Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1220549 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ednut1(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Marieeee:
About to apply

I need help with the Canadian study permit application process. I got admission to UManitoba BSC, but the thing is am 23 years of age. And my agent said the embassy might wonder what i did within the 7 years gap since i finished secondary school in 2015. So i don't know if i should explain that in my SOP or not. And for the proof of funds, is there a bank that can help me with the money? i mean the school fee for first year is $21000 canadian so i'm thinking of using a bank that can help me put like $30000 in the account to stand as proof of funds during this process, I don't know if that's possible. And lastly i heard the proof of funds has to be from 4months before applying. Please how true is that? Help
bsc is for 4 years with yearly payments you dont even have one year fees. How do you think they will give you visa. If its one year masters or pgd you can still package easily. Go and do your bsc in a private university and go for masters abroad later.Make una dey fear God o

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 6:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
@Chechem,

The new Portal takes 2MB documents in each of the sections while GCkey takes 4MB

Whereas the GCKEY can take multiple applications (family) at same time the new portal do not.

I hope this helps

Chechem:

Thanks alot but why do you advise so?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Marieeee: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
I do have one year fees with living and feeding. I'm even thinking of paying the first year school fees before going. If i should pay the school fees now do i still need bank statement for proof of funds or i can just use deed gifts instead? And how much do you think i need to have in my bank statement?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Marieeee: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
I do have one year fees with living and feeding. I'm even thinking of paying the first year school fees before going. If i should pay the school fees now do i still need bank statement for proof of funds or i can just use deed gifts instead? And how much do you think i need to have in my bank statement?
ednut1:
bsc is for 4 years with yearly payments you dont even have one year fees. How do you think they will give you visa. If its one year masters or pgd you can still package easily. Go and do your bsc in a private university and go for masters abroad later.Make una dey fear God o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Marieeee: 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
ednut1:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Joedave25: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
@ Awesomegod2023,

The possibility of getting your application approved is VERY HIGH.Be hopeful and still pray for perfection and God's Grace.

I can't wait to have u share your timeline here very soon.

Awesomegod2023:
My nL people, please come to my aid I got a medical request from ircc what’s the high chance of getting approved after medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pls can someone quote the detailed packing list.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Doyinn234:

Hello, please what date did you submit your passport to VFS Lagos. Cause I’ve submitted mine since 7th of November and haven’t gotten any update regarding it. Thank you.

We submitted the same day. But my was in Abuja. When was the last time you got notified that it has gotten to vac.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by apeja2017: 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Cheebu:
Those of us who have submitted our passports for a while and yet to get any pick-up notification from VFS have a serious issue on our hands. Especially if you got that mail on 17th of November about it being dispatched to the visa office.

We have students who have submitted their passports for 6-7 weeks and counting yet no feedback whatsoever. I think we should form a united front and approach VFS Lagos office for clarification. Those passports could literally be anywhere.

Some of us have booked flights & we're just so confused as to what to do. Personally I mailed IRCC. I included all their offices from Abuja to Nairobi to Accra to London to Shanghai. It was only Nairobi that responded. They said my passport is in queue for printing!

Printing bawo? Are they issuing new ones? It's complete chaos. I've repeatedly asked VFS why it took them 17 days to forward my passport to the embassy - I submitted on 31st of October. They have never answered that question. They just disable the chat and switch off.

Once more, those passports could be anywhere. Let it not be like the case of one guy that submitted his passport & after four months that he didn't get it back, he started complaining. And I'm not sure he has it till now.

Let's act fast!

Nawa oo
Every time I call or chat them what might have caused the long waiting? They will say it's embassy discretion.�
Every stage na challenges for this journey oo
Well Patience don kuku add to our name already.
We wait

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Luciferhimself: 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nko1: 7:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
HazeeyzaH:
Alhamdulilah!!!
My PPR is here!!!
August 7th Applicant

Did you get the ppr immediately after the bvl . I saw my bvl this evening but didn’t get the ppr yet

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pls can someone explain how I can send my passport to abuja VFS since someone here said DHL doesn't process 2 way transit anymore.

How will I get my passport back
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
This were the email address I sent mails to

Nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
Abuja@international.gc.ca
Lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
Shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

lapazi:

Please what address did you send the email to, and can you drop the sample email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
It'll drop.

Congratulations in advance
Nko1:

Did you get the ppr immediately after the bvl . I saw my bvl this evening but didn’t get the ppr yet
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nko1: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
It'll drop.

