Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1227084 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 10:19am On Oct 14, 2022
Kingarike:
PPR request is here
My Application Timeline goes thus,
- Applied : 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics Request: 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics done : 28th of June,2022
- Medical Request : 23rd of September,2022
- Medical Updated to Passed : 1st of October,2022
Bvl-11 October 2022
Ppr-11 October 2022

I just want to say it not everything you read here is applicable to you take the ones you need and make use of it and follow your instinct
Documents submitted
Affidavit of parenthood
Affidavit of sponsorship
Landed property CofO of my sponsor (my mum)
Letter of recommendation from my last place of work
My birth certificate
My sponsor tax payment receipt for the year
Police character
My SOP( I printed it out and signed on it)
My waec
My university certificate (bsc)
My sponsor business certificate of registration
Pof with closing balance of 19M

Congratulations

Did you use Gckey or the new portal?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tudun: 10:20am On Oct 14, 2022
[Congratulations to you..

Can you please explain why you used letter from your last place of work and not your present place of work?and did the letter just say you worked with them for a period of time and not working with them anymore?Thank you in advance

quote author=Kingarike post=117472385]PPR request is here
My Application Timeline goes thus,
- Applied : 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics Request: 22th of June,2022.
- Biometrics done : 28th of June,2022
- Medical Request : 23rd of September,2022
- Medical Updated to Passed : 1st of October,2022
Bvl-11 October 2022
Ppr-11 October 2022

I just want to say it not everything you read here is applicable to you take the ones you need and make use of it and follow your instinct
Documents submitted
Affidavit of parenthood
Affidavit of sponsorship
Landed property CofO of my sponsor (my mum)
Letter of recommendation from my last place of work
My birth certificate
My sponsor tax payment receipt for the year
Police character
My SOP( I printed it out and signed on it)
My waec
My university certificate (bsc)
My sponsor business certificate of registration
Pof with closing balance of 19M
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2022
Hello house

HOUSE ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR SOP PLEASE…
My story is very complicated and I need to align it appropriately.

Helpppp
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 10:21am On Oct 14, 2022
Predator188:

The bolded is a typical voluntary departure, since you bought plane ticket at your own expense and left the country though seems an illegal move by authority. visa still valid with no evidence of deportation!
You are not a deportee in that case!

Yes I understand you. While it seems to be a voluntary departure, we were not given any choice or option at all. Buy your flight ticket or remain in the holding facility you were kept.

I am looking for how best to explain this in my SOP for my application. I have curated a list of all the news media that carried the news.

How best can I present this situation in my SOP
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 10:22am On Oct 14, 2022
Aadetutu:
Please i need advice
Application for study permit July 6
Biometric July 9
I dint pay tution deposit.
Then school mailed me that I had to pay before Oct 8th.
So i did. But I can't upload the receipt on my ircc portal.
It's been over 3 months and there's no activity on the portal about my application.

Should i be worried? Should I do my medicals?
Please advise me

Send your receipts via webform or email
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 10:32am On Oct 14, 2022
HELLO HOUSE

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND KINDLY ADVISE

I was recently refused PPR based on the discrepancies that arouse from the employment in my previous TRV application not aligning with the employment in the recent PPR application.

So i want to apply for a study permit and I’m trying to corroborate all the error I had made in the past with proper documentation and alignment for all my previous work/activities in the last 10 years.

This is where my SOP and LOE comes in…

ANY RECOMMENDATION FOR AN SOP ADVISOR OR WRITER?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2022
Good morning y'all,

Had to take a break to refocus my energy on real life and be in the present. Congratulations to all the PPR receivers. For those still waiting the lord is our strength. Application is 13 weeks today and eligibility is yet to start but God dey.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:36am On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

Yes I understand you. While it seems to be a voluntary departure, we were not given any choice or option at all. Buy your flight ticket or remain in the holding facility you were kept.

I am looking for how best to explain this in my SOP for my application. I have curated a list of all the news media that carried the news.

You don't have to say too much to make the situation less horrible than it was. Simply write exactly what transpired and how you had to leave before your visa expired so that you could maintain good standing with their immigration policies and you will be fine.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:39am On Oct 14, 2022
msbaileyz:
HELLO HOUSE

I was recently refused PPR based on the discrepancies that arouse from the employment in my previous TRV application not aligning with the employment in the recent PPR application.

So i want to apply for a study permit and I’m trying to corroborate all the error I had made in the past with proper documentation and alignment for all my previous work/activities in the last 10 years.

With this double task you will mostly likely pay someone to help you out. Why not jump on it and explain the shit out yourself with receipts. If you still insist on contracting someone there are gurus here to help you out.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2022
olaraz:
Good morning all, pls need urgent answer for this pls. Did Canadian Embassy consider age in granting student visa for undergraduate students. Am applying for undergraduate and am 33years of age and also the WAEC GCE am using is 2014 result. If eventually gotten the admission, will Canadian embassy grant me visa not minding the age or will they disqualify me due to the age. And also am trying to pay for my admission process but having difficulty in paying using my master card. Can someone help on that too.

