Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (566) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1222270 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chiziteremary: 4:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congrats Bro, thanks God u didnt wait in vain. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.

okay4sure:
PPR Time !!!! people of Nairalander join me to praise the LORD.........Hallelujah !!!!
In fact God is faithful and I am hopeful....
Submitted June 16th
Upfront Medicals Done July 18th
Medical passed and Eligibility review on August 4th after a series of email and web form
raises.
PPR November 29 after I sent a series of emails and web forms.
Is a family Application Still waiting for my spouse visiting visa. I thank this platform because I did it alone with all the knowledge I acquired from naira land. I am not a good writer but I wrote my SOP myself. I pray , pray and pray, Jesus did it. God answers prayers
For those expectant, God will answer your prayers

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Superyettie242(f): 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Congrats Bro, thanks God u didnt wait in vain. May the land of Canada favour u in Jesus name.
Wow �, Congratulations �

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
olujinmisamson1:
when did you apply sir?

Second applicant, Oct 17
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Superyettie242(f): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2022
Chiziteremary:
Hello, I will like to ask if PP request was sent to your email or you saw it when you check your application portal.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolaqueen: 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Esanson:
I mail my mp at Waterloo she said since I'm not in Canada she can't assist me my application is 17weeks now no update from the since my medical got update September.

Please what’s MP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good day everyone. Please I want to find out how to submit my passport to the VFS office in Abuja from Lagos via DHL and if there is any other fee that I will be required to pay to VFS and how to make this payment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by NGOZIGLORI(f): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2022
She did medicals on the 28th of September. We submitted application on the 11th of Oct
Medicals was updated to passed on the 14th of November.

olujinmisamson1:
God will come through, please did you do upfront medicals. if yes how long did it take to be updated on the portal.?
did you just attach the IOM sheet on the webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olujinmisamson1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okay thank you. God will help us all.
NGOZIGLORI:
She did medicals on the 28th of September. We submitted application on the 11th of Oct
Medicals was updated to passed on the 14th of November.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 6:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
Dolaqueen:

Second applicant, Oct 17

My brother's application is Oct 20, second time applicant as well. Only two October applicants that I have seen that has received a decision on this platform. God go do am.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 6:27pm On Nov 30, 2022
Dolaqueen:

Please what’s MP?

Member of Parliament
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gilb231: 6:30pm On Nov 30, 2022
Good evening

How do I contact IRCC. I have sent my passport to IRCC through VFS Lagos. They say the embassy hasn’t returned my envelope. I sent my Passport the day after I got PPR 27th of October. VFS say they’ve not received my envelope since. The last update I received was that my envelope is in Abuja visa Application Center since the 17th of November nothing else since.
It’s over 30day I sent webform the portal how do I contact IRCC please it’s really odd it’s taking so long.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sarah1032: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
Any news yet

Oldfashioned145:
I sent a lot of emails since Monday and BVL just dropped.

A final decision pending at last for this May 4th applicant

I can't even describe this feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2022
congrat broo
diizzy968:
There is no joy in stealing from others, I don't take delight in such matter.

I shared my blessings with you on this thread sometime in September ending under my previous account timagbo but some individuals felt it was a lie and deleted it.

Kudos!!!

I'm glad you didn't delete my PPR.

I go drop my landing gist on Dec 11.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations

Buxel:
Hello guys, its Ppr. I received my stamped passport today!!!!!
I have been an active reader on this platform but 1st time posting.

I am a 2nd time applicant.

1st application submitted on 24th April, 2022 and breakfast was served on 15th June, 2022 for financial assets wahala.

Contacted Makano and we worked on GCMS notes which took forever to come (the devil is a liar).
2nd application was submitted on 30th September, 2022.
Truly, what God cannot do, does not exist!

By His grace, I will be resuming for winter class at Northeastern University Vancouver. (My Vancouver folks, where una dey?)

Attached is my timeline for the rest of the story.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by pufframmy: 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
congrat

Kingo99:
PPR: long post alert

Skip down for timeline if you don’t want to read the story

Been a long journey. First time applicant. Used New Portal.
Tried getting admission for about a year but i never got one, i spoke out about my issue here on nairaland & @Showyoung responded to me.
I got admission to Fanshawe through him.

After the admission, the other hurdle is the study permit. @Showyoung assisted me in this too. I got all my documents with my father as sponsor, NOTARIZED all my documents, very important, had a land gift deed from my father also.

Submitted my applications on July 29th, did Biometrics in lagos on the 1st of August then the wait started.