Congratulations in advance

Oh
I will come with my timeline when I see it . I applied for this thing and Never submitted much documents.i didn’t even see this nairaland thread before applying. I just google and the new portal showed up and submitted my application within 1 hour. My account balance was just 1.2m and I have even spent most of the funds coz I own a business (company) and I have 90million in properties. I owned 8 houses most rented . I have a farm and some shares. My money steady going into my uncompleted houses so I barely have savings.

I only use Mpower loan of 50k approved for me and the school wrote on my offer that “ the student has already made necessary arrangements for tuition and living expenses “ I think that statement on the offer means a lot

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ishola2002: 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pls what can I use to merge my supporting documents to a single file of not more than 2mb?
Joedave25:
@Chechem,

The new Portal takes 2MB documents in each of the sections while GCkey takes 4MB

Whereas the GCKEY can take multiple applications (family) at same time the new portal do not.

I hope this helps

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Pls can someone explain how I can send my passport to abuja VFS since someone here said DHL doesn't process 2 way transit anymore.

How will I get my passport back

It's been cleared, they still process 2 way service.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by thinksquad(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please, i need help. I have been trying to pay my tuition fee for niagara college with my access master card and its alway declined. Is there a way I can pay for it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 7:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
thinksquad:
Please, i need help. I have been trying to pay my tuition fee for niagara college with my access master card and its alway declined. Is there a way I can pay for it.

If it's a Naira card it won't work. You will need a dollar card (virtual or physical)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thank you.

johnstan:

It's been cleared, they still process 2 way service.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tgbengus151(m): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Have you gotten your stamped passport back? Because I heard Abuja is faster than Lagos.

apeja2017:

We submitted the same day. But my was in Abuja. When was the last time you got notified that it has gotten to vac.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by HazeeyzaH(f): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nko1:

Yeah.. immediately after bvl.. i got ppr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by GodswillBeDone: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
I was unable to quote or send messages on this particular thread for some days, I wonder why that was so. In any case, congratulations to all the PPRs and those that got delayed, don't lose faith. Order your notes, repackage and refire! Having a plan B like UK study, which is relatively shorter in terms of getting decision won't be a bad idea either.

Peace ✌️
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CornOak(m): 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
Pls can someone quote the detailed packing list.

Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/6957495/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/401#112079891

List of food items and other important things to pack. Godspeed.✅

Credit: Charitojames

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
GodswillBeDone:

I posted my brother's CBSA notes excerpts before to help me out on what I can do.

Please, I just received this response from a MP. What can I do please? How can I get them to start this eligibility review? The update they did was to update my medicals on October 29, 2022. Since then no update, nothing. Not even ghost update.

Anybody that has advice or that can help, please, kindly assist please.

In reality you don't have any influence over your application so don't let it bother you negatively or think that there is something you will do to make the process faster.
As stated by the mp the average processing time is 12weeks. Mine took 17 weeks, some June applicants just got theirs approved this week (which is over 20 weeks) while someone got theirs in less than 5 weeks.

The only thing I did was wait till mine was past the processing time then I started sending mails and webforms daily with exceptions to weekends - I never got a response to those Mails and webforms tho.

If your resumption is this winter, please be checking to know when it's the deadline to defer so you don't loose your admission waiting for IRCC.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 8:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please house, I need link on IOM Lagos or Abuja, so that I can book an appointment. The one I saw isn't loading...

Please, somebody should please help.

https://eaps.iom.int/

Is that the site for appointments?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
For those already in Canada or anyone with relevant information, please help me with this.
If I have naira in my account here in Nigeria, how can I exchange it for USD or CAD in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zdr1: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
HazeeyzaH:

Yeah.. immediately after bvl.. i got ppr

Oh okay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
amila20042001:
For those already in Canada or anyone with relevant information, please help me with this.
If I have naira in my account here in Nigeria, how can I exchange it for USD or CAD in Canada?

Would love to know if it's possible in Canada tho.

From here, it's either bureau de change (black market) or form A - maintenance upkeep (bank rate)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Zdr1: 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
I sent a lot of emails since Monday and BVL just dropped.

A final decision pending at last for this May 4th applicant

I can't even describe this feeling.

Dear how many hours did it took to get your ppr after the bvl seems mine is same as yours it’s more than 2hours since I saw the bvl but no ppr yet .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by amila20042001: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
That maintenance upkeep, have you seen someone who has used it. I don't think that shit works
johnstan:

Would love to know if it's possible in Canada tho.

From here, it's either bureau de change (black market) or form A - maintenance upkeep (bank rate)

(1) (2) (3) ... (568) (569) (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.