Whilst age can be a determining factor, it only raises red flags if you're not able to explain your decision.
*Do you have a degree already and planing to go for another degree without considering the possibilities of career progression in relation to your previous degree/work experience.
*Do you have the finance to cater for 4yrs undergrad program including your living expenses and miscellaneous expenses.
*Are you intending to use your life savings without remainder. If you're using a third party sponsor, are you planning to use their life savings as POF without considering that they have their own expenses too.

If all these checks out effortlessly then you're good to go.

Naira cards don't work for international payments these days, you will need a USD card.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2022
Predator188:

The bolded is a typical voluntary departure, since you bought plane ticket at your own expense and left the country though seems an illegal move by authority. visa still valid with no evidence of deportation!
You are not a deportee in that case!
I agree to this if there was no documents raised preceding the deportation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2022
profeddor15:
Good morning house, I'm new on this platform and will like to know some things that will guide me to achieve success in study permit application journey.
How much of the proof of funds for the family of 2(husband and wife) need?.
In order to get it right, what are the document i need to get when filling out the application form on ircc website?.
What is the timeline processing for someone that was given an admission this month?.
I shall be grateful for your kind response.
Thanks

The minimum required documents you need are detailed on IRCC website, check for documents by country you will see what Nigerians are required to submit, add your own personal documents that you feel would make your app standout.

For POF, the minimum requirement is CAD10,000 for 1 yr. Note that this is for your expenses not for school fees.
Add your school fees for your duration to the living expenses and you're good to go.

Minimum student visa processing time is now 13weeks on IRCC website.

You don't necessarily need to show POF for all the years, you only need to show for 1yr and be able to convince the VO that subsequent years would not be an issue, however, if both of you are self sponsored then it's better to show POF for your full duration and beyond to show that even if you're leaving your source of income here you will be able to cater for yourselves without the idea of working in Canada to make up. Hope you're able to make sense out of this.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 11:05am On Oct 14, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Good evening everyone
So I sent my updated admission letter to ircc recently, how do I know if they’ve seen it because I’m using an agent but I decided to send it myself

The only way to know is if you get a reply from the visa processing office via mail. The response can take a staggering 4 weeks or more so instead of worrying just ensure you send it a couple of times instead of once and then chill.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 11:10am On Oct 14, 2022
Lawode:
Congratulations @2preety4u!!! God is indeed great. Is there anyone I can get in touch with you as my wife ( the prospective student) and I are also considering a family application? Or perhaps you can offer guidance here for the benefit of others. I am the sponsor and I do not intend to leave my work ( plan to work remotely sometimes and also on site), but I will rather apply for SOWP. Getting a leave of absence from my employer is practically impossible but I can get a visa support letter/letter of introduction.

1. How did your husband justify wanting to travel with you and the request for SOWP?
2. We are a family of four ( my kids are US citizen), what amount do you think we should have reserved for this?
3. Given what you now know, what advice will you give to those of us who are just starting?

Again a big congratulations to you, I have read your posts and it is so good to see that you faith did not fail you.

And please the gurus can also chip in here.

Thank you. To your questions;

1) my husband wrote a letter of intent, stating why he wants to travel with me and how it will not affect his business. He also Stated his reasons for applying for SOWP. To work a while in Canada and use whatever knowledge and experience he gets back home in Nigeria.

2) the years of study will determine how much you will need. For 2yrs, we provided 2years tuition and living expenses for the all family. We also included to and fro flight money, which we stated in the POF.

3) read, research and screenshot any important information you read, you might need it later.

I hope I was able to address your questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Lawode: 11:28am On Oct 14, 2022
@2preety4u

Many thanks for your response.

1. Did you base your calculations on the 10,000USD for the main applicant, 4,000USD for Spouse and 3,000USD for each child or was there any other basis.

2. I have noted your reference to return flight money ( and I am wondering did you give an estimate or you actually could get the cost of the return ticket for a 2 year gap?

3. Just to confirm that your husband is a business owner and not an employee like me? and he was also your sponsor right? ( I am asking to confirm if it will not be a problem for the sponsor to show intent to travel along with the student)

Many thanks again for your prompt response.

2pretty4u:

Thank you. To your questions;

1) my husband wrote a letter of intent, stating why he wants to travel with me and how it will not affect his business. He also Stated his reasons for applying for SOWP. To work a while in Canada and use whatever knowledge and experience he gets back home in Nigeria.

2) the years of study will determine how much you will need. For 2yrs, we provided 2years tuition and living expenses for the all family. We also included to and fro flight money, which we stated in the POF.

3) read, research and screenshot any important information you read, you might need it later.

I hope I was able to address your questions.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 11:32am On Oct 14, 2022
Eligibility review ongoing too.. I've sent a couple of mails but nothing at all.

amila20042001:
eligibility review ongoing since 17th September.
I pray for Grace and Favor
How about yours?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harley4: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hello House,

Please, I have a b.Sc. and Master in Biochemistry, can I go for Ontario College Diploma? I hope it will not be difficult to obtain a VISA with my family, for going for a diploma course which is far below degrees already obtained.

