000 for principal applicant.
CAD 5000 for each accompanying dependent.
CAD 8,000 for miscellaneous
Total = 33,000 * 316 = 10,428,000

This is just a rough budget, you need a minimum of N10.4m. The N18m is fine, but the history behind the funds would have to be explained and backed up with documents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
It is truly God's doing. Congratulations. All the best.

henrymazi:

Timeline:
Biometrics 29th June

Documents submitted;
IRCC completed forms
Admission letter
POF

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
Bobomaigida:

CAD 10,000 for principal applicant.
CAD 5000 for each accompanying dependent.
CAD 8,000 for miscellaneous
Total = 33,000 * 316 = 10,428,000

This is just a rough budget, you need a minimum of N10.4m. The N18m is fine, but the history behind the funds would have to be explained and backed up with documents
You forgot to include tution fees in the calculation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 4:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
henrymazi:

Timeline:
Biometrics 29th June

Documents submitted;
IRCC completed forms
Admission letter
POF

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 4:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
Definitely. You can send it to the VFS through DHL courier service. I am not really sure if walk-in is now allowed for passport submission.

larnex:
Please, Is it possible to mail my passport and other documents to VFS to get my passport stamped?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nickithis: 4:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
You sound very foolish and dumb for this statement. With your long head.ode!
Nadingo:
Am I the only one who notice that MOST of the people getting PPR are mostly the silent readers and those who don't constitute nuisance on this thread nor make condescending and rude remarks to people who ask questions? Is karma trying to filter Canada entrants by attitude? Congrats to all those who have gotten PPR and to those waiting who are humble and not rude to others, may you receive yours IJN.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.