Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1240887 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2022
Nastygurl:
Good morning guys, I have been a silent observer of this thread and never posted but I had to come here and thank everyone for all their help and assistance in getting my PPR!

I got my PPR this morning! Praise God. I had been sent my BVL on the 2nd of December and had been one of those waiting and not getting any response. So, last night I saw one lady's post saying that she had been firing emails and got no response so she fired mails and got a response from London and they included a link for a webform...so I want to all my responses I had gotten from the emails I had been sending and most of them had webforms attached and I sent to every country that responded with a webform link....

these are the email addresses I sent mails to... I did this around midnight.
URGENT NEED FOR FINAL DECISION
beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca,
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca,
shanghai-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ganzu-immigration@international.gc.ca,
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca,
ldnimmigration@international.gc.ca,
nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
los-angeles-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NewYork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
NROBIIMDocument@international.gc.ca

At 1.30am I got an automated message from CE CSC do not reply and I knew that I had done something good and I will get a response today. And at 10.00am this morning I got Original Passport request mail.
So, for those who have been waiting since receiving BVL do not give up, fire those emails, fill all the webforms attached in the responses, always mark your messages as urgent , explain your situation and appeal to their empathy. God will do the rest for you!

Timeline
Online application May 30 2022
Medical November 4 2022
BVL December 2 2022
Original Passport request December 14 2022

Hope this helps someone!

Congratulations to you and yours

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 14, 2022
Pls is there any
December applicant that have passed medicals here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simyowe: 12:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
@ Kweje thanks so much

kweje:

Information on study permit application is on page 1 of this thread. A comprehensive guide is on there.

This is the link to page 1. Endeavour to read through and follow the thread. You will glean alot of testimonials and timelines posted by applicants.

https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
Good day Nairalanders, please how can i (international student) apply my child's visa separately?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Simyowe: 12:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
@ Johnstan thanks once again

johnstan:

Here's the link to the IRCC requirements, go through and revert with specific questions and someone will respond.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html

As @kweje highlighted, the page 1 of this thread also has great info to guide you so don't hesitate to go through.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
johnstan:

I feel the attachment is really clear.
Courier service comes at a cost for both third party service providers and VFS. You can choose to boycott courier charges and visit the office in person like I did or pay courier service providers to do this for you.
Transmission fee to VFS is charged if you choose to send your ppt to a location you did not do your biometrics.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnfem321: 12:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
That wouldn’t be a problem.. he can send the money to his account in bit within a few days say $2500 per transaction.. he should explain the source of the deposit and explain fund was kept in crypto.. he should also add his crypto account deposit/withdrawal history for about 3month.
Zeed13:
Hello please, I need your comment on this:
My sponsor wants to sell his crypto so he can show more money for my travel. This money will be deposited in his account which i intend to use by next year.
I am afraid the visa officer saying "a large sum was deposited" as I intend to submit it by January.
Is there any way, I could go about this?
He had kept about 10K dollars in his assets and he would be receiving it in his euro bank.
what should I do pls or how can I justify this money?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Please how do I get my LOI from ircc
From webform or email?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Oldfashioned145: 1:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
I've been looking for cheap flights to Regina and can't seem to get one. Help me pls, the ones I'm seeing are quite expensive. Can anyone refer me to a site
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Adakiobi: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Congratulations
Nastygurl:
Good morning guys, I have been a silent observer of this thread and never posted but I had to come here and thank everyone for all their help and assistance in getting my PPR!

I got my PPR this morning! Praise God. I had been sent my BVL on the 2nd of December and had been one of those waiting and not getting any response. So, last night I saw one lady's post saying that she had been firing emails and got no response so she fired mails and got a response from London and they included a link for a webform...so I want to all my responses I had gotten from the emails I had been sending and most of them had webforms attached and I sent to every country that responded with a webform link....

At 1.30am I got an automated message from CE CSC do not reply and I knew that I had done something good and I will get a response today. And at 10.00am this morning I got Original Passport request mail.
So, for those who have been waiting since receiving BVL do not give up, fire those emails, fill all the webforms attached in the responses, always mark your messages as urgent , explain your situation and appeal to their empathy. God will do the rest for you!