Waited till November 1st then i sent Emails, webform & Applied for my GCMS to know the status of my application.
November 2nd i got a medical request, Eligibility started the same day too.

I tried going to IOM to do the medical without booking appointment because i read it once here that you can beg IOM and they’d allow you, went early in the morning but they bounced me, said i must have appointment, learn from this, highest you can do is email them for emergency booking.

Booked appointment & did the medical on November 17th, i got that medical sheet after the medicals & sent it through emails & webform, used NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca in sending the email.

November 21st i got a mail from NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca saying I should send them the medical sheet indicating “Completed”
I quickly emailed IOM iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int & it was sent to me within the hour, IOM had actually sent my medical to irrc on November 20 (Saw that in the medical sheet iom sent).
I sent the updated medical sheet to Nairobi document mail & i got a message they will attend to it.

November 23rd, my medical was passed then another waiting period started, opened my portal about five time a day.

November 28th PPR dropped, prayers work!

Timeline

Submission: July 29th
Biometrics: August 1st
Medical request: November 2nd
Medical done on November 17th
Medical submitted on November 20th
Medical updated to pass November 23rd
PPR: November 28th

Tip: Notarize documents, Show proof of how your sponsor earns a living, have land documents as home ties, have a story line, explain in detail why you’re going to Canada & why you’d be coming back immediately after study.

Please what foodstuffs is allowed to carry?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
johnstan:
@thomsyne

Just got a mail stating that the ppt has been received at vfs Abuja.
Did you get same email?

When did you submit?

And after receiving the mail did you try to track it again what was it still showing?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gracehayford1: 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello all, I did upfront medicals September and it was updated in my profile September 14th. I just got a medical request from ircc. Please advise further what to do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
CharitoJames:
Hello… Been a while. @7COLORS, any news on your application?

Welcome back CharitoJames.
Hope you are started to repackage, we miss you here.

7Colors has deactivated her account, she was denied.
It was so painful to all of us here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello guys:

I just got a request for medical exam from IRCC today. Though I did upfront medical test and attached my upfront medical slip with my application in August.

Should I just resend the medical slip which contains my IME and UMI numbers?

Will they be able to get the result of the test directly from IOM if I send the slip?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
Gracehayford1:
Hello all, I did upfront medicals September and it was updated in my profile September 14th. I just got a medical request from ircc. Please advise further what to do.

I will advise that you send your eMedical Information Sheet via webform and email to Nairobi, London, Accra, New York, Chinese and Indian offices, even Lima (Peru). In your email and enquiry body (for the webforms) ensure to include the details on the eMedical Information Sheet such as IME, UMI etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by malikoa: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2022
Hello guys:

First time post here. Just thought I'd post because I'm running out of options:

I'm not sure how many of us have been waiting for very long, but my application was submitted since June, and I am yet to hear back from IRCC:

Medicals Done Jun 6
Application Submitted Jun 8
Biometrics Done Jun 9
Eligibility and Background Check started Aug 19
Medicals Uploaded to Pass N/A
PPR N/A

I sent multiple webforms and emails over the past few months with little positive responses. I have received two separate responses to the Webforms I sent to Kenya and both seemed to be very generic responses. One requested for my email and passport biodata page which I sent, while the other said they are processing my application but cannot give a timeframe.

Is there any other step that I can take to get either a decision or an update from IRCC? Waiting for 6 months without feedback is not beans.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
GoodofNaija:
Hello guys:

I just got a request for medical exam from IRCC today. Though I did upfront medical test and attached my upfront medical slip with my application in August.

Should I just resend the medical slip which contains my IME and UMI numbers?

Will they be able to get the result of the test directly from IOM if I send the slip?

Yes, they will. I believe you find my previous post useful as well as you are in the same situation with the person I responded to.

In addition, try and aim their office opening time. You can schedule the email to send at that time, taking into consideration the time difference. Also send to Abuja & Lagos via email and webforms at 8 AM.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 6:56pm On Nov 30, 2022
malikoa:
Hello guys:

First time post here. Just thought I'd post because I'm running out of options:

I'm not sure how many of us have been waiting for very long, but my application was submitted since June, and I am yet to hear back from IRCC:

Medicals Done Jun 6
Application Submitted Jun 8
Biometrics Done Jun 9
Eligibility and Background Check started Aug 19
Medicals Uploaded to Pass N/A
PPR N/A

I sent multiple webforms and emails over the past few months with little positive responses. I have received two separate responses to the Webforms I sent to Kenya and both seemed to be very generic responses. One requested for my email and passport biodata page which I sent, while the other said they are processing my application but cannot give a timeframe.

