Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1222248 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 1:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Natalie27:
Hi Johnstan,

Update:
I reached Vfs via webchat the next day and they confirmed it had been sent to DHL.. DHL just wanted to confuse their ancestors the passport was picked up today.

I think "lying" is a strong word

By the way, this inquiry was for my sister resuming at Conestoga in January.

Thank you

Little background
AOR Aug 22
Biometric Aug 23
Medical request Oct 15
Medical done Nov 2nd IOM
Medical passed Nov 5
PPR Nov 15
Sent to DHL Nov
Passport pick up Nov 30

I wish all of you the best. Most importantly speaking from experience because I also did the Express entry application you need to put provide the right information and put all your confidence in GOD

Hi, that's great.
Oh I wasn't implying that you were lying, I only wanted to point out that one cannot disregard your experience simply because it wasn't same as theirs.
Congrats to your sister once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olujinmisamson1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2022
God will come through, please did you do upfront medicals. if yes how long did it take to be updated on the portal.?
did you just attach the IOM sheet on the webform?
NGOZIGLORI:
Congratulations to all the people that have gotten their ppr. May the land of Canada favor you all.
Those denied , please don't give up. Keep hope alive and re apply again, it will surely end in praise... Amen.

Am praying and hoping for my daughter's application too to come out positive.
We applied on Oct 11th, medical and biometric updated.
School starts January 4.

God please come through for us oooo.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olujinmisamson1(m): 1:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
when did you apply sir?
Dolaqueen:

Amen oh!!! Cause as I dey like this, my heart is beating fast, these people will not give me hypertension, since I applied, no changes in my application sad sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by diizzy968: 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2022
There is no joy in stealing from others, I don't take delight in such matter.

I shared my blessings with you on this thread sometime in September ending under my previous account timagbo but some individuals felt it was a lie and deleted it.

Kudos!!!

I'm glad you didn't delete my PPR.

I go drop my landing gist on Dec 11.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thank you very much.

CornOak:

The wait is over, looking forward to reading the good news. Congratulations in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnemak(m): 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2022
Its 11 Month miracle, wink
johnstan:

What's going on with Nov applications lol.

Congratulations.

Here's what you need to know.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GloriaBekee: 2:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please,,ooo anybody at Cape Breton university,, I want to know how they offer admission, waitlist or immediately
Please I need answers urgently
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nnemak(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
It would end in praise. This week
DejiiiiB:
Good morning guys

My application is now 8 months now as of today

Have sent several mails to IRCC and also through webform for months, but still nothing yet.

I already order GMCS Notes, but still yet to get it

I sent a mail to an MP and he just responded yesterday with a mail then he copied the Minister of IRCC.

I just hope this trigger them to attend to my application and give me a positive feedback asap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Afarch: 2:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello everyone ,

I have a question pls. I emailed an MP way back concerning my application that was submitted in September 20th and he responded today saying this;

Hi,

I spoke with IRCC and here is the information that I got.

Application received on September 20 2022, and it is at the visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

Eligibility has passed.

Criminality and medicals have passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

Application expected to be finalized by14 December 2022 but I can’t guarantee.

You can contact me after said date to do another follow-up with IRCC.

What does it mean Abeg ? @makano @thomysne @johnstan

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lukulukuboy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
Pls has anyone here gotten a refusal 7 days after biometrics?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Kingo99: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2022
PPR: long post alert

Skip down for timeline if you don’t want to read the story

Been a long journey. First time applicant. Used New Portal.
Tried getting admission for about a year but i never got one, i spoke out about my issue here on nairaland & @Showyoung responded to me.
I got admission to Fanshawe through him.

After the admission, the other hurdle is the study permit. @Showyoung assisted me in this too. I got all my documents with my father as sponsor, NOTARIZED all my documents, very important, had a land gift deed from my father also.

Submitted my applications on July 29th, did Biometrics in lagos on the 1st of August then the wait started.

Waited till November 1st then i sent Emails, webform & Applied for my GCMS to know the status of my application.
November 2nd i got a medical request, Eligibility started the same day too.

I tried going to IOM to do the medical without booking appointment because i read it once here that you can beg IOM and they’d allow you, went early in the morning but they bounced me, said i must have appointment, learn from this, highest you can do is email them for emergency booking.

Booked appointment & did the medical on November 17th, i got that medical sheet after the medicals & sent it through emails & webform, used NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca in sending the email.

November 21st i got a mail from NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca saying I should send them the medical sheet indicating “Completed”
I quickly emailed IOM iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int & it was sent to me within the hour, IOM had actually sent my medical to irrc on November 20 (Saw that in the medical sheet iom sent).
I sent the updated medical sheet to Nairobi document mail & i got a message they will attend to it.

November 23rd, my medical was passed then another waiting period started, opened my portal about five time a day.

November 28th PPR dropped, prayers work!