I need your response. Thanking you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tudun: 12:02pm On Oct 14, 2022
You need to rephrase your statements well so whoever will help can understand better..PPR refused or PPR application?there is nothing like that..it is confusing cos you may also mean you got PPR and it was later cancelled.Be explicit

msbaileyz:
HELLO HOUSE

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Demmy10: 12:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
Joedave25:
@Demmy10,

Congratulations

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Demmy10: 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
Isyma:

Congratulations dummy, may the land of Canada favour you
Lol, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calmdexter:

Predator188 has a very good point. I think it boils down to whether there is any formal record that shows that you were deported. If there is none, you weren't deported at all. You were just asked to leave voluntarily. There's a big difference between leaving voluntarily and being deported.

And claiming that you were deported when you weren't deported is also a form of misrepresentation, so you need to verify this first.

Canada is big on human rights and they don't tolerate human right violations, so you really have nothing to worry about. If you decide to mention this in your SOP or LOE, present a rational explanation. Don't paint UAE in a bad light, and emphasise that you left UAE voluntarily upon their request -- I think doing this will work in your favour.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by profeddor15: 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
@johnstan, i really appreciate your kind response to my question but still want more clarification on the issue of proof of funds with expenses.
1. I was admitted into the school that offers instalmental payment for the period of a year and the total amount to be paid for a year is 12,200cad and the monthly instalmental payment for the period of nine months is 1,355cad.
Which one out of the two will i add to the 10,000cad you made mention?.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alakara(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
Why not phd ?

harley4:
Hello House,

Please, I have a b.Sc. and Master in Biochemistry, can I go for Ontario College Diploma? I hope it will not be difficult to obtain a VISA with my family, for going for a diploma course which is far below degrees already obtained.

I need your response. Thanking you in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2022
bepositive11:

Predator188 has a very good point. I think it boils down to whether there is any formal record that shows that you were deported. If there is none, you weren't deported at all. You were just asked to leave voluntarily. There's a big difference between leaving voluntarily and being deported.

And claiming that you were deported when you weren't deported is also a form of misrepresentation, so you need to verify this first.

Canada is big on human rights and they don't tolerate human right violations, so you really have nothing to worry about. If you decide to mention this in your SOP or LOE, present a rational explanation. Don't paint UAE in a bad light, and emphasise that you left UAE voluntarily upon their request -- I think doing this will work in your favour.

Thanks for your kind and honest reply.

I have mentioned it on my SOP already. However they are. Few things;

- An inmigration ban followed after we were asked to leave. I knew this cos I asked for a police report and it was declined on the basis that I have an immigration ban. So I guess that qualifies as deportation or No?

- I have applied to have the ban removed by an immigration lawyer in the UAE but it is taking a long time to hear from them. I intend to make the lawyer write a letter. And attach our application to the uae government in the letter. The process is taking a long time and I intend to resume by January (I qualify for NSE application, I have all the documents needed).
Do you advise I wait for the lawyer or just explain in my SOP and attach the lawyers letter by web form later.

- My passport was stamped with the normal exit stamp, no deport stamp on it.

- I intend to attach my residence card which shows the expiry date of 2023

- I have written my SOP but I can subject it to further review. Would you be willing to go through it for me?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olaberry456: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2022
dangervu:
Form A fast track ! Uba bank get in touch it comes with a fee !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Calmdexter: 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
chrisoo:

I agree to this if there was no documents raised preceding the deportation.

There was no deportation stamp on my passport but I applied for a police report and it was declined saying I have an immigration ban, so I guess that’s deportation uhn?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
profeddor15:
@johnstan, i really appreciate your kind response to my question but still want more clarification on the issue of proof of funds with expenses.
1. I was admitted into the school that offers instalmental payment for the period of a year and the total amount to be paid for a year is 12,200cad and the monthly instalmental payment for the period of nine months is 1,355cad.
Which one out of the two will i add to the 10,000cad you made mention?.
Thanks

What he meant is that living expenses for a year and TOTAL tuition, IRCC does not care how the payment is made, they just want to know if you have the funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Belxsz: 1:01pm On Oct 14, 2022
Hello!! Please is there anyone that has successfully booked Ethiopian Air tickets recently.

I picked my airline and it indicated 2-stops. However, after reserving my seat and wanting to pay, it's showing 4 stops.

When I check the flight details , the stops listed are ADD and DUB. But it keeps showing 4 stops and I don't want to make a mistake. Did anyone have this experience?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iluyomade11: 1:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
Good afternoon.
I’m only seeing 1year duration for my program PGD. Hope this will not affect me when applying for study permit. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2022
Please, for those who have flown Egypt Air recently, how did you guys pay for your ticket?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Omnisavage: 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2022
no
Iluyomade11:
Good afternoon.
I’m only seeing 1year duration for my program PGD. Hope this will not affect me when applying for study permit. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by msbaileyz(f): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
tudun:

You need to rephrase your statements well so whoever will help can understand better..PPR refused or PPR application?there is nothing like that..it is confusing cos you may also mean you got PPR and it was later cancelled.Be explicit

Thank you do your correction… it’s PPR application

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.