Is there any other step that I can take to get either a decision or an update from IRCC? Waiting for 6 months without feedback is not beans.

Assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

I feel you! Order GCMS/CBSA notes. Contact MPs (members of parliament) in the area where your school is located for assistance. In your next webform/email, let them know of your class start date and how long your application has been. If your school doesn't offer online or virtual classes, mention it too and if you can't defer your admission as well, ensure to include it but still try and keep it short, concise, informative and empathetic. Aim to send at 8 AM their time, both emails and webforms.

Someone here sent 50 mails and got a decision the following day, #JustSaying

Godspeed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by IamDavidJames(m): 6:59pm On Nov 30, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Grachialla5: 7:00pm On Nov 30, 2022
Please I'm writing to enquire about my mum's visiting visa, she applied for a visiting visa, an agent who handled my application handled that too, mine got approved, so I just got to realise now that what he upload as invitation letter for her is my Visa approval page. I seek for advice, is this the right document to upload, should I write a proper invitation letter and send through webform?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
Go and succeed in Canada.

hayoBams:
landing gist!!!
Hey guys,
So my parents, sibling and cousins all followed me to the airport. The drive to the airport was hectic, my flight was actually on Monday and as y’all know Mondays traffic are quite heavy in Lagos. I went with Ethiopian airline and the flight was scheduled to depart by 1 pm but classic Nigerian time we didn’t depart until about 3pm which in turn affected me at Addis Ababa, but I’ll get back to that later in the gist.We left home around 8 am and got to the airport at about 9:30.

There were a total of 6 People with me so we had to bribe with about 3k for all of us to enter. We got to the check-in queue for Ethiopian Airlines which was a bit long but i was finally attended to, pro tip: make sure you weigh your baggage before leaving home to save yourself from headaches and also in as much as you won’t need a power bank in Canada I’d say you should keep one with you cause it might come in handy at the airport. So my bags were finally weighed and I had an extra baggage of which I was supposed to pay 106k but I eventually paid a total of 60k because my uncle was able to speak to the guy at the counter and within 30 minutes I was done.

Saying goodbye to my family at the immigration was the actually the hardest part of the trip because non travelers were not allowed beyond that point. we all cried and said our goodbyes. I manned up and swallowed my tears while reminding myself I’ll see them pretty soon.

As I had said at the beginning of the story, My departure time was 1pm but we didn’t start boarding till around 2:40 and by 3:00pm we had taken off. This was actually my first time traveling by plane so I was very nervous but then I met a very nice lady who was heading to Malawi turns out she came to study in Nigeria UI to be precise and in my mind I was like who leaves their coin to come study in Nigeria lol. We arrived Addis Ababa by 11pm of which we were supposed to land by 9pm and have a layover of 2 hours before boarding the flight to Toronto but due to the delay in Lagos there was no layover, so it was off the flight from Lagos, down to the flight to Toronto.
Finding the boarding gate wasn't hard, but there were a lot of stops before getting to the boarding gate, like I had to pull off my shoe, open my carry-on like 3 times.
The second leg of the trip was longer like 13 hours or so but I entertained myself with some movies. for me I don’t know about others but the food on the plane was wack I was lucky enough to had snuck in pieces of meat onto the flight, this was what sustained me till we finally arrived safely on Tuesday morning 7:45am Toronto time everyone clapped for the pilot because there was a lot of turbulence of which I though was gonna die lol.
As soon as I came down from the flight I followed the signs and quickly rushed down to arrivals, I already did the arrivecan stuff online before leaving Nigeria but the self decoration machine wasn’t acknowledging my passport so I just had to proceed to one of the officials at the counter and she filled a new declaration form for me. Please obey all the instructions you’re given and kindly ask questions on things you don’t understand.
It was my turn to be attended to, the officer was actual looking beautiful so I told her then she smiled she then proceeds to ask for my international passport, my tuition receipt and she printed out my permit, stamped it and handed it over to me then she wished me goodluck, pro tip: try complimenting the officer it really makes the officer feel more comfortable with you.My cousin was already waiting for me at the arrivals and we were able to get a SIM card for me.

Thank you so much to everyone who had contributed to my journey by relentlessly answering my questions.
I’ll be resuming at centennial college this coming January and also it’s cold in Canada oooo make sure you are prepared.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by skylar2020(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2022
Afarch:
Hello everyone ,

I have a question pls. I emailed an MP way back concerning my application that was submitted in September 20th and he responded today saying this;

Hi,

I spoke with IRCC and here is the information that I got.