Timeline
Medical November 4 2022
BVL December 2 2022

Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tscott23: 1:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Please how do i get my proof of enrollment in applying to fanshawe and which other documents do I need to provide at the airport or Canadian border
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yes ohhhhhhh...all glory to God Almighty.
Everyone will get goodnews soonest.
NGOZIGLORI:
Congratulations to you brother and kudos to you for a job well done. All glory to God for making it happen.
May the land favor him

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CindyByFine(f): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
That's an automated response.
You need to fire down oh.

Processing timeline now is 9weeks and at 12weeks, you are way past the timeline.

Geerlings:
Hello my people this is a message I got from Nairobi this morning in mail, my application is 12weeks now and eligibility not yet started, with this replied from ircc can I still keep firing mail or I should just calm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tim1001: 1:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Good day friends, sometime in 2019 I ignorantly did a Canada visa package with an agent a friend introduced to me. It was supposed to be ETA for business conference and I even did biometric in June 2019. After the biometric I never got any information again concerning the application. Whenever I call the agent he will say I should not worry that he was sure they will contact me. After like 4 months past I lost interest and I did not call the agent again and December that year COVID started. Recently I got admission for Master's program and I tried to reach the agent to at least find out details of my previous application but to my surprise he is no longer reachable, even his IG and twitter and Facebook pages no longer exist. My concern now is I don't even know if the previous application was refused or cancelled. I also don't know what he did in the previous application particularly my work profile but I'm sure my family info and öhers are correct. Please kindly advice/ assist on what to do to ensure it does not affect my student visa. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2022
Tim1001:
Good day friends, sometime in 2019 I ignorantly did a Canada visa package with an agent a friend introduced to me. It was supposed to be ETA for business conference and I even did biometric in June 2019. After the biometric I never got any information again concerning the application. Whenever I call the agent he will say I should not worry that he was sure they will contact me. After like 4 months past I lost interest and I did not call the agent again and December that year COVID started. Recently I got admission for Master's program and I tried to reach the agent to at least find out details of my previous application but to my surprise he is no longer reachable, even his IG and twitter and Facebook pages no longer exist. My concern now is I don't even know if the previous application was refused or cancelled. I also don't know what he did in the previous application particularly my work profile but I'm sure my family info and öhers are correct. Please kindly advice/ assist on what to do to ensure it does not affect my student visa. God bless

If you're unable to reach the agent, I will advice you to open a new account profile on IRCC and apply for your student visa.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
I've been looking for cheap flights to Regina and can't seem to get one. Help me pls, the ones I'm seeing are quite expensive. Can anyone refer me to a site

You're resuming in Jan and you're yet to book your flight?
If you're looking for a flight of N500k - N600k you might need to book in February. If not just jeje check out African airlines like Ethiopia airline and the likes and book.
Ensure the flight itinerary does not have layovers in any American state or Schengen country as you would need a visa to pass through.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2022
ANGELAFELIX:
Please how do I get my LOI from ircc
From webform or email?

This appears in your portal after PPR. If it's yet to drop, send a mail to IRCC
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Glala: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
Oldfashioned145:
I got this message too today that my passport has been sent to my courier service from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on Wed Dec 07 2022 vide courier partner.

Abeg have you gotten your document now?
And what was the timeline?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
johnstan:

You're resuming in Jan and you're yet to book your flight?
If you're looking for a flight of N500k - N600k you might need to book in February. If not just jeje check out African airlines like Ethiopia airline and the likes and book.
Ensure the flight itinerary does not have layovers in any American state or Schengen country as you would need a visa to pass through.

So no layover at Amsterdam?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tacogado: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
Use adobe acrobat to edit
caleb231:
Hello all, I get an error message when attempting to upload my 1294e form.

I have downloaded and filled the most recent one, cleared caches, used another laptop, still getting error messages.

Pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by yusmuf001: 4:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hello Koreanlord,

I paid my first-semester tuition complete. The first admission letter I got was to pay 2650$ then I got another letter that help me to apply for a study permit and it stated there that I must pay my first semester complete before a certain date.

PS: paying your first-semester school fees is a plus to your study visa application.

koreanlord:
Thanks for the response bro..... Did you pay the full tuition for the first semester before your request to defer was granted?

How did you apply? via Email right?

cc yusmuf001
Dopeyomi
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Chechem: 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
johnstan:

Ok in that case you will need the power of attorney for the sale to the new buyer to show that the lump sum is actually from the sale of the property.
Now it's your share you are receiving so an affidavit would cover that, stating that the funds is from the sale and the amount you received is your share.