Timeline

Submission: July 29th
Biometrics: August 1st
Medical request: November 2nd
Medical done on November 17th
Medical submitted on November 20th
Medical updated to pass November 23rd
PPR: November 28th

Tip: Notarize documents, Show proof of how your sponsor earns a living, have land documents as home ties, have a story line, explain in detail why you’re going to Canada & why you’d be coming back immediately after study.

Please what foodstuffs is allowed to carry?

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Afarch: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:

Hi, that's great.
Oh I wasn't implying that you were lying, I only wanted to point out that one cannot disregard your experience simply because it wasn't same as theirs.
Congrats to your sister once again.
[quote author=johnstan post=118796760]

Hello ,

I have a question pls. I emailed an MP way back concerning my application that was submitted in September 20th and he responded today saying this;

Hi,

Application received on September 20 2022, and it is at the visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

Eligibility has passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

What does it mean Abeg ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
YinksXO:
Long post alert!

Been on this thread for a while and I'm an older applicant. Started trying express entry around 2018 but something was always not aligning, transcript wahala and then low CRS scores. Wanted to try the student route in 2019 but a friend said because of my age, I most probably wouldn't get approved, so I abandoned it. In 2020, same friend advised me to try the student route for my daughter and that's when I came to this thread and it helped me tremendously to package my daughter's application which was approved and I've shared the story here too. So, while I was doing research for my daughter's application here, I'd see older people once in a while with approved applications, I started considering it again, the more I read about approvals for people within my age range, the more encouraged I became, so I took the plunge. Long story short, below is my timeline

Upfront medical - April 2022
Application submitted - 28 June 2022 (new portal used)
Sent a webform in July to ask them to update medicals.
Medicals passed - 20 August 2022
Eligibility review started - 31 October 2022
BVL & PPR - 3 November 2022
PP submitted - 4 November 2022 (Lagos VFS)
PP received - 22 November 2022

Documents submitted
LOA
SOP (3 pages)
Passport biodata page
MBA transcript
Other professional certificate(s)
Resume
MBS - personal account
MBS - business account
Bank reference letter stating I'm sole signatory
Coy registration documents
Coy Invoices and PO's
Board resolution letter, confirming my leave from work and that coy was going to fund my studies
Same person affidavit cos name arranged differently on different official documents
Notarized Letter of support by spouse - saying that he'd take care of our kids and help oversee my business.
MBS of spouse's coy account
IELTS & WES - submitted cos I had it
Old and valid visas and stamped passport pages
PCC
Deed of assignment
Birth certificates of my kids
Passport biodata page of spouse
Passport biodata page of mum (expired)
Death certificate of father
4 pictures - with spouse, kids and mum

Things that may have helped me:
* I have valid US and Canadian visit visas and just returned from a recent trip to Canada to visit daughter.
* I approached 2 MP's, one responded and said background check was passed but eligibility hadn't started as at September, other MP didn't respond.
* After my return from Canada in September, sent about 5/6 webforms and same amount of emails, sent about once every week, different days of the week. Different story each week but basically asking for a decision to be made on my application.
* Didn't apply with second daughter and husband
* Tuition paid in full
* My coy is funding my studies, so included a board resolution letter approving amount to be spent.

This platform has been great and I can't quantify the wealth of information you can get from here as long as you're patient and willing to research, will share some tips:

If you're following this thread or any other one you're interested in, leave the tab open on your device, that way you can come back and continue from where you stopped, just refresh to load new pages. You won't then miss responses to any questions you've asked or new points/stories that have been shared.
Use the notes app on your phone. If there's any information that has been shared on nairaland or any other platform that you think will be useful to you or someone else, copy it out and paste it in the notes app. This way, that information is easily accessible to you in the future, just use your search tab on the app. I find this is more helpful than screenshots.
Google and YouTube the heck out of everything! NairaLand is great because it gives you the perspective of Nigerians living in Nigeria, who are on the same journey as you but there are other resources you should make use of because it shows you what other nationalities are doing to get their applications approved. Some simple questions can even easily be answered once you use Google & YouTube, believe me you get samples of documents, updates on travel requirements, school recommendations, meaning of abbreviations, literally everything is available there, just type in key words and voila, you're in.

Lastly, thank you to each and everyone that has shared their journey here, thank you to people who've lent a helping hand to total strangers. As someone who is private myself, I know the first instinct might be not to bother to share your story but trust me, it helps in encouraging and hopefully giving people the needed push.
My program starts in January 2023 and once I'm settled in, I "wish" to help people reach out to MP's cos I noticed they hardly respond to people living outside of Canada, I'm hoping it will be possible. This offer will be free and for people whose applications have significantly gone beyond the standard processing time and it will be at my discretion.
Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations, may your journey to Canada be favoured. I enjoyed reading your timeline.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2pretty4u(f): 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
okay4sure:
PPR Time !!!! people of Nairalander join me to praise the LORD.........Hallelujah !!!!
In fact God is faithful and I am hopeful....
Submitted June 16th
Upfront Medicals Done July 18th
Medical passed and Eligibility review on August 4th after a series of email and web form
raises.
PPR November 29 after I sent a series of emails and web forms.
Is a family Application Still waiting for my spouse visiting visa. I thank this platform because I did it alone with all the knowledge I acquired from naira land. I am not a good writer but I wrote my SOP myself. I pray , pray and pray, Jesus did it. God answers prayers
For those expectant, God will answer your prayers