Application received on September 20 2022, and it is at the visa office in Nairobi, Kenya.

Eligibility has passed.

Criminality and medicals have passed.

No security to do.

No documents requested.

Application expected to be finalized by14 December 2022 but I can’t guarantee.

You can contact me after said date to do another follow-up with IRCC.

What does it mean Abeg ? @makano @thomysne @johnstan

Please can you share the contact of the MP as well as the email format used. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GoodofNaija: 7:14pm On Nov 30, 2022
IamDavidJames:

Yes, they will. I believe you find my previous post useful as well as you are in the same situation with the person I responded to.

In addition, try and aim their office opening time. You can schedule the email to send at that time, taking into consideration the time difference. Also send to Abuja & Lagos via email and webforms at 8 AM.

Thanks a bunch bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2022
Congratulations.

Peterobey:
PPR Alert

First-time applicant
New portal
No travel history
University of Windsor, Ontario
August 4 2022 - Application submitted
Biometrics completed and updated 8th August 2022.
Eligibility did not start until PPR dropped.
Medical - Upfront medical updated to pass 12th August 2022
Programme 2 years research-based master in education
PPR 22nd November 2022.

I attached the following documents under three subheadings
Additional Information
Proof of Funds
Client Information

Additional information
SOP - 4 pages - all the tips to write a solid sop was gotten from this thread
CV
Employment letter
Confirmation of employment
Special committee appointments at work
Introduction letter from employer
Introduction letter from HOD
NYSC acceptance letter at PPA where I was retrained afterwards
Work ID card
Pay slip
House training certification
Covid vaccination card
e-Medical sheet
Birth certificate (NPC)
Affidavit of return
Police character certificate
Certificate of membership from the campus society I belonged to
Secondary Sch testimonials
Secondary School club membership society (Red Cross)
Drivers License
Voters card
ID cards from associations I belonged to on campus
Awards (work and undergraduate)
CDS project photos during NYSC
Work photos with senior colleagues
Committee photos
Family photos with siblings
Father's death certificate
Mother's voter's card

Proof of fund
Mpower loan approval of $15,000 covering one-year tuition which I explained in sop
MBS- Sponsor's savings account #7.5M to cover 1 year living and travelling cost
MBS - My salary account #800,000
MBS - Sponsor's business account with cash flow of #40 million and closing balance of #10 million
Note: sponsor is my cousin's sister and business partner who is married now but had the same surname as me. I provided her marriage certificate and change of name
Letter of explanation of proof of means of support
Breakdown of financial plan in a spreadsheet for easy understanding
Notarized Letter of sponsorship on sponsor's company letterheads
Notarized affidavit of support
Acceptance of Mpower loan offer
Acceptance of offer confirmation
Sponsor's intentional passport
Sponsor's driver's license
Business registration certificate for two businesses owned by the sponsor

Client Information
Offer letter
Acceptance letter
No tuition deposit was requested from my school and I stated in my sop
Confirmation of acceptance
Undergraduate Transcript
Postgraduate diploma transcript
Degree certificate
PGDE certificate
Waec result
NYSC certificate
NYSC certificate of attestation
Professional license
Two Professional certificates
Microsoft certificate
IELTS result

I would like to appreciate pascal who gave me tips to compress my pdf to 2.MB which was crazy. This guy responded promptly like a brother every time I sent him a message. Also, VON was a big support as he reviewed my letter of sponsorship.

You can do it yourself, all the help you need is here. I studied every post and the peculiarity of the documents submitted. I used it to build a framework for my application and I kept editing and adding documents whenever I came across any PPR post. The weakest point in my application was my proof of funds and I backed it up with prayers.

I am going to Windsor, Ontario, I need any assistance to secure affordable off-campus accommodation because my school residence is on the high side.

Thank you guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOPAI7(m): 7:23pm On Nov 30, 2022
Wow.
Congratulations.
God is so good to you.

Jaykeh:
It's PPR guys......
I'm so happy I can't even hold myself.
First time Applicant.

The shortest timeline you might have met on this thread.

Application submitted - - November 5
Biometrics collection letter --November 5
Biometric completed--November 9
Upfront medicals done--November 17
Medicals passed--November 24th
Correspondence letter--November 28th
PPr--November 28

Thank God for me, I'm still in shock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.