Okay. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 4:41pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jaykeh:

Transit through Addis Ababa or Dubai is safer as transit visas are not required.
If your flight has Amsterdam as a layover, contact the airline to confirm if a transit visa is required because Netherlands is a Schengen country if I'm not mistaken.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kweje: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
Jaykeh:

You cant have 2 transits in Europe. If Amsterdam is your first stop you most likely wont need it. ( KLM & Allied flights). But if it is a second stop and you have to disembark from the craft( you would).
All the same, verify from the airline.

Ethiopia airline has dublin as a 2nd stop but you dont disembark( it is just for refuel, hence no transit visit is requested).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bullstriker: 4:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
An enrollment letter from the school is required for SOWP if the international student has received a study permit.
jaydave:
for those in Canada and others with the knowledge of SOWP please I need y’al to give your submission about this issue.
My friend’s wife failed to pay the balance of her tuition at deadline date ,now her sch has stopped her from attending classes until she pays. Wont this situation affects d SOWP application ? she wants to start processing for her hubby SOWP this month.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by technix: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
You can apply for your child in your own portal (if you have access to it). If not, you can open another account for the application.

TOSM:
Good day Nairalanders, please how can i (international student) apply my child's visa separately?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ucy12: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2022
That's great! And it is completely free of charge. Wow! As at 2020 I tried getting it via the same site but there seemed to be only that of 5$ for Canadian citizens and permanent residents. This route seems to be new, or so. That's a good one then. Thanks a lot for your helpful replies. Blessings bros!
jaydave:
It works .. notes I ordered in sept29 dropped last week Friday .. it was 9pages .. the last page shows the explanation of the VO
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Misstolaly(f): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2022
Hi Guys,

Been a very long time i posted here, on the last thread before it was closed most likely. Finally got my application approved after a very long time (Applied May 14th 2022). I'm sure attached screenshot will help with more context. But I'm still waiting for my daughter's decision review, which I have raised a Reconsideration Request for, via webform and email. Trusting God for quick completion on that and would notify here once done to encourage more people.

My updated timeline:
Application Submitted - 14th May 2022
BVL - 1st December
PPR - 1st December (now updated to 13th Dec on the new portal)
POE Introduction Letter: 14th December (valid till 30th Dec 2023)

Daughter's timeline:
Application Submitted - 14th May 2022
Refusal - 1st Sept 2022
Refusal Reason: Asset & Financial considerations (just a one-liner with no details)

So my last followup to IRCC was the last week of August/ first week in Sept, when it was obvious i couldn't meet up with school resumption, I uploaded my updated LOA for Fall 2023 with payment evidence for part tuition, and moved on to other things. Quite surprising when I got the refusal notice for my daughter and the wait continued for my decision, so I can take the next step. I stopped all follow-ups especially when IRCC responded to a mail that I sent in July by Sept 7th that our applications were still under processing. I just checked the portal randomly and also continued praying.

1st of Dec, got multiple emails from IRCC and there came my BVL and PPR, but no change of status for daughter's application. So i just decided to wait it out. Eventually dispatched my passport to VFS a few days ago and also raised reconsideration request on her application. Then I got another update from IRCC yesterday on my profile - Approval decision updated to 13th Dec and POE letter dropped today. Passport has also been processed and waiting for delivery.

Waiting on God to perfect my daughter's application, i have a strong feeling, the attached POF for her was overlooked / our files were processed separately even though I submitted same day. I ordered GCMS notes since October but it's yet to arrive.

Any other advice from here would be appreciated. All the best to everyone still expecting a decision.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by kayceekay: 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
lapazi:

Do we need police report for student Visa application, i cant find this anywhere as part of the required documentations, please pple enlighten us!
No, you don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Yhn1: 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nastygurl:

Timeline
Medical November 4 2022
BVL December 2 2022

Hope this helps someone!

Congrats dear but it’s not really about the mail. I guess most time once their is delay in bvl it takes minimum of 2 weeks to get ppr or even more.
We have been sending same mail since 2 weeks also getting mails from csc via webform submission but nothing yet. Seems your ppr is just due. These people ignores these mails in most cases. The May applicant that got ppr also got bvl first and was delayed for like 2 weeks. Also the last applicant that got bvl first and got ppr last Friday was also delayed for atleast 2 weeks. No one understands ircc
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TOSM: 6:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
technix:
You can apply for your child in your own portal (if you have access to it). If not, you can open another account for the application.

Thanks technix

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (1317)

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.