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
@thomsyne

Just got a mail stating that the ppt has been received at vfs Abuja.
Did you get same email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations ����. Canada welcomes you.

okay4sure:
PPR Time !!!! people of Nairalander join me to praise the LORD.........Hallelujah !!!!
In fact God is faithful and I am hopeful....
Submitted June 16th
Upfront Medicals Done July 18th
Medical passed and Eligibility review on August 4th after a series of email and web form
raises.
PPR November 29 after I sent a series of emails and web forms.
Is a family Application Still waiting for my spouse visiting visa. I thank this platform because I did it alone with all the knowledge I acquired from naira land. I am not a good writer but I wrote my SOP myself. I pray , pray and pray, Jesus did it. God answers prayers
For those expectant, God will answer your prayers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2022
[quote author=Afarch post=118798532][/quote]

I think you should expect your PPR on or before Dec as stated in the mail since all other sections have been updated to passed.

Congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Teeebabyyy: 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
Your ppr is just around the corner, congratulations in advance!

Afarch:
Hello everyone ,

Hi,

Eligibility has passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by monalisa007: 3:17pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations.

Kingo99:

Tried getting admission for about a year but i never got one, i spoke out about my issue here on nairaland & @Showyoung responded to me.

After the admission, the other hurdle is the study permit. @Showyoung assisted me in this too. I got all my documents with my father as sponsor, NOTARIZED all my documents, very important, had a land gift deed from my father also.

Submitted my applications on July 29th, did Biometrics in lagos on the 1st of August then the wait started.

Waited till November 1st then i sent Emails, webform & Applied for my GCMS to know the status of my application.

I tried going to IOM to do the medical without booking appointment because i read it once here that you can beg IOM and they’d allow you, went early in the morning but they bounced me, said i must have appointment, learn from this, highest you can do is email them for emergency booking.

Booked appointment & did the medical on November 17th, i got that medical sheet after the medicals & sent it through emails & webform, used NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca in sending the email.

November 21st i got a mail from NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca saying I should send them the medical sheet indicating “Completed”
I quickly emailed IOM iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int & it was sent to me within the hour, IOM had actually sent my medical to irrc on November 20 (Saw that in the medical sheet iom sent).
I sent the updated medical sheet to Nairobi document mail & i got a message they will attend to it.

November 23rd, my medical was passed then another waiting period started, opened my portal about five time a day.

Timeline

Tip: Notarize documents, Show proof of how your sponsor earns a living, have land documents as home ties, have a story line, explain in detail why you’re going to Canada & why you’d be coming back immediately after study.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:
@thomsyne

Just got a mail stating that the ppt has been received at vfs Abuja.
Did you get same email?

Yup yup, just sent you an email message sef.
Shouldn't take them long to send it down to Lag I believe?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Thomsyne:

Yup yup, just sent you an email message sef.
Shouldn't take them long to send it down to Lag I believe?
Cool, I think I replied. Check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2022
Were is your province
Afarch:
Hello everyone ,

Hi,

Eligibility has passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by don4real: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
It means they are still processing your application and it's going smoothly. Which province and their email address?

Afarch:
Hello everyone ,

Hi,

Eligibility has passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 3:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Is 13M the balance in the company’s account or what the company wants to transfer to you? A company with an average balance of such an amount cannot financially sponsor your studies single-handedly because the money barely covers the cost of your studies. Unless it intends to pay a specific part of your expenses, such as rent, it is not financially buoyant to sponsor you.
drealsahmy:
Please all the gurus need your help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Herlymah1295: 4:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:

Cool, I think I replied. Check
I got the mail too. Please what reply are you talking about? Because I just read the mail and pass. Am I supposed to do anything?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2022
Herlymah1295:

I got the mail too. Please what reply are you talking about? Because I just read the mail and pass. Am I supposed to do anything?

I sent mine to VFS Lagos and the mail said it was received at vfs Abuja.
Have to wait I guess
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Esanson: 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
I mail my mp at Waterloo she said since I'm not in Canada she can't assist me my application is 17weeks now no update from the since my medical got update September.
Afarch:
Hello everyone ,

Hi,

Eligibility has passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Herlymah1295: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:

Have to wait I guess
I physically submitted mine at VFS Lagos. Guess I’ll also have to wait. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Queenfunlola(f): 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kingo99:

Timeline

Congratulations, am so happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Herlymah1295: 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:

Have to wait I guess

Also have you gotten the letter of introduction?

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.